Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? (8442 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DonXavi(m): 10:18am On Mar 10, 2019
unstoppable51:
From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying articles that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out the site.

We should not allow anybody to deceive us. God takes no pleasure in any man that has known him and later goes back.

Read it in different versions:
HEBREWS 10:38

SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And, "But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back."

New Living Translation
And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away."

English Standard Version
but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.”

Berean Study Bible
But My righteous one will live by faith; and if he shrinks back, I will take no pleasure in him.”

Berean Literal Bible
But My righteous one will live by faith; and if he might shrink back, My soul does not take pleasure in him."

New American Standard Bible
BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.

King James Bible
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Christian Standard Bible
But my righteous one will live by faith; and if he draws back, I have no pleasure in him.

Contemporary English Version
The people God accepts will live because of their faith. But he isn't pleased with anyone who turns back."

Good News Translation
My righteous people, however, will believe and live; but if any of them turns back, I will not be pleased with them."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But My righteous one will live by faith; and if he draws back, I have no pleasure in him.

International Standard Version
but my righteous one will live by faith, and if he turns back, my soul will take no pleasure in him."

NET Bible
But my righteous one will live by faith, and if he shrinks back, I take no pleasure in him.

New Heart English Bible
But the righteous will live by faith, and if he holds back, my soul has no pleasure in him."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“But the righteous one shall live by my faith, and if he gives it up, my soul is not pleased with him.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The person who has God's approval will live by faith. But if he turns back, I will not be pleased with him."

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DonXavi(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2019
Those that abandon are not counted worthy:

Ezekiel 3:20
International Standard Version

"When a righteous man abandons his righteousness to practice unrighteousness, I'll set a stumbling block before him. He'll die. If you don't warn him, he'll die in his sin and the righteous deeds that he had practiced won't be remembered, but you'll be held responsible for his death.

If you practice the below mentioned acts and still claim you've got salvation, then, you are deceiving yourself:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by JJOF(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

He has already been saved after believing. He can't lose salvation even if he stops believing. John 10:28, Jesus will not lose him
So what did john mean by saying that there is a sin dat leads 2 death?
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Yookney: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2019
That's so apt to ask him...
JJOF:

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Yookney: 10:38am On Mar 10, 2019
Like i said earlier this is what should settle this debate
Yookney:
Of all the rebuttals given this is the most accurate; one can only loose his salvation just the same way he got it; by believing in his heart and confessing the Lordship of Jesus, when you reject him in ur heart and confess he's no longer your Lord then you've lost it, it's not by sinning and all those other stuff ppl are quoting

Here's my believe on it.
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And that is if you reject Christ, cos we received Christ by confessing with out mouth and believing in our heart (Romans 10:10-11) I believe that's the same way one can stop believing him, so if one doesn't do that, I believe the person is forever saved, thank you.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2019
5solas:

Jesus was referring to those who were NOT in faith. He would tell them, ''I NEVER knew you.''
there were not in faith but were in church preaching, doing crusades, traveling from one continent to the other and winning souls, casting out demons, doing miracles, whose church you loved to attend, yet they are not in faith
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by JusticeSeeker: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2019
@OP, these are the kind of gibberish profane people like you write to encourage unwilling members to comfortably live in sin and yet claim to be born again believers in Christ. "We have not so learned Christ".

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DavidEsq(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2019
chilex9:

Naa...we r higher than angels...that scripture u quoted has a translational error.
check other translations....the hebrew word is...elohim...for u ve made him lower than Elohim...

Elohim..means God...King James made an error of interpreting Elohim as Angel
Didn't u make an error of not quoting the scriptures in question?
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by chilex9: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Didn't u make an error of not quoting the scriptures in question?

Psalm 8 vs 5
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2019
cbrass:
Yes, it has happened to me before angry cry
So how did you get it back? grin
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DavidEsq(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2019
chilex9:

Psalm 8 vs 5
Wetin be that na. Oga quote it verbatim here and tell me the bible version. U no wan teach me beta tin?
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2019
Tosinex:
there were not in faith but were in church preaching, doing crusades, traveling from one continent to the other and winning souls, casting out demons, doing miracles, whose church you loved to attend, yet they are not in faith
We have Judas as a perfect example of that possibility.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by chilex9: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Wetin be that na. Oga quote it verbatim here and tell me the bible version. U no wan teach me beta tin?

