Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun (26942 Views)

John James Akpanudoedehe Dumps APC, Heads To NNPP / APC Heads To Appeal Court Over Disqualification Of Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / Tribunal: Akwa Ibom APC Heads To Abuja To Lobby President Of Appeal Court, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by logtrend52: 7:39am On Mar 10, 2019
Prince Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress appears to be heading to victory in the governorship election held in Ogun state on Saturday, just like his counterparts in Lagos, Kaduna, Kwara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Bauchi States.

Victory is being predicted as results began coming in from the various polling booths.

However, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was ahead in Adamawa, Enugu, Delta, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom States.

In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun held steady in the nine local governments east of the state, crushing Abdulkabir Akinlade, the candidate of Governor Ibikunle Amosun, and the PDP candidate, Senator Buruji Kashamu.

From early results declared, Abiodun won handily in Ijebu-Ode and Ijebu North East. Other early results in the zone also favoured him. The APC has already won Ijebu-Ode, the first House of Assembly election result declared.

In the governorship result, Abiodun polled 13,234 votes to defeat Amosun’s candidate, Akinlade who got 4401 votes. Kashamu of PDP came second with 7289 votes.

Unlike in the presidential election, Abiodun won with 240 votes at his Ward 3 Unit 2, Ita Osanyin, Iperu, Ikenne Local Government Area to beat his closest rival, Adekunle Akinlade, of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), who polled 71 votes.

Abiodun also won the polling unit of Oladipo Adebutu, a factional governorship candidate of the PDP who went into an alliance with Akinlade against Abiodun. The APC candidate took the polling unit at Ward 5 Unit 4 Wesley Nursery and Primary School, Iperu, Ikenne, winning 197 votes, while the APM polled 75 votes.

The PDP polled six votes and ADC 2 votes.

Prince Dapo Abiodun also held firm in most parts of Remo , Egbaland and Ado Odo.

He also did well in Yewaland although Adekunle Akinlade of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) seemed to have an edge there, being an indigene.

In Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the APC established a strong lead ahead of his closest rival, Jimi Agbaje of the PDP with the majority of the votes cast in such areas as Ikorodu, Alimoso, Badagry and Lagos Island.

According to The Nation, Sanwo-Olu was the preferred candidate at Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s polling unit in Victoria Garden City, Lekki.

He got 223 votes as against the 175 votes polled by Agbaje.

The ruling party lost to the PDP by a wide margin during the presidential election two weeks ago.

At PU 007, Anglican Primary School, Iworo, Badagry LGA the APC candidate got 207 while the PDP received 74 votes.

In Kwara, Alhaji AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of the APC appeared to have confirmed the uprooting of the PDP in Kwara State with another emphatic win.

AbdulRazaq won his polling unit at Idigba, Adewole ward with 592 votes as against PDP’s 80.

He also got 201 votes at Ode Oba Onilu, Ilorin as against the 52 for PDP.

At press time, there was a wide gap between his votes and what the PDP candidate Razaq Atunwa had garnered.

It was also clear that Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State had won in most of the polling centres where INEC returning officers had announced results.

Bagudu got 572 votes against the 7 received by Sen. Isa Galaudu of PDP at Iyan Gwandu polling unit 012, Marafa ward.

In Nasarawa 2 polling units 002, Bagudu got 526 votes and Galaudi 98.

At polling unit 008 at GRA Kindi Zauro, Nasarawa ward in Birnin Kebbi, Bagudu scored 354 while Galaudi, scored 87.

In Garkar Mai-Alelu polling unit 006, where the governor cast his vote, the APC received 745 votes against 23 garnered by the PDP.

The trend was similar in Sokoto and Bauchi State.

Official results from polling stations in Adamawa, Enugu, Delta, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom gave it to the PDP candidates.

The PDP won the governorship election in former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s polling Unit 012 of Ajiya Ward of Adamawa North Local Government Area.

Announcing the results at the unit, the presiding officer declared that the APC polled 99 votes while the PDP scored 161 votes. The ADC candidate scored 51 votes while the SDP candidate got only one vote.

Similarly, the PDP trounced the ruling APC with a 50 votes margin at the polling unit in front of Adamawa State deputy governor’s office

According to the announced results, APC scored 63 votes, while PDP got 113 votes. The ADC got 78 votes.

In the presidential elections of February 23, APC celebrated a victory over PDP at the same polling unit with 187 votes against 167 votes.

As it was during last month’s presidential and national assembly elections, many top politicians failed to deliver even their polling units.

President Muhammadu Buhari delivered his Unit 003 s in Sarkin Yara A Ward in Daura Local Government Area of the State for the APC governorship candidate Aminu Masari, with 370 votes.

Senator Yakubu Lado-Danmarke of the PPD polled 42 votes.

Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State lost his polling unit to the PDP in the gubernatorial election.

The All Progressives Congress candidate, Adebayo Adelabu, scored 112 votes while the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Seyi Makinde, scored 145 votes.

A former Oyo State governor, Rasheed Ladoja won the governorship election in Polling Unit 13, Ward 10, Ibadan North Local Government Area for the PDP with 180 votes while APC received 34 votes.

