Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies (63225 Views)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting / Tinubu Bans Seyi, His Son, Others From FEC Meeting / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
freeze001:

No one is trying to dominate anyone, I don't understand why you guys keep propagating this fallacy. Is it insecurity or what? Keep repeating a lie and before long you will believe it and actually start acting like it's happening. It is your people that bring unprovoked attacks. 2015 elections, Oba said any Igbo who did not vote Ambode would drown in the lagoon, why? Both candidates at the time sought the support of any one or group they could get across to which is normal. Why the special interest in Igbos? Now in 2019 it is even worse; Tinubu starts by reminding Nigerians how good Lagos has been to them like it's not part of Nigeria. Nobody quarreled or defied him yet he sent his goons and u all know wand support the terrible crimes perpetrated on 23 February.

No one can help your bias and pre-formed ideas though, ride on but at least we now know where we all stand so we will see where it takes us in this country.
You know this democracy is not a perfect one?it's a foreign way of government with custom designed in Nigeria using thuggery,rigging, manipulation, elimination of humans,and it's a winner take it all .its common sense to support the aspirations of the oba and local politicans,it's not difficult.this people increased the revenue of Lagos State,imagine what pdp will do,
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Melian(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2019
ola6:
The Jagaban!!!! kiss

I didn't love him but now, this is who the Yoruba race needs!!! Awolowo version 2.0*

I don't know you but I love you my Jagaban. Just make sure you remain humble - least I forget, you bleeped up by not voting GEJ(another hero of mine) but all sins are forgiven.

Hahahaha. Funny person
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by amjokes(f): 6:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
Where are they since all this while, so If not for election... (APC and co will keep mute to peoples plight)
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by mfm04622: 6:09pm On Mar 04, 2019
freeze001:
How was he in charge? The NEC at national level was responsible for all primaries and without its approval, it was invalidated. Was Ambode not in charge at Lagos? He could have given himself na. That is why Ogun and Imo governors still have issues with Oshiomole, even Zamfara until the issue was addressed by the court. Tinubu and co, knowing his many sins preferred to perpetuate his evil until the people showed their anger through their votes and now they want to separate him from the party that it is the governor the people are angry with not the party. So they can make that difference but we will not hear word for 16 years of the PDP as if it is the party and not its members that carry out functions of governance at whatever level.

May i suggest you contact people in Oyo and confirm if it is the party of the governor they don't like?

Really, governors were in charge. Electing state party executive is where they make sure they are in control. The issue with Imo was that Hope was able to get his people into the exco, that ensure he was in control and not the governor! For Ogun, Amosu was in control but he refused to ensure primary is done. He selected all the candidates without leaving anything for the other side. The national body insisted primary be done. Amosu and his candidate didn't attend the primary, national body accepted result of the primary. Parties always allow governors to be in charge of parties as long as there is not much trouble or as presently happening, someone like Tinubu is not interested
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Yoighaman(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Kayus4real:
APC’s woeful outing in Ajimobi’s expected stronghold has prompted protests from party leaders, with Bola Tinubu, the National leader, now personally overseeing the campaigns in a desperate bid to prevent a potential surrendering of the governorship to the PDP.

Abiola Ajimobi, the outgoing Governor of Oyo State, can no longer attend governorship campaign events of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, SaharaReporters understands.
Ajimobi lost his Oyo South Senatorial District bid to Dr. Kola Balogun of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who polled 105,720 votes to Ajimobi’s 92,579 votes, meanwhile the other two senatorial slots were won by the APC. To worsen matters, of the five federal constituencies in Ajimobi’s Oyo South, APC won only one, while PDP has already won three and is set to claim the fourth when the election is concluded this weekend.

APC’s woeful outing in Ajimobi’s expected stronghold has prompted protests from party leaders, with Bola Tinubu, the National leader, now personally overseeing the campaigns in a desperate bid to prevent a potential surrendering of the governorship to the PDP. And one of what Tinubu has quickly done, apart from buying off Adebayo Alao-Akala’s candidature, is to ban Ajimobi from showing up at APC governorship campaign meetings involving Bayo Adelabu, the party’s candidate.