AMP....Yet You have made him a little lower than [a]God,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

Footnotes:
Psalm 8:5 LXX reads angels; Heb Elohim is usually translated “God” or “god.”
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by phenor(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2019
Lies from the pit of hell. So you can have salvation and continue to steal, fornicate, tell lies, cheat and do yahoo yahoo, kill people and still make heaven?

I don’t know if the person that post this actually read the Bible at all.... ask God to open your eyes to the real truth in the word.

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DavidEsq(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2019
chilex9:

Footnotes:
Pls wats AMP?
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by chilex9: 11:56am On Mar 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Pls wats AMP?

Amplified version
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DavidEsq(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
chilex9:

Footnotes:
I can see how u deliberately edited the footnote to suit ur ego. Wat a pity angry

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by tobyemmanuel(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
unstoppable51:
From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying articles that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out the site.

Wonderful. Thanks for this piece. We're all going to come to the knowledge of God's word and our eyes of understanding enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by femi4: 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
We ve addressed this last week. When an AntiChrist wants to force his believe on you, he ll keep repeating lies repeatedly so that it will appear like the truth.

The Bible is straight forward on the topic with many scriptures to back it up. Salvation can be lost and regain

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by cbrass(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
5solas:

So how did you get it back? grin

It was serious battle on my knees, then I had to get my self actively involved in church service. I became a chorister and played the trumpet. If you are just a bench warmer it is easy for you to loose your salvation
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by solreb: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2019
Toks2008:
*The eternal truth about salvation the devil does not want you to know.*

I asked a lady friend few days back if she is born again and she struggled with the response she gave but at the end she said "she is not sure".

Whilst speaking to her I perceived a strong cigarette odour oozing out of her mouth and I thought to myself..."She is probably condemning herself and inadvertently denying herself the identity of being a believer in christ.

Her case is not uncommon with many people who do not see themselves as worthy of the status of "a believer in christ or born again"...and the unfortunate reality is that many people are suffering eternally in hell not because they deserve to be there but simply because they were ignorant of the the eternal truth about salvation

Many of them at a time in their lives had vividly given their lives to Jesus but because they found themselves repeating certain sins they gave up their salvation cos they allowed the Devil convince them that they were not good enough for God's kingdom.

Jesus said *"Come UNTO me all that are heavily laden and I will give you rest"(Matthew 11:28-29)*

He also said
*"All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."(John 6:37)*

Another scripture clearly states in 1 John 2:1–2 
*"My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."*

And to cap all these, the bible made it very clear in Romans 8,38-39 that *"Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."* Hallelujah!

So brother's and sisters,once you accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour,you are heaven bound and you have no business with HELL anymore...

I don't know the sins in your life or the bad habits that are making you feel unworthy... *no matter the sin or habit Jesus says come to me and I will give you rest*...even after you have come to him and you still find yourself committing same sins or even worse just know that Jesus will never drive you away and no sin can seperate you from Jesus.

All you need is a willing heart,a heart that sincerely wants to live for Jesus and the only person who can help you leave any kind of sin is Jesus.

*You must understand that no matter how hard you try,you can not overcome sins by your effort so rather than give up your salvation or find yourself unfit to be born again,I admonish you to come to Jesus as you are and ask the Holy spirit to help you live a life JESUS will be proud of and you will be amazed that you will hate those sins that you thought you could never do away with.*

*Just remember that no matter how many times you fall,Jesus is ever ready to accept you and if the spirit of GOD truly dwells in you,committing sins will not be pleasurable to you.*

But no matter how hard you struggle with sins in your life,DON'T EVER GIVE UP YOUR SALVATION.

*GOD BLESS YOU AND SHARE THIS FOR OTHERS TO SEE AND BE LIBERATED FROM SELF CONDEMNATION.*
I think we need to be careful about this doctrine of "once saved, always saved" doctrine it is dangerous and makes one to continue to engage in sinful either thr the belief that I cannot lose my salvation which is absolutely a lie.

