Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Are Believers Righteous? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Believers Righteous? (4950 Views)

Why Are Believers So Scared Of Any Historical Information Outside The Bible? / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

You didn't answer my question. Anyone who decides to.remain in sin retains the righteousness of God anyways?

Or, are you saying if someone receives Christ he becomes a prisoner and loses is free will to continue the walk or discontinue?

Sin is nature, so also righteousness. In Christ we have put on that righteous nature, hence our decisions will be greatly influenced by who we are now in Christ. To answer your question I see no one in Christ who will decide to continue in sin, if he does then that only means one thing that he is not yet in Christ.

We are slaves of righteousness in Christ.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

Sin is nature, so also righteousness. In Christ we have put on that righteous nature, hence our decisions will be greatly influenced by who we are now in Christ. To answer your question I see no one in Christ who will decide to continue in sin, if he does then that only means one thing that he is not yet in Christ.

We are slaves of righteousness in Christ.
Then how come Jesus says Judgement will begin in the Church?

When he said get behind me I know you not, do you believe he was talking to the atheists and Satanists?

Will atheists, Muslims and Satanists say to Him Lord Lors, we did this and that in your name?

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

This Isaiah you quoted here is misplaced. This is before we met Christ.

If he gives you his righteousness and you take it and go back to your normal sinful ways, retain it abi? You mean if you turn your face away from the gift of righteousness, you can still keep it?
the Isaiah I quoted is never misplaced. Before we meant christ we have self righteousness which is by works after we meant christ we learn our righteousness is filthy and we have a new righteousness which is through faith in christ, it is not dependent on our works.

Turning from the gift of righteousness only means rejecting the free gift of eternal by Jesus Christ.

Yes Christian's live righteous life but it is simply as a result of their regenerated nature.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
solite3:
the Isaiah I quoted is never misplaced. Before we meant christ we have self righteousness which is by works after we meant christ we learn our righteousness is filthy and we have a new righteousness which is through faith in christ, it is not dependent on our works.

Turning from the gift of righteousness only means rejecting the free gift of eternal by Jesus Christ.

Yes Christian's live righteous life but it is simply as a result of their regenerated nature.

What do mean works?
Are you an advocate of 'Justification by Faith Alone?'
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
solite3:
this is a contradiction you said " I am not a sinner" but again you claim you stopped sinning and yet again you claim you sin once in a while. how about ' I no longer smoke but
I smoke once in a while'
This is so spot on! You this solite3! Do you have camera into my mind?

If you are an alcoholic and you repent and go to Alcoholics Anonymous to help you stop when you introduce yourself you will say "I am solite3. I am an alcoholic". Even after 30 years no drink, you will say "I am solite3. I am an alcoholic". But everybody who knows you will never call you an alcoholic because they operate by Grace, as in, they are gracious towards others. God's Grace though doesn't even condemn your wretched soul when you were being flat faced drunk in the gutter when no one wanted to know you! The Merciful God just graciously saves you despite your sorry drunken ass, and you know that it is not by your power despite how hard you are trying not to go and have a drink that you don't have a drink but for the Cherubims with a whirling sword of flame that the Merciful Lord God placed there gracefully to the east side warning the next drink away least it pick it up and drink you and make an alcoholic again, by God's Grace.

solite3:
you mention the grace of God. Do you know what grace mean in the gospel?
It is written, "by their fruit we shall know them". But I warn you. You have to look really hard to see it! Really really hard.

solite3:

Jesus wash away your sins? when budaa claim he is righteous?
Please do not bear false witness. buda is not righteous and never claimed so, or did you not see where claimed even righteousness is sin! It's such a basic sin that even before Jesus washing starts one should have done a little bit of work to wipe off oneself! Or do you not see here the result of being lazy and not working really really hard?

buda, like life, like buda's Lord God Almighty, is full of contradiction, solite3.

I'm going to be leaving you in the hands of other's now. Thanks for your time and hard work. I know you would have had to do some, so keep it up.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

Then how come Jesus says Judgement will begin in the Church?

When he said get behind me I know you not, do you believe he was talking to the atheists and Satanists?

