Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? (8441 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by peteruuu(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2019
No, but he can lost the joy of his salvation.

That was why David said "restore unto me, the joy if my salvation, and renew the right spirit within me".
William Marrion Branham said David didn't lost his salvation, but the JOY of his salvation, that's what David lost.

Shalom.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by undisputed106(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2019
"So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!"

ERROR!

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by meetmeonline: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2019
frankmelv:
How do you expect me to read this long thing this morning??

It is your type of readers he was always meeting when that first white-man said; "If you need to hide something important from a black man..."

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by themanderon: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2019
Doctrine of devils. Once saved forever saved.

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by alBHAGDADI: 8:03am On Mar 10, 2019
barapistis:
So many passages to refer to
A christian can loose his/her salvation
And go to hell
100% possible
Demas
Read about Demas and Judas here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by cbrass(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2019
Yes, it has happened to me before angry cry
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by cbrass(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2019
undisputed106:
"So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!"

ERROR!

Do you even know the meaning of salvation to start with

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by cbrass(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2019
peteruuu:
No, but he can lost the joy of his salvation.

That was why David said "restore unto me, the joy if my salvation, and renew the right spirit within me".
William Marrion Branham said David didn't lost his salvation, but the JOY of his salvation, that's what David lost.

Shalom.

If you loose the joy what else
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Ttipsy(f): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2019
following.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by fof1: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2019
[quote author=unstoppable51 post=76511736]From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying ARTICLES that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out thASe site.

[/QUO

MY FRIEND, U ARE VERY VERY WRONG. A BEĹIEVER CAN LOSE HIS SALVATION. THERE IS NO ETERNAL SALVATION AS TAUGHT BY JESUS CHRIST. IT IS AN ENDTIME GOSPEL DOCTRINE DESIGNED TO M ISLEAD PEOPLE IN SIN & BACKSLIDING
. PLS READ UR BIBLE FULLY THROUGH. JUDAS ISCARIOT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED AWAY. HE WHO CONTINUES IN MY WORD IS MY DISCIPLE, SAYS CHRIST. SO DO NOT SPREAD THIS OLD TIME FALSE DOCTRINE HERE.PLS TO MISLEAD D IGNORANT READERS. GOD BLESS U.

U CAN NOT RETURN TO UR VOMIT AND CLAIM TO REMAIN A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST. TITUS 3.3. U CONTINUE TO ENGAGE IN IMMORALITY, WITCHCRAFT, ARMROBBERY, MURDER ETC AND SAY U ARE STILL IN CHRIST. DECEIT OF LUCIFER,PLS. WE ARE CALLED UNTO HOLINESS AND CONSISTENT WALK WITH HIM IN TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Tablecover: 8:18am On Mar 10, 2019
A Christian can lose his salvation, it's very obvious
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by twosquare(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2019
Olusholasimon:
My question please.
if a believer return to his evil way despite confessing & accepting Jesus & died will he be saved.

Sin our sins are not written against us again then we don't need to ask for the forgiveness of sins again.

What's your own definition for salvation or being saved ??

Thanks so much bro
Check out my post on the first page.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DavidEsq(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2019
OP, u can see how most of ur readers have relied on the bible to prove ur opinion wrong. I met a lady who said the "bible says, we are higher than angels". I was shocked by this. I showed her the scripture where it was clear that Man is a "little lower" than the angels. She still argued that there ws another scripture that said man is "higher" than angels. I gave her a week to search out that scripture. It has been over a month, she never see am o! Her opinions are as a result of being misled by the likes of OP.
Why in God's holy name would a person disregard the clear warnings from the scriptures, yet say "once saved, forever saved"?
2 Corinthians 4:4 explains this. U all may do well to read it.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by LVStone(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2019
unstoppable51:
From #FeedMeJesus.com,

The idea of a Christian losing his salvation is one of the most debated topics in the body of Christ today.

This argument has left so many Christians ill-informed about salvation, fearful and worried over where they will end up after their departure from this earth.

Some not having a proper understanding of the subject have been caught up in the endless circle of answering altar calls over and over in order to retain or renew their salvation so they won’t end up losing it totally due to their wrong actions, words and thoughts.

To find out the possibility of a Christian losing his salvation, we need to first understand what salvation is and how it came about, else we will be drawing up conclusions that have no strong footing in the scriptures.

What is Salvation according to the Bible and how is one saved?

Salvation in the scriptures is gotten from the Greek word SOTERIA. In this context it has to do with man’s complete deliverance or rescue from sin and it’s penalty which is spiritual death and eternal separation from God’s presence.

