Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 (3036 Views)

Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman / Migrants Including Nigerians Allowed To Enter Europe After 18 Days. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by gottliebglobal(m): 2:28am On Mar 09, 2019
Considering how easily you can score dirt cheap flights to Europe these days, the prospect of booking a last-minute jaunt overseas isn't as far-fetched as it may have once seemed. However, taking a last-minute Eurotrip is about to get considerably more complicated, because Americans will soon need to apply for a visa in order to visit many European countries.
Starting on January 1, 2021, Americans will need a special visa in order to visit 22 different European countries, per new guidelines just issued by the European Commission, a body that oversees the day-to-day business of the European Union. These new visas, known as the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS), will be enforced in an effort to improve border security. Any travelers who haven't applied for and been granted a valid ETIAS before their trip will not be allowed to board a plane or cruise ship bound for any of the countries where they're required, according to a report by Travel & Leisure. 
Fortunately, the application process for these new visas seems pretty simple, and once you have one, it's valid for three years. To get one you'll just need to fill out an online application and answer a series of "biometric, travel, and security-related questions." The approval process will take about four days, and you'll get the visa (as long as you're approved) via email. 
While not every country in Europe will require Americans to have a valid ETIAS visa to visit, some of the most popular destinations, including France, Germany, Spain, and Italy, will. Here's a full list of the 22 countries that will enforce them.
• Austria
• Belgium
• Luxembourg
• Netherlands
• Germany
• France
• Spain
• Portugal
• Sweden
• Finland
• Denmark
• Lithuania
• Latvia
• Estonia
• Poland
• Slovakia
• Hungary
• Slovenia
• Italy
• Greece
• Czech Republic
• Malta
In addition to filling out the online application, you'll also need to have a valid passport and a credit or debit card to get an ETIAS visa. There will be a fee involved as well, but it's not clear how much they'll be just yet. Also, if for some reason your visa is denied, you will have the opportunity to appeal it. 
So, if you've been dreaming of pulling off a quick last-minute weekend trip to Paris, you may want to get on that before 2021

SOURCE
Thrillist.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by banom(m): 3:09am On Mar 09, 2019
is good. let them experience what others are experiencing in applying for their own visa.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 4:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Interesting!...This does not require the US applicants visiting those European countries embassies.

I guess those European countries are trying to reciprocate to and similar the US ESTA visa waivers requirement they are using to travel to the US.

The US will respond to them very soon.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by gottliebglobal(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
banom:
is good. let them experience what others are experiencing in applying for their own visa.
As you have read. You can apply online. You don't need to physically go to the embassy as it is obtained in other countries.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by gottliebglobal(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
Beautyaddy:
Interesting!...This does not require the US applicants visiting those European countries embassies.

I guess those European countries are trying to reciprocate to and similar the US ESTA visa waivers requirement they are using to travel to the US.

OH YEAH. The US will certainly reciprocate the gesture.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by gottliebglobal(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
banom:
grin
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by KendrickAyomide: 3:39am On Mar 10, 2019
idiots. what makes them think they are number one? Thank God my darling Austria is among.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Ugosample(m): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2019
gottliebglobal:
OH YEAH. The US will certainly reciprocate the gesture.
USA started with ESTA
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by OyinbowithaTan(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
Good. USA will respond the same and needs to adjust their visa waiver program, long overdue.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by gottliebglobal(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ugosample:

USA started with ESTA
ESTA is not a Visa. It is a registration process to ascertain eligibility under the Visa Waiver program.
Don't get it twisted.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ugosample:

USA started with ESTA

This is not true!

It was Australia that started with the ETA in 1996.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Ugosample(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

This is not true!
It was Australia that started with the ETA in 1996.
I'm taking between USA and Europe
bilateral relations

1 Like

Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by maternal: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
Most Americans won't care honestly.

1 Like

Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

I'm taking between USA and Europe

bilateral relations

Ok. But there is also bilateral relationship between Australia and the US...the same way it goes between UK and the US.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
maternal:

Lol!...why do you say that?

