Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Dubai Or Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Or Nigeria? (31386 Views)

Dubai Or Vietnam Which Is Better To Hustle? / This Is Not Dubai Or Heathrow, This Is The New Oshodi BRT Bus Terminal - Photos / Dubai Or Kuwait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by SageTravels: 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
cole19:
Lier !!!! Na dem dem...
I am not lying. 100% true. and I didn't say I will do it for him. I am not into visa that much. I book flight tickets.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by otunba96: 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good day, my candid advice to u pls stay on Nigeria with money you have and think very well how to make use of if its bet9ja shop you tink is good in your area there pls make use of it. I'm currently in UAE I reside in Sharjah rite now. My brother many Nigerian has been dupe dis agent of a stuff dey will collect money make visa and they will also tell you jobs is here. Bros jobs is here but how are u sure you will be given when you get here. Me too I was a victim of such is only God grace make me alive till now. When I came here my agent disappoint me d first day I arrived, job he did not find for me its wen I got he told me I will pay 100k for agent fee for me to get job after I av paid him all. From dere my eyes open dat I av been dupe. I walked under heavy sun every day to look for job till I God gave me dis current one am working now. Bros if u trust ur agent u can go ahead with ur travel to Dubai. Dis is a warning to many naija. Am big fans of nairaland and dis my first comment here and it because of I reg here. Bros be warned oo

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by dwas: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:
Please i need your candid advice, i have been able to raise 800k and for now am left with two choices, am a graduate and the only son of my mom so i need a better life.

Pls i have an agent who will do for me a work visa for a security job in Dubai, salary 220k, i will pay a total of 800k for the visa and flight.

Please is it adviseable i travel or i use the money and rent a house here in nigeria. I have searched for job for over 3 years here in lagos all to no avail.

Please how is life in Dubai? What are your suggestions, should i go or stay.

Pls mods help me move to front page

Hello Oracle55, it's true that lot of security job in Dubai pay well. And most of the job are through agent, however, there are lot of scam agent out there.

This is how it work. You pay between 600k to 800k for work visas and the employment. Your employer also secure accomodation for you. Once the visas is ready, it will be emailed to you. You can then pay for your ticket to dubai to start your new job immediately.

Don't pay anyone that say until you come before you can get the job.
The job should be ready with accomodation so that you don't get stranded and homeless.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by sonofspada(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
I just got to Dubai.... for the first time , Jan 27....
how long is your visa for firstly?…
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Willyf19992: 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
Most Of The Nigerian agent in Dubai are scammer there mouth too sweet he's gonna end up given you 3 months tourist visa then you will start looking for jobs by yourself and it's not easy for company in Dubai to employ without knowing you thru an agent failing to get a job within the period of that 3 months you need to get out of Dubai in order to avoid overstaying fine on your visa thus a day overstaying in Dubai is 10k you must pay in airport while going back to 9ja so you need think it twice
There is no way to get u security job in Dubai with 800k
If the agent is a real souce he might get u construction job,cleaning ,factory job e.t.c for 800k the salary ranges between 90k to 80k accommodation is possibly free

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by gforce5: 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
OP, as an immigration consultant, I would advice you to think outside the box.

You could use that money to start an importation business. That will enable you to be in and out of the country.

Import cheap products from Eastern Europe and sell them in Nigeria.

There is the option of migrating to Brazil and gaining quick citizenship there. Cost of living in Brazil is cheap and you can set up a business there to export agricultural products to Nigeria.

Another option is to migrate to Cote D'Ivoire or other quality African countries and set up a business there.

It's not all about migrating to the west or setting up a business in Nigeria. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and broaden your options.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by olatechnician(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
Yinxies:
You don’t have a job in the last 3 years and you raised 800k? How?

wat a gud observation.......oya op over to u
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:
Please i need your candid advice, i have been able to raise 800k and for now am left with two choices, am a graduate and the only son of my mom so i need a better life.

