Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4832764 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by saxha: 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Eupado1:
I went through the 2012 recruitment thread on naijahotjobs some time ago and saw that even as at the time people had already started collecting letters and sharing testimonies, someone still came out to say he spoke to a top source at human resources who told him no apl had been released.

Lesson: We will always get contradicting sources here.....for now let's take comfort in the GMD's promise of Soon. If the soon is not today, then it gets closer as tomorrow comes.

The 2012 hopefuls had to wait for a year after interview but for those who got employed, the emotional stress is all in the past. When you see your apl, the feelings you have now will be like a teardrop lost in an ocean. Stay hopeful!!!

Just like during the interview invite, some argued it won't happen at that time because of change in GMD, and they got it from sauce, while some also got it from sauce that the interview invite is in batches. But just like Time has been the father of any source, truth shall soon be revealed by Time. Let's hope and keep waiting. Time ticks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adamx23(m): 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Psyco119:
Since someone like panalyst have said, before the end of January .Also some people are saying court case .So I think we should be patient to see the end of January and if nothing comes who will be having like 14days to court judgement .Further more I heard from someone that Am sure will not call me by himself and lied to me by saying Appointment letter have been Typed .Let's just keep praying God will see us tru .
Lol.. I thought someone already trashed this out.. If APL has been typed, there's no way they'll be hoarding it due to the fact that there's a timeframe for acceptance of said letter and resumption.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
"What doesn't kill makes you stronger"- I guess this has been a lie all along, cause right now I'm emotionally, mentally, and spiritually down.

Just like any other applicant, I graciously honoured Ecobank test invite and to God be the glory, I excelled and was sent a mail to be on the look out for interview invite (all these were between January and February, 2019).

To avoid stories that touch, I had to buy a new suit in preparation for the interview thinking all other been equal invite should drop around March. The excitement of finally getting a job after several months led to sleepless nights as I knew the interview is nothing but a formality.

March came and went, nothing came through from Ecobank. Then I said to myself, these people must have really rate me so high to have given me a whole month to prepare for interview. April came in and I shouted Happy New Month with excitement knowing fully well the new month will yield good fruits. Then I went about refreshing my mail every blessed day to no avail, what might have gone wrong? Is there no interview anymore? My curiosity led me to source for information on Nairaland and behold I was at peace when I found out that the exercise was still on. Besides I wasn't the only one affected by the delay.

Just like March, April packed it bag and luggages and went without any news. Come May, I went back to the success mail I got to at least try and reach out to Ecobank. Lo and Behold the mail was 'do-not-reply', Aye o! Without hesitation, I logged back to Nairaland to see if there has been any new developments and of course there was a new development. Apparently, an applicant who couldn't bear the wait any longer put a call through to their Customer Care abi shey HR? and was told the process was still on, that we will be contacted soon.

Like play, Like play almighty NNPC came out with their recruitment exercise and reluctantly I applied. I mean there's no harm in applying now, and to God be the glory, I got shortlisted for CBT. I wasn't bother neither was I alarmed by the huge turn out (I mean it isn't the first time of seeing crowd at a test centre, those who have visited workforce center at Gbagaba will probably know what I'm talking about). All I know is I will try my best even though its obvious the recruitment was nothing but a formality (NNPC probably have the details of those they want to employ already).

As if the trauma of knowing the recruitment might not see the light of the day wasn't enough, I got an invite for interview. Eh ehn, emi ni kan tan, a won gbe I said to myself with a smile. You can't really fault me, who wouldn't want to work at NNPC. I polished my shoe, retouched my suits and hyposified my white shirt, mo gbe body me, o di Abuja. Getting to Abuja, I was dumbfounded, being my first time. While passing through the airport road up till the city gate, all that was on mind was fast n furious, that express have got to be the best road in Nigeria.

Oh, I have forgotten about Ecobank. Who needs a bank job when there's oil money? NNPC interview wasn't that good, like I was overwhelmed by the aesthetics of Abuja and The Towers (see ehn there's money in Nigeria oh) I sha ti Ati Lo Ati de. I knew anything could happen but still I was pleased with the stage I got to and to think there's Ecobank to fall back on if things go south with NNPC was pleasing.

Just like Ecobank, NNPC decided to be foolish. August came with nothing, September also followed suits like epo EWA. Then October, the stupid lawyer came forth with his court case. A mo je gbese, I jejely carried my body back to the Ecobank thread to see what's happening, at that stage I will gladly accept Ecobank pending NNe(at all at all nah im bad pass). But the thing shocked me, it was still the same case, Ecobank will get back to you soon. Ah! Tani mo se e? Will this year just go like that too ni?