At the point of salvation at you accept Christ, if you die immediately after you would make heaven. However, for every passing day, you must strive to live holy by the grace of the Holy Spirit, meditate and obey the word of God, attend church service and be in company of believers, to protect your salvation. As you do this, you will be getting sanctified such that sins of the past become repulsive to you and Holy Spirit will strengthen you not to fall into temptation. In fact of you do fall, however insignificant you would be convicted of the Holy Spirit and by seeking forgiveness (and not going back) your sin will be washed away 1 Jn 2:1-2. If once saved, always saved Apostle Paul will not cry against believers living in sin ROM 6:1-2 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not. How shall we who dies to sin live any longer in it? Also he said in Phil 2:12-13 To work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Apostle Peter also warned I. 2 Peter 2:19-21 that those who have been saved and have had knowledge of the Jesus Christ and then go back to sin. Then such people are in worse situation and it is better never to have been saved in the first place.

The conclusion is that we serve a holy God which face cannot behold iniquity so to make heaven you must be in right standing having your name written in the Book of Life and no one who in whose sin is found will make heaven. Since we don't know when the trumpet will sound one cannot to live careless and toy with one's salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by unstoppable51(m): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2019
Special thanks to everyone who left a comment or a question here. I cannot possibly reply all one on one due to time and chance.
However, I'd recommend you check out FeedMeJesus as some of the questions left here have already been answered there.
For instance you will find there things like, HOW TO PRESENT YOUR BODY A LIVING SACRIFICE, WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FALL FROM GRACE? WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SIN WILFULLY? WHERE WILL A CHRISTIAN WHO COMMITTED SUICIDE GO TO? And much more.
As for the new questions raised here, keep visiting the site or subscribe to our email updates to get notified when we post their answers this week.
Till then, never forget that the Bible is a christocentric book. That is, a book that it's central theme is Jesus and the Salvation He brought to humanity and we are instructed to "look on to" or focus on Him.
I hope the rich contents you'll find on FEEDMEJESUS strengthens your spiritual walk MIGHTILY.
Thank you!
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by LizzyIkeukwu: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2019
Whether saved or not, the soul that sinneth shall die, and the wages of sin is death. Whether saved or not, if you die with any unconfessed sin, you are going straight to hell. Bible said that If a rightous man forsakes his rightous way and turn to wickedness, God will not remember all his rightousness, if a saved man backslides and returns to his formar sinful life, tell me what becomes of him? so therefore, a saved christian can loose his salvation

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Godblessamaechi: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
greatdave:
This post is false and only propagated by those who want to keep enjoying the pleasures of sin while "maintaining" salvation. Yes, the gift of salvation is eternal for as many that receive and abide. Jesus exhorts His disciples, “Abide in Me, and I in you.” And further in John 15:6 He says, “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”
There are several other scriptures that point to the need of "standing in the faith". Now am I claiming to be a sinless Christian, absolutely not. But I recognise my sin and run back to my saviour's arms, because I know if I dont, my heart stands to harden and I get comfortable in my sin and gradually drift away.
God bless!

I can not agree less with you my brother.
You hit the nail on the head QED.
Another way to describe this post is to liken it to the deceptive question the old serpent asked Eve with an intension to trick her big time.
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Now we know how it all ended, Apostle John said "little children let no (man) deceive you" and Apostle Paul corroborated by saying "Study, (in this context the Word of God) to show yourself approved unto God a workman that doesn't need to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth 2Tim 2:15; 1John 3:7a.
Phi 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 
2Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

May God continue to deliver us from all the antics of the enemy IJMN Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
5solas:

Yeah, lover of money! If he were to be alive he would be one of the foremost Prosperity preachers in the world with all form of cunningness to entangled ignorant folks into his doctrines of mammon! Whom we have plenty of his examples presently in the world and a higher number of them in Nigeria! So pathetic

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
musicwriter:

No, I haven't seen any movie called zietgeist or whatever. And as I said, only knowledge shall set you free.

