Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. (405 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? / Why Should I Believe In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2019
A long post

Also, I believe Right and wrong are relative/subjective.

We'll , let me start
A while ago I wrote a post on religion why I believe there is no God.

Somewhere along the post, I said "everyone simply does what is best for themselves".

I simply want to try and shed more light on it, this way of thinking of mine.

I watch series, at least I try to.
And you know my worst series ever?, the ones I believe I wasted my time watching as they stopped being entertaining and started becoming annoying?

The Vampire Diaries(TVD) ,
And Prison Break. (No offence this is just my personal opinion.)

I also dislike the flash, and have decided to stop watching superhero movies that portray the lives of "Good individuals".

By the way, ironically my Best series is The Originals. Weird right (as it's a spin off from TVD).

Now, it's been a while since I watched TVD, and my ability to recall isn't so strong, so , I do not have accurate descriptions as to why I hate it so much.

However , I know it's because I am annoyed at the film's stars that they potray as "good" , I'm annoyed at them doing things, believing they are acting appropriately, because they are "good", but more importantly , them JUDGING whoever they are acting towards , because they are "Bad".

You see , there was this episode in the flash,

Circada , a guy who goes around killing meta's( humans with powers),
hurt Barry Allen's daughter ( the flash's daughter).

Now Barry is this stand up guy, in all his time fighting crime (3 years I think) he never killed anyone. Never took a life. He was against it, frowned upon it, he would do his best to AVOID IT. I.E , he can let a criminal walk away, if the ONLY other alternative is to kill them, and I mean any criminal, thief to murderer to suicide bomber, he'll not kill them, no matter what.

So now, circada , Barry has been trying to stop.

This guy has killed many meta's , and other people in his way to killing the meta's.

But Barry , only tried to STOP him, lock him up in jail, a murderer.

However, the minute circada attacked Barry's daughter ( dislocated her spine she couldn't move ) now at the time, Barry thought it was permanent, he thought circada had paralysed his daughter.

Now, circada attacked somewhere, and Barry, was going to KILL him.Circada suddenly deserved to die. He was like seconds away from killing him, when his daughter showed up running and he didn't kill him again.

Barry, had his daughter paralysed , and for that reason , he decided he was going to kill the person responsible ( yes , the person responsible was a murderer , but that wasn't responsible for Barry's decision he had always been a murderer , what changed was that now, he attacked someone Barry cares about more than the whole world. minus his wife I guess)

So Barry , decides it's okay to kill this guy who hurt his daughter ,the movie portrays Barry Allen as the hero,

But circada is a villan.

Now, circada , we we're told , only started killing them after his niece was knocked into a coma because of meta's .

So circada blamed all meta's and decided they all had to die.

Now,why exactly is one to believe Barry is any better than circada ??

To me they are both the same. They're are both men who where angered, that someone they cared about so much was hurt, because of the actions of another person. And they both decided to take revenge ( even if revenge was murder).

Now , I don't dislike Barry Allen because he attacked circada.
I mean, I understand that , circada hurt someone Soo important to him,it's understandable he will be annoyed , and that anger can drive him to revenge.

I dislike him because for reason he thinks he's a better person , and circada a bad person.
They both make the best decisions for themselves.

Circada is still a murderer , but you know there's a reason why he does what he does. Now does that make him good or bad ??

Both him and Barry's reason are the same (their child got hurt) the only difference is that circada blames more people, not just one person.

Is Barry Allen good or bad ??.

Just like Acrimony, i dislike Robert , and HATE the ending Tyler Perry gave Melinda. like i was doubtful that was the actual end. I was disappointed , someone as important as Tyler Perry, wrote a movie, and that was the best end he saw for Melinda .Anchored her to the bottom of the ocean. Looking like a mad person.
She only got there because she made the best decisions for herself. (Now, obviously i don't mean holding an axe to chop your ex is a necessarily a good decision)

She was an ACTION person with Anger issues. I mean, she rammed her car into a trailer because she caught her boyfriend cheating. That clearly shows she makes irrational decisions , fuelled by her anger

So to her , whose anger is probably genetically
, Who spent her whole life for this guy,He is literarily her life!, then she watches him give his time and attention to another woman, her anger , made the best decision for her to be that agressive action.

Melinda has issues ( anger ) but that is who she is, an angry person.

I later realised i hadn't viewed Roberts side(He also made his best decisions) when i did , i hated him less. But still hate him though. It was unfortunate she met him.

Look at Alex Mahone in prison break. He was told kill 7 men , or K-men would kill his wife and child.

He decided to save the people important to him at any cost.

