Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land (2420 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by phayvoursky(m): 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You have never been to Lagos
Lol. I am a Landlord in Lagos dear.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by AfonjaConehead: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Anambra will dash you governor in your hideout in ogbomoso brown roof
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAA
Lolssssssssss

Goke7 yaff die
grin grin. grin
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Quorax: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Is this your Edo indigenous village?
bros, the Yorubas are not the owner of Lagos. I am partly Edo partly Igbo.

It is well known that the Yorubas are not the real owners. Stop claiming what is not yours.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Emmabraham: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2019
Op correct ur topic
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Iamgrey5(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Quorax:
bros, the Yorubas are not the owner of Lagos. I am partly Edo partly Igbo.

It is well known that the Yorubas are not the real owners. Stop claiming what is not yours.
Which area of Lagos has indigenous Edo population.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Iamgrey5(m): 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
phayvoursky:

Lol. I am a Landlord in Lagos dear.
I am land Lord in New York too grin

So who sold land to you ? and where's your property located in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by sarrki(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:
Asaba was once a capital of Nigeria, but no one calls it a no man's land. Calabar was once a capital if Nigeria but no one calls it a no man's land. Same with Lokoja and Zungeru.

Therefore, Lagos is not no man's land. It is Yoruba Land.

My advice to Yorubas is to ignore anyone that calls Lagos no man's land. It can only become no man's land if Lagos ceases to have an Oba. And we know that can never happen.

My brother you always says the truth
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Quorax: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Which area of Lagos has indigenous Edo population.
oga, even your elders know the Yorubas are more the owners of Lagos. Stop this nonsense and let people be. You can claim Osun, Ogun, Ekiti not Lagos. Go and collect your Kwara from the Fulanis.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by SouthEastFacts: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:
Asaba was once a capital of Nigeria, but no one calls it a no man's land. Calabar was once a capital if Nigeria but no one calls it a no man's land. Same with Lokoja and Zungeru.

My advice to Yorubas is to ignore anyone that calls Lagos no man's land. It can only become no man's land if Lagos ceases to have an Oba. And we know that can never happen.
Yorubas have their own Oba and we have our Eze Ndi Igbo na Lagos, Hausas have their own Sarki, so I don't know what you are saying.

There is difference between Lagos and Lagos State. Lagos is a bini land by right of conquest, until Binis claim it formally, it is a no mans land.

When Ndi Igbo start claiming Ikorodu or Ile Ife, then do whatever you want but Lagos, we no go allow una steal am.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
sarrki:

My brother you always says the truth

Thank you, my brother.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Yorubas have their own Oba and we have our Eze Ndi Igbo na Lagos, Hausas have their own Sarki, so I don't know what you are saying.

There is difference between Lagos and Lagos State. Lagos is a bini land by right of conquest, until Binis claim it formally, it is a no mans land.

When Ndi Igbo start claiming Ikorodu or Ile Ife, then do whatever you want but Lagos, we no go allow una steal am.

There is an Oba Yoruba in Imo State. Does this make Imo State Yoruba Land?

No, but a Yoruba can be governor of Imo if he resides there long enough.

Even Ife was Igbo up till 1000 years ago when Oduduwa displaced the Obatalas. Does that mean that we Igbos can claim Ife today? No!

The Obaship of Lagos is the sign that Lagos is not a no-man's-land. It is not.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by SouthEastFacts: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:

There is an Oba Yoruba in Imo State. Does this make Imo State Yoruba Land?

No, but a Yoruba can be governor of Imo if he resides there long enough.

Even Ife was Igbo up till 1000 years ago when Oduduwa displaced the Obatalas. Does that mean that we Igbos can claim Ife today? No!

The Obaship of Lagos is the sign that Lagos is not a no-man's-land. It is not.

Do any Eze in Igboland feel unsecured about that?

No, but almost every King in yoruba suffers panic attack when they hear of Eze Ndi Igbo.

Oba is hereditary so you don't expect Ndi Igbo to start laying claim to that throne. Lagos is Bini land by right of conquest

The defeat of Oba Kosoko by British forces on December 28, 1851, in what is now known as the Bombardment of Lagos or Reduction of Lagos, or locally as Ogun Ahoyaya or Ogun Agidingbi (after boiling cannons), put an end to Lagos' s former allegiance to the Oba of Benin.

Kosoko was therefore the last Oba of Lagos to remit annual tributes from the people of Lagos to the Oba of Benin.

Oba Akitoye, who was re-installed to the throne by the British, "seized the opportunity of his restoration under British protection to repudiate his former allegiance" to Benin and rebuffed subsequent tribute requests from the Oba of Benin.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Do any Eze in Igboland feel unsecured about that?

