Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election (21834 Views)

Where Is Former Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa? / YPP Declares Ifeanyi Ubah As The Party's Anambra Governorship Candidate / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by drlateef: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
This election will be cancelled at the court. The total number of accreditted voters is less than the total number of votes cast. And I have not seen up to 1 million votes in presidential election even when voter turn out is far less now than in presidential election.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
garfield1:

It seems buhari stayed neutral,refused to help candidates with federal might.
Buhari has told dem to perform. U either perform or lose
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by doublewisdom: 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
KingWarri:

Not all urhobo stood behind Obgoru... Ethiope West, Uvwie, Ughelli South, Warri south (urhobo) they are strong pdp followers.
The next governor will come from Isoko with Itsekiri as their running mate..
I agree with you.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by doublewisdom: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
drlateef:
This election will be cancelled at the court. The total number of accreditted voters is less than the total number of votes cast. And I have not seen up to 1 million votes in presidential election even when voter turn out is far less now than in presidential election.
Immediately after Buhari's own is cancelled. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by preZidO1: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
Congratulation Nwa ani okowa. The ekwu eme 1 of ika nation and Africa at large. Carry go
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Ajoboss(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Don't mess with Chief James Ibori, the Odidigborigbo of Africa
u forgot to add 1 grin
And its not just Africa dear..
Its d whole universe

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Oildichotomy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
SenseiVoyles:
Delta’s Guber polls are decided at the PDP primaries. Anyone else running is wasting his/her time. And the power rotation across the different ethnic groups largely works. 2023 would be one to watch. David Edevbie is the favourite for the PDP ticket and it’s Urhobo’s turn. But Ijaws could make a play for it with Sen James Manager. They, together with the Delta Igbos (Anioma) have been the strength of the party and can make a good claim for getting it as against Delta Central that has always voted for Ogboru from his DPP and LP days to APC now.
And you intentionally forgot the Isokos in your permutation?
Not fair
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by ken6488(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
KingWarri:

Not all urhobo stood behind Obgoru... Ethiope West, Uvwie, Ughelli South, Warri south (urhobo) they are strong pdp followers.
. Cool combination

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by RTSC: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2019
A good win for anioma.

Congrats, to all deltans.

Isoko and ijaws have not produced a governor. I think they need to also.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by sokera: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
Anytime PDP candidates win it’s a free and fair election but when APC candidates win it’s rigging ....
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by excel101(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
Gongrats and 3 gbosa for the roadmaster himself, Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by SenseiVoyles: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
Oildichotomy:
And you intentionally forgot the Isokos in your permutation?
Not fair
Sorry, I’m maternally Isoko sef. I just feel Isokos have somewhat been relegated to the background in Delta politics and the only major Isoko politician in the PDP hierarchy, Leo Ogor is too ill to play any major role.
Maybe they could get a shot at Delta South Senate seat in 2023 if Manager runs for governor.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
demolinka:
When APC suppose pick Prof Pat Utomi make e be dia candidate, Dem use politics ja the man

Them never see anything
They would still not win in that state.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
garfield1:

You are right.utomi would have split delta north votes.i pity ogboru,the rigging was overwhelming.how can a military ravaged area like warri south west churn out 139,000 with small bomadi polling over 60k? Seems delta has surpassed rivers in rigging.,its now the hotbed of rigging.ogboru should retire,he's now politically worthless
Ogboru is selfish. He should have gone for Senate or house of representative. Unfortunately this man will be bribed again as usual. You only see him during elections nothing more
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Efewestern: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I always tell so **** folks here that except Ibori die, that is when they might have a chance to see the government house.

Celebrate with me.
cc Efewestern

lol, Oniovo I greet, I see the results last night, congratulations to Okowa.

God bless Delta state
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 11, 2019
XTHRONE:
Free n fair
Elections were fair but totally free over there
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by DMerciful(m): 4:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
We the Aniomas appreciate the rotational policy of the PDP next is either the Ijaws or Urhobos, the party will decide but we must continue the rotation! That's the strength of PDP in Delta State
SouthEastFacts:
Time to reward our loyal Ijaw brothers. Those guys understand what loyalty means.

Thank you Deltans, thank you Ibori. Congrat Ndi Anioma.

