Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) (53561 Views)

Anambra State E-library One Of Peter Obi's Legacies(photos) / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) / See The 4 Flyover Bridges That Ambode Would Construct During His First Term. See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ambode is the best governor Lagos has had in recent times (second to Lateef Jakande though).

A thinking-man's governor. The first thing he did was eliminate the urgent need for a fourth mainland bridge by clearing the bottlenecks at Berger and Oworonshoki. A four-hour trip from V.I. to Ojodu (evening rush hour) was immediately reduced to <45 minutes. He cleared these predatory agencies away from Lagos roads by computerizing their stop & search functions, embarked on major road construction works and blocked all loopholes via which government funds were being pilfered (this was the main reason why he was kicked out).

Nigerians don't even know about, talk less understand the social contract, so they don't know when they are being cheated by their leaders anymore.

Ignorance is the worst type of disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
[s]
GidiWoodsMan:
Ambode is the best governor Lagos has had in recent times (second to Lateef Jakande though).

A thinking-man's governor. The first thing he did was eliminate the urgent need for a fourth mainland bridge by clearing the bottlenecks at Berger and Oworonshoki. A four-hour trip from V.I. to Ojodu (evening rush hour) was immediately reduced to <45 minutes. He cleared these predatory agencies away from Lagos roads by computerizing their stop & search functions, embarked on major road construction works and blocked all loopholes via which government funds were being pilfered (this was the main reason why he was kicked out).

Nigerians don't even know about, talk less understand the social contract, so they don't know when they are being cheated by their leaders anymore.

[/s]

GidiWoodsMan:
Igbo Amaka grin

Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipob nonsense..
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
Let me show you Fashola's 1st term accomplishments..
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:
[/s]

[s]

[s]Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipob nonsense..[/s]

You're such a pathetic bastard. Get out there and earn a honest living instead of licking politicians' arsés on nairaland all year long.

1 Like

Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by persius555(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ambode is a giant scam. Three flyovers in four years of record IGR. And you compare this goat to fashola. Some people are pathetic and would settle for peanut.
Aside from building a few flyovers here and there, please somebody tell me how he has meaningfully impacted the lives of over 20million lagosians.
Most of the decaying infrastructures we see in Lagos were built by previous govts. If the last govts had ignored infrastructures, Lagos will be competing with Akure by now.
I repeat, ambode is a scam.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2019

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S6AF2dDc6MI/AAAAAAAADT8/crjvYVGGXmw/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S6AF2gYqrDI/AAAAAAAADUE/dJGKi5K8ZVg/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S6AF12pMsbI/AAAAAAAADT0/fwCl-EDWvZ0/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S6AF1rXO0XI/AAAAAAAADTs/fS5x0ZmsgDs/s1600/5.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468029_6_jpg18e2999891374a475d0687ca9f989d83

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468024_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468025_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468026_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468027_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468030_7_jpgfe5df232cafa4c4e0f1a0294418e5660

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468031_8_jpg8cda81fc7ad906927144235dda5fdf15

[img]http://1.bp..com/-efqzh-TJNf0/VHhfiQtOFmI/AAAAAAAAFYc/33M7JP8bHkw/s1600/AGEGE%2B001.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-MxckZ5XR6Zo/VHhfy3GzMOI/AAAAAAAAFY8/9lDXHbp6xQQ/s1600/AGEGE%2B005.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/--L9WyawPUFQ/VHhfmnNGM7I/AAAAAAAAFYk/UnUz4Y-98K4/s1600/AGEGE%2B002.JPG[/img]

[img]https://streetoflagos.files./2011/12/lagos-state-waste-management-authority-dmt.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/--5abCLkpkhQ/UE9Yvz10C2I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/PhY6oaGmJAw/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-03hgVQ4kZVg/UE9YwUcL8FI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/4gwUu5U95gw/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-3qEZvKuUGVA/UE9YzRNPiwI/AAAAAAAAARk/yEc1aB-99Qc/s1600/7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-LO-d-Jbkbq8/UE9YxoJPMZI/AAAAAAAAARM/XXeKpduC9dI/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-yulC5Q8CJxs/UE9Yyz7QunI/AAAAAAAAARc/wlHRTp_OL_U/s1600/6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-vFTV_0Msvic/UE9YzyATlhI/AAAAAAAAARs/ijquwtjse6I/s1600/8.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468241_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468243_3_jpg799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/468245_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

Fashola Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/Geographic Information System (GIS)

This is one of my favorite Fashola achievements.

Very visionary and ground breaking.

The man was ahead of Nigeria.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
[s]
GidiWoodsMan:

You're such pathetic bastard. Get out there and earn a honest living instead of licking politicians' arsés on nairaland all year long.
[/s]

Go and scream and yell your frustration at your incompetent, backward and stone age village square leaders.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is just Fashola's first term....All done with less than half of Ambode's budget
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by mechanics(m): 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
I would have wished he returns back as governor.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:

Still the best and the most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria, yet to be duplicated by any government in Nigeria, even the FG.

