Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? (587 Views)

Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Discussion With A Christian About The Christian Doctrine Of Redemption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
I have listened to a few messages, had a discussion with other Christian around but only a very minute ever mention the word sanctification during our conversion.
In the US it is not difficult to hear or read from a lot their preacher mentioning the word Sanctification. but in Nigeria, popular topics range from Anointing, Power, Impartation, Manifestation, Giving, Prosperity etc.

I know the term Holiness is common, but the Main Doctrinal Teaching (Sanctification) is not gaining emphasis like the aforementioned. This Topic is common among the Scripture Union, Full Gospel Men Fellowship and others who old tight Weslian teaching

Is Doctrine of "Entire Sanctification" Fading in Nigeria or I am the one who has not gone far from my city or residence.
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by JJOF(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
Wat does d doctrine of sanctification entails?
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:36am On Mar 13, 2019
JJOF:
Wat does d doctrine of sanctification entails?

Am sorry I won't be able to summarize it, kindly read here if you have the time

https://www.allaboutfollowingjesus.org/sanctification.htm
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by TooMuchStuff: 3:37am On Mar 13, 2019
Growing up in Deeperlife Church in those good old days was fun

Now it's different when u hear from Kumuyi or during search the scriptures lessons on sanctification almost every Sundays.

My understanding now differs from then.

The teaching on Grace has swallowed the one of sanctification

As a young pastor then I preached it everywhere that Adamic nature got rid off completely when entire sanctification experience is achieved as the second work of grace after salvation. It's not totally correct today. The root of sin is still the root of sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2019
A believer is already sanctified in entirety during spiritual birth but however sanctification continues as the believer continues to grow into the image of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2019
solite3:
A believer is already sanctified in entirety during spiritual birth but however sanctification continues as the believer continues to grow into the image of Christ.

Yea that is what we called growing in sanctification. In one of his sermon, Paul Washer (an American Baptist Evangelist) ask a question from the congregation Are you saved, then how long have been your sanctification?

If Christian truly understands sanctification the debate on Grace and Work will be minimal.
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 12:02am On Mar 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Growing up in Deeperlife Church in those good old days was fun
Now it's different when u hear from Kumuyi or during search the scriptures lessons on sanctification almost every Sundays.
My understanding now differs from then.
The teaching on Grace has swallowed the one of sanctification
As a young pastor then I preached it everywhere that Adamic nature got rid off completely when entire sanctification experience is achieved as the second work of grace after salvation. It's not totally correct today. The root of sin is still the root of sin.

Understanding sanctification requires diligence and a lot of studies. As a Youth Instructor, I once asked one of my colleagues that how can one define Sanctification aside the definition popularly know to us, his response was quoted from John Wesly that Sanctification is purity of affection and simplicity of intention. That seems short but need further understanding.

I would later come up with my own definition stating that Sanctification is a reversal of previously learned sinful way and lifestyle, whereby desire to continue in them is purged away
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 14, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Yea that is what we called growing in sanctification. In one of his sermon, Paul Washer (an American Baptist Evangelist) ask a question from the congregation Are you saved, then how long have been your sanctification?

If Christian truly understands sanctification the debate on Grace and Work will be minimal.
practical sanctification occurs when the believer begins to grow in the knowledge of the finished work of christ and his identity as a bornagain.
many take sanctification as legalism.
Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
solite3:
practical sanctification occurs when the believer begins to grow in the knowledge of the finished work of christ and his identity as a bornagain.
many take sanctification as legalism.

That statement is true, I could remember someone told me that in their assembly, it is being taught that anyone who is sanctified and thereafter committed will have to go back to the beginning start praying for salvation then move up to sanctification, I felt so sad for him, how he could have grown spiritually more than present level.

The best is to keep relying on the Finished work of Christ for our Daily Sanctification

1 Like

Re: Is Doctrine Of "Entire Sanctification" Fading In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
GoodMuyis:

That statement is true, I could remember someone told me that in their assembly, it is being taught that anyone who is sanctified and thereafter committed will have to go back to the beginning start praying for salvation then move up to sanctification, I felt so sad for him, how he could have grown spiritually more than present level.

The best is to keep relying on the Finished work of Christ for our Daily Sanctification
just on point, we are sanctified daily by relying on Jesus daily. The devil knows this that is why he trys to make Christians focus on others apart from Jesus who is the head.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Obinim Of Ghana Touch Girls Breast To Deliver Her From Dwarf Spirit / The Devil, You Can’t Abort Or Destroy My Destiny! / Is Masturbation A Sin Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.