Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (17993 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are All Sins Equal? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by queenitee(f): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

That is the beauty of the Gospel. But guess what? If you go about doing all those things after accepting Jesus Christ, God will continue to punish you but will never cast you into hell fire because you are his child. Isn't that the same treatment you will give your child if he disobeys you continually?

Hebrews 12:6 (KJV)
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The question now is: Do you want God to continue scourging you?

If no, then stay off sin.

Please I beg you, read the link below for full understanding.

http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html
Wawu, Wawu
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

That story is speaking of condemnation, not judgement. You can judge but you shouldn't condemn.

John 8:7-11 King James Version (KJV)
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

God said judge not that ye be not judged.

You may think you are judging the person, but what if he/she regards it as condemnation?

And why do God himself sir have to wait till the end of man's days before he even judges?

In that Jesus and prostitute story did Jesus himself attempt to judge her?
Jesus could have made a clear example of her, but he didn't.
Are you more righteous that jesus, that he decided not to talk a pin about it?

When they nail Jesus on the cross, he didn't even judge humanity!!!
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Did you read the OP at all?

I did
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by alBHAGDADI: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
maynia:

God said judge not that ye be not judged.

You may think you are judging the person, but what if he/she regards it as condemnation?

And why do God himself sir have to wait till the end of man's days before he even judges?

In that Jesus and prostitute story did Jesus himself attempt to judge her?
Jesus could have made a clear example of her, but he didn't.
Are you more righteous that jesus, that he decided not to talk a pin about it?

When they nail Jesus on the cross, he didn't even judge humanity!!!

The Bible gave instances when it said we shouldn't judge. It didn't just say we shouldn't judge.

Jesus didn't judge her because she was already judged and he didn't criticize those who did. He only prevented them from condemning her.

Stop mistaking judgement for condemnation. Learn to know the difference.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by lacum: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
omojeesu:

I will not listen to a Church or man of God to interpret the scriptures for me.

The Jews did and are still doing the same and missed it. This is the common plight of men who refuse to discover God and His word for themselves.

I can read the Bible by myself and I have the Holy Spirit to teach me and guide me not mere men nor religious institutions. They did not give birth to me spiritually. I was born (again) of God, of the Holy Spirit:

John

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him (that includes me!), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Also:

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
That is not the promise of God. The promise of God that He will be with us till the end of time was first made to the Church not you. It is the duty of the church to guide you not to be in error and not to interpret the scriptures for you. As a result of your personal interpretation many people have been misled. If you read comments only in this topic you will find many interpretations but a Catholic will have just one interpretation for it and it's simple. We believe with Jesus when He says there are sins that lead to hell. Which simply means there are sins that do not lead to hell. All sins are sins whether small or big, but not all sins will lead one to hell simply because God can forgive us when we ask for forgiveness in this world. Even the greater sins can as well be forgiven after some penance and remorse for sins have been carried Out. Any other sin we commit which have not been forgiven before we die will be purified in purgatory if it's a venial sin but can lead us to hell if it's not. So we live by God's forgiveness and as long as we live on this earth, we must depend on the grace of God and Christ's atonement on the cross for forgiveness of sins and this must be done in the proper way through confession
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by omojeesu(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
You see how you abandon the word for error placing Church above God's word when God Himself exalts his word above His name!

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Your Church is greater than God's name abi?

The Bible says let each man be personally fully persuaded.

Jesus said search the scriptures. It is your responsibility to do that not any man, pastor, bishop, etc for you!

Be like the Berean Christians and be responsible for your faith and conviction not because a man or Church said so.

The wages of sin (any sin and all sins) is (eternal) death.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 04, 2019
While sin is sin. I agree with the topic. Moreover, there is this thing called 'Mercy' and there is another called 'Favour'. Once God showers someone with either or both of these, sins are overridden and anything can happen.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by QnVee: 12:54am On Mar 04, 2019
Mark 3:28-29
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by QnVee: 1:06am On Mar 04, 2019
Proverbs Chapter 6

16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 2:39am On Mar 04, 2019
nurusystem:

Bros God is not a man. Num 23:19

That's true. No Christian believes that God is a man.
But God the Son decided to become flesh. The purpose is to die for humanity with his blood.

Without blood God will not forgive the sin of any man. Therefore, it was very necessary for God the Son, to save us from perishing by sacrificing his blood. Moses and all the prophets before Jesus offered blood sacrifices regularly for the cleansing of their sins as written in the law of Moses.

Please try to understand.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:06am On Mar 04, 2019
mrZENographer:

That's true. No Christian believes that God is a man.
But God the Son decided to become flesh. The purpose is to die for humanity with his blood.

Without blood God will not forgive the sin of any man. Therefore, it was very necessary for God the Son, to save us from perishing by sacrificing his blood. Moses and all the prophets before Jesus offered blood sacrifices regularly for the cleansing of their sins as written in the law of Moses.

Please try to understand.
So God is so wicked that he must to killed is only begotten son to save the Israelites.
Why can't god sacrifice animal instead of human being?..just the way it happened during the time of Abraham.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:12am On Mar 04, 2019
Firebomber:

MUMU, is that what your imam use to brainwash you?

both you and your fellow troll that worship cross and Mary are bunch of idol worshiper
You're brain wash by Paul doctrine not Jesus, Jesus is greater than Paul.but Paul doctrine is what make up Christian, Jesus didn't create charismatic ,he never called is disciple Christian, but Paul own Christian,,,, not Jesus.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 3:14am On Mar 04, 2019
mrZENographer:

According to the Bible, Jesus is the only begotten Son of God which also means Spirit of God.
God is 3 in 1. Same way man is created 3 in 1.

If you reject Jesis, you have altogether rejected God the Father/Allah.

