Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,830 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori (18529 Views)

2023: Okowa Proved Atiku Was Right To Pick Him As Running-Mate - Oke Umurhohwo / 2023: Okowa, Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed In Closed-Door Meeting In Asaba / Falana Criticizes FG, Says Ibori Loot Belongs To Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by ifex370(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But why a criminal decide their future over there?its shall never well with Jonathan that gave this man state pardon.

Illiterate
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Memphitz537(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But why a criminal decide their future over there?its shall never well with Jonathan that gave this man state pardon.
Oga,kindly see a brain surgeon so that they can perform a brain transplant to remove the noodles and replace it with a functional brain in that silly head of yours.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by coputa(m): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2019
darfay:

Please what are the urhobo bases in isoko
Isoko is in the middle of urhobo land.They thought they were running away from the perceived hyenas but eventually landed inside the jaws of the lion

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Ajoboss(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2019
ijeabom:
Former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, has urged the Urhobo of Delta Central senatorial district to shelve the idea of seeking to govern the state now and allow Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, by extension Delta North senatorial district, to complete a second term bid and wait for 2023, when it would be their turn.

According to the state leader of the People Democratic Party (PDP), who spoke at Okowa’s campaign rally at Owa-Oyibu in Ika North East Council, said: “Watching from afar, after the flag-off of the governorship campaign at Oghara, I am here to thank the people of Ika nation, because Anioma supported my victorious bids to govern the state for two terms.

“I felt that having launched the campaign in my Oghara community and rounding it off here, I decided that I should be here. Even if the plate is yours, you will still have to wash it before usage. You have always supported PDP, this time, I urge you to do it tenfold, to make a statement, because our governor has done well and I am personally proud of him.”

Ibori recalled an instance to buttress his points thus: “When Okowa was commissioner for Agriculture and Water Resources, one of our leaders confided in me then that Okowa has sunk boreholes in almost every community across the state. He knows the terrain and knows how to spread dividends across the state.”

He further expressed appreciation to party members who contested but failed to make it, urging them to persevere and eschew any form of ill-feelings and work for the party’s victory by learning from Okowa, who made it after three attempts.

“I want to reiterate that I am an Urhobo man and I speak on behalf of the good people of Delta Central, that we will speak on March 2. We have done it before and we will do it again. The Urhobo of Delta Central will work for your second term, because one good turn deserves another. This is the turn of Anioma.

“All qualified Urhobo should step aside, let us give equity and unity the chance. Our people should begin to warm up for 2023,” he posited.

Okowa, on his part, expressed joy over the massive turnout of supporters and party faithful at the rally, saying: “I’m impressed and proud of you all. It is clear, from this massive turnout, anyone is talking about another party is a joker.

“Ensure that after here, get across to those who are yet to comply, bring them back to the fold. And please, remember that after voting for PDP on Election Day, stay behind to protect your votes and follow them to the collation centre.”

SOURCE: https://m.guardian.ng/news/urhobo-should-wait-till-2023-okowa-deserves-second-term-says-ibori/

one thing I've learnt over d past few years is DAT "wen Dis man speak..listen"
God bless chief James onanefe ibori

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by EvilMetahuman: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2019
darfay:

Yoruba people can be very dense
how rich coming from a brain free, mud slinging cave dweller from potopoto underdeveloped Biafra.

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by shineeye1: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2019
ijeabom:
Former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, has urged the Urhobo of Delta Central senatorial district to shelve the idea of seeking to govern the state now and allow Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, by extension Delta North senatorial district, to complete a second term bid and wait for 2023, when it would be their turn.

According to the state leader of the People Democratic Party (PDP), who spoke at Okowa’s campaign rally at Owa-Oyibu in Ika North East Council, said: “Watching from afar, after the flag-off of the governorship campaign at Oghara, I am here to thank the people of Ika nation, because Anioma supported my victorious bids to govern the state for two terms.

“I felt that having launched the campaign in my Oghara community and rounding it off here, I decided that I should be here. Even if the plate is yours, you will still have to wash it before usage. You have always supported PDP, this time, I urge you to do it tenfold, to make a statement, because our governor has done well and I am personally proud of him.”

Ibori recalled an instance to buttress his points thus: “When Okowa was commissioner for Agriculture and Water Resources, one of our leaders confided in me then that Okowa has sunk boreholes in almost every community across the state. He knows the terrain and knows how to spread dividends across the state.”