Construction started in Fashola's first term in office.

Today, with N1 Trillion budget, largest in the history of Nigeria, Ambode is still in flyover league like many poor states in Nigeria.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by Bluntemperor: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
To President Buhari,i hereby recommend Governor Ambode as Your Finance Minister to attract Foreign Funds that we need to turn the Country around.For Ambode,you were not Checking your back, and not HUMBLE enough-,a big lesson and you must know how to play Politics with both elites and the grassroots like Jagaban-Tinubu,Master who brought you in.The one State Fiesta of Lagos-where ALL youth meet annually from different zones and the light- up Lagos will miss you.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
Kingwizzy16:
Because of politics and personal gain, they remove someone that is developing he's state and want to replace him another

Well maybe the next governor will perform more than Ambode
. Guy I am a regressive Igbo APC strong supporter, Ambode deserved what is happening to him, you can not pit the hand that fed and spite on God's anointed and you expect a free access to exit, Ohakimthe then governor of Imo state tried it the a clergy and he met the wrought of the people, mind you APC conducted one of the best primary election in Nigeria, and in all the local government where the primaries was held, Ambode failrd woefully, he only won in Epe
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Bridge for 4 years... It is over

No contribution on heath, road, environment... Health care at state level. Wat!
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by SouthEastFacts: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
MYHUBBY:
I love the fact that he imposed Yoruba language as a compulsory study in Lagos schools from primary to tertiary education. anything aside from that is rubbish because fashola 2years in office beat his 4years hand down

I hope sanwoolu redress the electoral participants law and limit it to the Yoruba tribes only immediately he's sworn in. if sanwoolu can do this, he will have my respect forever
About the imposition of Yoruba language in the tertiary institutions, we don't have a problem with that because in the East, Anambra in particular if you fail to pass GSS (109) you will never graduate and that course can NEVER be waived.

It was a punitive policy and a response to Ambode's stupidity.

About the issue of voting, the madness will never happen.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
That Abule Egba Bridge was a Masterstroke from Ambode.

It made a lot of sense.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by MYHUBBY: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

About the imposition of Yoruba language in the tertiary institutions, we don't have a problem with that because in the East, Anambra in particular if you fail to pass GSS (109) you will never graduate and that course can NEVER be waived.

It was a punitive policy and a response to Ambode's stupidity.

About the issue of voting, the madness will never happen.

see this ewu! if you're so serious with your mud region politics as you're serious with Yoruba politics, would you people handover your region politics in the hand of clowns, incompetent Buffon and a smart thieves you have in East?

we are talking about mandating Yoruba language as etiquette to gain admission in lasu, you're saying thrash. you don't know different between school course and institution entry requirement. even Hausa has their language as general studies course so save that yeye talk abeg
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
MYHUBBY:

see this ewu! if you're so serious with your mud region politics as you're serious with Yoruba politics, would you people handover your region politics in the hand of clowns, incompetent Buffon and a smart thieves you have in East?

we are talking about mandating Yoruba language as etiquette to gain admission in lasu, you're saying thrash. you don't know different between school course and institution entry requirement. even Hausa has their language as general studies course so save that yeye talk abeg

ipob are generally ignorant and unintelligent, their logic is always upside down logic..
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by SouthEastFacts: 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
MYHUBBY:

We mustn't follow your example because we are not slaves.

LASU is a state University, UNIZIK is a Federal Unity, if you don't pass Igbo as a general course you will never graduate.

It is mandatory for all courses whether you are doing art course or not. I think it is only exempted for those studying Igbo.

If you like you use Yoruba language to set the University screening exams, e no concern us, at least Ndi Igbo will return to the East to study and it means IGR lost for LASG, we will only get concerned when you do with UNILAG, a Federal University.

One thing we know is that any anti-Igbo policy by LASG will responded to with a punitive policy. At least unlike before, every Yoruba person in Unizik will have to pass Igbo before graduating, we will never use Igbo to screen the candidates because we need their money.

UNN no even get time for una. Go and ask questions, you can even browse it, it is easier for a camel to pass through a eye of a needle than for a Yoruba to get admission there ever since Ambode introduced his language madness.

Your people don cry tire, lead a protest against the VC, rant on Twitter but we no get una time.

These are Federal Universities ooh. If they hot like this, I wonder how our State Universities go be.

Ambode wanted to punish Ndi Igbo, but we pass am.

After introducing the same language in public secondary schools, how many Ndi Igbo are in public schools?

Just few, so the policy is inconsequential to us.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:
Even with your overly inflated essay, still less than a 1/4 of Fashola's 1st term achievements.. And considering the fact that Ambode's budget is twice Fashola's budget

First, I made it clear that Ambode built upon Fashola’s foundations (after all, government is a continuum)...

