Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience (11204 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Visa Officer At Canada's Port Of Entry / Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
I saw this post on quora, Indians and Nigerians are dropping their experience nd it was interesting so I thought of sharing mine here on nairaland you can also share yours it might not be USA............enjoy
Our visa us visa experience was sad,we where actually going for a church convention me, my mom nd my younger sis we arrived at the US embassy at 7:30am our interview is scheduled at 8:45am we queue and did some screening and all that I was extremely happy people where too many I won't lie or I won't exaggerate our number,we where over 500 we they scan our passport we did some security check removing of belt,wristwatch and Co we proceed to the interview room,the queue was too long and everywhere was tight, we where waiting my legs and my younger sis leg was aching we endure it.
Those male consular are not smiling at all blue paper flying all around and that shot was annoying a mother and her daughter was denied visa even after providing all the document asked for, and a father of 4 was rejected he had travel experience to Spain about 12 people was rejected right in front of me I was still happy (my first time) I had no experience then our turn came
V.o:hello good morning
Us:Responded in a cool tone
V.o: sipping her useless coffee she responded with a nice voice
V.o what your purpose of travelling to the state
Us: we are going for convention
V.o: asked for our birth certificate, invitation letter, bank statement
Us: provided everything
V.o: under section blah blah blah blah you are denied visa..
Us: we asked her why
V.o: she said she is not convinced enough
We left in tears actually but…….my first USA experience

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Am yet to receive any update drop your please someone might learn
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by mrsuccessful(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
Eyah! No vex, if US no work try UK you must attend that convention

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Davash222(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
After my Interview at the Chinese embassy in VI, I realized that Short people are always wicked and sadists. The midget Chinese consular that interviewed me can never make Heaven!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by emeijeh(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
I came here to read LIES
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
Davash222:
After my Interview at the Chinese embassy in VI, I realized that Short people are always wicked and sadists. The midget Chinese consular that interviewed me can never make Heaven!!
so china dey deny people visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
mrsuccessful:
Eyah! No vex, if US no work try UK you must attend that convention
actually if you understand what I wrote up there you will see that am still a lad I can't make my travel decision by myself it my dad option
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Davash222(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
Wizplynfrosh:
so china dey deny people visa
Like you said, you're still a kid. When you come of age, you'll understand better. Before then, be a good lad and stay out of troubles.
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by mrsuccessful(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
Wizplynfrosh:
actually if you understand what I wrote up there you will see that am still a kid am 16yrs old I can't make my travel decision by myself it my dad option

Ok, I was just being funny
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by LordBishop07: 1:53am On Mar 06, 2019
What if the consular doesn't ask too much question. A couple n their kids are going to attend a graduation ceremony and the consular just asked this following question
Applicant : Good morning
Consular: No answer….. Arrange your passport neatly…..
What are you going to do in any America this morning?
Applicant : To attend my brother’s graduation ceremony.
Consular : Where?
Applicant: Maryland
Consular : Faces husband…. What do you do?
Husband : Answers that…
Consular : Faces wife…… and you madam what do you do?
Wife: answers that….
Consular: Have you travelled together as a family?
Applicant: No, have been to Romania alone and have been to Ghana with my wife… but not as a whole family…
Consular: Am sorry you dont have the requirement for travelling….. Removes the blue paper and passed with the passport
Applicant : Thank you but please can we know why we have been denied?
Consular: You are not eligible to travel.
The VO was busy typing all through the interview she was not nice at all.
Can this couple reapply and can we think about why they were denied
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 06, 2019
LordBishop07:
What if the consular doesn't ask too much question. A couple n their kids are going to attend a graduation ceremony and the consular just asked this following question
Applicant : Good morning
Consular: No answer….. Arrange your passport neatly…..
What are you going to do in any America this morning?
Applicant : To attend my brother’s graduation ceremony.
Consular : Where?
Applicant: Maryland
Consular : Faces husband…. What do you do?
Husband : Answers that…
Consular : Faces wife…… and you madam what do you do?
Wife: answers that….
Consular: Have you travelled together as a family?
Applicant: No, have been to Romania alone and have been to Ghana with my wife… but not as a whole family…
Consular: Am sorry you dont have the requirement for travelling….. Removes the blue paper and passed with the passport
Applicant : Thank you but please can we know why we have been denied?
Consular: You are not eligible to travel.
The VO was busy typing all through the interview she was not nice at all.
Can this couple reapply and can we think about why they were denied
You can re-apply but it grace to get USA visa now

1 Like

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by fummylolah: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2019
Good Morning,

I had my VISA interview at Lagos Embassy today with my husband and was denied. Felt kind of bad really because I was looking forward to the occasion I was intending to travel for (Graduation of sister in-law in Newyork) but thankful also. it was quiet an experience.