“The belief of Tinubu and other APC leaders is that it is Ajimobi that the people are angry with — not APC — therefore he should stay away from campaign activities,” an APC source very familiar with the development told SaharaReporters.
“The fear is that Ajimobi’s appearance at Adelabu’s campaign rallies will be damaging for the party. In fact, there is a jingle of the party begging the people, explaining that Ajimobi, not the party, is the fall guy. Since the presidential and national assembly elections, Adelabu has been campaigning on his own — without the Governor’s involvement.”

In the said jingle, listened to by SaharaReporters, APC “begged” all indigenes of the state in the name of God and in the names of prominent Yoruba sons such as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Governor Bisi Akande and Tinubu. The party also mentioned President Muhammadu Buhari and Adams Oshiomhole as begging the people, and specifically censured Ajimobi for his pride in disrespecting the Olubadan of Ibadan, among many other offences.
With Alao-Akala’s withdrawal for Adelabu, Tinubu has already gained inroad into Ogbomosho, where the party could not campaign ahead of the February 23 elections.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/04/exclusive-tinubu-bans-ajimobi-appearing-apc-governorship-rallies?fbclid=IwAR2baeAWYZzorj18zsK0yRLLn-ZQUnAM4ccq5EFK3JXu7gzXt6AiS2ESNfc

Intelligent political move by the APC, that guy is toxic and should treated as such.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by delpee(f): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
To those from Oyo....

I read a post that says Seyi Makindes staff won a case in court against him. According to the report, he's been owing staff salaries and abandoning projects on contract while spending heavily on campaigns. If this is true, Oyo people need to do a rethink in choosing him as governor.

Anyway ....

Good riddance to 'constituted authority '. In fairness to him though, he brought peace to the state and ended the agbero wars. He also did fairly well in education reform, health, roads and other infrastructure. He encouraged business enterprise too. Unfortunately, he was too arrogant and undiplomatic in his dealings with the people. Quite rude actually. Yourubas don't tolerate arrogant leaders. Baba Akande, Chief Osoba and Aregbesola all lost the support of the people due to that. Sadly Ajimobi didn't learn from history.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Mouthgag: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
TheFreeOne:
Banning a sitting governor from rallies.

How can such be possible
Osu flatheád people won't understand...
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Tareq1105: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
TheFreeOne:
Banning a sitting governor from rallies.

How can such be possible

Would you allow a failure to follow you to your rally?
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Tareq1105: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
senatepresido:
PDP has shown more maturity than APC in so many ways...

APC members are always fighting themselves openly while PDP will always resolve any dispute amicably

But it was not like that when Pdp too was in charge in Oyo state.

It's not the Party, it's in our DNA
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Baba is speaking.......... Modern slavery
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Sociologie(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
Adelabu2019 Governorship cannot be stopped.

#NextLevel #APC grin grin

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by DerideGull(m): 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
Nigeria is a basket of market level intellectuals.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by sangresan(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
freemanbubble:
I have this feeling that this tinubu wings would soon be clipped by a collabo of Buhari and elrufai

You don't have feeling of a better life for yourself?
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Queendenie(f): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
Actually Ajumobi is just a bunch of trash
Their is no problem in throwing him out, the man is rude after all he has forgotten that those people he was abusing physically, and molesting of the citizens
Are in power after every 4years. Broda isiaka elosun won ti logbe yin
Seyi for the next 8years
��� Democracy Na fi le ee kuro pata pata
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by n1ky(f): 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2019
Vanderandrew:
Constituted Authority of Oyo state lost a senatorial seat and now his banned by APC National leader from appearing at campaign rallies. Pride never pays, it always lead to a fall.

This is the beginning of his end.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
AJIMOBI, Can you see yourself Now..