Our sophisticated brothers have cheered Uduaghan and Warsaw Akpabio to their political graves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Bizibi(m): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
KingWarri:

I pray it happens because isoko like to place themselves at the bottom.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Bizibi(m): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
DMerciful:
We the Aniomas appreciate the rotational policy of the PDP next is either the Ijaws or Urhobos, the party will decide but we must continue the rotation! That's the strength of PDP in Delta State
ijaws or isoko.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Bizibi(m): 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
DMerciful:
ijaws or isoko...
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by noisy45(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
I told one of my uhrobo girl friend who was supporting ogbru that ogbru is a regular customer of d PDP she was using strong head..
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by noisy45(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
PDP will rule Delta State till Christ comes because d tribes there love the rotation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Bizibi(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
SenseiVoyles:
Delta’s Guber polls are decided at the PDP primaries. Anyone else running is wasting his/her time. And the power rotation across the different ethnic groups largely works. 2023 would be one to watch. David Edevbie is the favourite for the PDP ticket and it’s Urhobo’s turn. But Ijaws could make a play for it with Sen James Manager. They, together with the Delta Igbos (Anioma) have been the strength of the party and can make a good claim for getting it as against Delta Central that has always voted for Ogboru from his DPP and LP days to APC now.
abeg abeg,David edevbie must not near that government house,na British man mentality he go use rule oohhh.PDP need a good and intelligent candidate to govern delta state after okowa
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Foodforthought: 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
SenseiVoyles:

Lol. A part of me wants James Manager to get PDPs ticket in 2023 just to spite Urhobos. They always think they can win with their votes alone. Every single time, and they end up losing. The Ijaws deserve the governorship for their loyalty. It’s all good sha.
I concur
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by SouthSouth1914: 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
otokx:
The Urhobos have never been united politically.

Congratulations Gov Okowa.

The urhobos voted massively for Okowa. Real politicians here can verify this..

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by kuntash: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
garfield1:

You are right.utomi would have split delta north votes.i pity ogboru,the rigging was overwhelming.how can a military ravaged area like warri south west churn out 139,000 with small bomadi polling over 60k? Seems delta has surpassed rivers in rigging.,its now the hotbed of rigging.ogboru should retire,he's now politically worthless

Ask them same question Borno state

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by zealadjay(m): 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2019
fergie001:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday declared Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of the Peoples democratic Party (PDP) winner of the 2019 governorship election in Delta.

The State Returning Officer of INEC, Prof. Seth Accra-Jaja, Vice Chancellor, Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa, declared Okowa winner of the contest on Monday in Asaba.

Jaja said, “I hereby certify that I was the State Returning Officer for March Governorship election.

“The election was keenly contested by different candidates and Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa of the PDP polled a total number of 925,274 votes to defeat his first runner up, Chief Great Ogboru of the All Progressive Congress who polled a total of 215,938 votes.’’

He said that the total number of registered voters in the state was 2,831,205, adding that the total number of accredited voters was 1,188,784.

According to him, the total number of rejected votes is 24,147 and the total number of votes cast is 1,178,335, while the total number of valid votes is 1,154,188.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Okowa won in 23 out of the 25 local government areas of the state.

Some of the local government areas where Okowa recorded his highest number of votes included Warri South West where he scored a total of 139,534 votes as against his opponent who recorded 10,906 votes.

Okowa also recorded 63,851 votes in Bomadi local government area, where Ogboru scored a total of 4,437 votes.

However, NAN reports that Ogboru polled 21,141 totes in his own local government area, Ethiope East, where Okowa recorded 11,489 votes.

Ogboru also won in Ughelli North where recorded 22,081 votes against Okowa who polled a total of 19,045 votes.

Consequently, representatives of different political parties signed the result sheet provided by INEC except APC agents who refused to sign for alleged discrepancies in the election results. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/guber-election-okowa-wins-in-delta.html

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by hammerFC: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Efewestern:

lol, Oniovo I greet, I see the results last night, congratulations to Okowa.

God bless Delta state
God bless Nigeria.

DAT IS GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

NEVER ALLOW THE SHORT-TERM DESTROY THE LONG-RUN.

NOW, A FULL BLOODED URHOBO WILL BE GOV ELECT IN ANOTHER THREE YEARS.

IBORI WILL MAKE SURE OF DAT.

CC FRATERMATHY

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Teeboi09: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
where are all this stupid pdp supporters. Okowa won with a landslide and APC supporters didn't call it rigged but if it's APC that won in a landslide, u will start chanting it was rigged. PDP, very useless and crazy people.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by otokx(m): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
Congratulations to every Deltan.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by otokx(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
Total number of valid voters in both elections is quite interesting.

Congratulations to the Winner.
Re: INEC Declares Ifeanyi Okowa Winner Of Delta State Governorship Election by Efewestern: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
hammerFC:

DAT IS GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.
NEVER ALLOW THE SHORT-TERM DESTROY THE LONG-RUN.
NOW, A FULL BLOODED URHOBO WILL BE GOV ELECT IN ANOTHER THREE YEARS.
IBORI WILL MAKE SURE OF DAT.
I hail boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Speech At Africa Diaspora Conference London / FG Attributes Computer Crash To Delayed Salaries / EFCC Grants Fani-kayode Administrative Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.