Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (17992 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are All Sins Equal? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
nurusystem:

.if Jesus is God ,why will he said my father is greater than hi ?

Because God the Father sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. JOHN 20:21

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Do you know that Humans can stay in a room/location and go on a soul travel/astral travel. Mostly practised by occult people. They are in Nigeria, but they can make incantations that will make their soul to travel to another part of the world or another realm (2nd heaven).
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
omojeesu:
You see how you abandon the word for error placing Church above God's word when God Himself exalts his word above His name!

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Your Church is greater than God's name abi?

The Bible says let each man be personally fully persuaded.

Jesus said search the scriptures. It is your responsibility to do that not any man, pastor, bishop, etc for you!

Be like the Berean Christians and be responsible for your faith and conviction not because a man or Church said so.

The wages of sin (any sin and all sins) is (eternal) death.
Jesus didn't leave us with a Bible but a church . The error of multiple churches is man-made. Jesus established a church on his twelve apostles not Bible. The bible is a product of the church through the Holy Spirit . If you refuse the guidance of the church but accept the Bible God gave her then you are mistaken .
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by omojeesu(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
lacum:

Jesus didn't leave us with a Bible but a church . The error of multiple churches is man-made. Jesus established a church on his twelve apostles not Bible. The bible is a product of the church through the Holy Spirit . If you refuse the guidance of the church but accept the Bible God gave her then you are mistaken .

What is Church according to Jesus and the Apostles?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
omojeesu:

What is Church according to Jesus and the Apostles?

I hope you are not one of those who believe that an individual is a Church. They often base their believe on the verse that says our body is the temple of God. Yes, our body is the temple of God as true Christians, but this doesn't make us a Church.

A church is another word for congregation which is the gathering of true Christians.

When Jesus was instructing John on the book of Revelations, he made mention of the church in Ephesus. Note that he didn't say Churches, which is plural and which would have seem like he was talking about individual humans according to the believe that an individual Bis a church.

Revelations 2:1
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Look, if the church is an individual, then what is Paul talking about when he said the church is the house of God and we must behave ourself in it because it's the pillar and ground of truth?.

1 Timothy 3:15
“But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.”
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
lacum:

Don't place the church above God's word which is the Bible
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I hope you are not one of those who believe that an individual is a Church. They often base their believe on the verse that says our body is the temple of God. Yes, our body is the temple of God as true Christians, but this doesn't make us a Church.

A church is another word for congregation which is the gathering of true Christians.

When Jesus was instructing John on the book of Revelations, he made mention of the church in Ephesus. Note that he didn't say Churches, which is plural and which would have seem like he was talking about individual humans according to the believe that an individual Bis a church.

Revelations 2:1
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Look, if the church is an individual, then what is Paul talking about when he said the church is the house of God and we must behave ourself in it because it's the pillar and ground of truth?.

1 Timothy 3:15
“But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.”
You spoke well.
Let me add to this. The church fathers also spoke of the church as a gathering of the children of God around their Bishop
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
mrZENographer:

Because God the Father sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. JOHN 20:21

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Do you know that Humans can stay in a room/location and go on a soul travel/astral travel. Mostly practised by occult people. They are in Nigeria, but they can make incantations that will make their soul to travel to another part of the world or another realm (2nd heaven).

So in conclusion Jesus is not a god
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't place the church above God's word which is the Bible
You speak like a father who loves the children more than their mother such that he can do away with the wife at anytime.
You must also remember that the Bible is not the only place God's word is found. I have said it before, if Bible was very important Jesus would have commanded his disciples to write one but He didn't, instead he gave the power to his church to teach us the whole truth . And St Paul also said it that the church is the custodian of the revealed truth. St Augustine will say, if not for the church he will not believe the Bible. As Christians we must allow the church to guide us to be alone to know the revealed truth the Bible containes
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
lacum:

You speak like a father who loves the children more than their mother such that he can do away with the wife at anytime.
You must also remember that the Bible is not the only place God's word is found. I have said it before, if Bible was very important Jesus would have commanded his disciples to write one but He didn't, instead he gave the power to his church to teach us the whole truth . And St Paul also said it that the church is the custodian of the revealed truth. St Augustine will say, if not for the church he will not believe the Bible. As Christians we must allow the church to guide us to be alone to know the revealed truth the Bible containes

I can see that you are a Catholic. Where else is God's word found?

Anything asides the Bible is not God's word.

If you place the church above God's word, then you have place man above God. Now wonder Catholics worship and call the Pope Holy Father when when the word of God in the Bible said we shouldn't call any man our father.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I can see that you are a Catholic. Where else is God's word found?

Anything asides the Bible is not God's word.