Don't tell me to believe in any Jesus cause I actually used to until I discovered how and where it all began. Christianity is such a dumb religion so much that its better for you to have someone poo inside your mouth than to be a Christian.

There're many historians who've detailed the historicity of Christianity. Interestingly, all of them were formerly Christians!. Books to assist you below.

Read:

1. Christianity before christ- John G Jackson
2. African origins of the major western religions- Yosef Ben Yochannan
3. Who is this son of glory?
4. The sixteen crucified saviors- Karsey Graves
5. 101 Myths of the Bible- How ancient scribes invented biblical history- Garry Greenberg
6. Forged- Bart D. Ehrman
7. Myth and ritual in Christianity- Alan Watts
8. Bible myths and their parallel in other religions- T.W Doane
9. Deceptions and myths of the bible- T.W Doane
10. Jesus never existed- Kenneth Humphreys

Below is a cross called ankh used in an ancient Egyptian worship 3,000 years before your Jesus.

The ankh carved on stone over 5,000 years before any Jesus or Christianity.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-FA1Kb5XTGco/WvKoXz6vXEI/AAAAAAAABWU/NtdcD_gJVn4-PXZsxxkA1h0yVb08C0PSQCEwYBhgL/s1600/ankh.jpg[/img]

The ankh drawn on papyrus over 3,000 years before any Jesus or Christianity.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-qArcgWED5eg/WvKovMt1YkI/AAAAAAAABWY/Y0-apkCF9xUuIOmYfdPxCnku9ILdBN29wCLcBGAs/s1600/ankh2.jpg[/img]

I've also been told these lies. Anyone can write a book on anything, even you. These ideas of Christ being a copied religion has no foundation in the academia. You won't find it in peer-reviewed scholarly materials simply because it's total nonsense. Osiris, Horus, Mithras, Krishna are not parallel to Christ. Kacey Graves has no primary material for his opinions. The Ankh being portrayed as evidence is being taken out of its context. Even Bart Ehrman believes that though there are some issues with the New Testament documents, none of those issues affects its fundamental doctrine.

To reject christ is to reject God, He loves you
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
5solas:

John 6:64
[64]But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Judas did not believe

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
LizzyIkeukwu:
Whether saved or not, the soul that sinneth shall die, and the wages of sin is death. Whether saved or not, if you die with any unconfessed sin, you are going straight to hell. Bible said that If a rightous man forsakes his rightous way and turn to wickedness, God will not remember all his rightousness, if a saved man backslides and returns to his formar sinful life, tell me what becomes of him? so therefore, a saved christian can loose his salvation

The soul that sinneth shall die. The soul whose sins have been paid for shall not die.

Romans 3:24
[24]Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

If works can justify then grace has lost its meaning

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
JJOF:

I'm honestly not clear on that, but who is the author and finisher of your faith? I presume it's Christ.

To use the words of John to negate the words of the Lord Jesus is a path to error.

There's no debate about the fact that the apostles were in a learning process even post resurrection. We saw Peter in Acts 10 not knowing that gentiles could be saved.

Jesus is the standard. If he says none shall be lost, John, Peter, Paul cannot change it.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
SEYIKP:
Why did paul now delivered Hymenaus and Alexander to Satan in 1timothy1v20. That means they will now be living where Satan lives which is hell. And what will now be the lot of Phgellus and Hermogenes in 2Timothy 1v15 and Philetus and Hymanues in 2timo2v17-18
All these names that I mentioned were believers before they erred.
Bro please study to show yourself approved unto God
Please don't mislead people to hell if you don't want their blood to be on your head. This is a very sensitive topic that one must refrain from. Garcia.

It's their earthly life that's going to Satan not their eternal life

1 Corinthians 5:4-5
[4]In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
[5]To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by unstoppable51(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
tobyemmanuel:

Wonderful. Thanks for this piece. We're all going to come to the knowledge of God's word and our eyes of understanding enlightened.
Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Checkout Bishop David Oyedepo’s Luxurious House, Cars And Private Jet / Is Woman Not From God / The Expressway Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.