Will atheists, Muslims and Satanists say to Him Lord Lors, we did this and that in your name?

The key to understanding a text is reading it in context. Jesus said, "in that day." What day is Jesus talking about? Secondly, Jesus said to them "I know you not, or I never knew you." He didn't say, "I used to know you, but now I don't know you anymore."

Jesus NEVER knew this people before. They are unbelievers who had no relationship with the Lord prior this day.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

But, I still have sexual urges, even when I have been saved for more than 10yrs. I still fight lust. Anger and arrogance still plague me.

Even as a Christian I had to masturbate sometime long after I had been born again. Tho, I have victory over it now, but it was not automatic as you said.

Don't tell me the desire to lie, cheat, malice, hold a grudge just dissipated immediately you became born again. That is a big lie and misleading to those who just got saved.

It's a big fight with the flesh to put it down. a daily battle. No battle is as hard as the battle against flesh. Many fall back and don't get up as a result.

Pls don't lie here and say you got born again and you stopped Sining at once.

This battle goes on till you die.
sexual desire is not a sin. I didnt say he stop sinning at once but he is reborn at once. Unlearning what one has learnt for years does not take a day.
I had a friend who was struggling with sexual sin as a young believer then the day he open the scripture and learnt of his true nature that was the day he became free.

Yes when one is born again he is as a new born baby who needs to grow every believer is still growing but our spiritual level is different that is why Paul advices believers to mind some things they do so as not to wound young believers.

Christian growth is all is needed. The more a believer grow into the image of christ the more he unlearn the things he had learned his old nature. Through out his life on earth he continue to grow into the image of christ until he finally meet with Jesus.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

What do mean works?
Are you an advocate of 'Justification by Faith Alone?'
absolutely
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

I don't believe you a new born baby in Christ. I have long silently followed you, and I followed your discussions with Mudleylaf, (am not sure I got that right). Your grasp of the Word is not like someone who recently got exposed to the things of Christ.
I read the Bible at age 9 and finished it by my 12th birthday, so no, I'm not a baby in Christ nor my grasp of the Word recent. The God bit is somewhat different though, though be very careful with buda please I warn you. As an atheist my mantra was "God does not exist except in the mind of those in whom it is created". Now it's "God exists in buda's mind" where I guess I'm creating it, as I've done since 9. But buda is contradictory so watch, nay, scrutinise the fruit, the objective evidence, it's spirit, and don't trust or believe! Like solite3 pointed out about me smoking and alcoholism buda is sin and contradiction.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

Growing spiritually requires knowledge. The more you come to terms with who you are now in Christ, the more mature you will be.
No! But first, I must make confession. The one single change that has occurred to me is that I have gone back to reading the Bible again. I've only done the first five and all the Gospels though, so, baby.

No, blood! You can not come to terms with who you are now! I mean, imagine one were wretched, does one come to terms with it after receiving the wonderful amazing power the blood of Jesus Christ the Messiah that saves? No. You put on new clothes!

Now, imagine one were righteous, does one just come to terms with it? How? By saying "I am righteous"? No! To start with, if I was righteous, that righteousness itself should stop me from sinning thinking such a silly stupid arrogant ignorant thought. By the Grace of God must I rule over it! Humans aren't stupid is the reason you will find it difficult to find many human beings who claim they are righteous human beings.

It's true though, as you said, "Growing spiritually requires knowledge". That knowledge is acquired through hard work, and the harder you work to store up your wealth where the moths won't get at it, the more wealth you gonna end up having.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
budaatum:

I read the Bible at age 9 and finished it by my 12th birthday, so no, I'm not a baby in Christ nor my grasp of the Word recent. The God bit is somewhat different though, though be very careful with buda please I warn you. As an atheist my mantra was "God does not exist except in the mind of those in whom it is created". Now it's "God exists in buda's mind" where I guess I'm creating it, as I've done since 9. But buda is contradictory so watch, nay, scrutinise the fruit, the objective evidence, it's spirit, and don't trust or believe! Like solite3 pointed out about me smoking and alcoholism buda is sin and contradiction.
Okay, Fine. I won't expect anything from Buda. But, is buda male or female

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
solite3:
absolutely
I see A Calvinist.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
solite3:
sexual desire is not a sin. I didnt say he stop sinning at once but he is reborn at once. Unlearning what one has learnt for years does not take a day.
I had a friend who was struggling with sexual sin as a young believer then the day he open the scripture and learnt of his true nature that was the day he became free.

