Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Thrills Of A Lagos Babe - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (98608 Views)

Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Memoir Of A Lagos Mainland Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by mozel247: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Something tells that the next shocking event will be death of Tina or Tayo. One of this will happen and help simi retrace her step
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 6:22pm On May 13, 2020
He laughed over the line. 'Alright, but please let me know when you need to make new purchases.'

I dared not let Tina know about Tayo's offer. I knew what her response would be.

'This is the kind of man a lady should pray for,' she would likely say. 'This is a big opportunity for you. Withdraw all the money and move them into your account.'

I had even decided that I would not be disclosing everything to her again. I would rather do things according to the dictates of my mind than follow her blindly and end up regretting the action.

I was a Lagos babe, but I would be one with a sense of decency and purpose.

Another notable change about Tayo was that he always wanted to please me. Maybe he was trying to be nice, but I wished he would be less ‘officious.’

The following Saturday, he took me to Galax Club, a high brow club at Ikeja. I was amazed by the drinks and burger he ordered for.

‘Are you expecting your friends?’ I asked.

‘Nope.’

‘Well, this hot food and drinks you ordered are too much. I’m not a heavy eater.’

He grinned. ‘Eat and drink to your satisfaction, and leave the rest.

I would not turn myself to a glutton on his account, so I would only eat what I would eat naturally.

Tayo was also very eager to introduce me to his friends. ‘Meet Simi, my only love and fiancée,’ he would say.

I received a lot of stares and ogles in the process. I didn’t really like attention, but it was like that was what Tayo intended to give me.

I watched him play snooker game with some of his friends. I didn’t understand the game and had never played it, but I had to hang around Tayo and watched him play as if it was the most fascinating game I ever watched.

By six p.m., I indicated my intention to go home. I had that Saturday as my off day, but then if not for Tayo, I would have preferred to spend it indoor.

‘Alright, baby. Let me take you home,’ he said.

The home he had in mind, I later discovered, was his home.

‘Stay with me tonight,’ he urged.

‘But I didn’t bring extra clothes,’ I said.

‘It doesn’t matter,’ he quickly put in. ‘There’s no problem with that.’

He drove to his grand residence, his parents’ mansion.

‘By next week, I’ll be moving to my own apartment,’ he said. ‘I should stop living with my parents.’

I nodded. He had a point there. I was there with him till the following morning which was on Sunday. He brought a t-shirt and a pair of jeans trousers for me to wear.

The t-shirt was okay but the pair of trousers was too big for me. I had to wear the jeans I wore the previous day. Tayo drove me back to Comely hotel complex.

You can get the full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by favch(f): 7:54pm On May 13, 2020
You can get the full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills[/quote]

don't u sell in pdf
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 9:42am On May 14, 2020
favch:

You can get the full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/search?term=thrills

don't u sell in pdf

Thanks for your interest. The PDF is available. You can send Glo recharge pin of N200 to seranowura@gmail.com
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Janet96(f): 2:12pm On May 14, 2020
A nice update after a long vacation.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Saturn101: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
More.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
He drove to his grand residence, his parents’ mansion.

‘By next week, I’ll be moving to my own apartment,’ he said. ‘I should stop living with my parents.’

I nodded. He had a point there. I was there with him till the following morning which was on Sunday. He brought a t-shirt and a pair of jeans trousers for me to wear.

The t-shirt was okay but the pair of trousers was too big for me. I had to wear the jeans I wore the previous day. Tayo drove me back to Comely hotel complex.

‘Thanks for the wonderful weekend,’ I said.

He smiled radiantly. ‘I should be the one to thank you for taking your time off to be with me.’

Before I got down from his car, he put an envelope inside my handbag. ‘Take that for the remaining part of the weekend.’

‘Oh, no, you don’t have to do that,’ I said quickly as I removed the envelope and stretched my hand towards him to return it.

He smiled easily. ‘Come on, Simi, I want you to have it.’

‘But, this is becoming too much,’ I said. ‘A relationship shouldn’t be based on give-and-give.’

He burst into laughter. ‘What a noble heart you have! Well, Tayo here wants you to have it. It is a gift he has willingly given. I think you should accept it.’

With his posturing, there was no need I argue again. ‘Alright, thank you so much, darling.’

Later that evening, after I closed from work, I called Tina.

‘Are you in your house this evening or are you going out?’ I asked her.

‘I’ll be around. You’re coming over, baby?’

‘Yes. See you.’

I was in her house by nine-thirty p.m. She had prepared a meal of wheat and egusi soup.

‘Ah, I meet you well,’ I said, smiling at her.

She had obviously prepared for my coming. The quantity of the meal showed that. I sat down by her side at the dinning-table, washed my hands and dished generous portion of the food for myself.

