Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) (41458 Views)

See The N50 Pepper And Onions I Bought In Kano / Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 300 And 350 Naira Respectively In Nnewi / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by gunnersway(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Smoke2015:
To the average person who cooks, there is a <strong>general method of cooking stew in Nigeria</strong>, which involves blending the pepper, boiling and/or frying. At least this is the method I have always used to make fingerleaking stew...lol.

But a Nigeria Lady on micro blogging social networking site Twitter has shared an interesting, different method, which I have never heard of, prior to seeing her tweet. According to her, instead of blending then boiling the pepper, she boils the pepper raw, then blends.

Some curious Twitter users asked some valid questions, amidst admitting that it was a cooking method they had never heard before and were willing to give it a try. One of the questions was whether or not the pepper would loose all its nutrients in the pre boiling process. The Lady, Louisa Agunbiade responded:

When you boil after blending , it’s exactly the same thing as boiling before blending…you are not required to boil after you’ve blended it…just proceed to make your stew…you cook it for about 10 to 15 minutes so there’s no nutrient getting lost.

Another Twitter user asked if she blends the pepper with the water used for boiling, to which she responded:

I actually let mine get burnt a kit for extra flavor, doesn’t need extra water since it’s soft from boiling, but if it doesn’t blend, add jut a drop of water to get it going .

It is interesting to note that in some responses to her tweet, some Twitter users while acknowledging the method suggested that one can take this method of cooking stew a step further. They opined that the taste of the stew gets an even better flavour by grilling or even baking the pepper before blending instead of cooking. Others suggested that after the boiling, the pepper should be grated or manually grinded using local means or grinding stone for even better taste.

Have you ever heard of this method to cook stew? If no, will you be giving it a try

Lady Shares Interesting Method She Uses To Make Cook Stew - https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/lady-shares-interesting-method-she-uses-to-make-cook-stew/

I don't understand. Is Pepper now the chief ingredient for making stew or tomatoes. Which one is boiling pepper, it should be boiling tomatooooo cos me I am not understanding anything about it any more
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
So what happens to the water used to boil or you allow it to get burnt a little? embarassed
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Bonapart(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
80's method. Something mom use to do every Sunday
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by sonnie10: 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
Y
gunnersway:

I don't understand. Is Pepper now the chief ingredient for making stew or tomatoes. Which one is boiling pepper, it should be boiling tomatooooo cos me I am not understanding anything about it any more
Let me guess. You are neither Yoruba nor you leave in SW. They call all stew ingredients Pepper ( tomatoes, onion, tatashi, pepper and garlic and ginger).

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by kingandamy4life(m): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
EVen before u have sex u ve to boil well if not u cant blend her well, or else she will say ur stew is not swt
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by stblessing(f): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
degelinglacis:
I make my black stew with this method
What's black stew?
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Isoduwa(m): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
we0x:
that's exactly how I make my stew.

Then you are a leaner and a dulling
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Crysthaniel(m): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
this is true creativity...
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by AllenSpencer: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
[s]
Fidelismaria:

Makes no sense

You boil ...then you blend... Then you boil again

Why not just blend then boil

Saves time and gas

One has to be economical in this bubuhari dullardino next level
[/s]

Get over defeat and move on!
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Floryangel8: 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
Yes pepper for donkunu, is prepared that way
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Mcslize: 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
graccce:
The way I prepare mine..
I grind my tomatoes,onions,pepper or sombo, ginger etc
Then boil, filter and start cooking.
Very simple and easy.

I love cooking. You mean you filter off the water? Won't the stew be too thick?
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by salford: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
great. just kill the vitamins and nutrients by overcooking.
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by justmenoni: 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
That's how my neighbours downstairs will be boiling ball peppers on grill up to the point that you'd think they are grilling jazz mtschewww
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by graccce: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=Mcslize post=76379555]

I love cooking. You mean you filter off the water? Won't the stew be too thick?

Filtering the water makes it look pasta and it's makes frying easy.
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by adecz: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
jesvic91:
Nairalanders join me in eating

Amala version of spaghetti!!!

Not for my goodself..

1 Like

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by ghettochild4u(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Here in southie that's wht everyone does as long as u know get any kinda blender....
It doesnt make ur stew any different
Make she no put maggi n prove flavour to us...
Flavour kor.. Tu baba
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by ndidigood(f): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
Adakintroy:
Over sabi.

What then happen to the water inside the tomatoes. Does it expelled during this stage. If it doesn't, what is the point? I will have to steam dry again.

No be my gas abeg.
when u boil and blend the texture and taste of the stew is supberb
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by degelinglacis: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
stblessing:

What's black stew?
It's made with unrope pepper and tomatoes. It's popular with the Remo/Ijebu people
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Weird people everywhere
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by JJOF(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
sonnie10:
This method contradicts simple science, because it should be that the more surface area exposed to heat, the faster the tomatoes would dry.
Now if you blend the tomatoes first, more surface area is created and more efficient use of cooking energy is guaranteed
Oshey, scientist. Mtcheew, no b only cooking energy.

