Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,091 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) (2688 Views)

Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud / First City Monument Bank Announces The FCMB Agritech EPIC Pitch 2020, / Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:22am On Mar 02, 2019
This is coming now because I have had pent up anger against these clowns parading themselves as a first generation bank and I can't take the incompetence, inefficiency of operations and thievery of this bank no more and it's time to blow my top!

How it all started:
On the 28th of December 2018, I made a quickteller transaction to purchase power units from EEDC. The transaction failed but I got debited of the said amount 2,000 naira. I called them immediately but they told me I had to wait for 24 hours before I could officially make a complaint which I did. They told me to wait 10 working days for a reversal. On the 9th day they sent me a text message extending it to 25 working days.

After the days elapsed, I have called their contact center several times but they would always say "we apologize but we are still working on it". Still working on it after 60 freaking days? How difficult is it to get a reversal on a failed transaction? Has it become rocket science?

I let it slide and said OK the amount is small I won't blow my top over it; whenever they feel like, they should refund it.

Another cycle of thievery, incompetence and lies?

Fast forward to Friday the 22nd of February 2019, I made a 20,000 naira withdrawal at a UBA bank's ATM which failed. I got debited without pay. Yet again I waited after 24 hours after which I called their contact center to complain. The agent told me the transaction would be reversed within 5 working days. 5 working days which elapsed yesterday Friday the 1st of March 2019.

I have called them now and they are telling me the same shit they have been saying all these while "we apologize but we are still working on it". And again I ask how difficult is it to reverse a failed transaction?

A steady gale of arbitrary debits and charges
These same people who are finding it difficult to reverse failed transactions don't at all fail to find it difficult to collect excessive charges from my account in the name of maintenance fees.

These thieves debited me almost 2,000 naira ( I can't get the exact figure) as maintenance charge for January to February and I still have a pending debit of almost 10,000 naira which they have successfully put as lien on my account screenshot attached.

These charges are minus the transfer charges per transaction, minus the 50 naira CBN bank charges tax so I wonder what exactly I am being debited for. I have asked them why they charge me that high but they either feign charge portal being down or unresponsive or total ignorance as to what I am talking about.
I even sent their whatsapp agents messages which they just read and ignore. These are just few hurts I have had to endure from the useless arrogant bank. Because I don't want to write an epistle which this has already become

Conclusion
[b]I am going to fight this with everything I can (I already spent thousands calling these people with no results) and I am also going to close the useless account and conclude movement of all remaining funds to my Keystone and access bank accounts. I can't kill myself over one useless bank. I only kept the account this long because it's a current account and I use it for business but now, fvck it I'm done! I've had it!

But while I fight this to a logical conclusion, I want you all to know FCMB is a useless bank only good at declaring profits gotten from fleecing their customers through arbitrary illegal charges and unreversed failed transactions.

They are liars, unprofessional, lack emphaty and have a very poor bank/customer service. They have a very useless system which grinds slower than the Nigerian judiciary. A tedious bureaucracy every other bank but them have relegated to the backgrounds.

They signify everything wrong with the Nigerian system and hence I urge everyone to boycott the useless bank or risk loosing their funds and the constant headache and anger that comes with dealing with their customer service
[/b]
Cc: Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Seun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by shakmati(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2019
Try GTB. They are more efficient and customer friendly.
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2019
Unreplied whatsapp chats

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2019
Lalasticlala

Please help me take this to front page so everyone can see FCMB for whom they really are

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by kiddoiLL(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2019
Try to sort it out any way you can, it's your dilemma with them. Handle it whichever way you deem fit but don't tell us that we should boycott them... FCMB has been serving me perfectly for the past six years
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2019
Lobatan... everyone wanna make money illegally from Nigerians due to the poor economy.. I will advise you channel this complain to there twitter handle... they won't wanna be drag to the mud imagine this write up is displayed on there.. they would make it snappy... sorry for the ineptitude and nonchalant attitude of these banks...
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Try to sort it out any way you can, it's your dilemma with them. Handle it whichever way you deem fit but don't tell us that we should boycott them... FCMB has been serving me perfectly for the past six years

Wait until you have issues with them then say this.

I left the country one time with full assurance from these clowns my ATM could work outside the country. I got there and my card couldn't work. I had to use another of my bank card whereas FCMB had the bulk of my funds.

If they are working for you fine but I am telling intending people not to get there

1 Like

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2019
emmanuelpopson:
Lobatan... everyone wanna make money illegally from Nigerians due to the poor economy.. I will advise you channel this complain to there twitter handle... they won't wanna be drag to the mud imagine this write up is displayed on there.. they would make it snappy... sorry for the ineptitude and nonchalant attitude of these banks...

Thanks man
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by kiddoiLL(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2019
bishopkay:

Wait until you have issues with them then say this.