Photos below :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/dapo-abiodun-of-apc-heads-for-victory-in-ogun/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by logtrend52: 7:49am On Mar 10, 2019
grin
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by aolawale025: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2019
Abeokuta is the determinant factor in Ogun. Egba votes!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Auladimeji2: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2019
Amosu should be punished severely for his anti party activities

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Bright4(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
This is kind of winning i lov seeing...

Dapo Abiodun is the REAL MAN.

let the wailers keep wailing
tongue

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2019
Maybe APC is winning in Ogun, but I doubt APC will win Bauchi.

I heard Bauchi people discovered gov Abubakar is an Igbira man from Kogi after he had won in 2015. So right now, he's just anathema.

Oyo is tilting towards PDP also

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2019
Awol1:
Maybe APC is winning in Ogun, but I doubt APC will win Bauchi.

I heard Bauchi people discovered gov Abubakar is an Igbira man from Kogi after he had won in 2015. So right now, he's just anathema.

Oyo is tilting towards PDP also
PDP is leading in bauchi and sokoto, it's only gombe, kwara going APC way

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:

I guess the Op is a deluded APC agent.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by garfield1: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:
UPDATE from Sokoto:16 out of 23 LG counted:
APC = 224,430
PDP = 202,187

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by megist80: 9:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by tesppidd: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2019
Nigerians are wicked sha!

They have not even allowed Atiku, Wailers and Ipob yoots recover from their bloodied noses a forth night ago and they have already begun dishing out more uppercuts.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Naijaguy123: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2019
Best early morning news. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by labusinessguide: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2019
As we wait...
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2019
That's for sure, APC will take all governorship post in SW except Oyo State (which am damn happy that the "diarrhoea mouth governor, Ajimobi party is losing"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by jantofubu(m): 10:02am On Mar 10, 2019
grin

This post is funny because I'm trying to figure how amosun's political career will thrive should this guy win grin

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by fikiman7000(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2019
I was thinking you're going to tell us the LG results as par inec but what you're talking about is just polling unit and ward...guys lets wait for inec before believing anything,I'm also a supporter of dapo abiodun(not APC itself) so let's wait
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Sharon6(f): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2019
May the best man win!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by DMerciful(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2019
What's so special in APC that has failed woefully for people to be voting for them?
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by fapcrook(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2019
please keep Ogun results posted ,thanks[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by OCTAVO: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2019
Okay.
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by dyydxx1: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2019
humberjade my bro where you dey? can we start the analysis now grin
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by KunleyY19(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:
Lagos Too...
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by KunleyY19(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:
Lagos Too APC...

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Dapo abiodun , one of the silent but powerful politicians I've ever seen. He's my preferred candidate in Ogun whilst Jimmy agbaje is my preferred candidate in lagos. those are the two incorruptible guys that deserve to lead. I see dapo towing the path of baba awolowo in near future, not the likes of selfish thug-breading and bullion van-loving tinubu who has no pedigrees. Yoruba need to get wise now. We have been so badly represented for years but many are still does to hear and blind to see. There's nothing worse than theniloiteracy of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2019
Amosun, you would have caved a niche for yaself if your candidate wins!!!

South West is desperately in need of someone to rescue them from the clutches of Tinubu who unfortunately has at his disposal our Commonwealth courtesy of Bubu the fake Mr integrity!

You put up a good fight!!! I still wish you the very best!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by letout: 10:18am On Mar 10, 2019
Lol
Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by tillaman(m): 10:18am On Mar 10, 2019
I wish Dj olu was alive to witness his Dad’s victory!

6 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by Prompto: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2019
because PDP is a bigger failure so APC is lesser of the two evil. You PDP supporters think because u make much noise online you can becloud People’s judgement but everyone is wiser than you.
DMerciful:
What's so special in APC that has failed woefully for people to be voting for them?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun by 2fine2fast(m): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2019
When APC wins in Yorubaland, they call us names, they wail, they cringe in severe pains saying results are rigged.
When PDP wins, they gyrate all over shouting elections are fair.

I pity their ignorant lots.

We Yorubas don’t play blind politics, we don’t do hatred politics. The person, the party, his backbones, etc...are some of the factors that make Yorubas choose you or not.

Please note religion does my determine elections in SW. Seyi Makinde is a Christian coasting to victory in Oyo State that has a slightly majority Muslim populations inspite of the fact that his opponent Adelabu is a Muslim.

One last word, any of those people trying to use the freedom of the internet to cause divisions amongst the Yoruba commonwealth...shouting Afonja Muslims, Yoruba Christians...I beg you I n the name of Eledumare to stop.

If you are stubborn and choose not to, Orisa Nla will destroy you, your household, your going out, your coming in, your generations yet unborn and even your ancestors in their muddy graves will partake of the pestilence.

Eledumare a bukun gbogbo omo Yoruba nile loko, Aase.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Judges Avoid Swearing In Edward Onoja As Deputy Governor / Abubakar Magaji Takes Responsibility For Maina’s Reinstatement / Osun Rerun: How Buhari Sent Fayemi Back To Nigeria To Meet Omisore Ahead Of Elec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.