Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) (20839 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo / Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by BABANGBALI: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
It's because we are all on emergency mode

Please note !!!
The correct spelling is
SCHOOL not SCHOOL.
Some people put the second O before the first O which is very wrong.
Very, very wrong!

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
stag:
Once, an ambulance was blaring behind us in traffic, I asked the driver of the vehicle why he didn’t want to give the ambulance chance through and was shocked to hear the driver say..

“Na lie, no emergency body dey inside the ambulance. E wan use scope” shocked

Based driver grin
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by hollywater: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Because we elect illiterate to lead us.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
meobizy:

Once me and others I know hear a siren, we clear from the road.

Imagine being this guy. Imagine thinking that you and the people you know are all that use Nigerian roads grin
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by meobizy(f): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Admin401:

Imagine being this guy. Imagine thinking that you and the people you know are all that use Nigerian roads grin
I would call it being close minded if I didn’t also take into account the other users I see using the road.
I know what I’m saying and I put it right.
What OP wrote is probably a Lagos phenomenon.
Another member gave the possibility.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
On most occasions, there is no patient in the ambulances. Most CMDs device it just to beat traffic

Should give them the benefit of the doubt all the same.

Many Nigerians act as if they let even one car pass them by in traffic the price of bread will quadruple. SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Reference(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
Same reason why a lot of folks refuse to pay taxes.... its called the chicken and egg syndrome. The thinking is 'what comes first, their responsibility or mine'.... society in a raging flux.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Stevengold(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
publicenemy:
They should have their own lanes.

So that trailer go enter spoil there.
Or Nigeria police no go let am rest.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Because the system is not working
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Because politicians, policemen, soldiers and a lot of useless paramilitary agencies have always abused the privilege. So unless you're brandishing a horsewhip or a gun Nigerian motorists won't give way to you.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by SheikhMuniru(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
That Is Why We Need A Flying Emergency Vehicles In Nigeria In case Of Incasity grin
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Reference(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
9jaRealist:

Should give them the benefit of the doubt all the same.

Many Nigerians act as if they let even one car pass them by in traffic the price of bread will quadruple. SMH

One car?....then you either donot drive or live in Nigeria because.
Please Nigerians tell him what comes after the emergency vehicle...

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by michaelwilli(m): 4:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
On most occasions, there is no patient in the ambulances. Most CMDs device it just to beat traffic
You shouldn't be thinking whether there is a patient or not. Just give way. What if there is actually a patient and u don't give way and the patient dies?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by majamajic(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
emergency drivers in Nigeria don't go drivers training,
they drive mostly without map, they don't avoid traffic
they can't even jump smallest pavement
sometimes they will be blowing siren even without any emergency
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
meobizy:
This is one thing about Nigerians.
We never bow out when ovation is high.
We stay long enough till our shine burns out.
OP has made front page repeatedly this week.
Rather than call it a day, he has started creating senseless topics.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t give way to emergency vehicles.
Once me and others I know hear a siren, we clear from the road.
If this debate was true no one for gree make police harass us for road.
Them go siddon the same traffic we dey till thy kingdom come.

Did he stop you from making front page?
For all I know almost all his post kind of educate people like me.
PS = what's the benefits of front page?
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Inasmuch as I don't support blocking a fire service van on an emergency routine still I wnt blame them motorist most of this things are just done to avoid traffic jam, the van might not be heading to anything emergency.... Even police does it most times
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
...because all Nigerians are on emergency mode.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Tapout(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
because they abuse it and we know it.... That's why.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by paparazzi1987(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
stag:
Once, an ambulance was blaring behind us in traffic, I asked the driver of the vehicle why he didn’t want to give the ambulance chance through and was shocked to hear the driver say..

na so average Nigerians dey foolish na.. sad
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by lumzybo: 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
stag:

This here is the reason.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by sunnedee2: 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
I have been asking myself this question.
There was a fire outbreak in my area and i was leading the Fire Service Vehicle.
Could you imagine some motorists refused to give way until the fire truck driver drove so close he almost hit the vehicle in front until the vehicle gave way.

Naija.... My Naija...
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by ojun50(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Every living soul in Nigeria is on Emergency pill so time to waste time
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Thunday1005(m): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote author=Benlight post=76402755]If it was one lifeless politician, or an Army or Mopol convoy with guns and kobokos, no matter how locked the traffic seems, those motorists will definitely give way. You no go know how them take do am. We are our own problem in most cases o.[/quote

Lol
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by meobizy(f): 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Did he stop you from making front page?
For all I know almost all his post kind of educate people like me.
PS = what's the benefits of front page?
There’s something called saturation.
Once a product saturates the market it becomes stale and near worthless.
He has posted so many threads they now appear annoying to my senses.
It’s nice you still learn something from his threads.
I stopped learning after his second front page topic.
I think the only benefit of front page is a high view count and likes.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
meobizy:

There’s something called saturation.
Once a product saturates the market it becomes stale and near worthless.
He has posted so many threads they now appear annoying to my senses.
It’s nice you still learn something from his threads.
I stopped learning after his second front page topic.
I think the only benefit of front page is a high view count and likes.

Noted.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Vince77(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
BABANGBALI:

Please note !!!
The correct spelling is
SCHOOL not SCHOOL.
Very, very wrong!

You are just sick. grin grin grin
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by kutashi: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
Everybody is always on emergency in Nigeria! As u see everybody on that road, they are all in emergency.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by eneojoedu(m): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
give way for truck wey water no dey
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by CaptainFM1: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Foremost, we need orientation in this country. Abnormal practices have turned normal way of life to most Nigerians.

Secondly, the word "Emergency" has also been abused by many emergency services. Most of them render lip or eye services.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by olabayemiji(m): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nigerian can not give way for Emergency vehicle like (Fire Service, Hospital Ambulance etc) but they give way to politician and rich Guy's....

Nigeria work opposite Normal live...

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
BABANGBALI:

Please note !!!
The correct spelling is
SCHOOL not SCHOOL.
Very, very wrong!

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by ashantitope: 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
The reason is that some ambulance do lie but am talking about myself oooo I always give them way whenever am driving and I saw them coming behind me any emergency I must give way because I do remember when am talking my mum to hospital before she died so I must give way too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight / Aero Slashes Fares To N13,000 Starting 1st August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.