I left the country one time with full assurance from these clowns my ATM could work outside the country. I got there and my card couldn't work. I had to use another of my bank card whereas FCMB had the bulk of my funds.

If they are working for you fine but I am telling intending people not to get there
I understand your situation and plight that's why I said HANDLE IT ANYWAY YOU DEEM FIT, GET YOUR MONEY BACK but saying we should boycott them won't help in anyway get your money back will it?
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by SKhanmi: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2019
You forgot to brush out your name.

I doubt this particular issue is applicable to FCMB alone,Most smaller banks do it. One just has to find the one that eats your money within reasonable limits. They are all crooks.

By the way,Access bank is notorious with useless deductions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2019
kiddoiLL:
I understand your situation and plight that's why I said HANDLE IT ANYWAY YOU DEEM FIT, GET YOUR MONEY BACK but saying we should boycott them won't help in anyway get your money back will it?

I understand you thanks
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2019
SKhanmi:
You forgot to brush out your name.

I doubt this particular issue is applicable to FCMB alone,Most smaller banks do it. One just has to find the one that eats your money within reasonable limits. They are all crooks.

By the way,Access bank is notorious with useless deductions.

Lol I would brush it out now thanks. Have had issues with access before. But this fcmb own dey pain me
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by tolugar: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2019
I’ve never had a smooth transaction with FCMB. Most time here in Enugu there will be like 4 customers and you will end up spending close to 30mins or more. You will think they are attending to you but they are not. If you complain they will arrogantly tell you that it’s network issues

Worst still is that if you want to make a transfer you ll pay #1,500 cash for a poorly photocopied transfer slip
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by kepstone: 11:50am On Mar 02, 2019
this the same issues i am having right now this bank collected my cash tilk now ooooo. FCMB na fraud.
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by ewawumi(f): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
This people are thieves jare! No other explanation to it! I'm still battling with 500k debt now, thanks to them!
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by drmikeadams(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
grin grin there marketers meet me for site to open account...i give them 2k...las las dem open account 2k i no come see grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by peterian: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
I have a similar issue
Was debited 10 times while trying to subscribe for gotv on my fcmb mobile app last year Oct
I had 1900 in 9 places to be reversed
I called dstv customer care and reported
It was settled frm their end after 2weeks or so and money was paid back to fcmb
They admitted receiving the money cos I went to be bank to confirm
Ok...credit my account now
They do gree for another weeks or more
Then I was credited 8times
Went back to the bank and they are always apologizing n working on it
I got tired and frustrated
Maybe you shd report them to central bank
I did when zenith illegally debited 5k frm my account and my cash was reversed
Gtb is no where better o..I dnt have strength to type
Goodluck op
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by Hedonisst: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oti o. Wetin carry you go that kind bank in the first place?
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by milanseedorf(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
All the banks have issues with reversing failed transactions. Am battling with uba presently. It's not funny. They said I should give them till next week. By then I will drag them all over Twitter. Them go hear from me
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 07, 2019
Why do I have the feeling that you haven't been reimbursed by that bank?
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by JohnNgene: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
I'm so angry with FCMB right now.

Their ATM and USSD has been down since Friday 17th July 2020. I went to their branch here in Agbani today and they told me they don't have network. I'm so angry and frustrated as I type this.

Somebody sent me money on Friday but I haven't been able to even check my account balance since then. It's that bad.
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by Chitumu: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
JohnNgene:
I'm so angry with FCMB right now.

Their ATM and USSD has been down since Friday 17th July 2020. I went to their branch here in Agbani today and they told me they don't have network. I'm so angry and frustrated as I type this.

Somebody sent me money on Friday but I haven't been able to even check my account balance since then. It's that bad.
Hello bros i just experience what u experienced tis july. i coulnot find my 20k after failed transaction using ssd. pls how did u got ur problem solved
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by Faladetb(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Eheheh grin cheesy

drmikeadams:
grin grin there marketers meet me for site to open account...i give them 2k...las las dem open account 2k i no come see grin cheesy
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by bishopkay: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
macbede:
Why do I have the feeling that you haven't been reimbursed by that bank?

Lol my guy! Na so that money take go . They finally did another, they debited me of almost 30k just like that. Worse is those deductions don't even show in the account statement. Na yahoo pro max doz bastards dey do I.

I don dump them since sha. Kuda way now no time for rubbish.
Re: Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
BishopKay!!!!!!! grin

bishopkay:

Lol my guy! Na so that money take go . They finally did another, they debited me of almost 30k just like that. Worse is those deductions don't even show in the account statement. Na yahoo pro max doz bastards dey do I.

I don dump them since sha. Kuda way now no time for rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Contact For Your Bill Of Quantities And Material Schedule / I Was 28 When I Won N1.3 Billion Lottery, I Lavished It And Now / Two Nigerians In Forbes' ‘Ten Young African Millionaires To Watch' List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.