₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,314,866 members, 5,100,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2019 at 11:49 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 (10650 Views)

Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 / U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by USMissionNGRA: 1:25pm On Jul 29
Hello tinsel,

You do not have to travel together, but your children will need to travel before their visas expire. Depending on the visa class you apply for, there might also be other timing restrictions to consider. The person who interviews you will let you know what, if any, restrictions apply. Please also consult the airline you intend to use for their rules and regulations pertaining to unaccompanied minors.

tinsel:
Dear Visa Officer,
I am the principal applicant under F4 visa. Our interview is coming up in September 2019. My wife and three sons are beneficiaries.
My problem is my three sons are students outside Nigeria and will go back to their schools after the visa interview and I will like to ask if it is a most that we will all travel to USA same time or they can travel independently as time allows them before the visa expires due to school work?
Best regards,
KEVIN.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by teetee12: 2:58pm On Jul 29
Please, i want to know if immigrant fee for F4 categories will be paid immediately after filling form OR during their visa interview? Will my spouse and my children pay $535 each too because iam the brother of the US citizen
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by USMissionNGRA: 3:42pm On Jul 29
Hello teetee12,

There is more than one fee that needs to be paid during the immigrant visa application process. It's not clear to which one you are referring. Please review our websites, and, if you have any other questions, contact LagosIV@state.gov about your specific case.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html
https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

teetee12:
Please, i want to know if immigrant fee for F4 categories will be paid immediately after filling form OR during their visa interview? Will my spouse and my children pay $535 each too because iam the brother of the US citizen
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by missjack: 10:07pm On Jul 29
Hello good evening, pls I just applied for my b1/b2 visa but on my DS-160 confirmation slip, the travel purpose is written as: Business/Personal (b1/b2).
I thought it is supposed to be Business/pleasure.
Please is this an error or what?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:19pm On Jul 29
Hello, I'm new here.
Pls I need information on the requirements/documents needed to apply for US work Visa.
A family member got a job offer in the US
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:03am On Aug 07
CR1 issued today! Thanks for your contributions

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by olu4life(m): 11:43am On Aug 07
Hi everyone, please I have series of questions o. Just hope I'm on the right thread smiley

So my aunt in US filed for all her siblings, their spouse and children in 2006.
We got a letter 2009 stating it was still in process.
Never heard anything till 3 months ago. Sent letter with deadline of less than a year to submit documents and go for interview. Waiting on other siblings so as to file together by my aunt's petitioner.

My questions
What's the feasibility of all beneficiaries spouse been granted?

As at 2006, some of the beneficiaries children were 20 below. But now, way over 30yrs, any possibility for them?

If Yes, can one include the kids of those who had given birth among the children?

Lastly, what documents are needed aside passport for the main beneficiaries? And hope the children wont be required to bring documents also

Sorry for the multiple questions cheesy
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by smsglory(m): 11:21pm On Aug 07
Please I will like to know what really happened, I had successfully gotten an appointment date for the 6th of August, only for me to get to the embassy and was given a TB document that my the Barcode number on the appointment doc and my DC 160 didn't correspond.

What did I basically do wrong please can you explain

Thank you

USMissionNGRA:
Hello everyone,

The last U.S. Immigration Questions thread is no longer monitored by LagosNIV or AbujaNIV. We have created a new account, USMissionNGRA, in order to answer your questions jointly.

The people who monitor this thread and the related NIV thread are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos and at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja. We will endeavor to answer your questions quickly and thoroughly, but sometimes we may not be able to answer you for several days. Please be patient, and if you have any urgent questions, please direct them to LagosIV@state.gov.

Please note that we cannot answer questions about specific cases, except as based on the information provided here in this discussion thread. Any responses in this forum are not to be taken as legally binding, as they will be based only on what you tell us in your questions, not on the information in any actual case. While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

We may not be able to respond to every post in this thread, and we will not answer abusive posts. Also, please note that we do not read direct messages.

There is a separate thread for Non-Immigrant Visa Questions, also handled by U.S. Foreign Service Officers serving in Nigeria. Please use this thread right here solely for questions about Immigrant Visas.

Sincerely,
USMissionNGRA
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Horstin50(m): 10:04am On Aug 09
Good morning Mr Consular officer,
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.
I had my k1 interview June7, 2019 and I asked to submit joint sponsor which I did July15 and got an email July18 that the documents have been received and it will be reviewed by a consular officer and after review they will get back to me with the next step. But I haven't heard anything since then.... Can you please look into my case if I drop my case number? Thank you so so much for your time. God bless You.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by mcfwesh(m): 10:35am On Aug 13
Good day Officer,
The NVC sent an approval email concerning our immigrant visa application filed by my uncle in 2006.

My dad is the main applicant while the rest of the family are accompanying him. I am the only one from the family staying abroad currently. I reside in Germany and have been studying for the last 3 years. My main question is:

Can I have my interview arranged in an embassy located in Germany instead of Nigeria?
If this is possible, how do I go about informing the NVC office about this arrangement?
I ask because it's not to so easy to head back to Nigeria for an interview considering the costs and all.

Thanks in anticipation for a favourable response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by gloryl(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14
Hello Officer,..
Thank you for taking out time to answer our questions.
My husband filled (form i-130) for me September 2018, and uptil now no news except for the form 1-797C Notice of Action that we received in less than one month after submission...
Meanwhile we applied for CRBA for our son in January 2019 and was asked to do a DNA which we did and his passport was approved and issued in April..

1. Now my husband and I are worried as to why we haven't heard from them cos it's been 320days since they received the application.

2.we're also worried about the fact that they just keep changing the processing time for the application on the USCIS website.

3. Is there any other visa type we (I) can apply for since my baby and husband are citizens and living apart isn't easy at all for us I must tell you.

Pls I hope to hear from you soon.. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by tinsel: 5:35am On Aug 15
Dear Visa Officer,
I am the principal beneficiary in an F4 petition. Our interview has been scheduled. I have four sons included in the pettion. One of my son is likely not to be able to attend the interview on the scheduled date because it falls on a date he has a major examination and it is in a foreign country.
My question is if it is possible to reschedule only his own part of the interview?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Announces Plans To Use Cameras On their Patrol Vehicles / NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE / Most Populous Cities In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.