Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North (8388 Views)

Why PDP May Zone 2023 Presidential Ticket To North / Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by eagleeye2: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
dyydxx1:

It's there turn. Since 1999 you have had South almost 13 years in power. We are still leading them sef, so for equity it's good. The Northern power brokers understand this and that is where your own miscalculation driven by irrational anger is
Why should I be angry? Now you just said the South have had 13 years, and you think the North wouldn't want to balance up and even surpass them a little. Power is taken and not given. So forget any thought of equity and fairness when you talk about power.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by eagleeye2: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
dyydxx1:

Let them try it. They will lose. Anyway I still personally don't believe PDP can be this stupid but it's welcome if they did. My point still stands, Buhari is not on the ballot so we can at least agree no northern bloc votes for whoever the influential Northerners are. Either as PDP presidential candidate or APC VP candidate. So it will be interesting to actually test this and do away with assumptions. But either way the road to victory doesn't pass through the SE. This governorship elections should have shown you that the Northerners are voting based on there own local issues and interests. They are politically astute and will definitely support a VP so that they can reclaim power in 2031. It will be about position. If this is PDPs game plan they will lose again
PDP can't be that stupid you say? It is the political astuteness of the North that will make them to gain from the division in the south. Yes, the SE don't determine who rules or not. But are you willing to bet that the politically astute North will pass over on the opportunity to continue in power after Buhari if it is presented to them on a platter? Think about that.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
I am in support of this

Let power remain in the north for the foreseeable future
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Honor10: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Whiteangel1234:
I think APC is Buhari and Buhari is APC if we look at the current trend in Kano and some Northern States there will be no APC without Buhari.

So the PDP Should Zone the Presidency to the North and pick their Vice President from the South East or South South this will be strategic and will help the party regain power again .

In terms of Trust the Igbo's will gladly Form Political alliance with the North anytime they will not pretend or hide their motives

Let APC zone the Presidency to the South West and His VP from North

lolz, why can't PDP zone the presidency to SE, u guys av bn PDP since 1999, even the North has move to APC, but u guys have remain in PDP till date, then what is ur reward for bn in PDP this long. talking of perpetual slaves to the North, it sucks to be from the east. Tufiakwa.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by dyydxx1: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

Why should I be angry? Now you just said the South have had 13 years, and you think the North wouldn't want to balance up and even surpass them a little. Power is taken and not given. So forget any thought of equity and fairness when you talk about power.

Let's look at this dispassionately, if any zone deserves presidency in 2023 on the platform of PDP it should be SE because of there unwavering loyalty since 1999. If SE cannot even emerge through PDP then they will never emerge. As I have said you can't reap where you didn't sow so that even says a lot. I'm telling you that a PDP northern Presidential candidate and an APC northern Vice Presidential candidate will definitely battle it out on equal terms of it has to get to that. And at the end of the day that is what counts
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by dyydxx1: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

PDP can't be that stupid you say? It is the political astuteness of the North that will make them to gain from the division in the south. Yes, the SE don't determine who rules or not. But are you willing to bet that the politically astute North will pass over on the opportunity to continue in power after Buhari if it is presented to them on a platter? Think about that.

Yes they will. That's where we differ. That's why I said they are not fools and you guys keep miscalculating
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by mightyhaze: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
nonsobaba:
Umahi of ebonyi state will come out for president in 2023. As much as I dislike abakaliki people, I must admit that Umahi is a very stubborn man who stands firmly on what he believes in. So if PDP deny Igbos the 2023 ticket, Umahi will lead other SE PDP states to boycott and sabotage PDP
no time u dey ever talk with sense. u and ur brain dey quarrel?
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Honor10: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
franchasng:
When the time comes, you will tell us who wrote the unwritten rule cheesy

PDP have already zoned the Presidential slot to North to ensure they regain federal power since Tinubu and his Yoruba goons out of their desperateness to clinch on to federal power decided to support known thieves like Barawo Gandollar and known Terrorist sponsor cum Tyrant Buhari, we will align with the north to ensure power returns to the north under PDP, APC must go back to Lagos State where it belongs after Buhari leaves office shocked grin cheesy

So the only saving grace for Yorubas right now is to intensify prayers and consult your alfas and babalawos to help Buhari kick the big bucket before so Profesi Osibandele can take over before Buhari tenure expires 2023 cheesy

oga! the only thing SW need is Buhari support, as long as he support SW, SW is coasting to victory
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by eagleeye2: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
dyydxx1:

