Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (17991 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are All Sins Equal? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by omojeesu(m): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
lacum:

So people should agree to your own interpretation because you are the one God promised us that He will be with until the end of time. Please listen to the Church and avoid personal interpretation.

I will not listen to a Church or man of God to interpret the scriptures for me.

The Jews did and are still doing the same and missed it. This is the common plight of men who refuse to discover God and His word for themselves.

I can read the Bible by myself and I have the Holy Spirit to teach me and guide me not mere men nor religious institutions. They did not give birth to me spiritually. I was born (again) of God, of the Holy Spirit:

John

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him (that includes me!), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Also:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
queenitee:

Well, that point where you said we accepted Jesus Christ and all.

Lemme tell you a story or a christian movie I watched sister, accepted Jesus, very fervent, never committed a sin(genuinely born again) . She lives in an apartment with another sister. Let's say this sister we are talking about is sister A and the other sister, sister B.

One day, sister B went out and sister A wanted to cook, she found out she doesn't have anymore salt left and took little from sister's B salt with the hope of telling her when she arrived. Unfortunately, sister A was murdered before sister B could come back.(Note, this was her only offence since becoming a christian) When sister A gets to heaven, she was sent to hell on the account of taking someone else belonging without the person's permission which amounts to stealing. So you want to tell me sister A wasn't a believer or she doesn't know Jesus?

Again, a pastor once told a story of how God said he would go to hell if he should die because he gets annoyed a lot at home, like get annoyed with his family. Let's say God didn't reveal this to the pastor and he died and went to hell, was it that he did not believe in Jesus?

Based on these stories, I would have said all sins are equal before the lord, it's only we humans who classified them based on their gravity. If not, why would someone who committed murders accept Jesus the same way someone who only lies does? why would they receive the same grace?, but the thing is we are not in the position to judge which is the greater sin or not, lest we fall.

Even the bible says all our righteousness is like a filthy rag, so who are we to judge which is a greater sin or not, even you that think you stand, should be careful.

We are all sinners, we only pray for his grace and mercy.

But one thing I know is that all sin can be forgiven except blasphemy against the spirit.

Hello,

Your post says a lot about what you believe in, which you have been deceived with. I believe you attend a Pentecostal Church, because they are the ones who preach this kind of false message which you have believed in.

Now, you gave refferences to a movie and also a pastor's account. I will tell you that both the pastor and the movie are utter liars. That Sister A that took salt without permission will make heaven as long as she died believing in Jesus as her personal Lord and savior. Jesus already died for her sins which include taking salt without permission. Had it been she died without committing any sin, then what you are saying is that she was a perfect human being and therefore didn't need Jesus since else could love a life without committing a single sin. But guess what? All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are all sinners and will continue to sin knowingly or unknowingly. It is the Grace in the blood of Jesus that saves us from the condemnation of sin. We are saved from sin at death because we believed in Jesus. We make heaven because of that believe, not because we didn't sin. Can you name the holiest pastor you know on Earth? If you love with him for a week, you will be able to point out at least 7 sins of his. Are you now saying it is difficult to make heaven? No, it is the easiest thing, just believe Jesus paid for all your sins. Now, I might sound like I'm encouraging you to sin because you now know that sin cannot prevent you from heaven once you've accepted Jesus Christ. No, I'm not encouraging sin. Note that of you sin, God will punish you just as you will punish your disobedient child. But God will never stop seeing you as his child just as you will never stop seeing your child as your child. You are his forever.

Sister, I beg you to read the below link. That link opened my eyes to the true wonderous work Jesus did on the cross for our sins. The link got me saved. It is very lengthy, but exercise patience in reading it and you will be saved for all eternity. You will no longer fear sin, death or hell fire. Of you can't read it, then download the video there in.

http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html

thank you
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Really
So one will go to heaven no matter what he does as long as he has certain beautiful thoughts about Jesus undecided
Isn't it funny how you're the one accusing others for trying to justify their lewd behaviour were as you're the one providing the greatest justification for evil and debauchery.
"Remove the speck from your eyes first"- at least you believe in this.

