Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori (18526 Views)

2023: Okowa Proved Atiku Was Right To Pick Him As Running-Mate - Oke Umurhohwo / 2023: Okowa, Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed In Closed-Door Meeting In Asaba / Falana Criticizes FG, Says Ibori Loot Belongs To Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2019
introvertme:

See the way you dey hype the useless okowa.

Keep praising mediocrity.
No mind them, our ppl no kuku get sense. Okowa of all ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by wink2015(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2019
eldoradoxx:
We have an unwritten political agreement in Delta State that each Senatorial Zone should rotate the Governorship seat for 2 terms each. But apparently Urohobos like the Hausa-Fulanis don't seem to want to buy the idea that Delta belongs to three major groups who battled to procure that State from the grip of the Binis when we were together as Bendel State. Infact if not for Miriam Babaginda, General Babaginda's wife Delta would still be a colony for the Binis to dominate and rule. That said, from 1999 till date Delta North and South Senatorial Zones have always supported this two terms agreement except the Urohobos who want to produce Governor every four years. In 1999 to 2007 when an Urohobo James Ibori was Governor, the other two zones supported him twice. When it was the North of Delta South/ Uduaghan from 2007 to 2015, Delta Central/ Urohobos still brought Ignoring to run against Uduaghan. Uduaghan lost in all of Delta Central except Oghara because of Ibori's influence. The same thing happned in 2015 when it was Delta North's turn to do their 8 years, again they brought out Ogboru and massively voted for him. It took the agreement between Delta North and Delta South to keep Delta Central in check. I think this same will betrayal will happen this Saturday, but I count on Delta North and Delta South which have majority of the votes combined as against Delta Central to keep the Central in check today. That consensus between Delta North and Delta South to maintain zoning is the secret why Ogboru/ Delta Central has lost all elections since 2003 till date. They will have to wait till 2023 when it is their turn, u cannot jump queues when u don't have the power to fight the backslash.

Since the political arrangement that you just talked about is unwritten that is a pointer to the fact that it is undemocratic. Let it be set aside and follow the democratic principles.

Delta state should not be turn into a one party state by way of PDP turn by turn geopolitical zoning.

My take here is that Delta state should go for the most competent governor.

The elected governor must be a father to all parts of the state and carry all parts along in its development projects.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2019
21Bandit:

I for argue with you...
But you speak like a mad man..lemme save my strength.

You asking me what lbori did.
What uduaghan did.

I laugh at you.

The uduaghan bus you dey enta Na wetin..

The free maternity uduaghan did Na wetin..

All these minority people with half baked sense coming here and spilling rubbish....I save my strength cause he nor go hard me find you.

Uduaghan is currently alleged to be the worst governor ever produced by Delta State.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by fratermathy(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2019
odigbosky:
zoning gives opportunity for the best candidate in a senatorial zone to come out if played well. I am Edo/Delta. I be Oghara boy to be precise. Many urhobos are not happy with okowa. they weren't happy with uduaghan either. i feel they believe they own the state. I don't want to say they are greedy but if i wonder how close they are with the isokos but yet because of political interest they threw the isokos into delta south to struggle with the ijaws and itsekiris i have no regret to support the zoning formula.

Let Delta North complete their turn.

Urhobos didn't throw Isokos to Delta South. They opted to be there. They felt that Urhobos will swallow them up in Delta Central and so they believed Delta South will favour them best. Unfortunately, they did not quickly realise that they were going to be sandwiched by two politically savvy ethnicities who still consider them an appendage of Urhobo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by fratermathy(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2019
ijeabom:

Urhobo is Delta Centre

Urhobos are present in Delta South too. Specifically, in Warri South and Patani LGAs (this is not even taking consideration of some satellite Urhobo bases in Isoko). Furthermore, Urhobos are still in Bayelsa. Indeed, the current senator elect for Bayelsa West is an Urhobo man.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2019
See an ex convict talking.. Yeye dey smell .
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by oruma19: 9:24am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I know as you are talking now you are not in your village in Delta all of you want to come Lagos .Lagos is like heaven to you guys in South-South and southeast if Lagos is like underdevelopment like other states you guys would have not make any move to come here. Its an insult to compare Tinubu with criminal like James ibori.all the people Tinubu present they are performing extra ordinarily. Tinubu is better than all those rogues politicians in all ramifications.
i understand tho, u shall soon realise u v been the fool all the years. What a life.. Slave to the bullion van politician.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by UNDPnigeria: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2019
21Bandit:

You they forget say urhobo still they delta south

Ona eye go clear oshare

Just like pockets of Itshekiri and Ijaw still dey Delta Central.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Simbrixton(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Going by the write up Uduaghan represented Ijaw people
uduaghan is itshekiri

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by UNDPnigeria: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2019
JeffSiberstein:

Shut ur mouth. Am an Urhobo from Ughelli South.