I don't think that is true.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Mancala: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I would tend to agree that most won't care if it works as advertised. Its a very simple online process that should take like 10 minutes or less, just like getting a tourist card to for example the Dominican Republic. Fill in your information, enter a cc number, hit send and you're approved in minutes. I have seen people fill out their US ESTA at Heathrow airport last minute at the checkin counter and get instantaneous approval. Not a big deal.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by maternal: 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Most Americans don't even have a passport. Only business officials or adventurous oyibo will do all this.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
maternal:

Most Americans don't even have a passport. Only business officials or adventurous oyibo will do all this.

Lol!...that is not entirely true.

And most of the "adventurous oyinbos" are Americans.

However, I do kind of agree that most African Americans might fall into that category of not having a US passport.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Mancala: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

However, I do kind of agree that most African Americans might fall into that category of not having a US passport.

Maternal is right. Majority of Americans do not have passports. The stats are approximately 36% of the population have passports (compared to about 60% in Canada and 75% British). The average American does not leave the country and is uninterested about anything outside America. In fact, it is not difficult to meet Americans who have not even left their state. I kid you not. I know quite a few middle aged folks who have never left their state of residence.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Bracha: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
The US needs to take several seats. They are always responding and reciprocating; reminds me of a child constantly throwing temper tantrums.

Beautyaddy:

Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mancala:

Maternal is right. Majority of Americans do not have passports. The stats are approximately 36% of the population have passports (compared to about 60% in Canada and 75% British). The average American does not leave the country and is uninterested about anything outside America. In fact, it is not difficult to meet Americans who have not even left their state. I kid you not. I know quite a few middle aged folks who have never left their state of residence.

Hmmm...interesting.

Anyone knows why that is the case?
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Bracha: 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2019
Exactly! Because most of them don’t travel.

maternal:
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Bracha: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
No really, most Americans won’t care. Yes there are the adventurous ones, but they are very few. I think the Brits travel more than Americans (I could be wrong here)

Beautyaddy:

Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
Bracha:
No really, most Americans won’t care. Yes there are the adventurous ones, but they are very few. I think the Brits travel more than Americans (I could be wrong here)

You're kind of right.

One of the reasons might be due to the reason that in the UK they have more paid vacations days than the US.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Bracha: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ah.. I see

Beautyaddy:

You're kind of right.

One of the reasons might be due to the reason that in the UK they have more paid vacations days than the US.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by maternal: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...interesting.

Everything you need, especially in America, is in North America. Going to see Queen Eliza or old buildings with narrow streets just doesn't get North Americans excited.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by maternal: 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Bracha:
Exactly! Because most of them don’t travel.

That's my point.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Beautyaddy: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
maternal:

Everything you need, especially in America, is in North America. Going to see Queen Eliza or old buildings with narrow streets just doesn't get North Americans excited.

Lol!! grin
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by veleta: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
Most Americans not travelling to Europe/UK for vacation is basically because of distance and cost of air ticket.Same thing applies to Brits too,majority of their vacations are in Europe because of proximity.Just very few rich and adventurous amongst them go to North America and Asia for vacation.
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by Mancala: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...interesting.

Its the American way of life, LOL,.... Life Begins and Ends in America! Its almost like eveything you need is here, you don't need to go anywhere. If you live here and you want to experience another country, just go to another region. For example, for people in the Midwest or NorthEast, the South, Texas and West Coast (California especially) are totally different countries. In Miami, you can take a walk down the street and not hear a word of English grin

But I noticed that this lack of interest is changing with the younger generation. They are travelling more and wanting to experience the world more than their parents
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by SkinnyNigga: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2019
maternal:
most Americans dont own an international passport
Re: Americans Will Need Visa To Enter Europe By 2021 by dotcomnamename: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
This should have been in front page ffs... Smh for Moderator

(1) (2) (Reply)

Residence Permit,how Long / HELP: How Can I Get To Eric Moore Road From Mile 2 / Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.