‘Hmn, the soup is very tasty,’ I commented. ‘I trust you.’

She smiled. ‘Yeah, you can say that again.’

'Your husband will enjoy your culinary skill,' I teased.

She stared at my bust. 'Yes. And your husband will enjoy those firm boobs.'

We laughed shortly and ate our food. After the meal, I cleared the plates and washed them in the kitchen. I soon rejoined Tina in the sitting-room.

'Tara, my lady in South Africa wants me to join her,' she announced.

'Really?'

'Yes. She wants me to join her in Cape Town asap.'

I briefly thought about the prospects of Tina relocating to South Africa. Despite her 'bad girl' image, there was no doubt that I would miss her if she should go.

'So, what d'you plan to do? Are you going to leave?'

'I don't know yet,' she answered. 'What d'you suggest?'

I appeared to mull over her question. 'If your going will pay off economically, I'll say you should go. But there's no doubt that I'm going to miss you here terribly.'

She nodded in agreement. 'I'm surely going to miss you too, but, hey, let's wait and see. I've not totally made up my mind about it.'

A week after this, Tina informed me that Tara kept insisting that she should come over to S.A.

'She sent five thousand dollars to cover my travelling expenses. Of course, the expenses are far less than that. But it shows she really wants me to come over. I think I have to go.'

I suddenly realized that the moment Tina decided to travel, there was no way I could hold her back. Besides, from all indications, the bond between her and Tara was stronger than between me and her.

Four weeks later, Tina was set to travel outside Nigeria. She had done all the arrangements and all the travel documents she needed were ready.

'I'm going to miss you, my baby,' she said, giving me a bear hug. I was surprised to see tears in her eyes.

'I will miss you too,' I said.

'Maybe we'll send for you to come and join us over there,' she put in.

I knew that was consolatory. It was very unlikely that I would ever do so.

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
Well done op
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2020
Kaycee9242:
Well done op

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by OPC90(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2020
At least it will give you a lot of chance to concentrate

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Four weeks later, Tina was set to travel outside Nigeria. She had done all the arrangements and all the travel documents she needed were ready.

'I'm going to miss you, my baby,' she said, giving me a bear hug. I was surprised to see tears in her eyes.

'I will miss you too,' I said.

'Maybe we'll send for you to come and join us over there,' she put in.

I knew that was consolatory. It was very unlikely that I would ever do so.

Tina had sublet her apartment to one of her friends.

'We'll be contacting each other,' she said, more like a promise. I nodded. That was how Tina left Nigeria.

That very weekend she traveled, Tayo said we should travel to Ibadan together.

'I want to know your mum. I'm sure she's lovely. You must have taken after her.'

I smiled at his compliment. On Friday morning, I called mummy to let her know I would be bringing my 'man' home.

'That will be lovely, Simi. I've long been expecting that. He's welcome. The house is having a better look now, and Deola too said she would be around for the weekend.'

'Oh, great,' I said. 'The whole thing is like family re-union,' I said and laughed.

I also informed Mrs. Shitta that I would like to take Saturday and Sunday off.

'I'll be travelling to Ibadan with Tayo, the new man in my life,' I told her.

'Oh, that's good,' she said. 'Safe journey and my regards to Bimbola.'

Tayo came to pick me on Saturday about ten in the morning. I had only a small bag containing two blouses and two skirts, with some personal effects. Tayo came with a Prado jeep.

He was behind the steering and he looked so excited that finally, he would be meeting with my mum. The journey began in earnest. He drove to join the Lagos/Ibadan Highway.

'I will have to fill the fuel tank,' he said. He branched at a filling station to have the tank filled and the trip continued.

'I've told daddy that I would like you to stop working at that hotel as soon as we get married,' he announced.

I looked at him sharply. 'Why?'

He smiled. Using the left hand to control the steering wheel, he wrapped his right hand on my shoulders. 'I just don't want you to continue working there. You're a princess, my dear, and must be treated as one.'

'So, what will I be doing?' I asked.

'Well, if you insist on doing something, what about opening a super market or a pharmaceutical store for you? I think that one is more befitting than my princess working in a hotel.'

I nodded. What he said seemed to make sense.
'Don't worry,' he went on. 'Even when you're not working, the allowance I'll be giving you will be more than your present salary.'

I chuckled. 'That will be very generous of you.'
He squeezed my right shoulder.

'Anything for you, princess. Anything. I can even die for you.'

I laughed shortly. 'Ah, please, don't talk about death. Let's talk about life.'

'You're right my dear.'

About twenty minutes into the journey, I dozed off. Many minutes later, I was back to reality.
'How was your nap?' he asked, grinning.