Yes when one is born again he is as a new born baby who needs to grow every believer is still growing but our spiritual level is different that is why Paul advices believers to mind some things they do so as not to wound young believers.

Christian growth is all is needed. The more a believer grow into the image of christ the more he unlearn the things he had learned his old nature. Through out his life on earth he continue to grow into the image of christ until he finally meet with Jesus.
With this I agree.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
budaatum:

No! But first, I must make confession. The one single change that has occurred to me is that I have gone back to reading the Bible again. I've only done the first five and all the Gospels though, so, baby.

No, blood! You can not come to terms with who you are now! I mean, imagine one were wretched, does one come to terms with it after receiving the wonderful amazing power the blood of Jesus Christ the Messiah that saves? No. You put on new clothes!

Now, imagine one were righteous, does one just come to terms with it? How? By saying "I am righteous"? No! To start with, if I was righteous, that righteousness itself should stop me from sinning thinking such a silly stupid arrogant ignorant thought. By the Grace of God must I rule over it! Humans aren't stupid is the reason you will find it difficult to find many human beings who claim they are righteous human beings.

It's true though, as you said, "Growing spiritually requires knowledge". That knowledge is acquired through hard work, and the harder you work to store up your wealth where the moths won't get at it, the more wealth you gonna end up having.
Ah but we have one here who claims he is righteous. Jnr is a Righteous Christian, the only Righteous Christian.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
Shepherd00:

Okay, Fine. I won't expect anything from Buda. But, is buda male or female
That's expecting a lot Lol! We have a jujusugar nonanswer to this don't we people?

"So god created buda in god's own image, in the image of god god created buda; both male and female god created buda."
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

This is so spot on! You this solite3! Do you have camera into my mind?

If you are an alcoholic and you repent and go to Alcoholics Anonymous to help you stop when you introduce yourself you will say "I am solite3. I am an alcoholic". Even after 30 years no drink, you will say "I am solite3. I am an alcoholic". But everybody who knows you will never call you an alcoholic because they operate by Grace, as in, they are gracious towards others. God's Grace though doesn't even condemn your wretched soul when you were being flat faced drunk in the gutter when no one wanted to know you!
sin is not what any Human can handle. It takes the power of the resurrect saviour Jesus to set a man free from it but first of all you have to receive him as your saviour.
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus did not come to condemn sinners but to save them. ie to give them eternal life

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The Merciful God just graciously saves you despite your sorry drunken ass, and you know that it is not by your power despite how hard you are trying not to go and have a drink that you don't have a drink but for the Cherubims with a whirling sword of flame that the Merciful Lord God placed there gracefully to the east side warning the next drink away least it pick it up and drink you and make an alcoholic again, by God's Grace.
God knows that humans are sinners by nature, it does not matter how much they try to change theirselves they still remain sinners. Paul wrote about the condition of sinners trying to change themselves

Romans 7:14-24 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this body of this death?

It is written, "by their fruit we shall know them". But I warn you. You have to look really hard to see it! Really really hard.
The grace of God especially when it has to do with the gospel means the unmerited favour of God. We all naturally are deserving of death (eternal separation from God) but he spontaneously on his own looked for us and gave us his life.

Please do not bear false witness. buda is not righteous and never claimed so, or did you not see where claimed even righteousness is sin! It's such a basic sin that even before Jesus washing starts one should have done a little bit of work to wipe off oneself! Or do you not see here the result of being lazy and not working really really hard?
i already made it clear in my other posts no one is righteous by works. Our human works are filth before God. Without righteousness means you are gulity.
A little bit of work? guilty. Jesus has done it all, he said it is finished just for you to receive it.
You don't expect a baby to try to wash his clothes a bit before you help him do you ?Now because man is a sinner the more he try to work himself out of his predicament the more he becomes more filthy. In other words to those that works, it becomes endless debt they incur which they must pay because if you try to work a bit they it is a necessity for you to finish it up but for those that do not work but believe on Jesus they receive it free. It is either you pay it to the last or accept God's it freely from God.

