Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) (20820 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo / Why Is The Word AMBULANCE Spelt Backwards On Emergency Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
The only thing majority of Nigerians understand is force.

If koboko never comot or dem never see gun, na so dem go dey do like goat wey dem dey pursue for cassava farm

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by dynamic007(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
I think we can reasonably come to the conclusion that in Nigeria, the sound of any siren doesn't necessarily mean an emergency.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Awoleesu(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Because every driver on the average Nigerian road is also an "Emergency case"...

Where every vehicle is 'emergency', so who gives way to whom? cool
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Ishilove: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
R2bees:
GIVE WHICH WAY?... ALL OF US GET WHERE WE DEY GO JARE.. WE DIE HERE!!!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by chigoizie7(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
because those drivers handling those emergency vehicles has bastardized and abused it to the extent that no one takes them serious anymore.

can u imagine a siren blaring loudly , then you cleared for them to pass only to see the stupid driver parked somewhere along the road to buy food.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Akotad(m): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
Do You Want To Run Facebook Ad For Your Business?
Do Have Issues In Turning Visitors To Regular Customers?
Are You Planning To Own A Website For Your Business?
Are You Planning To Own A Blog And Become A Blogger?
Do You Wish To Own An E-Commerce Website (i.e Online Store)?
Do You Want A Killer Content That Will Attract Visitors To Your Blog?
We Can Make A Video For Your Business To Attract More Visitors
We Offer Bulk SMS Services @ The Best Price

We Offer All These Services Professionally And At Affordable Prices @ ADEKAB KONSULT
You Can Contact Us: Call/Whatsapp (+2349034877388)
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by StephenJoseph(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
haywire07:
If their siren is on, drivers definitely make way for them.

Asides that, if the siren is on, they could take an abnormal route and not get locked in an holdup .
Any emergency driver that follows a traffic slowly ought to lose his job asap

True talk. If the siren is on, drivers need give way immediately but sometimes the emergency truck could be coming back from an operation and the driver of such truck may decide to follow traffic rules or they can take another route which is less passable by other vehicles/motorcycle/tricycle

Same Case applies to Ambulance vehicles
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by akinbayoabayom(m): 12:03am On Mar 07, 2019
;Dbadt guy
R2bees:
GIVE WHICH WAY?... ALL OF US GET WHERE WE DEY GO JARE.. WE DIE HERE!!!
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by cooltola(m): 3:18am On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by frozen70(f): 6:04am On Mar 07, 2019
If the government have thought of this very well, and have value for humans

They would have created a lane dedicated to only, firs service, ambulance, bullion vans, medicals

On this route, the above meantioned names have vehicles with special colours

They will be the only one to ply that route because of the essential services they render to human life

That means making safety our priority
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
Reference:
One car?....then you either donot drive or live in Nigeria because.
Please Nigerians tell him what comes after the emergency vehicle...

Not talking about emergency vehicles, ANY car at all...
Whether you are pulling out of a building or side street, many Nigerian drivers lack the basic civility to share the road. SMH
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
meobizy:

I would call it being close minded if I didn’t also take into account the other users I see using the road.
I know what I’m saying and I put it right.
What OP wrote is probably a Lagos phenomenon.
Another member gave the possibility.

It’s definitely a Lagos phenomenon...
Lagos can sometimes feel like an asylum where insanity is the norm. grin
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by Slimsly100(f): 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Wey road wet go give dem better chance to pass na
Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) by tussmal(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

It was a traffic scene that featured a Fire Service Vehicle.

Ostensibly, It was on an emergency run.

Its lights were flickering and the siren blaring.

Yet, it somehow succeeded in being stuck in a traffic gridlock along the Surulere Industrial Road/Adeniyi Jones road in Ikeja.

No motorist on that route seemed the least interested in giving way for the emergency vehicle to pass.

Sadly, the time was around 8 am, on a Monday morning – one of the most notorious rush hour periods in Lagos state.

For all we know, the Fire service truck could have been racing to a building that is being consumed by inferno.

The emergency vehicle was eventually left with no choice but to exercise patience and then go with the traffic flow.

This begs the salient question: why do we find it difficult to spare a minute to grant emergency vehicles access in traffic?

Are we that much in a hurry to get to our destinations in Lagos?

Or could it be distrust because of often abuse of such privileges by emergency workers?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/why-dont-nigerians-give-way-to-fire-service-service-trucks-or-other-emergency-workers-in-traffic-see-photos/

Hi Seun Osaniwa,

I would like to send a DM to you but there is no means here to do that. First I have a issue with the following link and your insight and contribution will be of great assistance to me;

I can be reached on tussmal@gmail.com or tussmal@yahoo.com.

regards,
Ademola Afolayan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Molue": Will You Miss It? / 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Aero Slashes Fares To N13,000 Starting 1st August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.