Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus (21458 Views)

'Court will decide': Shaibu arrives PDP HQs, demands Certificate of return / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Court Will Decide El-zakzaky’s Fate, Presidency Tells Shiites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by actiondrilling: 6:32am On Mar 02, 2019
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Uche Secondus, has expressed confidence that the court would overturn the victory of President Muhsmmadu Buhari.

He, therefore, warned that nobody would stop the party from contesting the outcome of the Feb. 23 Presidential Election in the court.

Secondus told journalists on Friday in Abuja that the party believed that justice would be done at the court.

“We will go to court. Nobody will stop us from going to court and bring out all of the facts both the international observers and some people have not seen.

“We will unearth them at the court and I believe that justice will be done at the court.

“Because, if we continue to suppress injustice and go sentimental, the country will continue to pile on gun powder that will explode one day.

“So much injustice has been done in this country and if we allow it and it continues to pile, nobody knows what will happen.

“So, that’s why we decided as good citizens and law-abiding and people who believe in rule of law that we will go,” Secondus said.

Speaking on the recent meeting the party and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, had with the National Peace Committee, Secondus said there was no condiction given to the party, as they were only invited to state their grievances.

“There was no condition. Initially, we were not to talk with them because a decision had been taken to go to court, but because of the personalities involved, we said ok, let’s just talk.

“There was no condition. There was no request of any condition.

“We made it clear that unless the injustices are addressed, there is no room for peace. It is only when you address the injustice that you can now sit down for peace,” he said.

Secondus also spoke on the alleged militarisation of the elections particularly in the South South and South East.

He said it was one of the strategies the rulling party used in denying PDP victory.

He added the development was also responsible for alleged killing of innocent electorate and suppression of voters who were either scared out or chased away from polling units.

He said that even by the Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC) own record voter turnout in last Saturday’s election fell to about 36 per cent from 44 per cent it was in 2015.

“While the military was suppressing voters in PDP strong hold areas in the South, a different abracadabra was going on in some northern states particularly in Kano, Yobe, Borno and Zamfara states where numbers refuse to add up.

“In Borno, Yobe and Zamfara states, confirmed report shows that there was non-compliance in the use of Smart card reader as approved by INEC rules”.

He added that “The same applies to cancelled votes, in Nasarawa states over 115,000votes cancelled, Kogi 79,000 votes, Plateau 30,000 votes indicating that these high incidence of vote cancellation were designed to suppress the margin of victory in PDP strongholds.

Secondus urged PDP members and supporters across the country not to despair but to remain steadfast and focused.

“Like our presidential candidate assured, we shall triumph at the end because democracy has come to stay in this country and is staying by the grace of God.

“I also wish to reiterate to our security agencies particularly the Army that they are not at war with any section of her citizens and they must try to be professional in their duties by staying away from election matters as directed by the Supreme Court of the land”.

Highlight of the press conference include one minute silence for Nigerians who lost their lives on the election day and in the course of celebrating the outcome.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nan.ng/news/court-will-give-us-victory-secondus/amp/

10 Likes

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by LUGBE: 6:33am On Mar 02, 2019
sad
Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by abtallest24(m): 6:34am On Mar 02, 2019
i pity the victory

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Jombom: 6:35am On Mar 02, 2019
This clown as forgotten the CJ is no longer Onnogen that sell justice to the highest dollar bidder mumu. Himself won own share for intel.

Shameless pig

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Nackzy: 6:37am On Mar 02, 2019
Sir i wish but i doubt, that was the more reason they removed Walter Onnengehn, Because they knew he could decide to favour Atiku, Everyone in that hierarchy today are loyal to APC government , that will Never work...APC are criminals, They have corrupted Buhari who had a very nice mindset towards this country, they want to eat the National cake until they are satisfied , at the Detriment of 100 millions poor Nigerians

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by GOFRONT(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2019
Nigeria is where Professors rig elections .....but expel students for examination malpractice.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by chriskosherbal(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2019
Well let's see if our judicial system can handle this undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by helinues: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2019
Yes as a second

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Joshmodest(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2019
It's certain to even a blind eye , that APC successfully rigged the election in flying colors...
The unfortunate thing about the whole thing , is that even if the man of the people ,Atiku wins in court (which I doubt considering the case is going to be judged by an oshiomole in a judge's robe)...the lifeless body in Asorock would not obey such unfavourable judgement..it's that bad, for a democratic government....
From now till 2023 i consider Nigeria as a country without a president...if Atiku had entered there would have been an iota of hope , with buhari ...its same of the same , if not worse...sadly his supporters can't see the handwriting on the wall.....

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Eden007(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2019
Nackzy:
Sir i wish but i doubt, that was the more reason they removed Walter Onnengehn, Because they knew he could decide to favour Atiku, Everyone in that hierarchy today are loyal to APC government , that will Never work...APC are criminals, They have corrupted Buhari who had a very nice mindset towards this country, they want to eat the National cake until they are satisfied , at the Detriment of 100 millions poor Nigerians

You don't know what you are saying.
Apart from Tanko and one supreme court judge who is the last person in the hierachy, all other judges have soft spot for PDP.

Now, this is how supreme court works:
Each Judge in a panel writes its own individual judgement and the judgement with the highest vote will be the verdict.

Big question, can Buhari get 3 judges of supreme court in a panel of 5 to write judgement in his favour after all the embarrassment he has given to them?

This will be Buhari Vs supreme court battle of power.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Chikpat(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2019
Na lie o.
Hw can court give you victory in an election you failed

13 Likes

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by bender79: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2019
Eden007:

You don't know what you are saying.
Apart from Tanko and one supreme court judge who is the last person in the hierachy, all other judges have soft spot for PDP.