Ibori the odidigboigbo of Africa has the best political formula in Nigeria. Each senatorial zone has produced the last three governor's in Delta State.

Ibori - Delta Central made up of only the urhobos. 1999-2007

Uduaghan - Delta South made up of the Ijaws, Itshekiris and Isokos. 2007-2015

Okowa - Delta North made of the Aniomas, Ikas, Kwales etc. 2015-2023

An urhobo governor from Delta Central - 2023-2031

If what ibori did in Delta State is replicated in the country, Nigeria will be a better place.

So no hope for APC in this election since their candidate is an urhobo man who only comes home when there is an election.

Wonderful piece.

Delta North as an entity is known as Anioma, be they Ika, Ukwani, Ndokwa, Oshimili or Aniocha.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by EvilMetahuman: 9:29am On Mar 09, 2019
Polchiz:

Your jagaban is nothing but a local champion who enjoys being used by his Fulani masters to deliver Yoruba votes.
Unfortunately, they always dump him after the election. I am waiting patiently for your jagaban to contest for president.
lmao local champions indeed. im sure you laughed after posting this crap.

-jagabans minion is your minister of information
-jagabans minion is your minister of work.
-jagabans minion is your minister of housing.
-jagabans minion is your minister of power.
-jagabans minion is the freaking vice president.

should i continue?

he can decide to instruct his minions not to do jack in your state and nothing will happen.

even if pdp wins again and run delta state to the ground like they have been doing for the past 20 years, would that stop jagaban from determining what goes on in delta at the federal level?
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Eliteklaus(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But why a criminal decide their future over there?its shall never well with Jonathan that gave this man state pardon.
to curse people just dey sweet you, where President Jonathan for give Ibori pardon? Mouth go just dey scratch you. Political illiterate

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by gracious4real: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2019
this ex convict no go shut up.mumu
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 9:31am On Mar 09, 2019
Simbrixton:
uduaghan is itshekiri

His senatorial zone has Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaw in it.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by masterpiecer(m): 9:33am On Mar 09, 2019
garfield1:

That's where pdp may use and win ogboru.but am hearing rumors of heavy federal support to ogboru.i just hope its true.

Bros its no rumor, he has great federal support, more over Delta is one of the south south states APC is very interested in. And don't forget Ogboru has some ties with Oshomole.

It's already too late for pdp in Delta dis time
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 9:36am On Mar 09, 2019
fratermathy:

Urhobos are present in Delta South too. Specifically, in Warri South and Patani LGAs (this is not even taking consideration of some satellite Urhobo bases in Isoko). Furthermore, Urhobos are still in Bayelsa. Indeed, the current senator elect for Bayelsa West is an Urhobo man.

Leave them people may nor know history go come here and be talking rubbish...

Urhobo they each of the senatorial zone...

That aside ogburu is coming....

The rigging go sure..

Shey pdp go rig like the way dey do 2007'2015

Eyes will be clear sooner than later
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by darfay: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2019
fratermathy:

Please what are the urhobo bases in isoko
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by iokpebholo: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2019
masterpiecer:

Bros its no rumor, he has great federal support, more over Delta is one of the south south states APC is very interested in. And don't forget Ogboru has some ties with Oshomole.

It's already too late for pdp in Delta dis time
u mean oshiomonle the crook?

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Calebbold: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Zoning actually helps, but for Ibori ~ Oghara will not have been developed as it is now. Visited Agbor about 2 years ago and Okowa was practically digging up the old Benin - Agbor road and building a new expressway. By the time he is finished and an Ijaw man takes over, hopefully massive infrastructural development will reach Burutu, Forcados and other places.