Romans 4:4-8 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

buda, like life, like buda's Lord God Almighty, is full of contradiction, solite3.

I'm going to be leaving you in the hands of other's now. Thanks for your time and hard work. I know you would have had to do some, so keep it up.

you are having it difficult because you refuse to submit to God. Like I told you this is not head knowledge but experience.

The Good news is that God has prepared a way ( the only way) to save you and that is by trusting in the finished work of Jesus.

Grace does not improve works but rather it cancels it neither does work improve grace but it cancels it.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

it is not about reading the bible but believing its word.

Do you believe Jesus words when he said he that believes in me will not perish but have everlasting life? A child like faith in christ is all you need.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Shepherd00:

I see
A Calvinist.
who is calvinist? I simply follow the bible. It is boldly written that salvation
Is by faith alone anyother teaching is heresy and not of christ. Visit OLAADEGBU thread on Christian doctrine and you will see the important Christian faith. Salvation by faith alone is the number one.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 12:32am On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:

Romans 4:4-8 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
I'm going to post the entire chapter. My additions are in brackets. The bolds imply work.

Romans 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
(Not by himself nor by any other human being but by God alone was he counted righteous).

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
(Now, follow Paul carefully as he explains.)

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Fathering, is work.

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
(You must still work hard to uphold it and to ensure it is upheld!)

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

That last verse is to point out how much work is done on your behalf so you will understand that you must work to lift up you cross since you can't possibly be following Christ anywhere without a cross on your back unless you have entered into Heaven already.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 12:58am On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:

Do you believe Jesus words when he said he that believes in me will not perish but have everlasting life? A child like faith in christ is all you need.
Why should I be lazy and believe that I shall not perish when I can open my eyes and see for myself and know that I will not perish? Should one believe one is saved and still call out to the Lord to save one? I did not perish when I did not believe in Jesus but by his Grace did I not whether I believed or not, and even now I don't believe I will not perish since the evidence is in front of me and I can see it and know! Or you think I did not work on my eyes so I can see by God's Grace, of course?

I myself will work really hard, not so to justify my self or be righteous, but because the Lord God did bless buda with one talent saying, "buda, be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground". If buda does not work hard to double the talent the Lord gave buda by the time the Lord returns you know what the Lord will do to buda, solite3, don't you?

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

I'm going to post the entire chapter. My additions are in brackets. The bolds imply work.

Romans 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
(Not by himself nor by any other human being but by God alone was he counted righteous).

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
(Now, follow Paul carefully as he explains.)

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Fathering, is work.

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
(You must still work hard to uphold it and to ensure it is upheld!)

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

That last verse is to point out how much work is done on your behalf so you will understand that you must work to lift up you cross since you can't possibly be following Christ anywhere without a cross on your back unless you have entered into Heaven already.

christ was delivered for our offences, meaning he paid the full price of our sin.
This is a rebuttal to your claim that one needs to work hard to get forgiven sins. God made promise to Abraham and Abraham believed God. Those who take God at his word are the ones that are justified.
I'd you don't take Jesus at his word you cant be justified.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

Why should I be lazy and believe that I shall not perish when I can open my eyes and see for myself and know that I will not perish? Should one believe one is saved and still call out to the Lord to save one?I[b] did not perish when I did not believe in Jesus but by his Grace did I not whether I believed or not,[/b] and even now I don't believe I will not perish since the evidence is in front of me and I can see it and know! Or you think I did not work on my eyes so I can see by God's Grace, of course?