He further expressed appreciation to party members who contested but failed to make it, urging them to persevere and eschew any form of ill-feelings and work for the party’s victory by learning from Okowa, who made it after three attempts.

“I want to reiterate that I am an Urhobo man and I speak on behalf of the good people of Delta Central, that we will speak on March 2. We have done it before and we will do it again. The Urhobo of Delta Central will work for your second term, because one good turn deserves another. This is the turn of Anioma.

“All qualified Urhobo should step aside, let us give equity and unity the chance. Our people should begin to warm up for 2023,” he posited.

Okowa, on his part, expressed joy over the massive turnout of supporters and party faithful at the rally, saying: “I’m impressed and proud of you all. It is clear, from this massive turnout, anyone is talking about another party is a joker.

“Ensure that after here, get across to those who are yet to comply, bring them back to the fold. And please, remember that after voting for PDP on Election Day, stay behind to protect your votes and follow them to the collation centre.”

SOURCE: https://m.guardian.ng/news/urhobo-should-wait-till-2023-okowa-deserves-second-term-says-ibori/

Who is this confirmed criminal to tell us what to do?
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by seunfly: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Zoning actually helps, but for Ibori ~ Oghara will not have been developed as it is now. Visited Agbor about 2 years ago and Okowa was practically digging up the old Benin - Agbor road and building a new expressway. By the time he is finished and an Ijaw man takes over, hopefully massive infrastructural development will reach Burutu, Forcados and other places.

Most south south people are disappointed with GEJ because Otuoke and other south south places have little to show for while he was in power. He was erroneously wasting resources building almajiri schools that are desolate today. See east ~ west road now, totally abandoned and deteriorating.

@ bolded, Almajiri school is not an excuse at all, contract was awarded for other parts such as eastwest road which was left in care NDDC but Orubebe was stealing the money and GEJ simply closed his eyes since patience Jonathan was collecting junk of the money. The problem is that southern leaders are very bad breeds and they only focus our attention to the northerns to divert our attention from their own inefficiencies and corruption. I was amazed when I traveled to Gombe, Katsina, Sokoto, Kano, Bauchi etc, they have parfect infrastructure done by the state government yet those state collect less than 30% of many southern states allocation. unfortunately we southerners also live in denial, we pretend and support them to criticize the north as if the little allocation given to them was collected from the governors by the northerners. Last year fire incidence happened in Aba and their was no fire fighter and one stupid fellow was blaming Buhari and he forgot to call his useless Abia state governor out.

To cut the long story short, GEJ is part of useless breed of leadership we have in the south who prefers to steal the fund meant for southern infrastructure than to use it to built such infrastructure then turn around and find excuse for to blame northerners. Do you know that Obasonjo awarded Lagos/Ore/benin road when Tony anenih was minister of works, Tony stole the money meant for major expressway going to his own state and his people blames northerners for that instead of stoning him.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:
Playing the Tribal card again, Ibori knows he is becoming irrelevant in Urhobo land, he couldn't even deliver his LGA well for Oboro. Is it today that he (Ogboru) starts campaigning?, didn't Ogboru campaigned against Ibori (Election we all know how some people rigged), Didn't he campaigned against Uduaghan?, so why is it now that he is campaigning against Okowa that you want to bring this nonsense tribal card.

Ogboru is not even 100% urhobo, he is Half urhobo/Half Anioma, so what's this man talking about? His major fan base is in Abraka/Ukwuani/Ndowkwa.

You care about Equity and you guys rigged last presidential elections for Manager, even when it was obvious that it was time for the itsekiri's the produce the next Senator.

Let Deltans decide, Wishing Okowa and Ogboru the best.
When u see an intelligent comment you will know.
This here is an intelligent comment.

Ibori is speaking for both sides of the mouth. Even Uduaghan that is related to him was rigged out for a man who has lived his whole political life in the Senate.
SMH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by lyricalz: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2019
Emedu:

Yes Ogboru is not a yeye candidate but you know in politics everything matters. Is just like in Nigeria case, if PDP had brought southerner to compete with Buhari the margin would have been far more than this.

The plan was to bring Pat Utomi which is a good candidate and from Okowa region which is Delta North. But it was jettisoned by Omo agege and co.

Though just like everything matters in politics so everything is possible in politics

But I am seeing Okowa retaining his seat. mind U am not PDP.

