Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 (4355 Views)

Yemi Osinbanjo Arrives Kaduna Ahead Of Passing Out Parade Of Armed Forces / Ag President Osinbanjo In Daura, Katsina State / Osinbanjo wanted to resign and handover to saraki after Duara's yabbing him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Balkan:
see this Afonja. Wait it's too early. Osibanjo can never be president. Fulanis will rule Nigeria forever

Why so bitter?

A northern President in 2023 would be unhealthy for this nation.
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by orion7: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

You are wrong. I am full blooded Igbo and I will vote for him, same as many Igbo people.
I don't mind osinbajo too. but these youruba boys here mouth too dey rush. they will actually discourage people like myself.

I actually like the chap. he's aii.
it's a pity idiots in ask rock always want to ride on him. Especially that idiot kyari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by Earthquake2: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
If Kwankwaso picks Obi or a South South good

If he picks a Yoruba better grin
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by SouthEastFacts: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Earthquake2:

Which South? Hope you are not counting South east and South South grin
I am sure you don't even have PVC.
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by Earthquake2: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

I am sure you don't even have PVC.

Ok grin
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by SouthEastFacts: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
orion7:
I don't mind osinbajo too. but these youruba boys here mouth too dey rush. they will actually discourage people like myself.

I actually like the chap. he's aii.
it's a pity idiots in ask rock always want to ride on him. Especially that idiot kyari
You are right but Osinanjo is stronger than we think.

Even El Rufai cowers before him.

1 Like

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by orion7: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Balkan:
I will vote any person PDP presents from the north. Even it's elrufy.

Igbos will vote PDP even if it's bokoharam leader
God forbid. you re alone in this
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by tysontim(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Apc will bring Osibanjo
PDP Peter obi

Or

APC - Orji Uzor
PDP - Ike Eweremadu

Whichever way it goes power is not going back to North come 2023.

If PDP or APC brings out A Northerner we wouldn't agree.

If a sourther enters

All his main appointment should be Sourthers

We are following in Buharis footsteps.

Kai but the Yorubas are greedy o! How can they be president, Vp and want to be president again? While there brothers haven't not even gotten one. No wonder some say they will vote for a Northerner if a Yoruba comes out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by Jman06(m): 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
My only grouse against Osibanjo is that he lacks the balls to talk to Buhari when he's going wrong.
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by orion7: 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

You are right but Osinanjo is stronger than we think.

Even El Rufai cowers before him.
elrufai is a political liability to whatever party he belongs to.

soon he will realise this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by SouthEastFacts: 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
orion7:
elrufai is a political liability to whatever party he belongs to.

soon he will realise this
He already know, he is hiding under Buhari to stay relevant
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
There are many reasons why Professor Osinbanjo is our best bet in 2023, but I will just choose three.

When recession was hitting everyone front and back and His Excellency ran to London to hide from the calamity he brought us into, Professor diligently took us out of recession.

Professor played a role in bringing IPOB and South East Governors Forum to the dialogue table. Their first meeting in August was so successful that we were looking forward to the second in September.

Buhari returned about 2 weeks to the second meeting and declared Op Python Dance immediately.

The operation was termed a military exercise and was scheduled to start on the on 15th Sept, but few days to that Buhari invaded NK's residence destroying every chance for peace.

There are only 3 people that have successfully shut-down Aba in recent times:

Nnamdi Kanu
Uche Mefor (IPOB Deputy Leader)
Yemi Osinbanjo during the Aba Tech Town Hall Meeting. Though it wasn't a total shutdown, but it proves that he is not unpopular as people think.

My only problem with Prof is that he is not doing enough for Christians like Atiku did for the North during the Sharia Crisis and GEJ did for Niger Delta Militants during the MEND-ARMY hostilities (Op Pulo Shield)

Anyway, I stand gidigbam with PYO in 2023 and I am certain even our own Peter Obi will vote for him.

But any El Rufai on that ticket is a HELL NO!!!
I rather have Fayemi than that fake Pastor...

However, it will be very IMPOSSIBLE for Yemi to even win APC ticket or get the blessings of the power bloc in the north due to obvious reasons.

Quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
I just discovered a startling irony on this thread.

Everyone really doesn't mind VP Osibanjo & thinks he is alright...yet he was head of the Economic Management Team, ably assisted by Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor who's been receiving praises on his retirement thread...yet PMB is blamed for the economy because he is a 'dullard'.