Am I cursed? Cause if someone had told me I would still be jobless 3 years after graduation I will have rained curses and brimstone on such fellow. While thinking about 1000 ways to die, a new revelation came forth. Our humbled GMD said 'SOON'..... seeing that I had strength again, I mean their father, my village people can't get me. OGA at the top have said soon. So, I started preparing, researching various SBUs. Hmmm NAPIMS looks alluring but again I don't want Lagos jare. So I concluded Delta or Port-harcourt it is and again come to think of it, why not Towers gan sef?

As if the torture wasn't enough, GMD's soon started to look like a joke. But why now, 'SOON' should be around a week or two now. And again I dived to check what's up with Ecobank as it was my fall back option and on getting there, the thread was deserted, no new information. Ah! Mo gbe, my village people have finally caught up with me. Started the new year with thoughts on what next to do, I mean I can't continue this way and again I'm done with the back and forth of different sauce with burnt dodo on Nairaland. But again, I find it difficult to leave as I keep coming back to check for updates. To me Ecobank is dead, my last resort now is NNPC.

As if the cruel journey of 2019 wasn't so bad, I got a mail from Ecobank this morning, restating that they haven't forgotten me oh, that I will be called before the end of the year. Abi e ma ri awon oloshi yii oh. So they expect me to still stay up and be waiting for them. Well, it's not their fault, nah Nigeria cause am and besides who starts a recruitment exercise when there's no vacancy?

To this end I beg to ask, what does the future holds for Nigerian youths? Cause at this rate, the repercussions of what's to come frightens me.

55 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adamx23(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
highzickjosh:
"What doesn't kill makes you stronger"- I guess this has been a lie all along, cause right now I'm emotionally, mentally, and spiritually down.

Just like any other applicant, I graciously honoured Ecobank test invite and to God be the glory, I excelled and was sent a mail to be on the look out for interview invite (all these were between January and February, 2019).

To avoid stories that touch, I had to buy a new suit in preparation for the interview thinking all other been equal invite should drop around March. The excitement of finally getting a job after several months led to sleepless nights as I knew the interview is nothing but a formality.

March came and went, nothing came through from Ecobank. Then I said to myself, these people must have really rate me so high to have given me a whole month to prepare for interview. April came in and I shouted Happy New Month with excitement knowing fully well the new month will yield good fruits. Then I went about refreshing my mail every blessed day to no avail, what might have gone wrong? Is there no interview anymore? My curiosity led me to source for information on Nairaland and behold I was at peace when I found out that the exercise was still on. Besides I wasn't the only one affected by the delay.

Just like March, April packed it bag and luggages and went without any news. Come May, I went back to the success mail I got to at least try and reach out to Ecobank. Lo and Behold the mail was 'do-not-reply', Aye o! Without hesitation, I logged back to Nairaland to see if there has been any new developments and of course there was a new development. Apparently, an applicant who couldn't bear the wait any longer put a call through to their Customer Care abi shey HR? and was told the process was still on, that we will be contacted soon.

Like play, Like play almighty NNPC came out with their recruitment exercise and reluctantly I applied. I mean there's no harm in applying now, and to God be the glory, I got shortlisted for CBT. I wasn't bother neither was I alarmed by the huge turn out (I mean it isn't the first time of seeing crowd at a test centre, those who have visited workforce center at Gbagaba will probably know what I'm talking about). All I know is I will try my best even though its obvious the recruitment was nothing but a formality (NNPC probably have the details of those they want to employ already).

As if the trauma of knowing the recruitment might not see the light of the day wasn't enough, I got an invite for interview. Eh ehn, emi ni kan tan, a won gbe I said to myself with a smile. You can't really fault me, who wouldn't want to work at NNPC. I polished my shoe, retouched my suits and hyposified my white shirt, mo gbe body me, o di Abuja. Getting to Abuja, I was dumbfounded, being my first time. While passing through the airport road up till the city gate, all that was on mind was fast n furious, that express have got to be the best road in Nigeria.

Oh, I have forgotten about Ecobank. Who needs a bank job when there's oil money? NNPC interview wasn't that good, like I was overwhelmed by the aesthetics of Abuja and The Towers (see ehn there's money in Nigeria oh) I sha ti Ati Lo Ati de. I knew anything could happen but still I was pleased with the stage I got to and to think there's Ecobank to fall back on if things go south with NNPC was pleasing.

