Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. (1728 Views)

A Loving God / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / How Jesus Christ Was Created (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by jcross19: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
And God said, I will blot out man whom I have made from the face of the earth, even man with cattle, and reptiles with flying creatures of the sky, for I am grieved that I have made them
- Genesis 6:7

What is not true, in Genesis 6:7 above please?

Bible called what falling angels?
Where did you read the Bible called what fallen angels and that they can do anything? Please share that interesting Bible verse for all to read.
start reading from verse 6 verse 1 to7-Genesis 6:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
King James Version (KJV) now who are the Sons of God?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by jcross19: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
And God said, I will blot out man whom I have made from the face of the earth, even man with cattle, and reptiles with flying creatures of the sky, for I am grieved that I have made them
- Genesis 6:7

What is not true, in Genesis 6:7 above please?

Bible called what falling angels?
Where did you read the Bible called what fallen angels and that they can do anything? Please share that interesting Bible verse for all to read.
book Jude 1,verse 5-6, then you will know where am coming from
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
when u read a bible for a better understanding dont just read one version. Read up to 5 versions.

Some versions say 'and it repented' the lord that he created man. Some say 'and god regretted' that he made man.

The same bible that says 'and it repented god that he created man' also says 'god is not a man that he should lie nor a son of man that he should repent'.
Yes, and that is why it is said that Context is King

jcross19:
Start reading from verse 6 verse 1 to7-Genesis 6:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
King James Version (KJV) now who are the Sons of God?
I dont know what you want me to read in the above but you are free to read out what the Bible never says, if that is what you want to do

1 Like

Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by jcross19: 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The word regret is a poor rendition of the original word used, grieve is a more close and appropriate translation of the original word
the issue we Christian are having we don't believe there are mistakes in the bible . see there are alots of human errors there . God can't regret that language is an human error.
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by jcross19: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, and that is why it is said that Context is King

I dont know what you want me to read in the above but you are free to read out what the Bible never says, if that is what you want to do
ah but that's clear to you ! Jesus said angel don't marry he is right because that's the order from God but disobeyed ones messed up. now those angels came to Abraham didn't they eat food and drink too in what stomach ?
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by GreatResearcher: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
Muttleylaff pls giveup. U are losing. Don't be NL Atiku pls..
Re: The Universe Looks Nothing Like It Was Created By A Loving God. by MuttleyLaff: 4:09am On Mar 02, 2019
jcross19:
the issue we Christian are having we don't believe there are mistakes in the bible . see there are a lots of human errors there. God can't regret that language is an human error.
I am pleased you admit there are misunderstanding and misinterpretation translation mistakes in the bible. I am further pleased that you also admit and acknowledge that there are lots of human errors in it, that is in the translation versions. The thing is all scripture is God inspired but same cant be said for all bible translations. Case in point, the word, "angel(s)" otherwise and also known as "angelous" or "malaika" is not a denotation used exclusively for only celestial beings but interestingly enough it is a designation used for human beings too

I have already and previously explained that the word regret is a poor rendition of the original word "nacham" used, and that grieve is a more close and appropriate translation of the original "nacham" word. Let's give this a little perspective, shall we?. How would you feel, if you're about to destroy a very much cherished handiwork of yours that you had sweated, laboured, tender loved and cared over? You will be gutted, your heart crushed and shatterred, right? Well, if you, as a human being, made in the image and likeness of God, can feel such intense emotive, imagine the scale and level God can too, when come face to face with decision of what He needed to do, at that point in time, about man.

jcross19:
ah but that's clear to you! Jesus said angel don't marry he is right because that's the order from God but disobeyed ones messed up.
C'mon now jcross19, get the facts right, "disobeyed ones messed up" is incongruous, besides, celestial beings are genderless. Also, be advised that the angels didnt at all eat nor drink, but rather appeared to eat and drink. The thing is food has no beneficial purpose for celestial beings, who appear on scenes, to look like mortal human beings, when on earth, in official capacities, as in, when doing errands and/or when performing duties for God. Make no mistake, angels do not marry, whether in Heaven or on earth and have no reason to actually or in reality, eat and drink, other than to play to the gallery.

jcross19:
Now those angels came to Abraham didn't they eat food and drink too in what stomach?
jcross19 ah, dont you remember that Jesus walked into a room through a locked or closed door

GreatResearcher:
Muttleylaff pls giveup. U are losing. Don't be NL Atiku pls..
GreatResearcher, I dont lose, I let other people win, so I guess you see that winning and losing does not have any meaning to me now. Note that, as case in point, some people win by losing and some lose by winning, and never be afraid to lose, because there's the chance, you learn more from losing than winning, as losing forces or can lead one to re-examine things. Losing is allowed, only just dont lose your faith, conviction confidence and fire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Saved A Wonderful Soul From Commiting Suicide Last Night / Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah / An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.