Let's look at this dispassionately, if any zone deserves presidency in 2023 on the platform of PDP it should be SE because of there unwavering loyalty since 1999. If SE cannot even emerge through PDP then they will never emerge. As I have said you can't reap where you didn't sow so that even says a lot. I'm telling you that a PDP northern Presidential candidate and an APC northern Vice Presidential candidate will definitely battle it out on equal terms of it has to get to that. And at the end of the day that is what counts
I remember stating somewhere that other tribes in Nigeria will never elect a SE (Igbo) president. I don't delude myself in thinking that an Igbo man stands a chance for Aso Rock. No.
So, the PDP is not likely to go that route because they know they will lose. And it's a sure thing that APC is going for a Southwest Presidential candidate. And the natural thing for PDP to do is to pursue a Northern presidential candidate.
I agree the North will have a divided vote, but the Southeast and the south south will tilt towards the PDP candidate.
Thus my calculation is that the division in the South will be the undoing of the APC in 2023. Power is all about interests.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by mightyhaze: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
rummmy:
Both parties are picking presidential candidate from the South East... Ask orji kalu and ekweremadu, anything shot of this is a no no no no..... North and west can not continue to full us
only reasonable yarn so far
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by eagleeye2: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
Honor10:

oga! the only thing SW need is Buhari support, as long as he support SW, SW is coasting to victory
Buhari is not a party man like Tinubu. When Buhari finishes his tenure, I doubt if he will travel the length and breadth of this country campaigning for APC in 2022.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by dyydxx1: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

I remember stating somewhere that other tribes in Nigeria will never elect a SE (Igbo) president. I don't delude myself in thinking that an Igbo man stands a chance for Aso Rock. No.
So, the PDP is not likely to go that route because they know they will lose. And it's a sure thing that APC is going for a Southwest Presidential candidate. And the natural thing for PDP to do is to pursue a Northern presidential candidate.
I agree the North will have a divided vote, but the Southeast and the south south will tilt towards the PDP candidate.
Thus my calculation is that the division in the South will be the undoing of the APC in 2023. Power is all about interests.

You can't be too sure of South South but for argument sake let us agree with you. SW and NC will clinch it and then we can split core North. We will also win Taraba and Middle belt. That's enough
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Honor10: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

Buhari is not a party man like Tinubu. When Buhari finishes his tenure, I doubt if he will travel the length and breadth of this country campaigning for APC in 2022.

wait till then
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Honor10: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
NkayStory:

Your headache,you can call yourselves kings and Igbos slaves to suit your delusions but that wont make you President in 2023,

Go and write it down,instead of yorubas to be President in 2023 or beyond ,the North will continue to rule till Nigeria dis-integrates

That is a promise.

lolz, like u said Atiku will win, the only reason am optimistic of Yoruba presidency in 2023, is because u losers won't b supporting us, after all the only way to lose in Nigeria is to have IBO support, even we will pay u guys not to support us, go away with your bad luck.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by IbrahimDamola: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
franchasng:
As soon as Buhari leaves office, APC is dead and buried in Nigeria, it will become a Tinubu Lagos party just like defunct AD cheesy

By then, Tinubu or Osinbajo or Fashola or Fayemi will become their Presidential aspirant with Barowo Gandollar as VP, then they will win the Presidential seat of Bourdillion shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
nelronaldo:
This won't make any sense! If this happens, they have a strong chance of winning though. Northerners have the number to decide the next president.

But nobody will want to allow northerners 16 years as president.
Northerners must rule us come 2023 whether you like it or not
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by oyatz(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
So you know the minds of all the people in the S/east let alone SS/SE?

misano:

Sorry the SS & SE will want a Northern candidate.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Charmingrascal(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
South East with all their supports for PDP are losing out again. Lol
I have told you people several times to stop putting your eggs in one basket
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by oyatz(m): 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
Yoruba and Igbos are NOT the only ethnic groups in Nigeria so the choice of a President of Nigeria can not be reduced to Igbo Vs Yoruba affairs or specifically the attempt by the Igbos to punish the Yorubas.

There are individual Yoruba,Igbo, Kanuri, Tiv, Berom, Nupe, Igala,Edo, Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ijaw,Baruba that are nursing presidential ambitions. Asking them to forgo their ambitions and sign-up for 16years reign of Hausa-Fulani will not be easy. This will reinforce the myth that some people are 'born to rule'.