Yes you are not a PDP , you are a human. PDP is a party.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Albinoflash(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2019
I dont support any party but i think from what i see on ground ogboru is up for another loss.delta state is always pdp dats just the truth.even though i dont so much like okowa but i will still vote pdp na the delta tin b dat.#irepaniocha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by jeph19(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:
Playing the Tribal card again, Ibori knows he is becoming irrelevant in Urhobo land, he couldn't even deliver his LGA well for Oboro. Is it today that he (Ogboru) starts campaigning?, didn't Ogboru campaigned against Ibori (Election we all know how some people rigged), Didn't he campaigned against Uduaghan?, so why is it now that he is campaigning against Okowa that you want to bring this nonsense tribal card.

Ogboru is not even 100% urhobo, he is Half urhobo/Half Anioma, so what's this man talking about? His major fan base is in Abraka/Ukwuani/Ndowkwa.

You care about Equity and you guys rigged last presidential elections for Manager, even when it was obvious that it was time for the itsekiri's the produce the next Senator.

Coming from a learned person.
You've said it all sir, this is the best piece of information concerning delta State today
GODBLESS you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by garfield1: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2019
masterpiecer:

Bros its no rumor, he has great federal support, more over Delta is one of the south south states APC is very interested in. And don't forget Ogboru has some ties with Oshomole.

It's already too late for pdp in Delta dis time
I just hope so.something tells me its time for ogboru to be governor,i have this nagging feeling that he will carry the say.but ill not expect much incase he loses as usual.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by airsaylongcon: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2019
Emedu:
Omo Agege actually spoiled the plan by Emerho. Emerho was clamouring for Delta North candidate but Omo agege was indirectly used by the state governor to bring Ogboru which is from Delta Central. Had it been a Delta North candidate was presented, Okowa should have been preparing his handover speech by now. Forget APC or PDP. Delta votes base on candidate.

This your permutation nor for work. Vote out Okowa and allow Delta North to have 12 years abi

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Polchiz(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
lmao local champions indeed. im sure you laughed after posting this crap.

-jagabans minion is your minister of information
-jagabans minion is your minister of work.
-jagabans minion is your minister of housing.
-jagabans minion is your minister of power.
-jagabans minion is the freaking vice president.

should i continue?
You are a child. Every state in Nigeria is entitled to a ministerial position constitutionally.
You don't need any jagaban to become one.
Do not forget that Ogun state does not have a serving minister even with a jagaban.

he can decide to instruct his minions not to do jack in your state and nothing will happen.

even if pdp wins again and run delta state to the ground like they have been doing for the past 20 years, would that stop jagaban from determining what goes on in delta at the federal level?

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by odinga1of: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2019
21Bandit:
Right now the card is favours ogburu....but the only hindrance is the party... APC can't rule delta...but as a candidate OGBURU is well known aside his party his name speak volume...

Ogburu is the man to redesign delta state...

Okowa come first thing he did was to remove free waec examination fee for students... uduaghan had it all plan out and it did help lot of students mostly does in the riverine areas..

Okowa also delay teachers pensions....ask around other states even our closest neighbor Edo state pay retirees their stipends very quick..

Okowa hasn't done anything substantial that we as a state can be proud of......

No remarkable achievement and no better plans for we the youth...all the oil companies has relocated to bayelsa and port Harcourt...

Shell yard is a shadow of itself...

Anioma Na he won develop only shey...nor worry he eye go clear
He removed 5 million given to delta state student who graduated first class....

Make we go vote OGBURU ooo...
Cause me Na be sure banker o

Oga you are talking trash, all companies relocated from Delta during Uduaghan tenure, stop spreading fake analysis

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2019
Emedu:
Omo Agege actually spoiled the plan by Emerho. Emerho was clamouring for Delta North candidate but Omo agege was indirectly used by the state governor to bring Ogboru which is from Delta Central. Had it been a Delta North candidate was presented, Okowa should have been preparing his handover speech by now. Forget APC or PDP. Delta votes base on candidate.
Your assertion is not true. Going by individual Great Ogboru should have been sworn in long before now
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:

Isekiri has no clan in Delta, they are just pardon leaving with the Urhobo's because Urhobo's are peaceful people. May while today election determined if the road master continues or not.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:

You spoke the truth
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2019
Jgovt:
Do you know why Uduaghan lost!! Greed.. Manager pleaded with Uduaghan not to contest so that a Young Itsekiri man could take over but the Greedy man refused,
Correct
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Efewestern: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2019
Blyzz:
Isekiri has no clan in Delta, they are just pardon leaving with the Urhobo's because Urhobo's are peaceful people. May while today election determined if the road master continues or not.