Most south south people are disappointed with GEJ because Otuoke and other south south places have little to show for while he was in power. He was erroneously wasting resources building almajiri schools that are desolate today. See east ~ west road now, totally abandoned and deteriorating.

Almost all the roads in agbor have been tarred....down to farm roads....I can tell you this is the best thing that has ever happened to agbor since the inception of democracy in 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Babacele: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2019
AreaFada2:

It is only a preganant woman who had sex.
Tinubu, Amaechi, Akpbabio and many stole more than Ibori. Ghandollar is still at it.
Almost every objective Deltan will tell you that Ibori performed the best in office.

All our politicians are corrupt. Just a matter who at least did something tangible.

GEJ is the disease worrying zombies. They are mostly tribal bigots from the usual parts of Nigeria.
do u understand English at all? poor comprehendo! I said it wasn't GEJ that pardoned Ibori!!! What is difficult to grasp in that sentence? For your info ,it GEJ through OBJ help that sent Ibori to that UK jail! oya apologize.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Babacele: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Eliteklaus:
to curse people just dey sweet you, where President Jonathan for give Ibori pardon? Mouth go just dey scratch you. Political illiterate
I just tire o.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by BuhariAdvocate: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2019
I wish I can meet you in real life you deserve 100 lashes of cane.After that maybe your Brain could restore.
oruma19:
i understand tho, u shall soon realise u v been the fool all the years. What a life.. Slave to the bullion van politician.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Babacele: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2019
professorchuks:

Laughing in Swahili. Shey fed might dey decide Delta state? Wait till Onitsha guys enter Asaba con vote. U go knw weda federal might dey exist for Delta. Oshiomole has been in asaba because he knows what will happen, even buhari no fit rig am.
naso una push Atiku,Fayose, Saraki etc enter political ditches o. See Fed Gov go open eye dey allow PDP dey rig abi? una eye go clear again today.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by darfay: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
lmao local champions indeed. im sure you laughed after posting this crap.

-jagabans minion is your minister of information
-jagabans minion is your minister of work.
-jagabans minion is your minister of housing.
-jagabans minion is your minister of power.
-jagabans minion is the freaking vice president.

should i continue?

he can decide to instruct his minions not to do jack in your state and nothing will happen.

even if pdp wins again and run delta state to the ground like they have been doing for the past 20 years, would that stop jagaban from determining what goes on in delta at the federal level?

Yoruba people can be very dense
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by sykeng(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I know as you are talking now you are not in your village in Delta all of you want to come Lagos .Lagos is like heaven to you guys in South-South and southeast if Lagos is like underdevelopment like other states you guys would have not make any move to come here. Its an insult to compare Tinubu with criminal like James ibori.all the people Tinubu present they are performing extra ordinarily. Tinubu is better than all those rogues politicians in all ramifications.
Godforbid bad thing, I cant even stay in Lagos for one week. Apart from the airport and seaport I have no biz in Lagos. Proudly Deltan.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Uduaghan is currently alleged to be the worst governor ever produced by Delta State.

Bros i laugh you...

You don go any LGA council before sit down with them for 2 hours.

You don go any government schools follow the teachers yarn

You know any civil servant may retiree last year..

If you do you won't say such
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by masterpiecer(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2019
iokpebholo:
u mean oshiomonle the crook?

Call him a crook or not, but pdp is yet to recover from d blows dealt on dem by d "crook" grin
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 9:50am On Mar 09, 2019
Calebbold:

Almost all the roads in agbor have been tarred....down to farm roads....I can tell you this is the best thing that has ever happened to agbor since the inception of democracy in 1999.

Lol

Same agbor I go last week for Marriage...

Bros habeg habeg I never eat

Nor kill me with laugh habeg
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by ifex370(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2019
Okowa for 2nd term.

God bless okowa

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by iokpebholo: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2019
masterpiecer:

Call him a crook or not, but pdp is yet to recover from d blows dealt on dem by d "crook" grin
hahahaha.proudly an Edo man but truth be told oshiomonle is worse than anini
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by OgogoroNo2: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2019
What i know from delta politics is that, delta central alone cannot determine who win the governorship election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Wins 26, APC 5 Assembly Seats In Oyo / APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent / 2023: Orji Kalu Betrayed Igbo Cause - Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.