If you place the church above God's word, then you have place man above God. Now wonder Catholics worship and call the Pope Holy Father when when the word of God in the Bible said we shouldn't call any man our father.
Yes am a Catholic but your assertions are not true. You only need understanding which cannot be gotten outside the church. Remember what you call Bible was not known to early Christians as such. In fact Paul and the other Bible writers will be surprised if they find out that the books they wrote to confront pagans and exhault communities is now a book which is The only God's word
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI I want to leave you with this . Where we got the Bible :Our debt to the Catholic Church
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologetics/protestantism/wbible.htm
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
nurusystem:

So in conclusion Jesus is not a god

Lol, how did you arrive at that conclusion. Hahahaha

See it this way Your Body, Your Soul, Your Spirit are 3 in 1. cheesy cheesy
God that created you that way. And he created you in his likeness.
Animals don't have a soul/spirit. Only humans do.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
lacum:
alBHAGDADI I want to leave you with this . Where we got the Bible :Our debt to the Catholic Church
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologetics/protestantism/wbible.htm

Dumped in the garbage.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2019
mrZENographer:

Lol, how did you arrive at that conclusion. Hahahaha

See it this way Your Body, Your Soul, Your Spirit are 3 in 1. cheesy cheesy
God that created you that way. And he created you in his likeness.
Animals don't have a soul/spirit. Only humans do.
So Jesus is god ,son ,and spirit,, if yes give a verse where Jesus said ,I am the God,son and spirit.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2019
nurusystem:

So Jesus is god ,son ,and spirit,, if yes give a verse where Jesus said ,I am the God,son and spirit.

Matthew 26:63
I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.” 64Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself
65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses?

John 9:35-38
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Do you believe on the Son of God? 36He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen him, and it is he that talks with thee. 38And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
mrZENographer:

Matthew 26:63
I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.” 64Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself
65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses?

John 9:35-38
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Do you believe on the Son of God? 36He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen him, and it is he that talks with thee. 38And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him
Read act 2:22,read act 3:13,act 4:26
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
nurusystem:

Read act 2:22,read act 3:13,act 4:26

Acts 4:26 "Against the Lord and his Christ" Christ means The Saviour of mankind. There is no other Christ but Jesus

Acts 3:13. "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus". 100%correct. Jesus is the Son of God (also means Spirit)

Acts 2:22. "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles" ---> Jesus mostly referred to himself as SON OF MAN. Only on few occasions he revealed he is Son of God

Why do you choose to believe a book that don't know the meaning of Son of God?
Quran says you shouldn't believe Son of God because God does not marry or impregnate. This is ignorance. And no Christian belives that God marry/impregnate. This is sign that Quran doesn't speak the truth.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Amberon11: 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
No, there is a sin leading to death and there is a sin not leading to death.
hoopLA:

Silliness at its peak.

The end product of sin is hell-fire.

Yes or no?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Amberon11: 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
That is not the greatest sin. All sins are not equal, and that is why Jesus said the only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin against the holy spirit. If all sins were equal why should blasphemy of the holy spirit not be forgiven by God?
NigeriaDecides:
Abegi sin nah sin... The ONLY greater sin is leading people to sin.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Amberon11: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oga, you are too full of blasphemy and twisting scriptures. The op is 100% accurate but please do not add or subtract to the Bible.

Rejection of Jesus is not the only sin that leads people to hell. There is not one verse of the Bible that suggests such.
There is a punishment too for heretics as yourself.
alBHAGDADI:

Do they all receive the same punishment here on Earth?

No. So you see, they are not equal, else you would be saying that God is not a righteous judge giving the same measurement of punishment to a pencil thief as with a murderer.

it is only one sin that sends people to hell - the rejection of Jesus.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Amberon11: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yes, definitely it does.
BeLookingIDIOT:
That should mean Hell fire has grades according to your level of sinning: @ alBHAGDADI
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
Amberon11:
Oga, you are too full of blasphemy and twisting scriptures. The op is 100% accurate but please do not add or subtract to the Bible.

Rejection of Jesus is not the only sin that leads people to hell. There is not one verse of the Bible that suggests such.
There is a punishment too for heretics as yourself.