As long as you believe in Jesus Christ and have accepted him, no sin can prevent you from heaven. But those sins can make God punish you here on Earth. As for heaven it is already certain for you that you will spend eternity there.

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ebehi5:
While I see how you're trying to make sense, I also see you're trying to excuse christians who instead of working on themselves, go out to condemn others. Work on yourself. You don't judge someone for sinning differently, when you've got your burden to bear. Jesus said remove the wood in your eye first, he wasn't saying it because "it is a greater sin", but because it is first YOUR PROBLEM. Stop tryna ignore your sin and downsides because you want to feel good condemning another sinner. You're only looking for an excuse to feel good while condemning. You go out to say "wo to fornicators and homosexuals' yet you're a greedy mofo who has never given to people in need. God says he will REJECT YOU...not the homosexual or the fornicator...YOU that think your sin is smaller. Work on yourselves y'all and try to correct with love. Rather than condemn in a condescending manner.

What you are saying in essence is that you will look the other way if your teenage daughter brings a 40 year old man to sleep with her inside your house simply because you are a smoker and can't judge her because you sin too.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
SpaceAngel:
If all sins are not equal, where is a list of sins and their accompanying punishment? Does it mean there are sins one can commit as they are of lesser degree and they will not lead to hell fire? If all sins lead to hell fire then what is the need for saying there are different degree of sins? undecided

I can bet with you that you will never find a man who is without sin. Now, if all have sinned, are you saying everyone will end up in hell fire?

Since everyone have sinned, it is those who believe Jesus died for their sins that will escape hell fire and make it to heaven. But those who reject Jesus Christ e.g Satanists atheists, Muslims, work based salvation Christians etc are the ones to end in hell fire because they rejected the one who came to save them from the condemnation of sins.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by sacx: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
The gospel of Jesus Christ has been heavily peverted by the church in Nigeria. See how this beloved brother wrote a lengthy treatise analysing sin that have been put to death by Christ. The fear of sin is death. Sin died when Christ died and immortality ascended on the Church when he ascended to the heavens. Believers are not sinners.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by sacx: 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
pastorjesuseun1:
I keep wondering why God created sin in the Frist place? And can humans really do without sins?
I was touched by this comment. God didn't create sin. Lucifer who was a cherub of light did. What is referred to as sin is the corrupted light of a cherub.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Fourwinds:
I have been on this issue for a long time... For people excuse themselves not to be rebuked because they want to continue in that sin. So they tell the person cautioning them "if u have no sin be the first to cast a stone" very funny ignorant people... Sins are never the same.. Thank u OP

If you have no sins be the first to cast a stone
It didn't say if you have "small Sins"
Also
Why didn't Jesus say people with small sin or people that kills,lies and rob but don't do adultery to stone her.

Even Jesus himself didn't stone her.

1 Like

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
nurusystem:
The greatest sin is associating partner with Allah,,,calling man,image, object god...

According to the Bible, Jesus is the only begotten Son of God which also means Spirit of God.
God is 3 in 1. Same way man is created 3 in 1.

If you reject Jesis, you have altogether rejected God the Father/Allah.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Igbodicool(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
Keep justifying your sins.
Lying, cheating, killing, fornication, hypocrisy, bribery and all form of unrighteous leads to eternal damnation and separation from God.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Firebomber:

Figure of speech, are you guys this briandead?

A goat who could not get a joke
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by queenitee(f): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Hello,

Your post says a lot about what you believe in, which you have been deceived with. I believe you attend a Pentecostal Church, because they are the ones who preach this kind of false message which you have believed in.

Now, you gave refferences to a movie and also a pastor's account. I will tell you that both the pastor and the movie are utter liars. That Sister A that took salt without permission will make heaven as long as she died believing in Jesus as her personal Lord and savior. Jesus already died for her sins which include taking salt without permission. Had it been she died without committing any sin, then what you are saying is that she was a perfect human being and therefore didn't need Jesus since else could love a life without committing a single sin. But guess what? All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are all sinners and will continue to sin knowingly or unknowingly. It is the Grace in the blood of Jesus that saves us from the condemnation of sin. We are saved from sin at death because we believed in Jesus. We make heaven because of that believe, not because we didn't sin. Can you name the holiest pastor you know on Earth? If you love with him for a week, you will be able to point out at least 7 sins of his. Are you now saying it is difficult to make heaven? No, it is the easiest thing, just believe Jesus paid for all your sins. Now, I might sound like I'm encouraging you to sin because you now know that sin cannot prevent you from heaven once you've accepted Jesus Christ. No, I'm not encouraging sin. Note that of you sin, God will punish you just as you will punish your disobedient child. But God will never stop seeing you as his child just as you will never stop seeing your child as your child. You are his forever.