Now, this is how supreme court works:
Each Judge in a panel writes its own individual judgement and the judgement with the highest vote will be the verdict.

Big question, can Buhari get 3 judges of supreme court in a panel of 5 to write judgement in his favour after all the embarrassment he has given to them?

This will be Buhari Vs supreme court battle of power.
Have you ever seen where a court in Africa unseated a president? My brother the best Atiku can get is cancellation in some areas. However, judges also weigh the implications of removing a seating president in climes such as Nigeria and prefer to kill it with technicalities. Same thing happened to buhari and Yaradua in 2007

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by BabaRamota1980: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2019
The court will adjourn, re-adjourn, extend the adjournment. By time they get down to briefing its June 12, Buhari is sworn in. Buhari appoints Oshiomhole the new Director of EFCC. Come see as some people go escape from Nigeria enter Cameroon to catch exile plane to UK. grin grin

Secondus wan become Omokri neighbor. cheesy

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Afamed: 7:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Secondus said similar thing during the Ekiti tribunal

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by IkalaiyeLOTO: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2019
During his acceptance speech in 2007, late president UMARU YARADUA confessed that the election that brought him to power was a rigged election.
The supreme court Justices that later sat on PMB petition were on seat when YARADUA made the confession.
At the end, the supreme court uphold YARADUA presidency!

Atiku & PDP are jokers

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Babalawoniger: 7:10am On Mar 02, 2019
Bunch of jokers.
Secondus should simply resign. He has failed woefully.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by arewafederation: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2019
How many elections have the PDP won since Secondus became chairman?

If you can answer this question correctly, then you ll know the true outcome of the elections. grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2019
If PDP has the video evidences I learnt they have about massive rigging in some States, they could win at the courts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by nrexzy: 7:20am On Mar 02, 2019
U wan spend ur Intel's shares too?
No worry Una go win for court 2015
Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by nrexzy: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2019
U wan spend ur Intel's shares too?
No worry Una go win for court 2015
OkaNaUbe:
If PDP has the video evidences I learnt they have about massive rigging in some States, they could win at the courts.
U can't present multiple videos on sane incident at a time if it so applies that's prove that the event recoreded were staged

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Seetto: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2019
Secondus...you are a true son of your father, your name dey follow you...second us,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Eden007(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2019
bender79:
Have you ever seen where a court in Africa unseated a president? My brother the best Atiku can get is cancellation in some areas. However, judges also weigh the implications of removing a seating president in climes such as Nigeria and prefer to kill it with technicalities. Same thing happened to buhari and Yaradua in 2007

There is always a first time.
If Atiku has huge evidence of voters supression like it is reported, the court will cancel the election call for a re-run and ask army to stay away this time.

Go online now, check the list of supreme court judges try do a little background check on them you'd see there are mostly affiliated to the PDP.
How many cases has PDP lost at the supreme court level?
Buhari chases these people around and you think they'd pass on the opportunity to pay him back and be free.
Now ask yourself, why is Apc so scared of Atiku going to court? There have tried to blackmail him to accept defeat. There are echoes in the corridors of power that Supreme court would get one on Buhari and his cabal for all they've done to them. This is solely my thoughts and analysis from how events has unfolded for the last 4years.

If i was atiku i would take advantage of Buhari's fight with the Judges.
What if i tell you, atiku knew from the beginning he would not win on first ballot because of massive rigging plans of the apc?
He made feb 23rd evidence collection day by wiring all his agents with body cameras and drones in most places.
Some videos you see people thumb printing for Apc are just a few of the thousands of evidences they have.

Even Buhari knows he stands at the mercy of the same supreme court judges he has tormented.
I rest my case

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by bender79: 8:04am On Mar 02, 2019
Eden007:

There is always a first time.
If Atiku has huge evidence of voters supression like it is reported, the court will cancel the election call for a re-run and ask army to stay away this time.

Go online now, check the list of supreme court judges try do a little background check on them you'd see there are mostly affiliated to the PDP.
How many cases has PDP lost at the supreme court level?
Buhari chases these people around and you think they'd pass on the opportunity to pay him back and be free.
Now ask yourself, why is Apc so scared of Atiku going to court? There have tried to blackmail him to accept defeat. There are echoes in the corridors of power that Supreme court would get one on Buhari and his cabal for all they've done to them. This is solely my thoughts and analysis from how events has unfolded for the last 4years.

If i was atiku i would take advantage of Buhari's fight with the Judges.
What if i tell you, atiku knew from the beginning he would not win on first ballot because of massive rigging plans of the apc?
He made feb 23rd evidence collection day by wiring all his agents with body cameras and drones in most places.
Some videos you see people thumb printing for Apc are just a few of the thousands of evidences they have.

Even Buhari knows he stands at the mercy of the same supreme court judges he has tormented.
I rest my case
Government will also do background checks on them and expose them. My brother even falana has told Atiku it is a "difficult one". There is no way this election will be cancelled entirely or delivered to atiku

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Viergeachar: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2019
You may get victory. But Buhari will remain president.
That's the reality.

7 Likes

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by DeRoyalFranco(m): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2019
OK when ... Please tell us sir
Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by martineverest(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2019
tell him Onnoghen is no longer on seat o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by omooba969(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2019
Lol
Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by LuciferAdvocate(m): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2019
Even though I am a supporter of the PDP and Atiku. I don't think the current NJC being led by that Fulani man who carries a hunter bag will give any tangible verdict concerning this. That is the very reason Buhari removed Onoghien.

3 Likes

Re: Court Will Give Us Victory- Secondus by Flexherbal(m): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2019
We are following the development...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Swearing-in Of 43 Ministers By President Buhari / 2023: Southwest Speakers Meet In Ibadan For Tinubu / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Lagos Red Line Rail Project (Videos & Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.