Now, in the process , he killed Lincoln's dad.
Now , Lincoln , is this guy , who at the beginning of the movie, was also given a choice , kill the president's brother , or we kill your son. He didn't consider the president's brother is an important person. Or he considered it but it didn't mean shit. He had to protect the one important to him at any cost.

So he went to go kill this guy, he drank beer ( but want drunk) , he went to where the guy was, raised the gun. He had decided to kill him.
Now, the guys who hired him had a different plan for him, the president's brother's death was staged already, they just needed him to be the fall guy.

My point?
Lincoln ALREADY DECIDED to kill someone that important to save his son. Yet he claims to be good because he didn't go through with it (it wasn't his decision to not kill the guy again).

Mahone killed Lincoln's father to save his Son AND Wife. Yet Lincoln hated him because he was a "bad" person.

I understand if he hated him because he killed his dad. That's understandable, but hating him because he is a bad person, now that's what answered me, it was like a pot judging a kettle for being black.

Now when Lincoln knew Mahone did it because it was for his son, he still hated him, but then he later forgave him. That action I commend. But still dislike him thoo.

Now, Mahone had his son killed by let's say Dre, who works for K-men . I didn't dislike Mahone all the while he was killing people, he had to. When I disliked him, was when he tortured and killed the guy who killed his son. Like , aren't u both fucking the same, I hated Lincoln for judging you, but I hate you more for torturing and killing Dre.

Now , the movie doesn't tell us Dre's loved one was threatened and that's why Dre killed Mahone's son.The movie makes it appear as though Dre killed Mahoney's son for money.

Now, who is to say it's alright for Mahone to kill to save his wife and Son, but it's wrong for Dre to kill for money.

The money might be to pay for his twin brothers cancer treatment do you know ?? But it's wrong definitely

Now for those who say it's wrong that Mahone killed to save his wife and son, well I dont know. what would you had done ??

The movie made it clear ,
The people threathening weren't joking,
Moving them wasn't an option as they were under surveillance
The police were compromised , so he couldn't had gone to them for help.

So , he had NO OTHER OPTION.

kill these men, or we kill your family.
Letting his family die is the right choice ??

Or both choices are bad , he only chose the lesser evil ??

Let me rephrase
Let us kill two people , or you kill 7 people .

Morally , the right choice should be let them kill 2 people. You aren't the one killing so it's not on you,
And that way less people die,
So how is killing 7 the lesser evil??

But yet , it appears the choice we will all make is to kill 7 people(I apologise if I am wrongly assuming this, this is just my opinion)

I assume some Christians will be like

We'll the bad guys bleeped up when they threatened me.I'll just talk to my all powerful dad now , and not only will he protect my family , but he will end them.
Or for some other Christians, he will convert them and they'll come and beg for my forgiveness tomorrow, which I will gladly give them.

Well, to me , God doesn't exist. So that's not really an option to me. That's just doing nothing

(I assume an all knowing God, should know the idea I am trying to pass across,
He should know all our actions , he should know the reason everyone has behind their actions. He should know EVERYONE SIMPLY LIVED MAKING THE BEST DECISIONS FOT THEMSELVES ) So him just watching people go to hell? that is not a "Good" attribute now is it?

The "bad" guys always have a reason for what they do.. who is to determine if the cause is just enough or not??

Who gave us the authority to say they are bad and judge them without knowing the reason behind their actions??

Everyone has always made the best decisions for themselves in every situation they were in.
Everyone from Bill Gates to Hitler.

IS THE BEST VERSION OF THEMSELVES.

That's my belief shaa. and I believe it's right, not really a peaceful thing to believe. I mean, I can honestly look in a mirror and say Hitler was the best version of himself. That's not really so comforting. But I believe there's a saying that the truth is bitter.

I don't think this post is as clear as it should be, Il I'll try to update it as time goes on.
I don't know.. I'd love to hear the opinions of others on this view of mine.

I'll appreciate if your replies aren't insultive, thank you.

Here's the link to the earlier post on why I don't believe God exists

https://www.nairaland.com/5007574/argument-god-does-not-exist

Peace ✌️

��
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2019
smiley
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 9:37am On Mar 11, 2019
No comments ? smiley
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by ABCthings: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
Most times movie creator always look for apologetics to backup the villan actions and make them somewhat pityable.

Real life people do things even though they know it wrong.
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
True , but they'll have a reason
Re: I Believe Everyone Is The Best Version Of Themselves. by Golden6(m): 9:03am On Mar 12, 2019
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ita Faaji Building Collapse: A Lesson Too Many / Pat Sam Adeyemi Is True Reflection Of how Jesus Wants His Shepherds To Lead. / FULL VIDEO Of How Fire Burnt Down King Agodo Palace In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.