Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

How to get over a breakup - picking up the pieces - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How to get over a breakup - picking up the pieces (320 Views)

My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls / 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to get over a breakup - picking up the pieces by pinkpearl17(f): 2:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
To let go is to remove the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clinging and disappointment of the past that binds our spirit.

Jack Kornfield.

Heartbreaks are tough from the heartache, pain, being disillusioned and crushed. All of a sudden, a person we have let into our lives, gotten interwoven with and made plans with walks away. It is a difficult situation but you can get through it. I have put together a few practical tips of how you can get over a breakup. I am confident it will help you if you practise them. Lets take a look at them below.

1. Cry.

Cry until the tears can no longer fall. Crying helps to relieve the weight on your chest. All the pent up emotions of anger and hurt, will pour out through tears. I know it hurts because to you the person meant the whole world and now they ate gone, it feels the world have left and rejected you. So cry it out.

2. Be angry.

It is okay to be mad. You invested emotions, time, money, resources into somethinh that flopped, so anger is expected. Allow yourself to feel the anger but don't get stuck in this phase.

3. Accept it.

Whether you like it or not, people will come and go from our lives. It is inevitable in life and does not define our worth in anyway. It just signifies their time in our lives is over. Reconcile with yourself. All the 'why' questions you keep asking won't change anything. Don't dwell on what coulda shoulda woulda been. The reality is, the relationship is over. Face it. Accept it and move on.

4. Release them in your heart

Don't be bitter. It will only hold you down and slow your heaing process. Whatever you do, don't demonize them in your heart or focus on all the wrong things that was done to you. As it takes two to agree so it takes two to disagree. Forgive them and let them go. Forgive yourself too. It is not your fault.

Release them in your subconscious mind. Remind yourself of all the reasons it did not work. Maybe you could have done better. Maybe she could have done better. Learn the lessons and move on. Let them go from your thoughts. Comsciously learn how to block the thoughts when they come.

Replace it with other things, with time your subconscious will pick it up and stop bringing up the thoughts. It takes practise but it will fade with time. The more you hold on, the more you hamper your growth and prevent yourself from opening to someone else. Let go.

5. Fall in love with yourself

This point cannot be overemphasized. I understand a break up makes us question our worth as a person. We beat up ourselves for inadequacies that we perceive might have led or contributed to the break up.

This is a normal reaction in our irrational mode but harmful to our emotional and mental wellbeing. A break up does in no way reduce you. Your identity is in Christ Jesus and it cannot change. No human factor can change it.

You were made in the likeness of God. A mere relationship break cannot define you. Your worth is priceless. Look in the mirror and see how marvellously God designed you. You are a masterpiece

6. Find a hobby.

Whether it is singing, dancing, learning an instrument, sports, starting a blog, whatever it is you love doing, find something to do and invest your energy in it. This will help so much as it will shift the enetgy from yout broken relationship into the new hobby.

7. Have a support system

It could be your family or closest friends you can confide in. But talk to someone. Talk about it until you dont feel pain anymore. It has proven that when we say things out and actually hear the words, we are more objective about it than when it is holed up in our mind.

8. You will find someone else.

Right now, you may feel so hurt and think you will never find anyone like your ex partner or be able to love anyone else again. This is the biggest lie of the century. Your brain is playing tricks on you. There are other amazing people out there. And you will meet someone else, love again. It is the circle of life. The pain will be nothing but a distant memory to you.

There is a reason for everything. You can find purpose in pain if you decide to.

Love is so real. It is unfortunate we might have a few bad experiences in our journey of finding love, but this in no way invalidates the existence of love. God is love and as long as there is God, there is love.

Pain is very temporal but love is everlasting. I pray God heals your heart. I leave you with this verse
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power. His understanding has no limit. Psalm 147:3-7.

You are loved.� � �
Visit
https://musingsandroses./2019/02/28/break-up-picking-up-the-pieces/

(1) (Reply)

Hook Up Enugu / Sex Outside Marriage Is Free But It Belongs To Animals - Reno Omokri / How To Find Love Amidst The Hustle And Bustle In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.