Jesus is the personal lord and saviour, please show me the verse in your bible,,,
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 04, 2019
Fourwinds:
u didn't get the metaphor of what OP said... He is referring to God sending angels to Sodom and Gomorrah... And what happened after is a first hand evidence

And you didn't get a simple joke
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Fourwinds: 6:35am On Mar 04, 2019
1stCitizen:

And you didn't get a simple joke
Nairalanders very funny set of people... The moment you grab their legs, they will tell you it is their hands you are holding
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 04, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The Bible gave instances when it said we shouldn't judge. It didn't just say we shouldn't judge.

Jesus didn't judge her because she was already judged and he didn't criticize those who did. He only prevented them from condemning her.

Stop mistaking judgement for condemnation. Learn to know the difference.

Judge not that ye be not judged

Shalom
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 7:50am On Mar 04, 2019
nurusystem:

You're brain wash by Paul doctrine not Jesus, Jesus is greater than Paul.but Paul doctrine is what make up Christian, Jesus didn't create charismatic ,he never called is disciple Christian, but Paul own Christian,,,, not Jesus.

Bla Bla Bla.

well, Apostle Paul is more better than your useless gigolo fake prophet.

last I check Apostle Paul didnt marry A woman Twice his age, nor did he die of a poison from a woman. foolish troll, your your imam told you that it was Paul that called the disciples Christian? insane Muslim.

Lol, and last I check I don't see where Apostle Paul exulted himself higher than Jesus, But your gigolo dead Muhammad said that he is better than Jesus, the idiot even said that he is the best creation, what an irony,

Apostle Paul doctrine is far far better than your pedophile self acclaimed prophet.

so if Paul own Christian who own Paul?..

you cannot be a Muslim and still be sane
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 8:08am On Mar 04, 2019
nurusystem:

So God is so wicked that he must to killed is only begotten son to save the Israelites.
Why can't god sacrifice animal instead of human being?..just the way it happened during the time of Abraham.

Lol, so your Allah said that it not wickedness if you kill an innocent animal because of your own sin? is it the animal that sin?

you Muslim always sound so briandead at time. did you want to no the reason why God don't want your lamb blood again?

In the middle of that week, God would"put a stop to sacrifice"with an abomination of desolation(Daniel 9:26-27 11:31 12:11).
That's the prophecy of Daniel,
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2019
Firebomber:

Lol, so your Allah said that it not wickedness if you kill an innocent animal because of your own sin? is it the animal that sin?

you Muslim always sound so briandead at time. did you want to no the reason why God don't want your lamb blood again?

In the middle of that week, God would"put a stop to sacrifice"with an abomination of desolation(Daniel 9:26-27 11:31 12:11).
That's the prophecy of Daniel,

But why will god kill is only begotten son...
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2019
nurusystem:

But why will god kill is only begotten son...

The same reason why Allah want you to be killing innocent animal....
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2019
Fourwinds:
Nairalanders very funny set of people... The moment you grab their legs, they will tell you it is their hands you are holding

A smart person will notice the "according to the OP" and not according to the bible so as not to attach seriousness to it. That said before the angels were sent God heard reports, lets assume he believed them, why send others to verify. Even with this in my mind it was a joke.

Anyway, CONGRATS Mr leg grabber. What award do we give you now for the greatest achievement you have ever had or ever will? grin grin grin
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
nurusystem:

God doesn't require a human sacrifice. Only demons do.
God only used that to taste Abraham's love and faith in him.
For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten Son.

Jesus willfully went to the Cross.
"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again." John 10:17

And even rebuked Peter for opposing his decision.
"But he turned, and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, for you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of men." Matthew 16:26
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Fourwinds: 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
1stCitizen:

A smart person will notice the "according to the OP" and not according to the bible so as not to attach seriousness to it. That said before the angels were sent God heard reports, lets assume he believed them, why send others to verify. Even with this in my mind it was a joke.

Anyway, CONGRATS Mr leg grabber. What award do we give you now for the greatest achievement you have ever had or ever will? grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2019
mrZENographer:

God doesn't require a human sacrifice. Only demons do.
God only used that to taste Abraham's love and faith in him.
For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten Son.

Jesus willfully went to the Cross.
"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again." John 10:17

And even rebuked Peter for opposing his decision.
"But he turned, and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, for you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of men." Matthew 16:26

Is Jesus God or Son of God
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 8:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Firebomber:

The same reason why Allah want you to be killing innocent animal....
Jesus is a man or God
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2019
nurusystem:

Jesus is a man or God

Go and ask your imam
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Ebehi5(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What you are saying in essence is that you will look the other way if your teenage daughter brings a 40 year old man to sleep with her inside your house simply because you are a smoker and can't judge her because you sin too.

First "teenage" and "daughter" means she is first all of a young girl child of mine who is under my care. If she does that to start with, then I have done terribly wrong as a parent. Secondly, Its my house, so if I don't feel comfortable with what anyone, be you an adult, is doing in my house, you either stop it, find a compromise, or leave. I do not CONDEMN people who are old enough to choose their way of life and are well aware of what they are doing. I may try to advise but that's as far as I can go...advise and not condemn to hell and insult them.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Firebomber:

Go and ask your imam

Tell me if u know
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by Firebomber: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
nurusystem:

Tell me if u know

Your imam never brainwash you reach that place?

OK, maybe you should answer the question yourself.
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by mrZENographer: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
nurusystem:

Is Jesus God or Son of God

He is Both.

Let me ask you (example: Your name is Ahmed)

Are you Ahmed or you are the spirit of Ahmed?
Re: Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other by nurusystem(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
mrZENographer:

He is Both.

Let me ask you (example: Your name is Ahmed)

Are you Ahmed or you are the spirit of Ahmed?

.if Jesus is God ,why will he said my father is greater than hi ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.