President Buhari was indeed vindicated by his landslide victory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by RTSC: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

I don't understand your question, but to summarize what I just wrote up there.

I am voting for Osinbanjo as President in 2023 provided there is no El Rufai on that ticket

He is better than any Northern candidate PDP is planning to field in 2023.
Ogbeni, shut up. Talking nonsense up and down.

How do you know pdp is bringing out a northerner?
Even if pdp is bringing out a northerner, which is highly doubtful, what has osibanjo done for the east?
A pro eastern northern is better than any Yoruba man.
Was he not the same osibanjo asking Yoruba to vote for buhari so as to get the presidency in 2023.,?
You just dey jam talk, portraying the igbo as a talkative.

I wouldn't have replied this thread if not for the fact that some nitwits may take your opinion as an igbo initiative given your user name.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by mightyhaze: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
QuotaSystem:

With Buhari, the SE is as guilty as he is for any accusation of bigotry, hatred or antagonism.

If you think constantly attacking & bloc voting against the North's favorite candidate twice in a row is not divisive, then you're not ready for a real discussion.

PYO will bridge and soothe that animosity on both sides.
warped thinking! so i must go with northern choice in any elections? this must be almajiri patterned democracy. jonathan never got significant votes from the north core,but did dat stop him from running an inclusive govt?did it stop him working to endear himself to the northetners thst kept referring to him as kafir and infidel?did it stop him from building lots of schools to take vagrant kids off the streets of northern nigeria? buhari is simply a divisive ruler. i pray nigeria heals from the effect of his divisiveness in the nearest future after he leaves the scene..

1 Like

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by mightyhaze: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Why so bitter?

A northern President in 2023 would be unhealthy for this nation.
you are right there. we must take it a step further by supporting an igbo president.. thats the right step in the right direction for a truly healthy nation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by RTSC: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
QuotaSystem:
I just discovered a startling irony on this thread.

Everyone really doesn't mind VP Osibanjo & thinks he is alright...yet he was head of the Economic Management Team, ably assisted by Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor who's been receiving praises on his retirement thread...yet PMB is blamed for the economy because he is a 'dullard'.

President Buhari was indeed vindicated by his landslide victory.
Not everyone.

Osibsnjo lost his polling unit, remember. His presence could not do anything. Probably even annoyed the voters more.

The only people hailing him are his own people. He is just as clueless as buhari.

A vote buyer, nothing more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
mightyhaze:
warped thinking! so i must go with northern choice in any elections? this must be almajiri patterned democracy. jonathan never got significant votes from the north core,but did dat stop him from running an inclusive govt?did it stop him working to endear himself to the northetners thst kept referring to him as kafir and infidel?did it stop him from building lots of schools to take vagrant kids off the streets of northern nigeria? buhari is simply a divisive ruler. i pray nigeria heals from the effect of his divisiveness in the nearest future after he leaves the scene..

You are missing the point. More like warped understanding.

The point is your extreme hatred and constant attacks on Buhari contributed a lot to the divisiveness, so the SE is also to blame.

You don't have to agree, but it is a fact.

1 Like

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by RTSC: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
mightyhaze:
I doubt it.
A southern president like Jonathan would be very hard to find.

Buhari has set the precedence. Future presidents would be foolish not to replicate it.
Their regions would eat them alive for failing to do what buhari did.

1 Like

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by Gforce2019: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
gidgiddy:
Osibanjo has very little chance of being President in 2023. The reason is that come 2023, only the SW will vote for him

SW and support of baba buhari is enough....

Let the 2023 presidential campaign begins .....
Oshibajo, 2023 president sure pass
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
[s]
QuotaSystem:

I am with you on this.

Even the north will support him because I'm sure he'll be endorsed by PMB before he leaves.

He is the unifier and healing balm our nation needs.

PYO 2023 is sacrosanct unless God doesn't allow it.
You think Politics is PlayStation 4 abi?

Which structure that PYO has to run a successful Primary election? Do you think Tinubu structure that js restricted in parts of SW and is being challenged in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo states is enough to deliver him?

I hope you aren't expecting PMB to stick head for PYO or endorse him?

NB: Rochas and Amosun will DEFEAT Yemi Osinbajo in any FREE AND FAIR APC PRIMARY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by nwanyionitsha: 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
There are many reasons why Professor Osinbanjo is our best bet in 2023, but I will just choose three.