Just like Ecobank, NNPC decided to be foolish. August came with nothing, September also followed suits like epo EWA. Then October, the stupid lawyer came forth with his court case. A mo je gbese, I jejely carried my body back to the Ecobank thread to see what's happening, at that stage I will gladly accept Ecobank pending NNe(at all at all nah im bad pass). But the thing shocked me, it was still the same case, Ecobank will get back to you soon. Ah! Tani mo se e? Will this year just go like that too ni?

Am I cursed? Cause if someone had told me I would still be jobless 3 years after graduation I will have rained curses and brimstone on such fellow. While thinking about 1000 ways to die, a new revelation came forth. Our humbled GMD said 'SOON'..... seeing that I had strength again, I mean their father, my village people can't get me. OGA at the top have said soon. So, I started preparing, researching various SBUs. Hmmm NAPIMS looks alluring but again I don't want Lagos jare. So I concluded Delta or Port-harcourt it is and again come to think of it, why not Towers gan sef?

As if the torture wasn't enough, GMD's soon started to look like a joke. But why now, 'SOON' should be around a week or two now. And again I dived to check what's up with Ecobank as it was my fall back option and on getting there, the thread was deserted, no new information. Ah! Mo gbe, my village people have finally caught up with me. Started the new year with thoughts on what next to do, I mean I can't continue this way and again I'm done with the back and forth of different sauce with burnt dodo on Nairaland. But again, I find it difficult to leave as I keep coming back to check for updates. To me Ecobank is dead, my last resort now is NNPC.

As if the cruel journey of 2019 wasn't so bad, I got a mail from Ecobank this morning, restating that they haven't forgotten me oh, that I will be called before the end of the year. Abi e ma ri awon oloshi yii oh. So they expect me to still stay up and be waiting for them. Well, it's not their fault, nah Nigeria cause am and besides who starts a recruitment exercise when there's no vacancy?

To this end I beg to ask, what does the future holds for Nigerian youths? Cause at this rate, the repercussions of what's to come frightens me.
Ecobank no get joy at all.. Very useless bank. You can imagine the guts they have to tell you you'll be contacted before the end of the year in January. Chai..

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
@highzickjosh, what i couldn't sit down to write, is what you wrote up there, Mehn! you killed it... one new commercial bank after AC through workforce, is doing same thing like ECO, WEMA sef finished recruitmet of 2018 as at december 2019... las las we go dey aight. Believe.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Lagoscorper: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
I was opportuned to be with a very very rich man the other day and he said Nigeria is heading to the abyss(deep into the ocean) . Imagine a man who can go anywhere in the world in matter of seconds. Then in my mind.. I was.. what is our hope in this Nigeria if you can say this.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by cocococo: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
I don’t mean to piss anyone off, but at this point, we may just need to forget about this recruitment if we want to move on in life. As for the NNPC tweet on GMD’s statement, that guy’s words cannot be trusted; you know people have no integrity here in Nigeria. Also, the recruitment may be concluded backdoor, and that could be well be in line with the GMD’s statement—recruitment being concluded, whether in open or in secret. Also, for a recruitment process to take this long and yet we don’t know right or left but having only to feed on fake ‘sauces’ here, it means the recruitment is a fraud of the highest order! Even if they release APL publicly after some months (please forget about APL this month my instincts tell me), how are we sure the candidates with merit will get it? A recruitment that takes this long can never ever be transparent.

RIP NNPC!

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bro, pls which other company u don apply abeg?

I wan check something.

Can u also help me drop a list of companies you plan on applying to in 2020? I need it to plan something grin grin grin

highzickjosh:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gbyms: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
I think people should keep calm till the end of January. APL just ought to come out this month. If it doesn’t then people can go crazy on social media lol.
I’ve always known people’s concept of time to be relative. Anything above January has passed ‘soon’ hence we can request politely for an explanation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Emeliegregory(m): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
highzickjosh:

i thought i was the only one in this situation. The Ecobank and Nnpc debacle is just depressing! I pray God help us all!

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
First bank (failed CBT)
PwC
Oando (scheduled for CBT)
Stanbic Ibtc (no response yet)
Shell (couldn't go past the video interview)
Zenith Bank (no response yet)
Old mutual Insurance (I rejected the offer 20k)
Rejected two others offers bank and Insurance as it was marketing.

