Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Publishing On The Cheap - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Publishing On The Cheap (673 Views)

Publishing On Createspace And Lulu / Ebook Publishing In Nigeria - How Does It Help Authors and our Future? / Is Authorhouse Publishing Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Publishing On The Cheap by marjo: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,

can anyone tell me how to get a book published. My dad wrote a book on self help and communities developing themselves using my village as a case study. He was a champion of village development using self-help methods where the govt does not seem to be willing or capable. i helped him type the manuscript. he's grown old and seems to have lost interest in the whole project not to mention the financial implication. he doesn't seek to do it for gain but more to add the body of knowledge within the country.

recently I've considered publishing for him and want to know how to go about it. do you know any publishers that don't charge an arm and a leg or that can do a manuscript etc.

I welcome your replies.
Re: Publishing On The Cheap by timpaker(m): 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2010
hey yah. sowee!!
Re: Publishing On The Cheap by dshalom: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2010
The culture of community self help particularly in igbo land has not been properly documented, i think this is a good idea, improve on the content drawing examples from other communities, type the manuscript then approach UNESCO or USAID or BRITISH COUNCIL, am very certain that one of the international bodies will pick interest. I might not have given u a good answer but believe me you are sitting on an oil well.

gudluck and shalom
Re: Publishing On The Cheap by wumifab(m): 4:45am On Sep 23, 2010
call a publishing house on 08059864322, they can help if your work is good. they published "a heart to mend" in nigeria and a host of others. check the list below of some

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Help To Choose Btw Two Book Covers / Pls I Need This Book / Have A Great Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.