Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? (439 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / This Is Punishment God Would Give To Illegitimate Children And Their Parents / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by GreatResearcher: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Deut 23:2
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by greatnaija01: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
Well,
To keep His people, the physical nation of Israel, pure and strong, God forbade an illegitimate child from holding a public office. This may have included other reasons, but generally referred to offspring from any of the prohibited marriages mentioned in Leviticus 18 and 20.

We should keep in mind that Old Testament Israel was an unconverted, carnal people whose interests were purely physical.
Today, however, God is building a spiritual Family (I Pet. 2:5, 9) rather than a physical one. Every individual will have a chance to become a part of this Family depending on how he lives his own life. A child will not be denied eternal life due to his parent’s sins, nor will a parent lose out on salvation because of his child’s sins. A person’s relationship with God is entirely dependent on his or her own actions. (You may wish to read Jeremiah 31:29-30 and Philippians 2:12.)

Christ commands Christians to worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). Therefore, a person’s physical ancestry will not prevent him from being called into God’s Family. In the Old Testament, God had chosen one nation to work with. Today, we know that people of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds may enter His Family, upon real repentance and baptism. Please read Acts 17:30, Galatians 3:28-29 and II Peter 3:9.

HOPE THIS IS CLEAR

GreatResearcher:
Deut 23:2

1 Like

Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by ezebrain: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
It is not a legitimacy of a person that will take him to Paradise when he will depart this earth. It is the type of life he led while on earth; the good service he renders to others, the nature of his thought, words and deeds, that is what counts.

That is why Christ came on earth to teach us how to live good life so that when we die, we will not find ourselves in the bad region.
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by Anas09: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
greatnaija01:
Well,
To keep His people, the physical nation of Israel, pure and strong, God forbade an illegitimate child from holding a public office. This may have included other reasons, but generally referred to offspring from any of the prohibited marriages mentioned in Leviticus 18 and 20.

We should keep in mind that Old Testament Israel was an unconverted, carnal people whose interests were purely physical.
Today, however, God is building a spiritual Family (I Pet. 2:5, 9) rather than a physical one. Every individual will have a chance to become a part of this Family depending on how he lives his own life. A child will not be denied eternal life due to his parent’s sins, nor will a parent lose out on salvation because of his child’s sins. A person’s relationship with God is entirely dependent on his or her own actions. (You may wish to read Jeremiah 31:29-30 and Philippians 2:12.)

Christ commands Christians to worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). Therefore, a person’s physical ancestry will not prevent him from being called into God’s Family. In the Old Testament, God had chosen one nation to work with. Today, we know that people of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds may enter His Family, upon real repentance and baptism. Please read Acts 17:30, Galatians 3:28-29 and II Peter 3:9.

HOPE THIS IS CLEAR

Pls can you explain why the Covenant Jehovah made with Israel from Abraham is unbreakable and eternal?
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by greatnaija01: 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
why HE MADE THE COVENANT or WHY IT IS UNBREAKABLE?
WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION?
Anas09:

Pls can you explain why the Covenant Jehovah made with Israel from Abraham is unbreakable and eternal?
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by Anas09: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
greatnaija01:
why HE MADE THE COVENANT or WHY IT IS UNBREAKABLE?
WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION?
Both.
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by greatnaija01: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
ASK GOD.

Anas09:

Both.
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by Anas09: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
greatnaija01:
ASK GOD.

I hope you know that you and i are on the same side? I am not taking a stand against you, i'm only asking based on your answers.

Your response seems to say the Nation of Israel and what ever God did with them ended with Christ, hence, i asked the question i asked.

If you take this position, then you shd from scriptures know the mind of God concerning these matter.

Do we really understand the spiritual meaning of adultery? If we do, then we'll understand the fate of the children who comes from that Union spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by greatnaija01: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
YES SIR, I REALLY UNDERSTAND YOU.

I ONLY SAID YOU SHOULD ASK GOD BECAUSE,
CHRIST JESUS IS THE MEDIATOR AND THE TWO COVENANTS WERE MADE ONE IN CHRIST.

ISRAEL's covenant with GOD had no qualification from Israel's side... but rather it was GOD who of His own CHOICE chose them.

Through JESUS, God merely EXTENDED the offer to the entire world and fortified it with better ASSURANCE.

Anas09:

I hope you know that you and i are on the same side? I am not taking a stand against you, i'm only asking based on your answers.

Your response seems to say the Nation of Israel and what ever God did with them ended with Christ, hence, i asked the question i asked.

If you take this position, then you shd from scriptures know the mind of God concerning these matter.

Do we really understand the spiritual meaning of adultery? If we do, then we'll understand the fate of the children who comes from that Union spiritually.
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by advocate666: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
greatnaija01:
Well,

HOPE THIS IS CLEAR

If the racist xenophobic god wasn't an illiterate he would know that intra tribal marriage limits the gene pool thus increasing the chances of babies born with genetic deformities.
Re: Will Illegitimate Children Go To Heaven? by Anas09: 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
greatnaija01:
YES SIR, I REALLY UNDERSTAND YOU.

I ONLY SAID YOU SHOULD ASK GOD BECAUSE,
CHRIST JESUS IS THE MEDIATOR AND THE TWO COVENANTS WERE MADE ONE IN CHRIST.

ISRAEL's covenant with GOD had no qualification from Israel's side... but rather it was GOD who of His own CHOICE chose them.

Through JESUS, God merely EXTENDED the offer to the entire world and fortified it with better ASSURANCE.

This, in other words means that the Nation of Israel is the center, the stem, while we, the gentiles are the grafted wild olive branches?

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria / T.B. Joshua, World’s ‘most Powerful Minister’ — American / God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.