It involves God coming through for man in order to bring him closer to himself in a loving relationship by imparting into him eternal life, which is the God-kind of life.

Having being rendered powerless and helpless by sin, man’s only way of avoiding the utter destruction that was coming ahead of him was going to be via a Saviour. Someone whom sin and death has no power over, someone whom God has raised by Himself for the whole world to be saved through Him.

“And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

“Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” Acts 13:32-33 & 38-39.

ALL who BELIEVE in Him are JUSTIFIED from all things. Not by the works of the Law but by Faith. They are seen by God as if they had never sinned before when they believe in God’s grace to save them.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

So a man receives salvation by faith, not works else salvation is no longer a gift but a reward or wage. The scriptures we have seen clearly explains this.

When a man believes in the Saviour Jesus, he (the man) by faith receives the Life of God in his spirit and is said to be born again, that is, saved from sin and its eternal consequences.

He has received God’s biggest gift to man which is Salvation in His Son through faith.

So can a Christian lose this God’s gift of Salvation for any reason after he has received it by faith and perish with those who never accepted the Gospel in the first place?

The bible answers this for us. Let’s see together the book of John Chapter 3, from verse 14.

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:14-16

Twice it is stated clearly in the above verses that whosoever believes in him SHALL NOT PERISH.

The “perish” there has to do with “complete destruction from the presence of God”, the fate of all those who did not believe and receive the gift of Salvation that God has given the world through His Son.

Jesus further explains this in chapter 10 of the same book of John, verse 27 to 29.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: AND I GIVE UNTO THEM ETERNAL LIFE: and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND” John 10:27-29 (Emphasis mine)

No man (including the believer himself) is able to pluck the one God has already saved out of his hand.

So in God’s hand, the man who has believed in Jesus for Salvation is safe, fully kept by God Himself unto the last day.

Now will there be times when he act, say and think wrong thoughts?
Yes, many times.

But will these wrongs or sins cost him his salvation or separate him from God?
The scriptures never said that.

In fact, Paul the apostle was so sure of the inseparable eternal union the believer has with God through Christ that he wrote.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, NOR THINGS PRESENT, NOR THINGS TO COME, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (Emphasis mine)

The reason he was this sure that not even things present and that which is to come (sins) would be able to separate the believer from the love of God is simply because God is not counting the sins of the believer against him. Salvation took care of that.

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:19

God does not impute or count ours sins against us anymore. As a matter of fact, He keeps the believer secured in His love and will present him before the world “faultless” on the last day, as though he had never sinned in his entire life.

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

God is able to keep you from falling as a believer, you don’t have to be restless with the thought of keeping your salvation or losing it. As a matter of fact, you are not the one “keeping” your salvation, Salvation is what is keeping. And He will keep you till the end.

So can a Christian lose his Salvation? It is as impossible as it is for God to lie!

He saves and keeps us saved, forever! Glory to His name!

Encourage someone today by sharing this beautiful truth with him or her.

You are much loved!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/01/answered-can-christian-lose-his.html

FeedMeJesus is a christocentric website that is committed to feeding this spiritually malnourished world with the Word of God's Grace and Love which is able to build anyone up spiritually.
For more spiritually edifying articles that will help your Christian walk, feel free to check out the site.

Salvation can not be lost but the Joy of salvation can be lost as well as Hell fire is real.

1. Lossing of the joy of salvation when a christian sins
Psalms51:12
[12]Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

When he repents the joy of salvation is restored but if he continues in sin Grace leaves him
Romans 6:1-2
[1]What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2]God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

So when the grace of God leaves a man he continues in sin and does so with Joy. This continuos sinful life is what leads him to etternal damnation either through death or at rapture.

However, God through his love will keep drawing him if he comes bavk before either death or rapture he will be restored.

Does this give us licence to sin and keep asking for forgiveness?
NO
Spiritual growth guarantees a sin free life through Grace of our lord Jesus and not your works.

Therefore after being born again, seek for spiritual growth through the Holyspirit by studying your bible and attending a church where spiritual growth is possible and not all these noise making shops where some people get their money from and where peoples flesh are appealed to and dances off to hell.