I didn't want to grant you a response cause I see how shallow minded you portray yourself to be. If you think I was hell bent on working with NNPC or Ecobank thereby sitting idle without taking advantage of other opportunities that arise, then the joke is on you.

Beeam:
Bro, pls which other company u don apply abeg?

I wan check something.

Can u also help me drop a list of companies you plan on applying to in 2020? I need it to plan something grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
highzickjosh:
First bank (failed CBT)
PwC

I didn't want to grant you a response cause I see how shallow minded you portray yourself to be. If you think I was hell bent on working with NNPC or Ecobank thereby sitting idle without taking advantage of other opportunities that arise, then the joke is on you.

King of Savage

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by vyke2008: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
...it's well. One day, just one day.... One will click!

highzickjosh:
First bank (failed CBT)
PwC

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
No oh...

Me I just wan know which applications 2 avoid ni cos e be like say ur applications dey like mature before conclusion.

This one wey only u dey inside Ecobank and NNPC dey wait for 2 years combine, if u fit epp me pm ur pix too sha, so that if I see u for interview venue in future, I go just go back home, I cannot coman enter anoda thread with ppl like d ones wey dey here.

NB to ur NB:

U are not well. Wetin concern me wit ya seat or idleness?

highzickjosh:
First bank (failed CBT)
PwC

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ukahansa1: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
highzickjosh:

Your Ecobank experience got me laughing because I went through something similar with Zenith bank. Wrote test with Peopleplus in September 2017, they didn't get back to me for so long. October 2018 I got 2 land-line calls one week apart with them asking if I was still available. The second call made it sound certain. They mentioned the city and said I should be on the lookout for their mail. After asking around, getting back to my brother's church guy who shared the advert (who is a managerial level staff in that city), and finding out there was indeed vacancy(ies) there, I had to tank my Futo MSc application. Didn't get transcript over before deadline....
I wait tire, I no see mail LMAO. Those guys tricked me. I no fit hold down my plans for any Nigerian employer again, not even after medicals. Did the Futo application again and I'm starting this January. Make every pending offer/regret mail, Nnpc included, run come meet me for Owerri.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by GeniusOla(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Pls, when is the next Town hall meeting cheesy , I want to check something.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by helpedboy: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ukahansa1:

Your Ecobank experience got me laughing because I went through something similar with Zenith bank. Wrote test with Peopleplus in September 2017, they didn't get back to me for so long. October 2018 I got 2 land-line calls one week apart with them asking if I was still available. The second call made it sound certain. They mentioned the city and said I should be on the lookout for their mail. After asking around, getting back to my brother's church guy who shared the advert (who is a managerial level staff in that city), and finding out there was indeed vacancy(ies) there, I had to tank my Futo MSc application. Didn't get transcript over before deadline....
I wait tire, I no see mail LMAO. Those guys tricked me. I no fit hold down my plans for any Nigerian employer again, not even after medicals. Did the Futo application again and I'm starting this January. Make every pending offer/regret mail, Nnpc included, run come meet me for Owerri.

Na so.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Please those of You that applied for This PTDF SCHOLARSHIP THING... did u pay any 500 to some "Verify me"?? About NIN
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amen, thanks.

vyke2008:
...it's well. One day, just one day.... One will click!

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adeakin777: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Well, at least by now it should have dawned on a lot of newbies applying for a Federal Government Job how their system works. All the hullabaloo about the swiftness, merit and release of letters have quieted down. This is reality, it is the Nigerian system and dare i say it may not change for decades to come. That being said, there may be a silver lining for some. For those who are desperate for this job, now is the time to reach out to whatever connections you have, your local government chairman, your senators. HOR, church, school or anyone in a top position to help out.
Majority of you have gotten to this stage on merit but a lot will need more than that to get in. This is not a sentimental statement, it is fact. And if it makes anyone feel better, more than 95% of applicants for positions in NNPC are going in for reasons(financial, job security et al) other than making genuine changes to the system. And even if they intend/attempt to, the system is far too contaminated Top-Down.

I had stated earlier the level of bureaucracy in the system and some here are still bemused. I laugh really, don't be surprised if APLs are dispatched via a courier service because as usual it has been contracted and someone, somewhere has to benefit from that. Truth is, not too many people will get in without influence and that boils down to sheer luck or your spiritual belief(Hooha can relate). And i say this because a lot of people who merit positions applied for may not be contacted(due to name swaps or FCC restrictions).

