Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans (22075 Views)

TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers / 13 Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria 2018 (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile) / Glo Increases Their Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by contigiency(m): 7:35am On Mar 11, 2019
We have heard but I want PDP to know that their captain has been asked to rest.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Haywhysat: 7:35am On Mar 11, 2019
Which kind data, the one wey mtn 1gb no dey reach 2 days abi
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Iamicekid(m): 7:36am On Mar 11, 2019
2.2$ wey Person go do like 10 to 15times in one month where by other countries own Na unlimited

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 11, 2019
One of the cheapest and one of the slowest.

The info graphic said it all...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by kingigwe1: 7:36am On Mar 11, 2019
Lol you lack interpretation. Oga how much can average NaijA make a day? How much can average USA make a day... What's the poverty rate of both? You don't know wealth balances on both? Also what and how is thr flow of data? What is the integrity of our providers and that of USA or Switzerland? Will thier $1 data zoom off (finish) for just opening of app..
Forget NaijA.... See those Africans... Lol...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Dareal90s(m): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2019
demsid:
dem go soon catch u
Baba I used my brain, who told them to have a loophole, that one na their problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Jorussia(m): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2019
pseudonomer:
This is my Internet speed in Germany as of this morning...
Internet speed in Nigeria is below average.But for cost of Data,Nigeria is cheaper than most developed nations
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Rilwayne001: 7:37am On Mar 11, 2019
Poverty is actually the reason why it seems that cost of data is high in Nigeria when actually it's one of the cheapest in the world. Imagine a country where more than half the population is living below $1 per day.
Poverty is a bastard.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by watchindelta(m): 7:38am On Mar 11, 2019
20gig here in italy lycamobile newrk, 10eur in Nigeria is 4030naira . wind (offer) netwk 100gig is 10euro so i go for wind here
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by EngrVin: 7:38am On Mar 11, 2019
I wanted to doubt this but seeing India ranked ahead of us kinda convinced me. I have been to India and I must confess I was amazed by their cheap data services. Wish it can be same in Nigeria

NaijaTechGuy:
Normally when it comes to cheap data plans I always tell people that Nigeria is one of the countries with the cheapest data plans in the world and I haven’t been too far from the truth. Take a look at at this graph from Statista.

Nigeria ranks 4th in the list of selected countries with the cheapest data plans.

While a gigabyte of data would set Italian smartphone users back $1.73, the same amount would cost $2.22 in Nigeria, $2.99 in France, $6.66 in the United Kingdom and $6.96 in Germany. Costs are even higher in North America where they average $12.02 in Canada and $12.38 in the United States.

So should we give our Network Providers some accolades for giving us the cheapest data plans in the world?

Nope. Definitely not worth a standing ovation especially if you check the fact that we have one of the slowest 4G speeds in the world.

Nigeria’s top 4G speed is placed between 9.5Mbps and 16.2Mbps, while Algeria’s slowest speed of 2.6Mbps is the worst in the world.

However here’s the plot twist, the country with the slowest 4G speed – Algeria’s top download speed of 16.4Mbps still beat the fastest speeds in Thailand (11.7Mbps), India (14.6Mbps) and Nigeria (16.2Mbps).

Now I feel they only deserve the accolades for constantly zapping our data. Nevertheless I feel ISP’s in Nigeria can definitely do better than this.

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/03/countries-with-the-cheapest-data.html
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by contigiency(m): 7:39am On Mar 11, 2019
And they said buhari is not working.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2019
who says data is cheap in nigeria?
is 1 dollar = 1 naira, the analysis is flawed.
if the telecoms are using this to hike data tariff they re wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by seunfly: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2019
Stepheency:
Glo must have made that possible......

You get it right, I believe glo forced them to do that even though glo seems useless atleast they make other isp to sit tight. Left to mtn, Nigeria would have been at the top of the most expensive data.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:41am On Mar 11, 2019
grin and we will still be looking for browsing cheat
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Mubarak05(m): 7:41am On Mar 11, 2019
Dareal90s:
So ppl still pay to browse, when me have been browsing unlimitedly since January! Chaii.

If u ar interested message me on WhatsApp joor via +234 703 120 9784.

Not giving it out free of charge anyway, but u can get it for a dime.
Baba show me d way na
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by vezycash(m): 7:42am On Mar 11, 2019
Again this is FALSE for two reasons.

1. This is mobile data. Not cabled internet. Cable, fibre is much cheaper.

2. Many of these guys don't sell data alone! Their plans come with unlimited sms, call minutes and then data.

In fact, some data plans includes the cost of a phone. That's why Americans in particular change phones anyhow.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2019
Switzerland actually has the cheapest data.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by InvertedHammer: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2019
/
The good thing about Statistics is that you can twist the data to fit any narrative.

What is the median minimum wage of all the countries on the list?

/

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by edicied: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2019
pseudonomer:
This is my Internet speed in Germany as of this morning...
divide it by 8
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by webmasterpro5: 7:48am On Mar 11, 2019
Lolz, this ranking is out of it, there is nothing like 200mb sub, 1gb sub and the like in other countries , Once you subscribe, on other countries, it is unlimited browsing for that particular month
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by netflicks(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2019
@Snail pace....see glo, mtn and the rest
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by 01mcfadden(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2019
Pavore9:
Hmm...

For Airtel Kenya's UnlimiNET 1000 Monthly Plan, With 1,000ksh (N3,600) Subscribers get 6GB+400Min (to all networks) +2000SMS, FREE Whatsapp,Facebook up to 100MB

Considering the added values, this one is very cheap o
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by princeade86(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2019
The ranking is inclusive.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by bigkingwillie(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2019
Its way easier to get 12 dollars in USA than to get 2 dollars in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 11, 2019
Pavore9:
Hmm...

For Airtel Kenya's UnlimiNET 1000 Monthly Plan, With 1,000ksh (N3,600) Subscribers get 6GB+400Min (to all networks) +2000SMS, FREE Whatsapp,Facebook up to 100MB

Glo users get 7.2GB for N2500. You will also get free call for recharge depending on your plan. Some sims get double data also. Does the free WhatsApp load status ?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Topmaike007(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2019
ikhileomotayo:

Please don't mention GLO in this place. That rubbish network. All they do is give you plenty useless data that you can never use angry
not useless over here
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by adecz: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2019
After all, Nigeria ranks amongst
the poorest countries in the world &
her workers earn one of the lowest wages.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2019
And GSM remains our biggest success since 1999.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Xpol: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2019
Nice to hear that. Download my new released song it's cool and lovely. It's Xpol. http://www.naijapals.com/music/Basabasa_Rough_Rough__Xpol-92755
Re: Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans by Bbbwings: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2019
iSage:
Most of the people in European countries don't use Mobile data primarily, it's more of a substitute for Wi-Fi if somehow it's not available. WiFi is available almost everywhere--Schools, train stations, hospitals, restaurants... Just name it. Mobile network is allbeit useless for them.

Talking about the economy, an average man in France will remove 5 dollars with ease compared to an average Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps / Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. / Samsung's Foldable Smartphone Will Cost Up To $2,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.