Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land (2412 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
Asaba was once a capital of Nigeria, but no one calls it a no man's land. Calabar was once a capital if Nigeria but no one calls it a no man's land. Same with Lokoja and Zungeru.

Therefore, Lagos is not no man's land. It is Yoruba Land.

My advice to Yorubas is to ignore anyone that calls Lagos no man's land. It can only become no man's land if Lagos ceases to have an Oba. And we know that can never happen.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Lalasticlala send this to front page to create awarenesses.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by ceejayMAX(m): 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
WEDA NAH NO MANS LAND OR YORUBA LAND E NOR CHANGE ANYTIN
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by LuciferAdvocate(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hmmm
So Asaba was once the capital of Nigeria??
But This info isn't on Wikipedia though. where did u get this information from sir??
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Asshurbanipal: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
Asaba, lokoja, calabar etc were not built with oil money. If lagos is for yorubas oil should be ceded to states

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by kalufelix(m): 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
I see say this OP like quarrel pass money...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Blue3k(m): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Lol I was just going to tag you then you appear. The no mans land argument is just lame. I doubt anyone cares in real life about it. Its just bait for online flame wars.

It can only become no man's land if Lagos ceases to have an Oba. And we know that can never happen.

The whole conversation is a philosophical one but nobody cares so why bother. When does a place lose its identity as x? Are states people, ideology and culture?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Rico96(m): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Lagos is not yoruba land but Nigeria.... Tribal bigot
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
How is it Yorubaland when Yoruba did not create it.

No land belongs to any tribe. Any human that was born by Earthbound parent can live in any part of the world but should obey the basic laws of the State or Country.

No tribe is recognized in the Constitutions in any country of Earth. That was done on purpose, cos tribe is simply groupings of the coding languages of the Universe, Yoruba being one the several programming languages, other languages are Ibibio Igbo, hausa, Hebrew, English etc.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by viccipedia: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
No metropolitan city can be claimed...
Red indians are the owners of America...

This is just a history class... nothing more...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
Hmmm
But This info isn't on Wikipedia though. where did u get this information from sir??
Google am na.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by oilPUSSY(f): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself. Even Oba disagreed with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
Hmmm
Only a Wikipedian who knows that fact can put it up there.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
Blue3k:
Lol I was just going to tag you then you appear. The no mans land argument is just lame. I doubt anyone cares in real life about it. Its just bait for online flame wars.

The whole conversation is a philosophical one but nobody cares so why bother. When does a place lose its identity as x? Are states people, ideology and culture?
Long time, Brother.

To me, it is indigenous culture that determines.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
If Lagos has an Igbo/Hausa/Ijaw governor tomorrow, it doesn't mean it is no longer Yoruba Land.

As long as Eleko remains a Yoruba monarch. Culture is the determinant.

Now, this doesn't stop any citizen of Nigeria from living there, because the constitution had empowered them as citizens.

But you cannot call the place a no man's land. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Goke7: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
igbodefender:
If Lagos has an Igbo/Hausa/Ijaw governor tomorrow, it doesn't mean it is no longer Yoruba Land.

Now, this doesn't stop any citizen of Nigeria from living there, because the constitution had empowered them as citizens.

no stress yourself, it will never happen. Yoruba man will have to be Governor of Anambra first before that will happen

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
Blue3k:

Another nickname Yoruba's have among Ndigbo is 'Ndi Obodo a', meaning, 'the people of this land'.

So, Lagos is a Yoruba part of Nigeria. This does not reduce any Nigerian's right to live in Lagos or to vote or contest elections there.

The office of Oba of Lagos plus the indigenes is the key determinant to the question.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
Goke7:

no stress yourself, it will never happen. Yoruba man will have to be Governor of Anambra first before that will happen
It is also possible for a Yoruba to become Governor of Anambra if voted into office by residents of Anambra.

A Fulani man, Alhaji Altine, was once mayor of Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Blue3k(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
igbodefender:

Another nickname Yoruba's have among Ndigbo is 'Ndi Obodo a', meaning, 'the people of this land'.

So, Lagos is a Yoruba part of Nigeria. This does not reduce any Nigerian's right to live in Lagos or to vote or contest elections there.

The office of Oba of Lagos plus the indigenes is the key determinant to the question.

I agree for the most part since I believe in civic nationalism. People should be Nigerian as the unifying factor and we can aknowlege our differences. I do believe shared history and cultural attitudes make a place. These ideologies stick and influence the culture and politics.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Asshurbanipal: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
Goke7:

Anambra will dash you governor in your hideout in ogbomoso brown roof

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2019
Blue3k:

I agree for the most part since I believe in civic nationalism. People should be Nigerian as the unifying factor and we can aknowlege our differences. I do believe shared history and cultural attitudes make a place. These ideologies stick and influence the culture and politics.

Do you see Nigeria as a melting pot or as a salad bowl?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Blue3k(m): 6:12am On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:

Do you see Nigeria as a melting pot or as a salad bowl?

Im not sure. I'll go with salad bowl because I feel people are more sectional and because the state care deeply about indigenous origin.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Quorax: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2019
All these thieves claiming land that is not theirs. The real owners are the Binis, the Okuns, the people. Of Badagry..The rest of you should take your hands off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by PFRB: 7:49am On Mar 03, 2019
LAGOS IS Bini Land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Iamgrey5(m): 7:55am On Mar 03, 2019
Quorax:
All these thrives claiming land that is not theirs. The real owners are the Binis, the Okuns, the people. Of Badagry..The rest of you should take your hands off.
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by phayvoursky(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2019
Lagos isn't Yoruba land. Lagos is owned by the Binis, Aworis and Eguns. Just like the Igbos; the Yorubas are also tenants.

But as a metropolitan city; no one can claim full ownership of Lagos because it has been collectively built by every tribe resident in the city.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Quorax: 8:13am On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=Iamgrey5 post=76301046][/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Quorax: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2019
igbodefender:

Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Goke7: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Anambra will dash you governor in your hideout in ogbomoso brown roof

See yourself nah, grin
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Iamgrey5(m): 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=Quorax post=76301477][/quote] Is this your Edo indigenous village?
Re: Lagos In NOT No Man's Land, It Is Yoruba Land by Iamgrey5(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2019
phayvoursky:
Lagos isn't Yoruba land. Lagos is owned by the Binis, Aworis and Eguns. Just like the Igbos; the Yorubas are also tenants.

But as a metropolitan city; no one can claim full ownership of Lagos because it has been collectively built by every tribe resident in the city.
You have never been to Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why Yoruba People Abandoned Sowore To His Own Fate / BREAKING: Peter Hena, Auta And Other FIRS Senior Officials Arrested By EFCC / Why I Am Scared Of Exposing Some Secrets – Babangida Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.