Pls i have an agent who will do for me a work visa for a security job in Dubai, salary 220k, i will pay a total of 800k for the visa and flight.

Please is it adviseable i travel or i use the money and rent a house here in nigeria. I have searched for job for over 3 years here in lagos all to no avail.

Please how is life in Dubai? What are your suggestions, should i go or stay.

Pls mods help me move to front page

No job in Dubai, nah scam dem dey scam U dey go sooo, U don enter gear, better save up well and enter Europe or America!
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by stagger: 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
Koolking:

You are wandering too far. You are bringing 'Hausa is our problem' sentiment here.

I just told you, I prefer staying in Nigeria (my country) living like a king than wander in overseas like a child with no sense of home. Is that too much personal preference for you to understand?

You were the one who raised the issue of discrimination. My point is (since you clearly do not understand it) is that discrimination is everywhere in various shapes and forms. It is not a valid excuse to refuse seeking opportunities elsewhere.

And if you think Naija is a good place to live like a king, you need to step across Africa to see hundreds of places where you can make your money and live like a king.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by miltonchux(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
O boy forget Dubai, look for a clean corrola for higher purchase and deposit 600k for higher purchase and use it for Uber ot taxify. There is nothing in Dubai bro. Then manage the 200k left to arrange urself. You will thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Uglyaddy:
Please,for God sake dont deal with that agent.
Most of this agents are scam.They will promise you heaven and earth,when you get to dubai,you will be left stranded.They will collect all your money and disappear into thin air.

Let me be sincere with you,is no more rosy in Dubai unlike few years ago,to get the security job now,you go waka tire.

If you are still bent on going to dubai,will advice you get a 3 months visiting visa,when you get there search for jobs yourself,dont fall mugu to any agent.

Check the link below for better update.

https://www.nairaland.com/4390425/qatar-uae-general-visa-enquiries
this person has said it all, go buy land for 350k leave am there, use the remaining 65”k for business for naija here, deal with the agent and lose your money or u land in Dubai and be left all alone without even a place to sleep, and if you overstay you go dey pay for each day of your overstay there, be warmed.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Liquortales(m): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
Getting a security job in Dubai is not as easy as it sounds o, you must do a security prog/course called DPS/SIRA and it will cost you like 100k plus. Although most security organizations might pay for the course for you and deduct it later from your salary; another bleeped up ish is that you will be asked to pay a security deposit which will be refunded to you after a probational period of 6 months. Then comes the craziest part"Accommodation" this cost like 500-600Aed which is about 50-60k and guess what; it's on a monthly basis..... that's if the company does give u free accommodation. So think about it really REALLY HARD. If u have all that shit covered up, then go for it. But bro I gotta be sure I know what u getting into
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by temmypotter(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
Pavore9:

Their tech scene is bubbling, lots of things coming up on a regular basis. So many Fintechs popping up and Mpesa driving them.

Nice. Just what would be an approximate cost implication in moving to Kenya?
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by sexyyoyo(m): 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
[
Pls i have an agent who will do for me a work visa for a security jo

My advice to you is this .
No direct employment visa into security job that you will get for 800k with flight ticket with or without agent .
The cheapest u can get is 1.2million without flight ticket. However I beg you with whatever you believe, never attempt tourist visa to come here looking for job .
My advice for you is to do direct employment visa .
However Dubai is not like before and that salary isn't real again because of deductions unless you are a CCTV operator u can earn more but not until after one year or six months of been a security guard .
Don't loose your money please .
Finally instead of travelling , please go into villages and buy acres of land , don't rent or lease . u can get in some villages for 150-250k go into farming and animal husbandry . after one year , you will dash me money
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by nams77: 6:41am On Mar 05, 2019
Uglyaddy:

Hope he listen.I was in Dubai few years ago for VAC,what my eyes saw mouth cant say.
Imagine 16 men in 1 room.
The sun during summer is just like hell fire.
Oracle 55 I hope you are seeing the above post? Since you are not. Married, get somewhere to lay your head and look for something to invest in. Don't use all ur dough.