And when we talk,,You will said you are SHEHU OF IBADAN,

Your saucy is your architect of your recent Ban, You Lack Respect, Humbleness, And MORAL LESSON,,

You run a worsest Governance EVER in OYO STATE to the fact that you lost your Senatorial District Election to That Ordinary PDP, That Useless Party Even though You a sitting Governor under APC,,

you cost APC MUCH across the state but we give Glory To God for recording Victory

Now see yourself,, You are sitting Governor was Ban from Campaign, That Is Worse Of You ,To The Fact That OYO APC stoop So Low to be begging Masses with President Buhari, Osinbajo,Bisi Akande, Jagaban Of Politics*TINUBU*and Other on behalf.Of the Party because of your criminality you have committed in your prime time of Governance
I AM VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE GONE IN OYO STATE, AFTER YOU HAVE NO HOPE NOW,

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAAH NOT US EXPERIENCE YOU & THOSE THAT CAN IN ANYWAY RESEMBLE YOU IN TERM OF GOVERNANCE & HABIT IN OYO STATE

AMEEN
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by capitalzero: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

A pro chancellor is a ceremonial post and has no influence on how the school is run, The affairs of LAUTECH is purely on Oyo and Osun govt

If Tinubu interferes you will be the same person accusing him of interference, He allowed a free hand its also a problem

indomie generation. try to know power of prochancellor and chairman of governing council. ask Google. Tinubu can interfere in election but not in governance? i dey laugh.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by n1ky(f): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
hardeytarhyour:
AJIMOBI, Can you see yourself Now..

And when we talk,,You will said you are SHEHU OF IBADAN,

Your saucy is your architect of your recent Ban, You Lack Respect, Humbleness, And MORAL LESSON,,

You run a worsest Governance EVER in OYO STATE to the fact that you lost your Senatorial District Election to That Ordinary PDP, That Useless Party Even though You a sitting Governor under APC,,

you cost APC MUCH across the state but we give Glory To God for recording Victory

Now see yourself,, You are sitting Governor was Ban from Campaign, That Is Worse Of You ,To The Fact That OYO APC stoop So Low to be begging Masses with President Buhari, Osinbajo,Bisi Akande, Jagaban Of Politics*TINUBU*and Other on behalf.Of the Party because of your criminality you have committed in your prime time of Governance
I AM VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE GONE IN OYO STATE, AFTER YOU HAVE NO HOPE NOW,

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAAH NOT US EXPERIENCE YOU & THOSE THAT CAN IN ANYWAY RESEMBLE YOU IN TERM OF GOVERNANCE & HABIT IN OYO STATE

AMEEN

Amen
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by raumdeuter: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
capitalzero:

indomie generation. try to know power of prochancellor and chairman of governing council. ask Google. Tinubu can interfere in election but not in governance? i dey laugh.

You only say what you know.

I went to a university and Umar Sanda Ndayarko Etsu Nupe was our pro chancellor and I knew he had nothing to do with decision making aside being ceremonial
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Tomrock007(m): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
gaskiyamagana:
I pity this Oyo people. If PDP is allowed again, terror will reign more than the time of Adedibu.
will u keep kwayet and stop saying what u dunno
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Thisis2raw(m): 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2019
Adefemiaderoju1:

Question to ask you is did Tinubu hold any federal position Which yeye power are you talking about?
it's seems using your brain is a challenge for you, but please try and use it in this case. Do Tinubu need federal govt position to be powerful?
When you talk about the west,one person comes to mind 'Tinubu'
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by delpee(f): 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tinubu has denied saying this according to TVC news.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Bakerdav: 8:15am On Mar 05, 2019
delpee:
Tinubu has denied saying this according to TVC news.
very smart man from tinubu, pdp all the way
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by freeze001(f): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2019
mfm04622:

May i suggest you contact people in Oyo and confirm if it is the party of the governor they don't like?

Really, governors were in charge. Electing state party executive is where they make sure they are in control. The issue with Imo was that Hope was able to get his people into the exco, that ensure he was in control and not the governor! For Ogun, Amosu was in control but he refused to ensure primary is done. He selected all the candidates without leaving anything for the other side. The national body insisted primary be done. Amosu and his candidate didn't attend the primary, national body accepted result of the primary. Parties always allow governors to be in charge of parties as long as there is not much trouble or as presently happening, someone like Tinubu is not interested

@the bold: This is the crux of the matter! Tinubu is interested therefore all others must fade. Well, as long as the people are 'happy' who am I to be bothered?
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by freeze001(f): 9:02am On Mar 05, 2019
olas24u:

You know this democracy is not a perfect one?it's a foreign way of government with custom designed in Nigeria using thuggery,rigging, manipulation, elimination of humans,and it's a winner take it all .its common sense to support the aspirations of the oba and local politicans,it's not difficult.this people increased the revenue of Lagos State,imagine what pdp will do,

I do believe it is more common sense to be able to think for oneself and take decisions or vote based on self-conviction. It is also common sense that no one should intimidate, coerce or blackmail anyone into doing otherwise. As I always ask, does it mean the other candidates who are also Yoruba do not have any support among fellow yorubas and it is only Igbos that support all but APC specifically PDP? Why is no one attacking them for their choice if it is about supporting the aspirations of the Oba and local politicians? I see no effort to even distinguish between Igbos that support APC and those that do not because it is impossible, more so when you only see and engage in stereotypes.

