Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) (36733 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
mechanics:
God will surely see you through.
Amen, thanks!

1 Like

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Eaglefine:
I think you're done with the N-Power already. I thought N-Power last for 2yrs

Enrolled on Dec. 2016 to Dec. 2018

Good decision anyway.

thanks!
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Blessing97(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Dear friends, take your time and read my story, I pray you find Grace to stand through!

Recently, I had to take a step that I was 100% sure was godly and morally correct but It looked so foolish to several people, but with God on my side and with the encouragement of sincere believers, I'm strengthened!

It goes thus:

Sometimes December, 2016, I got enrolled in a national scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria called N-POWER, it's a current and working scheme that was set up by this present government to ameliorate or ease the high level of unemployment in the Nigeria.

Fortunately, I got an admission in December, 2018 to further my studies in the University of Benin, and as part of the pact or agreement between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the volunteers of N-POWER, it's required of us to work full time, that is; for no reason must we get into any endeavour that will clash with the normal working hour at our Place of Primary Assignment (PPA).

Prior to taking my decision, I did a lot of consultations, told a lot of friends, both the matured and the 'flexible' and of course I got mixed responses.

Some said "leave the job and go to school, you'll need the money, it's a national cake!"
Some said "put someone to impersonate you and leave the job for school!"
Some said "bribe to Head Mistress and go to schoo!, she will cover you up, in case supervisors show up"

The above were the responses from 'caring' colleagues, seniors and associates of which very few said I should do the right thing.

The right thing actually is to resign the Job and go for my education, considering the fact that the job needs my full attention and my education in the university will also need me full-time, it's therefore obviously impossible to meet the need coming from both angles simultaneously.

So I wrote a letter of resignation to that respect some weeks ago, upon which I got a confirmation from N-POWER website yesterday that I have been successfully resigned from the program!

Due to my preparation for school, I had to leave the town and stop working at my PPA since early February.

Some people called me later to inform me against their previous counsel that I had really taken the right step, some also told me that it was indeed a tough step to take considering the economic situation in the country but they prayed and encouraged me that God will see me through!

LESSONS

1. God's Will and moral standards shouldn't be compromised for earthly gains.
2. Act right, even if the whole world will tag you as a fool, God's on your side.
3. Be Wise and Courageous in taking right decisions.
4. God will reward all your sacrifices even when men's comments aren't encouraging.
5. Take the right steps, you may not know who is watching and will follow.

You must have learnt few lessons too about taking the right and uncommon steps, May God back you up as you take the steps to Stand for truth and righteousness. Amen!!!

I appreciate the honesty and sincerity in your actions, but I'm still here waiting for the main punchline. Or simply put the resulting consequence of your actions, as to if they were favourable or not. Yours truly.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
Blessing97:

I appreciate the honesty and sincerity in your actions, but I'm still here waiting for the main punchline. Or simply put the resulting consequence of your actions, as to if they were favourable or not. Yours truly.

Here you are!

https://www.nairaland.com/5088079/npower-resignation-ex-volunteer-gets-call

1 Like

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Bandura(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2019
Exactly one week after the news of my resignation hit the internet, I got a call from Mr. Afolabi Imoukhuede, the Senior Special Assistant to the Nigerian President, (Muhammadu Buhari), On Job Creation.

For the first time I heard the voice of a man I had always seen on several Live Video Chats, whose picture appears virtually on every platform as concerning job creation in Nigeria. He spoke with so much joviality and serene.

He stated his appreciations succinctly after mentioning my name, he closely encouraged me upon the right step I took (that is, resigning from NPower in pursuance of my academic career) he further congratulated and prayed for me that God will guide me through the right way, which was followed by some promises (concealed).

I wasn't expecting it, but it happened. I have learnt a lesson from what has happened so far.

This has not only shown that have taken the right step, but has opened doors for great blessings and added value to my success story, Glory to God!!

I hope Nigerian both old and young will at this point trail my highlights below as to through God's leading, discover their paths to EXCELLENCE:

1. So many people are still repeating the same class because they have failed to pass their peculiar test. Look inward and correct your attitude to those besetting sins, take the right steps and repent. (SHUN EVIL, GO FOR THE TRUTH)

2. Most times, the steps of Faith are so hard to take if you don't make God your support, when God is fully on your side, with wisdom whatsoever 'blind' step or stand you take for truth will eventually pay off. (WITH GOD ON YOUR SIDE, FAITH WILL SPEAK FOR YOU)

3. Don't see people going extra miles for the right's sake as fools, idiots, dumb, stupid or 'overholy'. What doesn't make sense to you is so glaring to them, they might leave you in your condition to their greatness and fulfilment. (HATERS NEVER PROGRESS)

4. The economy of the nation might be declining but the truth should be followed no matter what, integrity is what define the mindset of the righteous. (DON'T STEAL BECAUSE THINGS ARE HARD, BE HONEST COME WHAT MAY)

5. Your test could be different from mine, what matters most is "You Must Pass" and that is when promotion comes... (BE THE 'JOSEPH' OF YOUR TIME).

THANKS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job / When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.