Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,323 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4825120 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tejiri4(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Please do the interviewers have major stake in determining if you would be accepted or they are just there to access and grade you?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CsRockefeller(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Enrypech:

You write like a novelist. Are you one or just another good writer out there?

Thanks, I am blushing smiley

I write for fun, not a Novelist.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mvem(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2019
tejiri4:
Please do the interviewers have major stake in determining if you would be accepted or they are just there to access and grade you?
i think they grade you and recommend you also. But it is not up to them if you will be given the job but the management. My thoughts though

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RapportNaija(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
k2039:

To think my panel told me I could unbutton and I refused (I actually thought it was a setup).

My HSE, I was told to list 4, I went beyond 4 and I was told I don't listen to instructions, that I should only do what's asked of me, not beyond.

Different strokes for different folks.

Lol to the refusing part.

I have seen another person mention that 4 tips thing on this thread - I believe there is something to the 4/5 thing... Hmm only God can help us!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RapportNaija(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sethvincent:

This sounds exactly like my own experience. Where you in panel 43?

Panel 35.

I like the fact that the interviewers have similar traits that makes us wonder which panel were they on.

From the gate to the verification and back to exiting, all staffs were polite, calm and jovial.

My desire for this job rose after my interview experience. Cool people are in that organization!

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RapportNaija(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
tejiri4:

How can they have higher stake?

It's a panel, 4 or 5 persons with different bias and all. So, their assertions, altogether, will be considered after the interview. So, other factors may still play out later on.

Why worry over this though?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hmmm.... Nothing at all from the scope of the revealed questions entered my own interview session. Nothing from my CV.

I was asked to discuss in detail everything I knew about Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects, carbon footprints, greenhouse gases and their effect. Very skewed and off-key from expectations.

undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:
Hmmm.... Nothing at all from the scope of the revealed questions entered my own interview session. Nothing from my CV.

I was asked to discuss in detail everything I knew about Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects, carbon footprints, greenhouse gases and their effect. Very skewed and off-key from expectations.

I hope you answered reasonably well though?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by emmanuelsea(m): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hmmn
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:

This has to do with RED na... What's your discipline?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nathphil(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:

I guess panel 38 bro.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by martinsfm(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
mvem:
i think they grade you and recommend you also. But it is not up to them if you will be given the job but the management. My thoughts though
i think this is one of the best comment here.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Has anyone confirm if interview is still on going?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Prettycomy(f): 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:

this sounds like u were interviewed by panel 39, those guys were something else.
Exactly the same questions i was asked
Its well oo

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joecrack(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
Interview went well. First question was to tell them how my expertise was going to benefit the NNPC. I began shooting my shot, enumerating why as a communication expert I will bring my knowledge in the field of PR and public affairs in efficient CSR, media and community relations and to also ensure the public is well informed on the activities of the NNPC, immediately a barrage of questions ensued like dogs just left off a leash. But I was very calm and composed, I understood that part of the grading was checking out your confidence level and emotional stability, as soon as they were done, I knidly told them what I meant and said we needed to do more in making sure majority of Nigerians are aware of the activities of the NNPC through improved media relations.
I was asked a question on safety, one on the impact of oil exploration and was also asked to tell them the quickest decision I have taken in my life and how it panned out, this put me off balance for some seconds but I had to come up with something, wasn't difficult though, I'm a screenwriter so I cooked something immediately.
Lastly, I was told to ask them a question, I started by commending the whole process as very professional and organised and then asked what efforts does the NNPC take in Staff development? The Chairperson explained to me that for GT level, when you're employed, you undergo some trainings, then you're attached to a coach who'll teach and mentor you so as to ensure you feel in the gaps in task and assignments you'll be given, She also mentioned trainings and studies abroad depending on the field, but she emphasized that enormous work and task is involved though.

They thanked me and then said I'll here from them if I am successful.

I went downstairs and wrote my name and account number.

Should be heading back to my daily hustle and pray for the best.

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kevlala: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
All interviews ended yesterday. Am telling u and not asking. Anyone Dat takes place after yesterday is through the back door.
Confirmed. Anyone who is slated for today or Saturday shud be bold to raise his/her hands.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by itzarnold(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
let's just hope things work out well. we have done the interview, its no longer in our hands . at this point we can't change anything
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
Jesus spirit dey here o, keep resurrecting Lazarus. Unfortunately unwisely.
You dont have a problem with tips now cos it didn't help you. Would you have had a problem if it did help you?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
BenFlash:

I hope you answered reasonably well though?

Yep. Did my best. Told them about biofuels, especially bioethanol and biodiesel and natural gas capturing during oil drilling as CDMs. The rest was normal strolling down the park
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Macgyver1: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Aremolomi:
Has anyone confirm if interview is still on going?

Interviews ended yesterday!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

This has to do with RED na... What's your discipline?

Yep. Chemistry.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adamx23(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:

I was asked the same thing..
I was just hearing about it for the first time.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nathphil:
I guess panel 38 bro.

38 or 39, can't really tell
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by iammiracle1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pls who was on panel 18

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by scobyy2007: 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ikpa001:

Chai thick one though....not too tough.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by apaf(m): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pls does anyone know the criteria for scoring during the interview and final criteria that will be used to select applicants.
Really urgent.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
NNPC staffs generally are friendly set of being...I believe poverty have a stake why people are aggressive.
SS 3, SS 2 are supervisory level , SS 1 is supretendent.
Next time you must learn to prepare questions from home for the panelists, it is best to ask questions that tend to pose as a challenge such as Transportation of their products or Safety concerns. NNPC doesn't joke with Safety. They can pay darely for it (legal reasons)
I remembered advising some here that dressing was 10 marks and so putting on suit is the surest way to earn that ,in fact i once said go and lend . I can assure you merits is a must and a major target (Pressure from political Office holder can change this narrative most times but i repeat merit is a must). Recommendations is also part of the process and so don't argue.

Another committee will form the next stage .

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
Now interviews are over, any lawyer here?
What was your experience like
I was only asked one question related to law, others were situational, behavioural and safety
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Proffessorr: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Greatken007:
NNPC staffs generally are friendly set of being...I believe poverty have a stake why people are aggressive.
Next time you must learn to prepare questions from home for the panelists, it is best to ask questions that tend to pose as a challenge such as Transportation of their products or Safety concerns. NNPC doesn't joke with Safety. They can pay darely for it (legal reasons)
I remembered advising some here that dressing was 10 marks and so putting on suit is the surest way to earn that ,in fact i once said go and lend . I can assure you merits is a must and a major target (Pressure from political Office holder can change this narrative most times but i repeat merit is a must). Recommendations is also part of the process and so don't argue.

Thanks for providing clarity on SS2 and SS3.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
Greatken007:

Kindly clarify what you mean exactly by stating another commitee will form the next stage
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bellaenkay(f): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
I was asked a lot of law related questions o. Mention the legislations governing labour law in nigeria, what are the principles of legal drafting, what are the contents of a contract. Tried my best to answer them well. Hoping for the best.

CSmooth:
Now interviews are over, any lawyer here?
What was your experience like
I was only asked one question related to law, others were situational, behavioural and safety

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by theSpark(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
k2039:

To think my panel told me I could unbutton and I refused (I actually thought it was a setup).

They told me to do so and I complied. There was a question they asked about safety in the office. They then said I could stand up and take a look at the room we were in and answer. I stood up but I feel uneasy anytime I remember. Like it was a trap.

Anyway God reigns over all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.