If this war of attrition against a tribe is carried on the way some of you advocate, is it still about political choice or just basic tribal/ethnic bigotry and hatred? Democracy may not be perfect but it is our job to make it as near perfect as possible.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2019
freeze001:

I do believe it is more common sense to be able to think for oneself and take decisions or vote based on self-conviction. It is also common sense that no one should intimidate, coerce or blackmail anyone into doing otherwise. As I always ask, does it mean the other candidates who are also Yoruba do not have any support among fellow yorubas and it is only Igbos that support all but APC specifically PDP? Why is no one attacking them for their choice if it is about supporting the aspirations of the Oba and local politicians? I see no effort to even distinguish between Igbos that support APC and those that do not because it is impossible, more so when you only see and engage in stereotypes.

If this war of attrition against a tribe is carried on the way some of you advocate, is it still about political choice or just basic tribal/ethnic bigotry and hatred? Democracy may not be perfect but it is our job to make it as near perfect as possible.
The average indigenous lagosian is not a tribal bigot,you arguments seems to emphasize discrimination against the igbos.look at the arguments rationally.lagos has 20 local governments and lcdas bringing it to 57.from the 20local government areas,the politicans know the stronghold of the opposition,they include oshodi/isolo,ajeronmi ifelodun,,amuwo odofin etc.You need a % from the total number of of vote casted.the igbo population is these areas don't vote according to ideology of the pdp but based on ethnic bais and hearsay,word of the mouth and they give bulk votes to the pdp.tony nwulu contested and won in oshodi/isolo collecting all benefits 14million monthly for 4 years,with other incentives,today he his back in imo state contesting has a governor with money made and contacts made from the position.its common sense and no brainer to know the right thing to do.they benefit from everything, education,healthcare ,transport,tourism,employment,and when it is time to support the party and people ,you vote based on ethnic groupings.there are Yoruba oppositions,but we all know it is elites fighting over resource distrubution among themselves.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2019
freeze001:

If democracy was actually practiced in the way you have described, countries like Singapore,Russia,turkey,Brazil, Indonesia will not be what they are today.you can't make choices that will damage a people and tribe and their future.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2019
freeze001:

These people increased the revenue of Lagos State ,to 40b monthly and took development to the door steps of people.every lagosians has felt the state government in different ways.if they disagree at least they must has entered or use brt bus services.they created industrial areas.lekki free trade zone,have you been there?lekki airports ,lekki sea port,dangot refineries,dangote fertilizer plants.so you think they should not see them through .
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 9:42am On Mar 05, 2019
freeze001:

In an organized society with social security numbers,igbos will not be allowed to stay together in one area ,if that is done ,it will not be a problem again.once the business areas are demolished and use for the original purposes,such has hospitals and motor parks and housing estates,these living together in a particular location will reduce.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by olas24u(f): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2019
freeze001:

In some climes ,your life expectancy will be reduced through food or direct injection at the hospitals,or water supply.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by gaskiyamagana: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2019
Tomrock007:
will u keep kwayet and stop saying what u dunno
I knew oyo even your birth. Those who are victims of PDP thuggery reign in the state will be cursing you.
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2019
Thisis2raw:
it's seems using your brain is a challenge for you, but please try and use it in this case. Do Tinubu need federal govt position to be powerful?
When you talk about the west,one person comes to mind 'Tinubu'
Then if it's because Tinubu is becoming more powerful or making more money is your problem then you can kiss my ass for that, Tinubu is making is money in Yoruba nation not your region ok? Go back home to your Igbo landlocked region and criticize your own leader and make your region great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man In "Juju Dress" Follows Sowore To Court. / Buhari's Left Ear: You Be The Judge / Asari Dokubo At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.