Think very well about it, many prominent politicians see beyond the petty childish political reasoning going on here.

eagleeye2:

1 Like

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by ChangeDchange: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
Truth be told we igbos have tried for pdp and therefore deserve its presidential ticket , buh apc tinubu ticket will win over an igbo pdp ticket... And an average igbo man is scared of tinubu controlled government than buharis government.

Therefore we will support a northern pdp ticket with joy , its wrong though buh since we can't have it sw wunt
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by nwanyionitsha: 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
mercyville:

Maybe you are just annoyed that Buhari won with a little help from the SW and TINUBU but it is an unwritten law that there would be rotation Of power between the North and South and I think that is what has been playing out.I do not think the North is so daft as to continue to field and vote for Northerners,who will always win because they have the number except there is an alliance between the South and the Middle belt.
Well,Pdp is the party i am affiliated to. We don't know who they are presenting. When they present a candidate in 2023,they have my vote. I don't mind his region.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by ChangeDchange: 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Charmingrascal:
South East with all their supports for PDP are losing out again. Lol
I have told you people several times to stop putting your eggs in one basket

we don't care , we have accept our faith which is "an igbo man will never be president in Nigeria" cuz no tribe will support us .

Therefore we will gladly and joyfully support a northern pdp ticket again over a SW apc ticket.
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Ugosample(m): 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
KunleyY19:
So far an Igbo man is on that ticket it's bound to fail in the north...PDP will be wise to go with SS or SW which is more acceptable in The North...

Buhari's Performance this second term is the major determinant if he performs creditably well then the opposition is dead...

the far north voted Buhari massively despite him having an igbo man as vice

TWO TIMES

with the right candidate, they will vote.
it has nothing to do with Igbos

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by lagdmark(m): 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
franchasng:
As soon as Buhari leaves office, APC is dead and buried in Nigeria, it will become a Tinubu Lagos party just like defunct AD cheesy

By then, Tinubu or Osinbajo or Fashola or Fayemi will become their Presidential aspirant with Barowo Gandollar as VP, then they will win the Presidential seat of Bourdillion shocked shocked
Na wa
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by KunleyY19(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

the far north voted Buhari massively despite him having an igbo man as vice

TWO TIMES

with the right candidate, they will vote.
it has nothing to do with Igbos

Buhari will still win states like Katsina, Borno Yobe for Osibanjo come 2023...
Remember Buhari will still be in the campaign train (God's willing)... So it's not yet Uhuru for any Northern Candidate fielded by PDP...

Good Performance + Power Of Incumbency is the key to 2023...

I wonder what the Pastors preaching against Buhari now will say...Will they start preaching for a Muslim Northerner Again
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by KunleyY19(m): 11:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
Even if I don't Like Mallam style of Leadership but so far PDP field a Northern President... Then APC must think no further than El Rufai...

APC VP and PDP northern Presidential Candidate will slug it out one on one...
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Osaze007: 3:14am On Mar 12, 2019
eagleeye2:

And that is why a Professor of Law is serving 'Waec' holder whose certificate is a thing of endless debate.

Same way a founder of a bank served an illiterate Atiku and lost we know your plans and it will fail infact I’m balky pdp lost and sw messed up by delivering more votes than the entire se
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by eagleeye2: 5:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Osaze007:

Same way a founder of a bank served an illiterate Atiku and lost we know your plans and it will fail infact I’m balky pdp lost and sw messed up by delivering more votes than the entire se
Lol.... if you refer to Atiku as illiterate i wonder what others will say about Buhari...maybe... didirin (imbecîle). Anyway, I'm done with this back and forth.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by Osaze007: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
eagleeye2:

Lol.... if you refer to Atiku as illiterate i wonder what others will say about Buhari...maybe... didirin (imbecîle). Anyway, I'm done with this back and forth.

Point is your a hypocrite
Re: PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North by oyatz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
Excuse me sir, why do you so assume Tinubu/APC will defeat any Igbo Presidential candidate?

ChangeDchange:
Truth be told we igbos have tried for pdp and therefore deserve its presidential ticket , buh apc tinubu ticket will win over an igbo pdp ticket... And an average igbo man is scared of tinubu controlled government than buharis government.

Therefore we will support a northern pdp ticket with joy , its wrong though buh since we can't have it sw wunt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today / Happy Independence? / Traditional Ruler Of Eziama Obiato Kidnapped In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.