No, but almost every King in yoruba suffers panic attack when they hear of Eze Ndi Igbo.

Oba is hereditary so you don't expect Ndi Igbo to start laying claim to that throne. Lagos is Bini land by right of conquest

Are the Binis complaining? Should we now fry beans? Abi make we boil biscuit? Abi we should roast ice cream?

Do you know that the British Royal family is of German origin? Their original surname is not Windsor. It is Saxe Coburg Gotha. Yes, for your information, Prince Charles is German. But today, he is the next king of Britain.

Nwanne, go and give us some cogent South East developmental Facts and leave petty arguments alone. You are more than that.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by SouthEastFacts: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:

Are the Binis complaining? Should we now fry beans? Abi make we boil biscuit? Abi we should roast ice cream?

Do you know that the British Royal family is of German origin? Their original surname is not Windsor. It is Saxe Coburg Gotha. Yes, for your information, Prince Charles is German. But today, he is the next king of Britain.

Nwanne, go and give us some cogent South East developmental Facts and leave petty arguments alone. You are more than that.
Don't patronize me boss.

Yorubas are not the original owners of Lagos
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Don't patronize me boss.

Should we start boiling bread? You point izzz?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Jman06(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
True!

Let my Igbo brothers stop that attitude of calling Lagos a no man's land! Lagos is a Yoruba land!

I also want to use this medium to advise my Igbo brothers to learn to reciprocate the goodwill they enjoy in Yorubaland.

Until that time when civilization has completely eroded indigeneship from all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, we should stop telling people that their lands are no man's lands. Why do you tell that to Yoruba people when you dare not say same to an Hausa man in Kano or even gbagi people in Abuja. That nonsense needs to stop!

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Kagawa10: 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
Asaba, lokoja, calabar etc were not built with oil money. If lagos is for yorubas oil should be ceded to states

Oil money kill you there. Lagos seaport was built before the Amalgamation of Nigeria. Lagos was an economic hub before the Amalgamation of Nigeria. Besides, Ondo has more oil than the total of the oil in the SE.

Ibo has no oil

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Kagawa10: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Don't patronize me boss.

Nope, na your mama be the original owner. Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Capensis:
How is it Yorubaland when Yoruba did not create it.

No land belongs to any tribe. Any human that was born by Earthbound parent can live in any part of the world but should obey the basic laws of the State or Country.

No tribe is recognized in the Constitutions in any country of Earth. That was done on purpose, cos tribe is simply groupings of the coding languages of the Universe, Yoruba being one the several programming languages, other languages are Ibibio Igbo, hausa, Hebrew, English etc.
You're correct
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
Earthbound:

You're correct

Then I rest easy knowing that one more person understands the underpinnings of the Universe and will therefore never be tribal again.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by T9ksy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
Capensis:
How is it Yorubaland when Yoruba did not create it.

No land belongs to any tribe. Any human that was born by Earthbound parent can live in any part of the world but should obey the basic laws of the State or Country.

No tribe is recognized in the Constitutions in any country of Earth. That was done on purpose, cos tribe is simply groupings of the coding languages of the Universe, Yoruba being one the several programming languages, other languages are Ibibio Igbo, hausa, Hebrew, English etc.

Abi o jare!!!

but unfortunately for you yeasterners from the land of the "never rising sun", you have to abide by the laws and custom of the yorubas for your

continue existence in lagos else we will deport your sorry lil arses back to under awka bridge and there's sweat Fucck All

you lot can do about it except wail and foam in the mouth like rabid animals.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Viergeachar: 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Keep deceiving yourself. Even Oba disagreed with you.

Pigiyeasternr!

The Oba has since disowned the publication.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 04, 2019
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!!

but unfortunately for you yeasterners from the land of the "never rising sun", you have to abide by the laws and custom of the yorubas for your

continue existence in lagos else we will deport your sorry lil arses back to under awka bridge and there's sweat Fucck All

Please be civil. No need to resort to diatribes. Just make your points, Oga.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by T9ksy(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:

Please be civil. No need to resort to diatribes. Just make your points, Oga.

Did i hit a chord? Good. when your brothers call us "Afonja slaves", " sophisticated morons" and the rest, do you caution them? Hell no, rather you give them high fives. Bloody hypocrite!!!

If my comment pains you that much, you can hug the nearest transformer for all i care.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by freeze001(f): 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:

Do you see Nigeria as a melting pot or as a salad bowl?