Interview time was 6:45am
Got to the embassy at 6:00am
There were ocean of people there already.

Did the normal process to get access into the building and finally was interviewed by 7:40am

Was interviewed by the black lady in Point 6

TRANSCRIPT

VO: Goodmorning
HUBBY /I: Good morning madam
VO: Can I have your passport?
Hubby: Here it is
V/O: What is your relationship with the person you are going to meet
Hubby: My Baby Sister
VO: Where in America
Hubby: Bronx, Newyork
VO: What do you do for a living
Hubby: I am a Business Man
VO: What type of Business
Hubby: I own an Hotel and Manage the day to day activities
VO: How many kids do you have
Hubby/I: Two children
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Hubby/I: No we have not
V/O: Madam what do you do for a living
I: I am an HR Personnel, I work as the Head, HR/Admin of XYZ
V/O: I am sorry yo are not eligible for....................... (SEEM TO GO DEAF INSTANTLY)

I managed to smile and said thank you.
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
Na wa o
See all these flimsy rejections like say Visa to US na gate to heaven. Smh
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by chukxie(m): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2019
Davash222:

This got me laughing out like a crazed animal. Sorry. Try again next time, you might get the visa.
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 09, 2019
fummylolah:
I would appreciate a reason for your assumption that we are potential immigrant based on the interview script.

It's because if you go, you won't come back!
Even you don't know that yet. But we do.

First time my mom traveled to abuja from d village, she promised to return after just 2 weeks. One month later, mumsy never show. Said she's sorry o, but she's not coming back again. Na so we too pack go join her for there o.

Now imagine a place that's 10 times better than abuja. One of you may just disappear after the convention or graduation and there's nothing the rest of the family can do about it.
No VO will take that chances

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by KendrickAyomide: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2019
fummylolah:
I would appreciate a reason for your assumption that we are potential immigrant based on the interview script.

from your interview, maybe because of the fact that you and your husband has never travelled together
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
oneblackguy:

It's because if you go, you won't come back!
Even you don't know that yet. But we do.

First time my mom traveled to abuja from d village, she promised to return after just 2 weeks. One month later, mumsy never show. Said she's sorry o, but she's not coming back again. Na so we too pack go join her for there o.

Now imagine a place that's 10 times better than abuja. One of you may just disappear after the convention or graduation and there's nothing the rest of the family can do about it.
No VO will take that chances
funny comment

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
from your interview, maybe because of the fact that you and your husband has never travelled together
I will like you to visit quora and see some USA consular answering questions it not about virgin passport or what ever if you have an interview the V.o is your small god all you need is prayer NY dear

4 Likes

Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by manitoba(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
I had my interview last year April.

It was for an Aviation course in USA.

The interview lasted like 5mins but was denied .

I felt very bad after the whole interview and never felt like applying for USA visa again.

It's worthless recounting the transcript.

I just carry myself out of their vex to ' flex ' my hard earned money I would have spent in America.

Thank God other countries are open.

Over time, my mentality have changed about staying permanently in USA.

I can only go there for short visits and return as I like having the best of both worlds.

For now, Nigeria is paying . Lols
Re: How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience by Ugo4hotish(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2019
what could have been wrong ?
Father and son approached the v.o's window.
VO: passports please
Son: (tosses passports to the VO)
VO: who's he to you.
father : yes we're together, I'm going with him
VO: no, I mean who's he to you
Son: he's my father
father : he's my son
VO: what do you do sir?
father : I'm a director of pharmacy at Bleep State University Teaching Hospital
VO: and what of you?
Son: I'm an accounts clerk in same hospital
VO: (typed for long on her computer)
VO: I'm sorry you do not qualify at this moment. (tosses a pink paper and passports back to father and son)
father AND SON ANGRILY LEFT

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada / Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction / Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.