Shallom

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2019
This is the kind of message that people loves and yet drag them and the preacher to hell!
Mr preacher what happens to
- any branch that doesn't bear fruit will be cut down and burn with fire
- work out your salvation with fear and trembling
-any one that depart my soul will have no joy in him
-depart from me ye workers of iniquity
-the 5 foolish Virgins

In a critical context of the scripture, these are not non-believers!
What happened to Ananais and Saphhira who were instantly judged with death just by lying to the Holy Spirit
What happened to those that worship and references Mary more than Jesus.
What happened to the first 3 chapter of the book of revelation.
Have you ever experience The Judgment of God upon the departed souls.
YES if you stay on the salvation track till you depart, then you enter into perfection, but if you default, o boy then you should really be scared.
@unstoppable it seems you need to go back and understand what salvation truly is!

Following demonic doctrines and teachings like this is enough to seal individuals salvation in hell!

If the Righteous be scarcely saved, where shall the sinners appear!
Bye!!!

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by isholafisayo(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2019
JJOF:
So what happens when a believer stops believing?
Here's my believe on it.
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And that is if you reject Christ, cos we received Christ by confessing with out mouth and believing in our heart (Romans 10:10-11) I believe that's the same way one can stop believing him, so if one doesn't do that, I believe the person is forever saved, thank you.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by musicwriter(m): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2019
First of all, a Christian cannot be saved because your concept of salvation is a misunderstanding of the original concept of salvation.

The original Christians known as the gnostics said salvation comes by knowledge only. Some part of their teachings ended up in your bible when it says ''you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free''

The gnostics had the true concept of salvation but they abandoned Christianity when the Roman empire hijacked it for political purposes to control people. They were killed and their books were destroyed so they went extinct..

Go to google and search ''what was the gnostics concept of salvation.''

Note that all concepts of salvation originated here in Africa in ancient Egypt, so if you're really interested in knowing what its all about begin from the ancients. Before your Jesus was supposely born, the concept of salvation was already very popular in India, Persia, Egypt,

Go to google and search ''the original concept of salvation in ancient Egypt''
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by orunto27: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2019
When he backslides.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by orunto27: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2019
You must be Born Again to avoid losing your Salvation anyhow anytime!
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2019
JJOF:
So what happens when a believer stops believing?

He has already been saved after believing. He can't lose salvation even if he stops believing. John 10:28, Jesus will not lose him

1 Like

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2019
orunto27:
You must be Born Again to avoid losing your Salvation anyhow anytime!
?
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Captain001(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2019
greatdave:
This post is false and only propagated by those who want to keep enjoying the pleasures of sin while "maintaining" salvation. Yes, the gift of salvation is eternal for as many that receive and abide. Jesus exhorts His disciples, “Abide in Me, and I in you.” And further in John 15:6 He says, “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”
There are several other scriptures that point to the need of "standing in the faith". Now am I claiming to be a sinless Christian, absolutely not. But I recognise my sin and run back to my saviour's arms, because I know if I dont, my heart stands to harden and I get comfortable in my sin and gradually drift away.
God bless!
ft

You're so right brother. Mordern day Hyper Grace, come as you are, remain as you are "believers"
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Yookney: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Of all the rebuttals given this is the most accurate; one can only loose his salvation just the same way he got it; by believing in his heart and confessing the Lordship of Jesus, when you reject him in ur heart and confess he's no longer your Lord then you've lost it, it's not by sinning and all those other stuff ppl are quoting

Here's my believe on it.
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And that is if you reject Christ, cos we received Christ by confessing with out mouth and believing in our heart (Romans 10:10-11) I believe that's the same way one can stop believing him, so if one doesn't do that, I believe the person is forever saved, thank you. [/quote]
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by ArchAngelos999: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2019
musicwriter:
First of all, a Christian cannot be saved because your concept of salvation is a misunderstanding of the original concept of salvation.

The original Christians known as the gnostics said salvation comes by knowledge only. Some part of their teachings ended up in your bible when it says ''you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free''

The gnostics had the true concept of salvation but they abandoned Christianity when the Roman empire hijacked it for political purposes to control people. They were killed and their books were destroyed so they went extinct..

Go to google and search ''what was the gnostics concept of salvation.''

Note that all concepts of salvation originated here in Africa in ancient Egypt, so if you're really interested in knowing what its all about begin from the ancients. Before your Jesus was supposely born, the concept of salvation was already very popular in India, Persia, Egypt,

Go to google and search ''the original concept of salvation in ancient Egypt''

Oh Lord! How misguided can one be about scripture and history?

First of all, Gnostic gospels does not predate New Testament Christianity. They didn't have a twisted concept of Jesus until after Jesus actually came. The fake cannot come before the original.