We christians that are saved often commit the same sins unrighteous people commit. How come we will never go to hell like them? That's because we didn't reject Jesus.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2019
mrZENographer:

Acts 4:26 "Against the Lord and his Christ" Christ means The Saviour of mankind. There is no other Christ but Jesus

Acts 3:13. "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus". 100%correct. Jesus is the Son of God (also means Spirit)

Acts 2:22. "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles" ---> Jesus mostly referred to himself as SON OF MAN. Only on few occasions he revealed he is Son of God

Why do you choose to believe a book that don't know the meaning of Son of God?
Quran says you shouldn't believe Son of God because God does not marry or impregnate. This is ignorance. And no Christian belives that God marry/impregnate. This is sign that Quran doesn't speak the truth.
can you pls read from reverse standard versions and see for yourself, between servants and son
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
nurusystem:
can you pls read from reverse standard versions and see for yourself, between servants and son

Revised Standard as the name implies is a revise of the original version which is KING JAMES. VERSION

Notice the Old-English used such as thou art, hath it not etc.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Ihateyoumod: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
queenitee:

Well, that point where you said we accepted Jesus Christ and all.

Lemme tell you a story or a christian movie I watched sister, accepted Jesus, very fervent, never committed a sin(genuinely born again) . She lives in an apartment with another sister. Let's say this sister we are talking about is sister A and the other sister, sister B.

One day, sister B went out and sister A wanted to cook, she found out she doesn't have anymore salt left and took little from sister's B salt with the hope of telling her when she arrived. Unfortunately, sister A was murdered before sister B could come back.(Note, this was her only offence since becoming a christian) When sister A gets to heaven, she was sent to hell on the account of taking someone else belonging without the person's permission which amounts to stealing. So you want to tell me sister A wasn't a believer or she doesn't know Jesus?

Again, a pastor once told a story of how God said he would go to hell if he should die because he gets annoyed a lot at home, like get annoyed with his family. Let's say God didn't reveal this to the pastor and he died and went to hell, was it that he did not believe in Jesus?

Based on these stories, I would have said all sins are equal before the lord, it's only we humans who classified them based on their gravity. If not, why would someone who committed murders accept Jesus the same way someone who only lies does? why would they receive the same grace?, but the thing is we are not in the position to judge which is the greater sin or not, lest we fall.

Even the bible says all our righteousness is like a filthy rag, so who are we to judge which is a greater sin or not, even you that think you stand, should be careful.

We are all sinners, we only pray for his grace and mercy.

But one thing I know is that all sin can be forgiven except blasphemy against the spirit.

How do u know God will send sister A to hell for taking sister B's salt?....are u now God, I dnt understand. Let me level tht pastors story for another day
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by queenitee(f): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ihateyoumod:

How do u know God will send sister A to hell for taking sister B's salt?....are u now God, I dnt understand. Let me level tht pastors story for another day
Maybe you should read again, I said a movie I watched, I never said it's my own words Please
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 5:04am On Mar 24, 2019
mrZENographer:

Revised Standard as the name implies is a revise of the original version which is KING JAMES. VERSION

Notice the Old-English used such as thou art, hath it not etc.
Go and see servants not son
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
nurusystem:

Go and see servants not son

It's SON. Moreover. Jesus was crucified not because he claimed to be a servant, but because he claimed Son of God.
The pharisees wouldn't touch him if he claimed to be a Servant/messenger/preacher.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2019
mrZENographer:

It's SON. Moreover. Jesus was crucified not because he claimed to be a servant, but because he claimed Son of God.
The pharisees wouldn't touch him if he claimed to be a Servant/messenger/preacher.
Jesus is a son of god is a metaphoric statement. So jesus is also called god the son why.....
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
nurusystem:

Jesus is a son of god is a metaphoric statement. So jesus is also called god the son why.....

Ahmed the body
Ahmed the Soul
Ahmed the Spirit.

Yes it is Metaphoric. In the sense that, "Son of God" doesn't mean God married or give birth.

He is called God the Son because he is the Word/Spirit of God. He came out from God. Just like a man's spirit is within him and comes out.

John 1:1. "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God. All things were made by him"

Notice the two words. "WITH" and "WAS"

John 8:42 Jesus answered that "I proceeded forth and came from God;".. =====> SPIRIT/SON

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:15am On Mar 29, 2019
mrZENographer:

Ahmed the body
Ahmed the Soul
Ahmed the Spirit.

Yes it is Metaphoric. In the sense that, "Son of God" doesn't mean God married or give birth.

He is called God the Son because he is the Word/Spirit of God. He came out from God. Just like a man's spirit is within him and comes out.

John 1:1. "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God. All things were made by him"

Notice the two words. "WITH" and "WAS"

John 8:42 Jesus answered that "I proceeded forth and came from God;".. =====> SPIRIT/SON

Is there verse where Jesus refer, anything like Trinity,,,,,,
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
nurusystem:

Is there verse where Jesus refer, anything like Trinity,,,,,,

Yes, Jesus did.

In John 16:28, Jesus said "The Father Loves you because you believe i came out from God. I proceeded forth and came out from God.... The disciples answered him, "Now we understand and believe. Now are we sure that you are the Son of God."

1 John 5:7 "7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.