Sister, I beg you to read the below link. That link opened my eyes to the true wonderous work Jesus did on the cross for our sins. The link got me saved. It is very lengthy, but exercise patience in reading it and you will be saved for all eternity. You will no longer fear sin, death or hell fire. Of you can't read it, then download the video there in.

thank you
I don't attend a Pentecostal church, you are wrong and I never said sister A doesn't believe in Jesus, you saw where I said she's a born again christian. I told you since she became born again, she has been living a Christ like life, I never said she doesn't have Jesus, read again.

Neither did I tell you I fear sin or I don't commit sin. What I'm telling you is it's not in our place to decide which is the greatest sin or not neither did I say God will stop seeing you as his child if you should commit a sin.

I'm telling you that as much as both lying and murder can send you to hell, then you shouldn't judge which is the greatest sin or not.

Please read what I wrote again and understand, thank you.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by loko50(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
You do not have to pity anybody. Just contribute your opinion.
Hermes019:

Its such a pity that Christians don't even understand the bible they read
" a sin that is unto death", in the context it was used is speaking of sins that the punishment is death e.g adultery ,the law given to Moses stipulates death punishment to certain sins,that is what the bible means by "sin that is unto death"

1 Like

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by claseek(f): 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Compare paedophilia (e.g a matured man raping a 9month baby) with stealing a pencil. By human standards, one is far greater. If you ask me sef, jungle justice for paedophiles angry.

But then By The standard of God, sin is sin.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mechanics(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
Sin is sin.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Vicnice(f): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
Sin is sin either big or small and God hate sin
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I can bet with you that you will never find a man who is without sin. Now, if all have sinned, are you saying everyone will end up in hell fire?

Since everyone have sinned, it is those who believe Jesus died for their sins that will escape hell fire and make it to heaven. But those who reject Jesus Christ e.g Satanists atheists, Muslims, work based salvation Christians etc are the ones to end in hell fire because they rejected the one who came to save them from the condemnation of sins.

The wages of sin is death

So simple

If everyone sins we all go to hell,
have you forgotten that God said if humans don't praise him, he will lift stones to praise him?

The word is clear.
Judge not that ye not be not judged it didn't say a murderer can judge a prostitute but a prostitute cannot judge each other...
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
queenitee:

I don't attend a Pentecostal church, you are wrong and I never said sister A doesn't believe in Jesus, you saw where I said she's a born again christian. I told you since she became born again, she has been living a Christ like life, I never said she doesn't have Jesus, read again.

Neither did I tell you I fear sin or I don't commit sin. What I'm telling you is it's not in our place to decide which is the greatest sin or not neither did I say God will stop seeing you as his child if you should commit a sin.

I'm telling you that as much as both lying and murder can send you to hell, then you shouldn't judge which is the greatest sin or not.

Please read what I wrote again and understand, thank you.

Hell is the destination for sinners who do not believe in Jesus. Their sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ and his precious work on the cross. Children of God often commit such sins but still end up in heaven because they are already saved.

The severity of a sin is judged by the severity of its punishment here on Earth, not after death. A murderer's punishment from God here on Earth is different from that of a thief. If both men die, they end up in hell. But if the thief believed in Jesus, he will end in heaven, but before then he faces his punishment here on Earth, which is never the same as that suffered by a murderer.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
maynia:

The wages of sin is death

So simple

If everyone sins we all go to hell,
have you forgotten that God said if humans don't praise him, he will lift stones to praise him?

The word is clear.
Judge not that ye not be not judged it didn't say a murderer can judge a prostitute but a prostitute cannot judge each other...

