Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala (29693 Views)

I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose / Tinubu: If Elected President, I’ll Work On Ensuring 24/7 Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by yns4real: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
The governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP) in Oyo State and former governor of the state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, Friday gave details of how alliance talks between his party and other opposition parties in the state broke down.

He also revealed that he has decided to work with the All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate in the state, Adebayo Adelabu, to ensure his success in the March 9 governorship election, but still remains a member of the ADP.

Alao-Akala made the revelation yesterday at his Bodija, Ibadan residence.

His words: “I remain in ADP and all our candidates for the House of Assembly seats will stand the March 9th elections on the platform of the ADP with my full support but I will work for the victory of Bayo Adelabu.”

He explained that his alliance with APC is based on the party’s belief that the ADP can perform optimally and has a strong grassroots network not only in Ogbomoso but also in Ibadan, Ibarapa, Oke-Ogun and Oyo.

“Our core values and philosophies as indicated in our ADP manifestos, ‘Rescue Mission Agenda, have been adopted by Bayo Adelabu with the Presidency as witness. I have therefore as a candidate of ADP, accepted to support Adelabu of APC for victory and therefore form a coalition government.

“My solemn gratitude goes to our members, state and national leaders of ADP for the ample opportunity given to me to lead and fly the flag of the party. Though, my decision is a very tough one, it is for the progress of Oyo State.”

Alao-Akala said his decision following the outcome of the just concluded presidential and National Assembly elections was based on the outcome of some incidents.

He said: “It is widely known that I initiated alliance talks with the main opposition parties in Oyo State vis-a-vis my great party – the Action Democratic Party ((ADP), the African Democratic Congress (ADC), the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) with my boss, the former governor of Oyo State and Osi Olubadan, Senator Rashid Adewolu Ladoja as mediator.

“Meanwhile, during the alliance process, I received an emergency call from the Presidency. In the meeting with the Presidency, I was prevailed upon to work for APC. My response was that I should be given 48hrs to consult with my people, the opposition parties’ alliance committee as well as the teeming members, the leaders and the stakeholders of my great party, ADP.

“On resumption of the alliance meeting, my boss (High Chief Rashid Adewolu Ladoja) told me point blank in the presence of other governorship candidates that I was not in consideration for Governorship due to my place of birth – Ogbomoso. According to him, “we need an Ibadan man to slug it out with another Ibadan man, which is Bayo Adelabu,” With the statement, my geographical place of birth is the only crime I committed.

“Since I’ve been unfairly and technically booted out of the alliance talks, I consulted with my party stakeholders and supporters whose support have brought me this far. Having realised that my 2019 governorship agenda cannot be realised in isolation based on the present situation, the only option remaining for me is to form an alliance with Mr. Bayo Adelabu of APC.

“I, Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala – the Oyo State 2019 Action Democratic Party (ADP), have decided to form an alliance with the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Adebayo Adekola Adelabu ahead of the March 9 Governorship and state House of Assembly Elections in the state. However, all the ADP candidates for the House of Assembly seats will go to the elections with my maximum supports.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/why-ill-work-for-adelabu-in-oyo-by-akala/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by kenodrill: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
Good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by djlawex02(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
419! Seyi makinde is the next governor... if you like work for yar'adua, who cares.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Neymessi: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
omisore things in osun about to happen in oyo

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by UncleJudax(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
Lol. Use less politicians. grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Cameroonglass(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
thats good ,,next�

2 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by 9jayes: 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
UncleJudax:
Lol. Use less politicians. grin
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Kingbusssy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
Issokay
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
Chaiiii FTC in the history of Nairaland, I deserve an award
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by MrAnele(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
We all know why......

See my signature
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Hotfreeze: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
Poor Pdp.
They're just getting blows from all sides.

The badluck of those Ipob pigs is really holding Pdp down.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by WisdomFlakes: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
Unless Oyo is split up, the ibadan hegemony will continue unabated. That is why I don't blame Akala for seizing the opportunity to succeed Ladoja during his wahala with his godfather Adedibu. Without that problem there's no way a non-ibadan person would have smelled that governorship seat. Oyo state is too big in my opinion. The state needs to be broken up into 3 or more states for equity's sake. Akala is a seasoned politician that knows his politics. He has made the right call under the circumstance. He stands to gain more with APC than PDP.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by DWJOBScom(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
Oyo people should give a younger person a chance and let these old men retire in peace

4 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Dannygold3790(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
I am new here please show me some love

24 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Jombom: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
Am loving how PDP is being shamed home n abroad. May it never be well with PDP n all it supporters for the 16 locust year it took 9ja tru.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Vado(m): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
Politics is a chess game but in the long run, like Omisore, like Akala they will not be remembered as honorable men.

14 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by asobo: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Makinde is a goal.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Hotfreeze: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
DWJOBScom:
Ibadan people should give a younger person a chance and let these old men retire in peace

Oyo is more than Ibadan.

Adelabu is the relatively better choice of the most prominent candidates.

Youth is not a parameter for good governance. Yahaya Bello is a youthful disaster.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by omoteacher(m): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

So he doesn't believe in himself and his popularity ? Good for him ,since it's political calculation.
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Nosaghae(m): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Horbar1: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Don't worry, you will be retired on March 9. Political prostitute.

9 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by walade(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
How stupid can one sound? Akala said he left alliance with opposition because he was told that he wasn't in contention for Guber race but he went to form partnership with the ruling party who did not also concede anything to him. Instead of Akala to say that he agreed with the highest bidder. Oponu

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Cletus77(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
If you think this man has nothing to say
Gather here cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Riversides2003(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
If it has been destined he will not win your working for him will not make any much difference after all when you worked for yourself you still lost. Oyo State is clamouring for a change and Makinde is the magic number.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by OmoManU: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
Omo take it or leave it, Tinubu remains the Jagaban of Africa

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by chloride6: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
With Ogbomoso in the bag...

Makinde can forget the governorship..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Honor10: 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
Tinubu is doing underground work and building alliance now, when APC win Oyo in the next election, the PDPigz will cry rigging, whereas all they do was to make noise online.

SW is APC, APC is SW. No more PDP in our land, we dash Ipob people.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by Nellybank(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
The law of Jagaban brain manipulation. #Nigeriawillbefreeoneday#
Re: Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala by humberjade: 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
This one has sold his party...by supporting the APC at the guber election, his party, ADP will struggle to win a seat on March 9th...most voters are not as enlightened as that in this part of the country...in elections that would be held on the same day; ADP House Assembly candidates have been sacrificed on the alter of Alao Akala's Ministerial ambition. grin

Best play from him though...PDP have close to nothing to offer him, but he can take his chances with APC.

But on the contrary, depending on Tinubu to get u a Fed appointment, is a huge gamble; someone whose ministerial list was shoved up his butt the last time out...his men were dumped for Shittu in Oyo, Adeosun in Ogun and Fashola in Lagos...so it is that kind of a person that is promising to fix Alao Akala up at d Fed level...imagine o, someone who still doesn't know what the cabal have in stock for him, is promising someone appointment... grin

The best Akala can get is to be given Commissionership slots...I don't see Buhari giving him an important role in his govt...if u know, u know... grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Oshiomhole, APC Governors, Senators-Elect Meet in Aso Rock / Man Reminds Obidients Who Asked Him For Drinks That Obi Does Not Give Shishi / Photos Of Gov. Ayo Fayose Clearing Dirt In A Drainage During Sanitation Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.