I myself will work really hard, not so to justify my self or be righteous, but because the Lord God did bless buda with one talent saying, "buda, be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground". If buda does not work hard to double the talent the Lord gave buda by the time the Lord returns you know what the Lord will do to buda, solite3, don't you?
if you don't believe on Jesus, you will perish.
It means you have rejected God's gift.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Do you even know what doing the work of God mean?
John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:

who is calvinist? I simply follow the bible. It is boldly written that salvation
Is by faith alone anyother teaching is heresy and not of christ. Visit OLAADEGBU thread on Christian doctrine and you will see the important Christian faith. Salvation by faith alone is the number one.

I believe this is the thread you are referring to. --> https://www.nairaland.com/2963866/christian-doctrine-grid
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
Dp
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:

I'm a worker solite3. I don't do believe! I go up to Christ and say, "Christ, is it true that I will not perish?" Then I look at the evidence everyday to see if I perished or if the Word of the Lord is true. Now, after many days and many weeks and many months and many years of not perishing, I do not believe that I will not perish because I know I will not perish. By God's Grace, of course. I think this is because I am not a child anymore, solite3. I used to be a child who childishly 'believed', though it came across as 'disbelief', but was really ignorance. But then, I grew up and left my childish ways and became a full grown mature adult with mature adult faith and understanding who has no need to believe because I now know. Or does one just believe what one knows?

God will make us all grow more. Amen.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:
Do you keep the Ten Commandments?

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

That's expecting a lot Lol! We have a jujusugar nonanswer to this don't we people?

"So god created buda in god's own image, in the image of god god created buda; both male and female god created buda."
you could just say male or female.

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shepherd00:

you could just say male or female.
I could. But I don't. I wouldn't want my gender to be considered in my conversations with people. Just imagine how some might focus more on my tits or my prick and not on me and my word. I don't want my gender to make others sin.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Shepherd00: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

I could. But I don't. I wouldn't want my gender to be considered in my conversations with people. Just imagine how some might focus more on my tits or my prick and not on me and my word. I don't want my gender to make others sin.
Hahahahahahaha. It's Well

Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I believe this is the thread you are referring to. --> https://www.nairaland.com/2963866/christian-doctrine-grid
yes thanks
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2019
budaatum:

I'm a worker solite3. I don't do believe! I go up to Christ and say, "Christ, is it true that I will not perish?" Then I look at the evidence everyday to see if I perished or if the Word of the Lord is true.
what are you working? your works will only be to condemn you. sadly, the bible said our righteous works are filty before God. can you accept and eat poo? God is perfect and anything short of perfection is not allowed before him. you think we believers do not work, we do work but the difference is we do not do it to be justified. we work for our father because he his our father. we work for him because we love him. our obedience to him is because of Godly fear (reverence) and love. now our love for him is because he love us first by sending Jesus to take up our sins and redeem us from sin and condemnation.
our love for him is evidence in our love for other Christians and indeed all men.

Now, after many days and many weeks and many months and many years of not perishing, I do not believe that I will not perish because I know I will not perish.
sir have you heard of being alive but dead? only in death will you realise what to perish mean! without Jesus Christ you are going to hell!
your case is like someone trying to cross a Sea by foot refusing to get into a boat. no matter your good works and right living without you being in the right boat (christ) you will end up in the wrong destination.

By God's Grace, of course. I think this is because I am not a child anymore, solite3. I used to be a child who childishly 'believed', though it came across as 'disbelief', but was really ignorance. But then, I grew up and left my childish ways and became a full grown mature adult with mature adult faith and understanding who has no need to believe because I now know. Or does one just believe what one knows?

God will make us all grow more. Amen.
first of all God's grace is only available for people who do not work but trust totally on the finished work of christ.

secondly, must be like a child to enter into the kingdom.

Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

only a childlike faith in Jesus is needed outside this you are gone.

simple if you want to end up in the right destination go through the right way.

Matthew 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Are Believers Righteous? by budaatum: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
solite3:
first of all God's grace is only available for people who do not work but trust totally on the finished work of christ.
solite3, you cannot possibly believe this!

Not if you understand the following:
solite3:
God is perfect and anything short of perfection is not allowed before him.

How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? / The Four Characteristics Of Scripture / Concerning Tithe, Who Substituted Crops And Livestock For Money ?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140