How can u be talking of using 800k for rent? Don't even get a girlfriend yet, EXC you are lucky and sees one that is understanding.
If konji hold you, you no where to go sha.

Best of luck
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Peterpanny: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2019
nzube89:
bro please what business are you into
I sell mens wear with box and school bags
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Ghideourn(m): 7:34am On Mar 05, 2019
is it true that someone with HIV cant get a job in dubai
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmmm.... Pray.... You need supernatural light in this darkness., Lest you continue to walk in darkness.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Teeklef(m): 3:28am On Mar 06, 2019
Ghideourn:
You get���....... Bros na joke OK, incase you Wan fire back.
Note :am not feeling fine ooooo.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by stagger: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ghideourn:

As true as tomorrow will come after today.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Taqueenboy(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
netmycs:
@op, let me tell you from first hand experience/info.

Currently, jobs are a bit scarce. The ones easily available are low paying jobs between 100k to 150k naira. If you have real Security job experience, you might be lucky to get a pay around 200k naira.
Security jobs might not be that hard but it could be sometimes.
Agent
From distance, the agent is not 100% plain. By that, i mean he has charged extra money. Perhaps his own agency fee is inclusive if truly he will get you the promised job.
Reason is, for 3 months visa, which is the max visa period you can be given, will cost normally around 200k and your flight also around 200k (both figures are a bit above the real cost) and i stand to be challenged by any agent.
All other money needed by you will be for feeding and transportation plus recharge card. Normal bed space is around 60 to 70k naira.
So, be wary about the agent except the person is already working in the company and wants to make extra money from you because there is an opening in their company.
Anything apart from these, is a BIG SCAM.
Truly and fairly, you will live with 6 to 8 people in a room if not more in some cases. But this does not mean, its a hell. You will still live your normal life. And it gets better or lesser number of people as you earn better.
Once again, Dubai is not bed of roses but the little you can earn and save, you either move to other countries or come home to do something for yourself.

On the flipside, if you are inclined to entrepreneurship, i think you can start a small business with what is left after renting a house like you said. Though i would suggest you hang around a bit more where you are now to have more money and less pressure to make big profit from the business. Business doesn't become big overnight even if you got it right from onset. Its takes time. The question is do you have the patience. If no, find reliable and truthful people here in Dubai to help you out or give a soft landing.
If you are lucky to get something a bit meaningful started here as a job, you can be ok within few years.

Just REMEMBER that, Dubai is a place you come to WORK, EARN, SAVE and RETURN back to your country to do something that pleases you.
DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY BY THE BLISS AND BLING BLINGS.

Wishing you the best.

you are so resourceful, your advice us commendable. After reading this one can just take decision without much thinking.
Keep saying the truth as it should be.
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Ernesthugo(m): 10:14am On Mar 15, 2020
otunba96:
Good day, my candid advice to u pls stay on Nigeria with money you have and think very well how to make use of if its bet9ja shop you tink is good in your area there pls make use of it. I'm currently in UAE I reside in Sharjah rite now. My brother many Nigerian has been dupe dis agent of a stuff dey will collect money make visa and they will also tell you jobs is here. Bros jobs is here but how are u sure you will be given when you get here. Me too I was a victim of such is only God grace make me alive till now. When I came here my agent disappoint me d first day I arrived, job he did not find for me its wen I got he told me I will pay 100k for agent fee for me to get job after I av paid him all. From dere my eyes open dat I av been dupe. I walked under heavy sun every day to look for job till I God gave me dis current one am working now. Bros if u trust ur agent u can go ahead with ur travel to Dubai. Dis is a warning to many naija. Am big fans of nairaland and dis my first comment here and it because of I reg here. Bros be warned oo
please cal me.0589404118

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption / Gov Soludo Completes 16KM Ukpor - Umunuko - Nza - Ozubulu Road(photos) / Do Not Fall For Scam From The Following Travel & Tour Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.