'Fine,' I replied.

We had been on the road for more than forty minutes. I was sure we were getting close to Ibadan now. But, then, the devil struck.

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hmmmmmm op come bk here, what did d devil do? Dis place u stopped is not healthy at all. Nice one
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by PrudySara(f): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
...haaa, the devil struck! This suspense is not good o!
Thanks for the update
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Drenimarcus(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
How can I get the whole story. Thanks for the update.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Drenimarcus:
How can I get the whole story. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for your interest

You can either follow the link to buy from Okadabooks

Or you email with Glo recharge pin number of N200 to get the PDF.

Please note that I can only respond to your email on Monday, Friday,. Saturday and Sunday
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Fejimummy: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
this one that you decided to remember the story today

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 6:52am On Jul 14, 2020
Fejimummy:
this one that you decided to remember the story today

I Dy tell u, i was already forgetting d characters gradually self.

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by OPC90(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nawa ooo
I pray that's not what am thinking
Congratulations
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by FairCritic(m): 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
Interesting
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2020
We had been on the road for more than forty minutes. I was sure we were getting close to Ibadan now. But, then, the devil struck. I used the word 'the devil' because I believed the situation was what could be averted. Tayo leaned over to give me a short kiss.

'Hey, you're driving,' I quickly said.

'I know.' He continued with the kiss and at that very moment, he lost the control of the wheel.

The jeep veered off the express way in a flash and hit something (I wouldn't know what exactly it was). That was the last thing I remembered.

*. *. *

I could hear some distant voices. Then, the sounds seemed to grow nearer. I opened my eyes, but at first, everything was blurred. I closed the eyes and opened them again. I could see some men in uniform trying to open the side door of where I sat.

They succeeded and strong hands pulled me out of the car wreckage. I was put on a stretcher and put in a waiting car. My God, what happened?

Where was Tayo? How did this happen? My mind was blurred with images. I felt weak and enfeebled. Several minutes later, I was wheeled inside a hospital. It was an emergency case and activities around me were in frenzy.

I was put on a bed. Drips were passed to my veins while a gentle hand tried to examine my body. I soon drifted to sleep. I wouldn't know for how long I had slept. When I opened my eyes, I saw mummy, staring at me.

'Mummy, you're here,' I said, trying to sit upright on the bed.

'Hey, just lie back and rest on the bed,' she said kindly.

'How did I get here?' I asked. 'How did you know I was here? What about Tayo? Where is he and how is he?'

'Hey, calm down,' I heard a man in white coat say as he moved to my bedside. I later realized that his name was Doctor Christopher.

'Take it easy, and don't strain yourself,' he said.

My mind went into panic when I remembered Tayo. 'Hey, what about Tayo? What about him?'

'Calm down,' the doctor said again. 'Relax yourself.'

Mummy held my right hand. 'Simi, you really need to calm down. Just thank God you're alive.'

Indeed, I needed to be grateful to God that I came out of that ghastly accident only with minor bruises. All the same, my whole body was subjected to thorough check and examinations.

But I was still worried about Tayo. I had not seen nor heard about him. It was the morning of the second day that I got hints that he was dead.

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by jenifer007: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2020
E be like say simi get spirit husband wey dey kill all her suitors....Wuraserano you are really good sis....well done

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Kaycee9242(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
jenifer007:
E be like say simi get spirit husband wey dey kill all her suitors....Wuraserano you are really good sis....well done

Exactly what i just thought of now, d situation is too terrible. Op thanks for the update

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kaycee9242:

Exactly what i just thought of now, d situation is too terrible. Op thanks for the update

jenifer007:

Thanks so much for your favorable disposition.
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Zamar: 8:35am On Jul 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Awesome05: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
Interesting episode
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by OPC90(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2020
Chai... Such a caring man dead Your village people is truly at work...
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by BigBasher: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2020
More
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Felixnyle: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2020
WuraSerano:

Thanks for your interest

You can either follow the link to buy from Okadabooks

Or you email with Glo recharge pin number of N200 to get the PDF.

Please note that I can only respond to your email on Monday, Friday,. Saturday and Sunday
How can I get the pdf?Still by sending you a Glo recharge pin number or...
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by WuraSerano(f): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
Felixnyle:

How can I get the pdf?Still by sending you a Glo recharge pin number or...

Thank you for your interest. Yes, you can get it by sending glo pin number to seranowura@gmail.com

Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Noeasyway042(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2020
Kontino
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by eitsei(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Tayo killed himself
Re: Thrills Of A Lagos Babe by Saturn101: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Noeasyway042:
Kontino

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Most Wanted Maid / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / The Day The World Ended

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55