Did you read the OP at all?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Vicnice:
Sin is sin either big or small and God hate sin

Which Buble verse told you sin is sin?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by stanliwise(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
Truefaith:
A sin is something that offends God, something God hates.

We should be careful we do not analyse to the point of simplifying sin.

All sins lead to hell.

What part of hell do you prefer to go?

Real Christians do not indulge in any sin:small or great.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-born-again/

what you wrote did not help matter at all. you are still on the fence
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
claseek:
Compare paedophilia (e.g a matured man raping a 9month baby) with stealing a pencil. By human standards, one is far greater. If you ask me sef, jungle justice for paedophiles angry.

But then By The standard of God, sin is sin.

That's not the standard of God. Otherwise, you will be saying human standard is far merciful than God's standard.

Did you guys at all see where Jesus spoke of a greater sin?.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
Firebomber:

well no one care about your Muhammad family idol here.

You people worshipped the god mother Mary and Jesus CROSS,, so you are confirmed idle worshiper
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
maynia:

If you have no sins be the first to cast a stone
It didn't say if you have "small Sins"
Also
Why didn't Jesus say people with small sin or people that kills,lies and rob but don't do adultery to stone her.

Even Jesus himself didn't stone her.

That story is speaking of condemnation, not judgement. You can judge but you shouldn't condemn.

John 8:7-11 King James Version (KJV)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
mrZENographer:

According to the Bible, Jesus is the only begotten Son of God which also means Spirit of God.
God is 3 in 1. Same way man is created 3 in 1.

If you reject Jesis, you have altogether rejected God the Father/Allah.

Bros God is not a man. Num 23:19
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
nurusystem:

You people worshipped the god mother Mary and Jesus CROSS,, so you are confirmed idle worshiper

MUMU, is that what your imam use to brainwash you?

both you and your fellow troll that worship cross and Mary are bunch of idol worshiper
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
nurusystem:

Bros God is not a man. Num 23:19

And who is telling this troll that God is man before
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by adelee777: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2019
horpeyemmi66:
All sins are equal before God Almighty(asides telling lies against the Holy Spirit), it is we humans who tend to place sins into hierarchy.

Homosexuality is worse than pornography

Stealing is better than Murder

You get the gist...
If all sins are equal, why is one sin a sin that leads to death, while another does not lead to death?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lereinter(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2019
hoopLA:

Dont mind the charlatan OP.
He is an attention seeker and just wants to trend
Sin is from the devil.
God will never tamper his judgement because he thinks one is greater
The wages of sin is death. All sin.There is no categorical base.
If the wages (end-point) of all sin is death, how then can we say one sin is less than the other?
And some follow-follow are agreeing with the heresy above.

I wonder where some folks left their brains.

The consequences of different sin can't be the same
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by queenitee(f): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Hell is the destination for sinners who do not believe in Jesus. Their sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ and his precious work on the cross. Children of God often commit such sins but still end up in heaven because they are already saved.

The severity of a sin is judged by the severity of its punishment here on Earth, not after death. A murderer's punishment from God here on Earth is different from that of a thief. If both men die, they end up in hell. But if the thief believed in Jesus, he will end in heaven, but before then he faces his punishment here on Earth, which is never the same as that suffered by a murderer.

So you mean after accepting Jesus, I can go about lying without repenting and still end up in heaven, I can commit murder and still end up in heaven, I can steal without asking for forgiveness and still end up in heaven? Really? this is so nice, really nice. Wow, this is just wow
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
queenitee:

So you mean after accepting Jesus, I can go about lying without repenting and still end up in heaven, I can commit murder and still end up in heaven, I can steal without asking for forgiveness and still end up in heaven? Really? this is so nice, really nice. Wow, this is just wow

That is the beauty of the Gospel. But guess what? If you go about doing all those things after accepting Jesus Christ, God will continue to punish you but will never cast you into hell fire because you are his child. Isn't that the same treatment you will give your child if he disobeys you continually?

Hebrews 12:6 (KJV)
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The question now is: Do you want God to continue scourging you?

If no, then stay off sin.

Please I beg you, read the link below for full understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.