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
I'll pass. It's a waste of time and gas.
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Yuneehk(f): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
jesvic91:
Nairalanders join me in eating
Black spaghetti shocked Probably tastes like the white but I'll pass on this one. Enjoy!
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by sonnie10: 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
JJOF:

Oshey, scientist. Mtcheew, no b only cooking energy.

A real scientist would think science even when he is cooking.
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by wisekings: 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
I no just learn anything here
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
Let's Recover you Lost Ethereum Wallet Password

Have you given up on that your lost wallet? Think it worthless already?
Okay, try this time around to recover your loss. I will help you get into your lost Ethereum Wallet. I also work on Bitcoin and Litecoin but I am better with Ethereum cracking.

The password to the heavily funded wallet is lost! Is that the end of the funds? Is there no way to pull the money out of the system? Yes, this is where the recovery comes in. Without any idea of what the password was, little idea of the password characters or confused why the wallet is not logging in when you enter the password you believed you used repeatedly.
You want to get your password and pull out the funds to somewhere else or sell it, this is the exact service you need!

How does it work?
I will employ all possible cracking and brute-forcing means to collect the password from the Keystore file relying on the hacking and cracking principles and rules that have a massive percentage success rate.
You will need to:
1. Provide the Keystore file to the lost wallet.
2. Provide all the passwords you use and think you must have used to while creating the wallet if you remember any.
3. Provide a standard means of identification *.
4. Provide a proof of ownership of the wallet *

Note * means that it may or may not be requested. However, I / We reserve the right to verify your details and to determine what details are collected from you before working on the project.

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for researching and verifying ownership of the Keystore files given to me but I however strive to maintain sanity by scrutinizing persons with malicious comportment or lack of tangible details in the processes preceding the password recovery project.

FAQ
Can You Do This For Any Ethereum Wallet Account?
I guarantee a 90% success rate. 10% may account to misinformation from the client’s side or alteration in the Keystore file.

How Long Does It Take You To Deliver The Password?
It may take a day or as long as months to deliver the password of the wallet account depending on the security complexity of the password and the information given on the password.

Message me now on my Crypto dedicated Whatsapp, I will share my prepared documentation and proof of ability to do the task.
https:///2347035529669
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Gandollar(f): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
Adakintroy:
Over sabi.

What then happen to the water inside the tomatoes. Does it expelled during this stage. If it doesn't, what is the point? I will have to steam dry again.

No be my gas abeg.
Didn't you read where she said she allows it get burnt a bit for extra flavor? Once you smash the tomatoes into the pot, add Pepper and onions too and boil. The water from the tomatoes cooks everything till it's dry, then you blend and fry a bit if you want. Otherwise, just steam the oil, add paste and meat stock and seasoning and cook for 5mins and you are done.

This method is as old as creation. The blend is really smooth like tinned tomatoes.
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
Saw this on twitter earlier grin funny reading it on NL now
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by clems88(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
It not new . cool my mum does it.
Boil d tomatoes n other , then allow to cool abit after which you blend it .
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
What about blending and sieving the water out? More economical and you can drink the water for all you nutrients activist

Smoke2015:
To the average person who cooks, there is a <strong>general method of cooking stew in Nigeria</strong>, which involves blending the pepper, boiling and/or frying. At least this is the method I have always used to make fingerleaking stew...lol.

But a Nigeria Lady on micro blogging social networking site Twitter has shared an interesting, different method, which I have never heard of, prior to seeing her tweet. According to her, instead of blending then boiling the pepper, she boils the pepper raw, then blends.

Some curious Twitter users asked some valid questions, amidst admitting that it was a cooking method they had never heard before and were willing to give it a try. One of the questions was whether or not the pepper would loose all its nutrients in the pre boiling process. The Lady, Louisa Agunbiade responded:

When you boil after blending , it’s exactly the same thing as boiling before blending…you are not required to boil after you’ve blended it…just proceed to make your stew…you cook it for about 10 to 15 minutes so there’s no nutrient getting lost.

Another Twitter user asked if she blends the pepper with the water used for boiling, to which she responded:

I actually let mine get burnt a kit for extra flavor, doesn’t need extra water since it’s soft from boiling, but if it doesn’t blend, add jut a drop of water to get it going .

It is interesting to note that in some responses to her tweet, some Twitter users while acknowledging the method suggested that one can take this method of cooking stew a step further. They opined that the taste of the stew gets an even better flavour by grilling or even baking the pepper before blending instead of cooking. Others suggested that after the boiling, the pepper should be grated or manually grinded using local means or grinding stone for even better taste.

Have you ever heard of this method to cook stew? If no, will you be giving it a try

Lady Shares Interesting Method She Uses To Make Cook Stew - https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/lady-shares-interesting-method-she-uses-to-make-cook-stew/

Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by gr8gem(f): 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
Mine no need to cook sef, just Blend the tomatoes and pour it in a sieve and allow the water to drain and pour it directly to your pot and cook your stew
Re: Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) by folake4u(f): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
ndidigood:
when u boil and blend the texture and taste of the stew is supberb

Exactly! the taste is amazing and the aroma scintillating cool.

I learnt this method from one of vinegurl cooking thread on NL.

But my mum doesn't like this method sha, she prefers the old one cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato / Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.