Big salad bowl with little or no cream/mayonnaise to aid blending or bind the veggies together....
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by freeze001(f): 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Anambra will dash you governor in your hideout in ogbomoso brown roof

I don't understand why they reason the way they do. Is there anywhere they just go and pick/call one person to come and be governor? Will the indigenes not know them before voting them? Do they not know that they have to have visible, numerical and meaningful presence before participating in the politics of any state? They are the first to tell you that politics is a game of numbers; that Igbos are too few so their votes are inconsequential yet those numbers can conveniently elect representatives at state and federal legislature. They should relocate like Igbos do, start businesses or establish companies, keep building and getting involved. An idiot will read this and rather see the clear truth begin to claim that Igbos are running so why should they come yet they will ask how many Yoruba people are in elective positions in the East. How na?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by freeze001(f): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!!

Is one of the laws and customs of yorubas to dictate whom all visitors should vote for? In other words, they have no right to support any candidate except the one Tinubu anoints? That is the crux and Genesis of these infantile debates so far so is that what you mean by Yoruba laws and customs? If no, what are those laws and customs that visitors especially Igbos have not obeyed?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by T9ksy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
freeze001:

Is one of the laws and customs of yorubas to dictate whom all visitors should vote for? In other words, they have no right to support any candidate except the one Tinubu anoints? That is the crux and Genesis of these infantile debates so far so is that what you mean by Yoruba laws and customs? If no, what are those laws and customs that visitors especially Igbos have not obeyed?

Am glad you stated that ibo are visitors (despite the One Nigeria BS) in lagos so why then is it hard for you to behave and not try to meddle into our political terrain?

Of course, you are free to vote for whom you want however stop insinuating that you intend to go against what your guests want in their land. Am not a fan of tinubu but at the same time he is not your concern- afterall you didn't come to lagos because of tinubu. Just do your business and make your living and leave the local politics to the indigenes. Is that too hard for you guys to adhere by?

I don't you see folks attempting to go against the locals wishes in any of the northern states where you congregate in similar numbers (like Lagos) to do your business. So why try it in lagos?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Jlow2: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:

even ur oba of lagos is a descendant of prince ado a Benin prince and the first oba of lagos

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by freeze001(f): 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
T9ksy:

Am glad you stated that ibo are visitors (despite the One Nigeria BS) in lagos so why then is it hard for you to behave and not try to meddle into our political terrain?

Of course, you are free to vote for whom you want however stop insinuating that you intend to go against what your guests want in their land. Am not a fan of tinubu but at the same time he is not your concern- afterall you didn't come to lagos because of tinubu. Just do your business and make your living and leave the local politics to the indigenes. Is that too hard for you guys to adhere by?

I don't you see folks attempting to go against the locals wishes in any of the northern states where you congregate in similar numbers (like Lagos) to do your business. So why try it in lagos?

The term 'visitor' was just to make you happy and I see you are, I'm nice like that and don't mention, you're welcome.

Now, what do you mean by meddling in your political terrain? Do you mean the PDP has no support from Yorubas in Lagos? Do you also mean that APC has no support among Igbos in Lagos? There is a mix across all divides so why do you think anyone is meddling? Is it because Tinubu is APC or what? If there is freedom of association and the right to vote and y'all claim that the votes of the Igbo are insignificant, why then are you accusing them of meddling when the cannot make any impact? Is it not always said that the minority will have their say while the majority will have their way? So why should any group of louts and APC boys burn and destroy the votes of the minority who have a right to their say? Is that not you trying to dictate whom they should vote for? So how do you and identify and isolate those yorubas and persons from other tribes who also support or will vote for PDP? Why is it so convenient to target one tribe as being meddlesome? Are the candidates not Yorubas? Is anyone an Igbo man trying to occupy Alausa?

I wish I could get honest answers to these questions so I see where the meddling allegation is coming from.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
T9ksy:

Did i hit a chord? Good. when your brothers call us "Afonja slaves", " sophisticated morons" and the rest, do you caution them? Hell no, rather you give them high fives. Bloody hypocrite!!!

If my comment pains you that much, you can hug the nearest transformer for all i care.
Look at the original post of this thread and then come back to apologize.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Ttipsy(f): 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2019
phayvoursky:
Lagos isn't Yoruba land. Lagos is owned by the Binis, Aworis and Eguns. Just like the Igbos; the Yorubas are also tenants.

But as a metropolitan city; no one can claim full ownership of Lagos because it has been collectively built by every tribe resident in the city.
thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of This Picture / Atiku Is Coming: Tanimu Kazeem Raises Hope Of Members Ahead Of Tribunal Judgemen / I'm Afraid Our Borders Is Not Safe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.