In all, this job doesn't necessarily define the destiny of anyone, some may not be contacted but may be better off than those selected in years to come. That is life's mystery.

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chukeg: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
adamx23:

Lol.. I thought someone already trashed this out.. If APL has been typed, there's no way they'll be hoarding it due to the fact that there's a timeframe for acceptance of said letter and resumption.
Nothing was thrashed. What if the date of resumption on the apl is march and they want to send the Apls by end of January as panalyst said. You guys have been craving for panalyst info and now he dropped it and you want to rule his info out. Panalyst has never given any timeline before and now that his source said latest January ending, why not give him the benefit of doubt.

P.S Panalyst has credibility on this thread.

19 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by polyma(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ladyjane5657:
Please those of You that applied for This PTDF SCHOLARSHIP THING... did u pay any 500 to some "Verify me"?? About NIN

Yeah...after payment you will get a document with NIN or BVN Profile. Upload the .pdf into your application. If you don't, you'll be stuck in step 2 or so.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
olasunky15:

Ojoro...... Aremolomi is the captain of #6
Guy is quick to counter anything with the speed of light.

Nice one bro.... More ink to pen.

Why you dey drag APL with us
U probably will make a good living with your writing skills. cheesy

Na joke oo

Lol thanks boss

Writing is a hobby laced with passion,

To some people, NNPC is destiny, not because of the humongous pay at managerial level or attractive on-work conditions (though these are sure good motivations, But migrating to Europe for a good job and the fairytale happily ever after, sounds even better )

Now, you know what would be immortality for me to the world? Using my passion(Writing) to fulfill destiny.

The autobiography of an unknown boy, is almost complete cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello hopefuls.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chukeg: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
larride:
Hello hopefuls.
We dey here!
No shaking.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Macgyver1: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ladyjane5657:

Yes o

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Playzer: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ladyjane5657:
yes

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
polyma:

Yeah...after payment you will get a document with NIN or BVN Profile. Upload the .pdf into your application. If you don't, you'll be stuck in step 2 or so.

Oh! Tanxxx... I been tink say na scammers tho! grin

But looking at this very well na scam o... Imagine millions of people paying that sum and then they GATS pick just a few...

Using US TO GIVE US scholarship! Yeiii..

Yeyenation cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Playzer:
yes

Aiit.. Tanx
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Macgyver1:

Yes o

Tanxxx darl
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by trilobite: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ladyjane5657:

Oh! Tanxxx... I been tink say na scammers tho! grin

But looking at this very well na scam o... Imagine millions of people paying that sum and then they GATS pick just a few...

Using US TO GIVE US scholarship! Yeiii..

Yeyenation cheesy

"USING US TO GIVE US SCHOLARSHIP"!!! cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by StephenEA(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
highzickjosh:

pool of applicants...chai!
bro, whatever happens, you have no justification for throwing in the towel. You are frightened because you still have faith in nnpc.

Now, is there a possibility that you will neither be called by any of those companies you applied for? The answer is YES! Come on, did you see the message? 'Pool of applicants'.

Faith in certificate, good result, work experience, wonderful CV, have all made you so dependent that, if the job does not come, you are frightened what might happen.

People tell me that I should upgrade my skills to make me employable, I should work towards getting a master degree, I should get certifications, bla bla bla... all to make me more employable. Chai!

I took the advice I gave myself, Go and learn a skill that will make me more, an employer of labour. Yeah, I'm a pianist, but, what I need to execute with money, piano will not provide it for me.

I went into research for months, looking for that skill, which best fits my personality, and I got it. I researched on the fixed and working capital, I had nobody to go to. I had to make my Piano an ATM, I went into piano education, I also applied to teach in a secondary school for 20k. I had no problem with the job, I had a goal.

But, fortunately, while doing this, I was called for training, the third stage in the recruitment process, in a company I had gone for an interview. I was no longer waiting for a call, the call came to me on a path to being my own boss.

Note, 4.09 CGPA, thought with this, one time I would get a job, it was then I discovered that even first class graduates are on this boat.

You will have no excuse when you hear the story of some others, who though were in worse situations than you are, yet were able to conquer life.

People might pity your situation, I read someone's comment, "one day one will click". Amen! The pool of applicants are making this same prayer. May God help us all. My brother just got admitted into unizik, he was so happy, but I asked myself how the job market will look like in 2025, when he completes his NYSC. God help us all

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.