Secondly, maybe you have watched Zeitgeist due your idea that Egypt, India and others had a salvation like Christ's. Let me say point blank that opinion doesn't stand up to scholarly scruitny. Egyptologists, ancient historians do no believe in Christianity was borrowed. There's no primary text to support such, these things are propagated on the internet and outside academic environment for the reason that they are not true.

Believe in the Lord Jesus and be saved, and to know real love.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by Firebomber: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2019
abujaafar18:
When incests and other abominable acts in churches have become the other of the day.

Keep ranting, even when your mosque are busy building terrorist and it become there end products.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by chilex9: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2019
DavidEsq:
OP, u can see how most of ur readers have relied on the bible to prove ur opinion wrong. I met a lady who said the "bible says, we are higher than angels". I was shocked by this. I showed her the scripture where it was clear that Man is a "little lower" than the angels. She still argued that there ws another scripture that said man is "higher" than angels. I gave her a week to search out that scripture. It has been over a month, she never see am o! Her opinions are as a result of being misled by the likes of OP.
Why in God's holy name would a person disregard the clear warnings from the scriptures, yet say "once saved, forever saved"?
2 Corinthians 4:4 explains this. U all may do well to read it.

Naa...we r higher than angels...that scripture u quoted has a translational error.
check other translations....the hebrew word is...elohim...for u ve made him lower than Elohim...

Elohim..means God...King James made an error of interpreting Elohim as Angel
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by musicwriter(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

Oh Lord! How misguided can one be about scripture and history?

First of all, Gnostic gospels does not predate New Testament Christianity. They didn't have a twisted concept of Jesus until after Jesus actually came. The fake cannot come before the original.

Secondly, maybe you have watched Zeitgeist due your idea that Egypt, India and others had a salvation like Christ's. Let me say point blank that opinion doesn't stand up to scholarly scruitny. Egyptologists, ancient historians do no believe in Christianity was borrowed. There's no primary text to support such, these things are propagated on the internet and outside academic environment for the reason that they are not true.

Believe in the Lord Jesus and be saved, and to know real love.

Cheers

No, I haven't seen any movie called zietgeist or whatever. And as I said, only knowledge shall set you free.

Don't tell me to believe in any Jesus cause I actually used to until I discovered how and where it all began. Christianity is such a dumb religion so much that its better for you to have someone poo inside your mouth than to be a Christian.

There're many historians who've detailed the historicity of Christianity. Interestingly, all of them were formerly Christians!. Books to assist you below.

Read:

1. Christianity before christ- John G Jackson
2. African origins of the major western religions- Yosef Ben Yochannan
3. Who is this son of glory?
4. The sixteen crucified saviors- Karsey Graves
5. 101 Myths of the Bible- How ancient scribes invented biblical history- Garry Greenberg
6. Forged- Bart D. Ehrman
7. Myth and ritual in Christianity- Alan Watts
8. Bible myths and their parallel in other religions- T.W Doane
9. Deceptions and myths of the bible- T.W Doane
10. Jesus never existed- Kenneth Humphreys

Below is a cross called ankh used in an ancient Egyptian worship 3,000 years before your Jesus.

The ankh carved on stone over 5,000 years before any Jesus or Christianity.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-FA1Kb5XTGco/WvKoXz6vXEI/AAAAAAAABWU/NtdcD_gJVn4-PXZsxxkA1h0yVb08C0PSQCEwYBhgL/s1600/ankh.jpg[/img]

The ankh drawn on papyrus over 3,000 years before any Jesus or Christianity.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-qArcgWED5eg/WvKovMt1YkI/AAAAAAAABWY/Y0-apkCF9xUuIOmYfdPxCnku9ILdBN29wCLcBGAs/s1600/ankh2.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by sunkieisland(m): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2019
A Christian that denounces the lordship of Jesus automatically loses his salvation. Other than that,

Impossicant
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by AmericanSteve: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2019
Can the starship Enterprise fly faster than light on impulse power alone? What if they supercharge the photon inductors using ionically charged lithium crystals left over from the warp drive instead of the usual isotope-4 deuterium power cells?

Think about it.
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by DonXavi(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2019
t
Re: Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? by 5solas(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Marvyx:

When Jesus was speaking in Matthew 7 that many will say Lord, Lord we did casted out demons in your name etc and He will ask them to depart from Him, who was those set of people if you may do well to explain to me?
Jesus was referring to those who were NOT in faith. He would tell them, ''I NEVER knew you.''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kolanut And Spiritual Uses / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.