Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? (1119 Views)

True Jesus Disciple Turned Atheist?Once A Jesus Disciple,Always A Jesus Disciple / A True Jesus' Disciple Is Better Than A Righteous Christian / Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2019
I am of the belief that the church was originally intended by Jesus, the founder of the first church, to be
the gathering of His true disciples as opposed to the gathering of Christians that it has now become, going by the example of that church which He founded which basically consisted of His true disciples.

And I have hinged the failure of today's church on the derailment from that original standard with which Jesus built His church, that made it the outstanding success it was during that period.

And hence that unless today's church returns to that standard of the first church where it becomes the gathering of true disciples of Jesus rather than the gathering of Christians that it is today, that it would never be able to replicate that extent of success which that pioneer church was able to achieve, but would only remain but a mere shadow of it as it presently is.

But my submissions to this extent in this forum has drawn the full ire of most Christians here, as a famous one here who consequently posed the question to me:

"why were the disciples called christians?"

And though I had aptly responded to the question at the time to some considerable measure, I believe a better response would have been the answer to this very question:

"how many Christians presently are true Jesus disciples?"

For in the answer to that question lies the true reason the true Jesus disciples were called Christians in the first place.

For the church was virtually made up of true Jesus disciples even it was originally intended by Jesus to be, and hence was on fire wrecking unprecedented havoc on the works of Satan who could neither prevail against the church nor had any answers to what they had and the threat they posed to his works.

But then came the point where the true Jesus disciples, upon which Jesus founded His church, were called Christians by the world, even the children of the same Satan that was being overcome and overpowered by that church.

And the rest as they say is history as the church is now virtually the gathering of Christians instead of the true disciple of Jesus, as it was originally intended to be.

For despite that the church more or less consisted of true Jesus disciples when they were first called Christians, now there is hardly any christian that is a true disciple of Jesus as it was in the church that Jesus founded.

So it's not surprising that this present church has not been able to scratch the surface of that church, and why Satan is having the edge over the present day church, where the existence of God is being mocked by world because of the lack of proof to the extent that first church had, that even even raising of the dead persons which was common placed at the time has now become a big deal, to the most ridiculous extent where some church leaders now have to fake resurrection scenarios to make up for this lack.

So it seems what I assume Satan's concept of calling the "true Jesus disciples" upon which Jesus founded His church, "Christians", through the world his own children, worked, as it has hence proven itself a huge success, by making him to be able to prevail against the same church which had proven impossible for him to breach beforehand, and hence rendered him powerless in its respect.

Therefore as painful as this truth may sound, Satan would keep prevailing against this church, unless it once again becomes the gathering of true Jesus disciples as Jesus intended for it to be when He first founded it.

Matthew 16:18(KJV)

"...and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by CreepyBlackpool: 8:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Who in his right mind would want to be a disciple of a fictional character

2 Likes

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by McCarlito(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2019
The question should be how many christians are actually christians?
Most just claim to be christians because they're born in a family where they just attend the church.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by McCarlito(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Youngman what do u know about atheism? Or u just like trolling because u have data
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by CreepyBlackpool: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2019
McCarlito:

Youngman what do u know about atheism? Or u just like trolling because u have data
Youngman what do you know about me?
Or you just assumed I'm an atheist because you have data

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by rtdCivilservant: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2019
Op has spoken really well, in fact what most so called 'Christians' do can even discourage one from identifying him/herself as a Christian. Using Nigeria as a case study, the average so called 'Christians' are very wicked, dubious and lack anything close to good character, they hurt u and act like they didn't know, they are always looking for any given opportunity to defraud u. Lastly they are always bittered, hateful and aggressive, they hate and discriminate persons from the other tribes and yet they deceive themselves that they are Christians, many criminals(not all anyway) amongst them that go by the names pastor, bishop, rev father or clergy are taking advantages of their gullible followers sleeping with their women, stealing their money and so many more. I am not trying to judge but it is obvious that the destination of most Nigerian Christians is HELL

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by orunto27: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2019
Not all Disciples qualified to be Apostles. Example Judas.
All who received The Holy Spirits at Pentecost and directly from Christ by the Standards of John 17 are Apostles.
Therefore, all Apostles but not all Disciples are qualified.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by orunto27: 9:44am On Mar 10, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

I have seen Him, so He is Real.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
You! grin
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2019
orunto27:
Not all Disciples qualified to be Apostles. Example Judas.
All who received The Holy Spirits at Pentecost and directly from Christ by the Standards of John 17 are Apostles.
Therefore, all Apostles but not all Disciples are qualified.
Was Judas a true Jesus disciple?
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2019
McCarlito:
The question should be how many christians are actually christians?
Most just claim to be christians because they're born in a family where they just attend the church.
You have a point that it would be better off, but still it would not be good enough for the church, because the standard of Christianity is not going to be able to generate the extent of the Spirit that it needs to for Satan not to be able to prevail against the church.

So it might be better off, but still not good enough.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by orunto27: 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
jesusjnr2:

He was until he backslided.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
orunto27:

He was until he backslided.
Then you don't have any idea of who a true disciple is, for no true disciple of Jesus ever backslides, the false disciples do, the christians do, but never a true disciples of Jesus.

For once a true disciple of Jesus, always a true disciple of Jesus!

And never be in a hurry to make comments about a op until you have gotten the details first. For if you had, you would never have made the first error, which has led you to make the second one which was as a result of your unwillingness to accept the fact that you had made a glaring error at the first, for i never mentioned the "disciples of Jesus", but the "true disciples of Jesus" for the "true" to distinguish it was very deliberate so that people like you don't get it twisted.

And moreover these are very deep things that before one would be able to understand it, the person would first of all have to humble himself as a little child for God to reveal it to him, and not just from studying the letters.

John 6:60-71 (KJV)

Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
But there are some of you that believe not.
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve Will ye also go away?
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Disciples who Jesus knew from the beginning that didn't believe in Him and also that disciple which He said He knew was a devil before He chose him could never be true Jesus disciples.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2019
You tell me?
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by RipMorosini: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2019
The question should be, Why should a Nigerian(black man) be a disciple of a Jewish fictional character.....
More like two parallel line meeting.

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2019
RipMorosini:
The question should be, Why should a Nigerian(black man) be a disciple of a Jewish fictional character.....
More like two parallel line meeting.

Maybe that's why you may never get to met with the truth!

Because you are both two parallel lines. grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
How many?
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Irixs: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
Please, if you are a lady living on the island, please help a sister in terms of accommodation. I promise to contribute to the rent when I secure a job and start earning money. Thanks
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Let them say!
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2019
cool
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2019
Answer is close to none!
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
It very hard.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by orisa37: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Youngman what do you know about me? Or you just assumed I'm an atheist because you have data

Only Atheist see Natural Fiction.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by orisa37: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
jesusjnr2:

Yes.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
orunto27:

I have seen Him, so He is Real.

What if it is just a story.. Much like things fall apart by Chinua Achebe, or Harry Potter.. The writters are not connected to any character in the story.. And come to think of it, nobody even knows who wrote them. The gospel all began life anonymously...
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 17, 2019
It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to find a christian that is a true Jesus disciple.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 18, 2019
Tell me.
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 20, 2019
So few!
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 21, 2019
Close to nil!
Re: How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
Few are chosen!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Catholic Reverend Sister Who Allegedly Marry An Police Officer / "Rain Is Falling To Wipe Away Coronavirus!!!" | Tb Joshua Prophecy / I Have Amplifier Dell And Also Temeisheng Mp3 Speaker Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.