Furthermore, the post that I was responding to was not a Fashola vs Ambode post, so it’s befuddling where your comparison emanates from in relation to my post. Nonetheless, since you have now raised that point, my curiosity has been aroused and I would like you to indulge us and list Fashola’s first-term achievements (we know the Lekki Bridge was not in his first term, and obviously not the Blue Line or the Badagry Expressway).
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Well said! cool

Although, in fairness, Lagos has been fortunately blessed with relatively good civilian governors.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:
Let me show you Fashola's 1st term accomplishments..

Dude, some of those projects in your pictures were actually in Fashola’s SECOND term...

For example, Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge was in 2013, Lekki IPP was in 2014, the LAWMA Simpson Street Transfer Station was in 2009, that paving stone production project was in 2013 (it’s even so dated in the picture you posted), etc.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:
This is one of my favorite Fashola achievements.

Very visionary and ground breaking.

The man was ahead of Nigeria.

“Ground breaking”? shocked

Dude, Abuja has had a computerized GIS system since 2003 (that is, EIGHT YEARS BEFORE Lagos), initiated under the Obasanjo government - and I doubt that many rational persons would categorize the then FCT Minister El-Rufai as being “visionary” or “ahead of Nigeria”! LOL!
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

First, I made it clear that Ambode built upon Fashola’s foundations (after all, government is a continuum)...

Furthermore, the post that I was responding to was not a Fashola vs Ambode post, so it’s befuddling where your comparison emanates from in relation to my post. Nonetheless, since you have now raised that point, my curiosity has been aroused and I would like you to indulge us and list Fashola’s first-term achievements (we know the Lekki Bridge was not in his first term, and obviously not the Blue Line or the Badagry Expressway).

1. He is not building on anything and in fact, he's abandoning Fashola's projects, programs and policies left and right.

2. Fashola built water works, power plants, hospitals maternity centers, drivers institutes, skills centers and so on, please show us the ones Ambode built.

3. Ambode abandoned all the housing estate projects that Fashola left behind, including Ilubirin housing estate that Fashola fought GEJ to take over for Lagos state.

4. Ambode totally abandoned and destroyed LAWMA, hence the horrible stench and mountains of garbage all over Lagos state.

5. Lagos Metrol rail is almost dead because Ambode refused to adequately fund the project.

6. State Works and road maintenance is totally dead, hence the horrible pot holes all over Lagos state.

7. I've posted man Fashola's first tern achievements ranging from roads to bridges, waterworks, skills centers, maternity centers, hospitals, schools, drivers institute and so on.

8. Fashola started Lekki Ikoyi bridge in his first term and that bridge remains the best and the most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria till this very second.

So, exactly what is Ambode building on when in fact he's destryoing and abandoning everytghing Fashola left behind.

About JJT Park in Ikeja, please tell us what happened to Fashola and why Ambode refused to include and knowledge Fashola. Was Fashla never a former governor in Lagos state just like Tinubu, Jakonde and Johnson?
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

“Ground breaking”? shocked

Dude, Abuja has had a computerized GIS system since 2003 (that is, EIGHT YEARS BEFORE Lagos), initiated under the Obasanjo government - and I doubt that many rational persons would categorize the then FCT Minister El-Rufai as being “visionary” or “ahead of Nigeria”! LOL!
[/s]

Gov Fashola Commissions Digital Mapping/Geographic Information System Project

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:25 am

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/03/08/gov-fashola-commissions-digital-mappinggeographic-information-system-project/

Fashola commissioned the one in Lagos state back in 2011 and this joker is talking about 2023.

If you are going to lie or make ignorant claims, back if up with facts and documented evidence. You are not dealing with your fellow ignorant Igbos
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by KunleyY19(m): 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

But it’s not just flyovers.

There’s hardly any facet of public life that Ambode has not positively affected (including building upon Fashola’s foundations), from renovating/upgrading public schools, supporting SMSEs through the Employment Trust Fund, the Code Lagos project that is training about 1 million Lagosians, the work training programs of RSW supported by the private sector, artisanal training, the building of several new jetties and dredging/developing proper ferry routes, the home ownership Lagos HOMS scheme, training/recruitment of new graduate teachers, empowering disabled Lagosians through the Lagos Disability Fund and providing employment for qualified ones, as well as ensuring that all the BRT and the new high-capacity buses are wheelchair accessible as are all the new pedestrian bridges, upgrading/equipping primary health care centers and Ayinke House/LASUTH, the Light Industrial Park in Ikorodu and the Imota Rice Mill, the 450 inner roads across all 57 LCDAs, the first-rate Lagos Emergency Response Unit (ERU), the computerized GIS, the computerized vehicle testing services, the forensic testing center, health insurance scheme, the new Onikan Arena and the JK Randle Center, the Airport Expressway (which really should be the responsibility of the federal government), the game-changing Oshodi Interchange, the new terminals at Oyingbo, Ikeja and Yaba, new parks/gardens across the city, et al.