When recession was hitting everyone front and back and His Excellency ran to London to hide from the calamity he brought us into, Professor diligently took us out of recession.

Professor played a role in bringing IPOB and South East Governors Forum to the dialogue table. Their first meeting in August was so successful that we were looking forward to the second in September.

Buhari returned about 2 weeks to the second meeting and declared Op Python Dance immediately.

The operation was termed a military exercise and was scheduled to start on the on 15th Sept, but few days to that Buhari invaded NK's residence destroying every chance for peace.

There are only 3 people that have successfully shut-down Aba in recent times:

Nnamdi Kanu
Uche Mefor (IPOB Deputy Leader)
Yemi Osinbanjo during the Aba Tech Town Hall Meeting. Though it wasn't a total shutdown, but it proves that he is not unpopular as people think.

My only problem with Prof is that he is not doing enough for Christians like Atiku did for the North during the Sharia Crisis and GEJ did for Niger Delta Militants during the MEND-ARMY hostilities (Op Pulo Shield)

Anyway, I stand gidigbam with PYO in 2023 and I am certain even our own Peter Obi will vote for him.

But any El Rufai on that ticket is a HELL NO!!!
I know you are speaking for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
mightyhaze:
you are right there. we must take it a step further by supporting an igbo president.. thats the right step in the right direction for a truly healthy nation

You guys need to also build alliances with other regions, and stop politics of hatred to ever make that possible.
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by nwanyionitsha: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

You are wrong. I am full blooded Igbo and I will vote for him, same as many Igbo people.
Which many igbos? I know you are speaking for yourself like i commented before.
Abeg, leave 2023 alone. We just finished 2019 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by RTSC: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
What we are waiting for is for buhari to leave the political scene.

Then we will know the strength of a party and their candidates, or those whose political relevance has been artificially inflated by latching on to the second aminu Kano of the north.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]You think Politics is PlayStation 4 abi?

Which structure that PYO has to run a successful Primary election? Do you think Tinubu structure that js restricted in parts of SW and is being challenged in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo states is enough to deliver him?

I hope you aren't expecting PMB to stick head for PYO or endorse him?

NB: Rochas and Amosun will DEFEAT Yemi Osinbajo in any FREE AND FAIR APC PRIMARY.

Lol it isn't PS4, but between the both of us, we both know who's been on a winning streak wink

PMB will endorse PYO barring any conflict in the future, and as long as he has Tinubu's nod; that's all the structure he needs to win both primary and main elections.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by nwanyionitsha: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
ideynl1:
This OP is one the reasons why Igbos are bashed on this forum with his leaky mouth.

He just likes to talk and argue unnecessarily.
The op is a full.

1 Like

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by nwanyionitsha: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Las las you go well. Remove Ndi Igbo from your madness.
Which ndi igbo? Abeg speak for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by nwanyionitsha: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Even if na half, it is for Osinbanjo
Good for you. Refer only to yourself and family. Leave the igbo tribe out of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by SouthEastFacts: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

I rather have Fayemi than that fake Pastor...

However, it will be very IMPOSSIBLE for Yemi to even win APC ticket or get the blessings of the power bloc in the north due to obvious reasons.

Quote me anywhere
Tonye you are a true democrat and an asset to the South, at least here on Nairaland. I am sure you will support a Southern ticket.

Let make it happen please
Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by RTSC: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Lol it isn't PS4, but between the both of us, we both know who's been on a winning streak wink

PMB will endorse PYO barring any conflict in the future, and as long as he has Tinubu's nod; that's all the structure he needs to win both primary and main elections.
Pdp won half the votes in the south west even with tinubu and then cleared the vast majority of the south.
Tinubu will not give you the south. Not in a million years.
He is not recognised outside the south west as recent presidential elections show.
Buhari has been work around that limitation by clearing the north in very large numbers to mitigate the lose.

Unless osibanjo is going to clear the north like buhari did, then his defeat is certain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023 by aljharem(m): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
Balkan:
see this Afonja. Wait it's too early. Osibanjo can never be president. Fulanis will rule Nigeria forever
Okoro you dont have sense. Your candidate is not always the best/right candidate for the south. Insha Allah Presidency is going to Osinbanjo. You have to learn to reach out to other ethnic groups

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku: Women, Youths Worst Hit By APC Failure / BREAKING NEWS: Peter Obi Appoints Four Special Advisers / This Is Etsako Home Town Of Aisha Yesufu Road Don Divide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.