Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder (8156 Views)

As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? / Brabus' World's Most Powerful Twelve-cylinder SUV Is 4½ Times The Price Of G63 / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by mechanics(m): 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
Nice one, educative.
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
Debramaye:
I don't know how to drive grin
i will teach u
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Deltatoto: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
Debramaye:
I don't know how to drive grin
what do you reply
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by santos012(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
this is how u drive

1 Like

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Edum13656: 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
OP, you must be living in the distant past....shouldn't this be a thread for the 90's? Clutch? Since when?
Just like trying to advice folks how to maintain or clean a Carburetor of a car... How many current vehicles use that sh!t anymore? None! sad

90% of operating vehicles on the roads are automatic!

How many manual transmission vehicles are still out there (other than danfos)?

See ignorant Mumu. Automatic transmission is just for easy drive specifically for people with low IQ. Almost all banks' official flashy cars are manual. when ppl wey no get tyre comment u go know.

1 Like

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Josh44s(m): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
Mennnnn the day my brake master cylinder show me pepper eh I almost had a fatal accident that could have claimed my priceless life.
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by august2224(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
I am converting my Nissan Maxima auto tranny to manual trans at the mechanic right away. I dislike auto cars
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Mike008(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
I have successfully defeated all the rats in my house. Ask me how? grin
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by ComputerOperato: 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
OP, you must be living in the distant past....shouldn't this be a thread for the 90's? Clutch? Since when?
Just like trying to advice folks how to maintain or clean a Carburetor of a car... How many current vehicles use that sh!t anymore? None! sad

90% of operating vehicles on the roads are automatic!

How many manual transmission vehicles are still out there (other than danfos)?
I own and drive a manual car.
And I love it.
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by ChiefDenis(m): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
While i agree with everything you've said, not all manual transmission cars have a master cylinder as per your first sentence, that component is a feature of hydraulic systems. cars with cable operated clutch have neither a master or slave cylinder,

Godspower35:
The clutch master cylinder is part of any car with manual transmission. It offers the switch hydraulics. If you start to feel or hear something unusual when you switch gears or push down the clutch pedal, pay attention because it may indicate a problem with the master cylinder. If you have a bad coupling
cylinder, you will probably see some of these symptoms. Keep in mind that these symptoms may also be due to other transmission problems, but they are good to look for if you suspect a master cylinder number.

Soft pedal

The “soft” pedal is when you can feel your foot that the pedal has lost its normal resistance when you press it down. This may be due
to leakage of the master cylinder. Leakage may be due to seal problem.

Hard Shift

If it is difficult to move the gearbox, indicates that the Master Cylinder is defective. When you cannot properly switch, it may be difficult to change gear.

Pedal to the floor

If the clutch pedal does not rise from the floor, the hydraulics of the clutch will not work at all. Probably the Master Cylinder has been removed and needs to be replaced immediately. You can't drive a car in this condition.

Low liquid

If you find that the transmission fluid is low and you have to fill it more often than usual, you are likely to have a leak. This leak can come from the master cylinder. It may also be a crack or hole in any transfer system. All gear parts must be checked for leaks to isolate the problem.

Fluid rise in the tank

If you have a bad master cylinder, you can do the following test with an assistant. Ask your assistant to press the switch to see if the reservoir transmission fluid rises when the switch is down and rises again when the switch is released. If this happens, your master cylinder must be replaced.

Loud engagement

If you arrive with the brake applied and the gear engaged, you may hear a loud noise when you hold down the clutch pedal. This may be because the master cylinder is leaking and does not hold the release fork when the pedal is depressed.

Oil on the cylinder

If you still are not sure what the problem is, look under the bonnet and inspect the master cylinder yourself. If the bottom of the cylinder feels moist and oily, the leak is likely to come from the master cylinder.

A defective clutch master cylinder loses its power to maintain the hydraulic pressure required for the operation of the clutch. If you take care of the repair of the cylinder, you protect your entire transmission from damage. Make sure it is repaired immediately.

Points to note:
I believe with this vital point above, it will be easy for you to identify immediate signs of a Bad Clutch Master Cylinder . If these can be easily avoided the vehicle will be in a good condition.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/03/7-symptoms-of-bad-clutch-master-cylinder.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-zevb_QluI0Q/XHnWouFsDdI/AAAAAAAACI8/kEhSV6qLMScU6Y9RqqzTxLHfXBNstQXVgCLcBGAs/s1600/clutch%2Bmaster%2Bcylinder.jpg[/img]

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by ChiefDenis(m): 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lol, tell dem, automatic is for the lazy or disabled grin

Edum13656:

See ignorant Mumu. Automatic transmission is just for easy drive specifically for people with low IQ. Almost all banks' official flashy cars are manual. when ppl wey no get tyre comment u go know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / My Successful Experience With Saintjoel Of Nairaland In Buying A Car Frm Cotonou / Okada Or Keke Napep, Which One Scares You Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.