Nigeria will remain deservedly underdeveloped unless we quit rewarding failure and punishing success (however relative). SMDH

He tried Though but the problem is had it been Lagosian hadn't tasted Fashola reign then all this would have been an insurmountable achievement but the guy fucc up...

Fashola paid attention to every details...
Ambode was Lax in upholding basic laws
Lastma all of a sudden became redundant...
LSPWC too etc...

Common Tree planting he couldn't be sustained. Volunteer Group in sec sch eg Boys Scout Etc nosedived...
This are the deeper issues Fashola touched...
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by deomelo: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
KunleyY19:

He tried Though but the problem is had it been Lagosian hadn't tasted Fashola reign then all this would have been an insurmountable achievement but the guy fucc up...

LSPWC too etc...

Common Tree planting he couldn't be sustained. Volunteer Group in sec sch eg Boys Scout Etc nosedived...
This are the deeper issues Fashola touched..

I totally forgot about all that.

Fashola was all over the place.
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ambode is a first class mooron. I'll never forgive the twaat for the nightmare the Lagos-Badagry expressway became after he abandoned Fashola's work and left the road to decay. Among many other Fashola projects he abandoned to pursue his own vanities.

1 Like

Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]Fashola commissioned the one in Lagos state back in 2011 and this joker is talking about 2023.

If you are going to lie or make ignorant claims, back if up with facts and documented evidence. You are not dealing with your fellow ignorant Igbos

Only in the MC Oluomo school of tortured logic does 2011 precede 2003... grin grin grin

https://www.geospatialworld.net/news/nigeria-revamps-abuja-gis-after-11-years/
http://agis.fcta.gov.ng/about/

Such arrogant ignorance is the principal reason that the likes of Tinubu lords over you. SMH
Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2019
KunleyY19:

LSPWC too etc...

This are the deeper issues Fashola touched...

Not sure if you actually live in Lagos, but Ambode appointed one of Nigeria’s foremost environmental activists Bilikisi Adebiyi-Abiola to run LASPARK and several new parks and gardens have been built since. The agency has moved into new headquarters and has modernized its equipment. It is responsible not only for park management but provides tree emergency (if a tree falls in your neighborhood there is an emergency hotline to call) and regular tree pruning services across the city.

Tree planting continues unabated in full-force during the official tree-planting season between April and July, with the stated aspiration of planting 10 million trees pursuant to the agency’s 5-year masterplan. In fact, LASPARK has introduced “community tree-planting” and tree planting exercises pursuant thereto across the 5 divisions and all LCDAs. In addition, last year the agency entered into a CSR agreement with the developer of Reliance Gardens to plant 700 trees along the Lekki Expressway.

Meanwhile, not sure where you get the idea that the Public Works Corporation is dormant, because public work gangs are out almost every night during the dry season fixing roads, street lights, etc. Similarly, just because LATSMA personnel are no longer fighting with drivers (and VIO Inspectors and FRSC are not extorting innocent motorists) does not mean they are”redundant” (for example, VIO now does computerized testing at its several test centers across the city, rather than the previous roadside rubbish). New agencies like the ERU is first-rate (the best anywhere in Nigeria), while the Neighborhood Corps provides much needed neighborhood watch and local intelligence support for the police.

1 Like

Re: 3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 12:53am On Mar 06, 2019
deomelo:
About JJT Park in Ikeja, please tell us what happened to Fashola and why Ambode refused to include and knowledge Fashola. Was Fashla never a former governor in Lagos state just like Tinubu, Jakonde and Johnson?

Why stop at Fashola?
Why not “Johnson Jakande Tinubu Lawal Ukiwe Kanu Mudashiru Otedola Marwa Fashola Ambode Park” for all governors? grin grin grin

Meanwhile, Ilubirin was not abandoned. Rather, it was upgraded from simply another HOMS residential estate to a mixed-use Live-Work-Play project under a PPP arrangement, so that rather than having only residences with all of the residents piling onto the Third Mainland Bridge every morning and clogging up traffic even more than it presently is, people can reside and work within it. See relevant link below.

The real utility of some of the projects pursued by Mr. Ambode are too subtle for the MC Oluomos of this world to grasp (in contrast, someone like Tinubu comprehends it but realizes it cuts off his spigot of patronage), but hopefully folks like you have to capacity to use these posts as TEACHABLE moments and accordingly learn therefrom. But then again, one can only drag the horse to the creek...SMH

https://www.ilubirin.ng/#ourVision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections / Akpabio Wins Senate President Election / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.