Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? (10763 Views)

Chef Dammy's Pastor Jeremiah Adegoke Creates Own Version Of Big Brother Naija / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by minks(m): 7:42am On Aug 07, 2022
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

So, what version do you enjoy studying?
Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
Different versions, Different Agendas cheesy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2022
NWT WATCHTOWER's version of the Bible used globally by Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by minks(m): 6:19am On Sep 25, 2022
minks:
Studying the word of God is always refreshing and spiritually nourishing but studying a version that is hard to understand can make you not to enjoy the experience of studying the Bible.

I love the King James Bible but recently I found that I'm starting to like newer versions like The New International Version (NIV) and the English Standard Version (ESV).

Share with us and maybe we could discover new versions of God's word that will aid our knowledge of God.

I also enjoy reading the New King James Version.

13 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by minks(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:

Tell us the version you love reading in the comments section.
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Maynman: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2022
When yahweh father was sharing inheritance to small boy yahweh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:

Different Versions simply means different Agenda. It means more dissenting voices, more Sects and more Babblers in the body of Christ.

The KJV is the one I use sha.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by BigDawsNet: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
King James

But now I'm loving American Standard Version

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by koolaid87: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2022
Kjv

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ofemigeorge(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2022
grin what so ever you do tonthe least of your brothers, you do unto me. Matthew 25:40

The greatest law.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by 18wheeler: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2022
RSV

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by EKONGKING: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
Absolutely nothing .

When u have different versions of bible compared to other religion holy book , that itself is a dead give away .

Unless u have pea shaped brain. grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by TooMuchSense1(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
I don't read Bible anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
Deuteronomy chapter 22vs5

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Fiscus105(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. ........John 8:32.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Minelover(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2022
Pls anybody to get me mini bus for transport
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by phatlytall(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
It's NKJV or KJV for me.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
TooMuchSense1:
I don't read Bible anymore.
grin Even me. I don graduate abi them don add any new book ni?! Same Genesis to Revelation
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Spirit247: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of our CREATOR that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by HIS Pure Spirit that dwelleth in you. [12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors (to live to please the Pure SPIRIT of our CREATOR that HE Breathe into us to make us living Beings.) HalleluAHAYAH ASHAR AHAYAH!!!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
MSB (Message Bible).

Like this one. smiley

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by wiseone28: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2022
Philippians 4:16
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by AntiChristian: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Queen James!

Numbers 31:17-18
So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

All boys/men are killed.

All women who had previously had sex were killed. (I still wonder what instrument was used to do this- Sexometer or Vaginometer)

Only virgins were spared!

Numbers 31:35
and 32,000 women who had not slept with a man.

How was this known? Will they have to open them up and use a speculum as in HVS test or what?

Yahweh gets a share of 32 Virgins!
Numbers 31:40
and 16,000 people, including a tribute to the LORD of 32.

No doubt, God is not the author of confusion or nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by ayourbamie: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
I compare every version...

I know most verses offhand in KJV
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Dshocker(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Nobody on Nairaland reads the bible, not even righteousness2
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by benuejosh: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Nokio1: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2022
which kain bulaba blue uuu question b dis

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by BreconHills(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2022
minks:

ESV is actually closer to the original language. KJV came out of Latin Greek. I am ESV or failing that NLT

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by money121(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Ok
Re: What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? by Richy4(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2022
Dshocker:
Nobody on Nairaland reads the bible, not even righteousness2
shocked shocked shocked embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors In Nigeria Pretend To Be Christians But Are Actually Freemasons?? / Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / Is Drinking Of Palmwine A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.