What do you mean by Itsekiri has no clan in Delta state, are you implying that Itsekiri aren't indigenous to Delta state?, so sir, where are they (Itsekiri's) located in Nigeria?
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by EvilMetahuman: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2019
Polchiz:
Every state in Nigeria is entitled to a ministerial position constitutionally.

Do not forget that Ogun state does not have a serving minister even with a jagaban.
you cant even quote right.
it would be a waste of my precious time to engage you.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 10:44am On Mar 09, 2019
odinga1of:

Oga you are talking trash, all companies relocated from Delta during Uduaghan tenure, stop spreading fake analysis

Bros i didn't say it was is tenure young man

He is not doing anything to bring them back.

Have place my mouth where my heart is...

Who rig pass Na go win
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Polchiz(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
lmao local champions indeed. im sure you laughed after posting this crap.

-jagabans minion is your minister of information
-jagabans minion is your minister of work.
-jagabans minion is your minister of housing.
-jagabans minion is your minister of power.
-jagabans minion is the freaking vice president.

should i continue?
You are a child. Every state in Nigeria is entitled to a ministerial position constitutionally.

he can decide to instruct his minions not to do jack in your state and nothing will happen.

even if pdp wins again and run delta state to the ground like they have been doing for the past 20 years, would that stop jagaban from determining what goes on in delta at the federal level?

The SE/SS refused to join APC because their son (GEJ) was contesting.
If the entire east had joined APC, Osibanjo would never be a VP.

2023 is close, the power of jagaban will be tested. Let him come out and contest for president and win.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 10:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:

What do you mean by Itsekiri has no clan in Delta state, are you implying that Itsekiri aren't indigenous to Delta state?, so sir, where are they (Itsekiri's) located in Nigeria?

Leave that one...nor be everybody you go follow argue Na.
ITESKIRI Na minority Finish..
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:

Benin/Edo
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Polchiz(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
you cant even quote right.
it would be a waste of my precious time to engage you.
Clap for yourself kid.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Efewestern: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2019
21Bandit:

Leave that one...nor be everybody you go follow argue Na. ITESKIRI Na minority Finish..
Lol, Oshare I greet, no forget to update us how the election go for ur ewo.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by asamaigho(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2019
Jgovt:
Do you know why Uduaghan lost!! Greed.. Manager pleaded with Uduaghan not to contest so that a Young Itsekiri man could take over but the Greedy man refused,

bros that cant be true nao, Ejele is a young itsekiri yet manager conteated against him, so ur point is pointless.
just imagine after spending 4terms in the senate as an old man, he wants dictate who will replace him. nawa
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2019
professorchuks:

U dnt have sense I swear. Ibori was urhobo, what did he do? Uduaghan was urhobo, did he pay salaries? So because okowa is Anioma, u want to kick him out. Bra u dnt have sense seriously. Okowa removed 5mil, so u want to die. U are too stupid for real
Uduaghan is itsekiri
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by oruma19: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I wish I can meet you in real life you deserve 100 lashes of cane.After that maybe your Brain could restore.
imagine, I blame the social media. When u first flog ur parents 100 strokes, then I will tell my children to give u 100 strokes each. Many of u think everybody is ur mate just because we discuss issues together on social media. That is why u people are not progressing in Nigeria, what a shame!

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2019
21Bandit:

Bros i laugh you...

You don go any LGA council before sit down with them for 2 hours.

You don go any government schools follow the teachers yarn

You know any civil servant may retiree last year..

If you do you won't say such

At least Okowa finish work in Agbor, what is the name of Uduaghan village?
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Kingray10: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2019
[So why dont you people compare the development of delta state to lagos state. quote author=UNDPnigeria post=76483677]

Wonderful peace.

Delta North as an entity is known as Anioma, be they Ika, Ukwani, Ndokwa, Oshimili or Aniocha. [/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mary Odili Denies Working With Tribunal Judges To Favour Tinubu / Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors / House Of Representatives Members' Wives Association Put Up Advert On Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.