Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4847838 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by identity002: 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
[quote author=Deedee444 post=80423594]Hello House,

The article below should give you an idea how the final ranking would be done (Do not rule out the possibility of using the test score especially if there's a tie):

[b]Ogun State Tops in Zonal Stage of NNPC National Science Quiz

… As 18 Finalists Emerge from Six Geopolitical Zones for Finals
The zonal stage of the NNPC Annual National Science Quiz Competition for 2019 has rounded off with Ogun State emerging tops in the score chart.
A press release by the corporation’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, disclosed that the representative of Ogun State at the South-West Zonal competition, Ojo Samuel, scored 70 points out of 100 which is the highest score among the finalists that emerged from the six geo-political zones of the country.
The two other finalists from the South-West Zone, Aliyu Kayode and Akintade Abdullah, are the representatives of Lagos and Osun States who scored 60 and 55 respectively.
According to Mr. Ughamadu, a total of 18 students emerged at the zonal leg of the competition which held in Owerri (South-East), Uyo (South-South), Bauchi (North-East), Minna (North-Central), Katsina (North-West), and Oshogbo (South-West) last week as part of the preparations for the 2019 edition of the competition.
In the South-East Zone, the representatives of Ebonyi and Imo States, Mbazu Chinonso and Ozuzu Adaeze scored 55 points each to emerge first, while Nwachukwu Ugochukwu, representing Abia State came 3rd with 50 points.
The North-East Zone saw Yusuf Ibrahim from Bauchi State emerge 1st position with a score of 60 points, while Nazifa Musa from Taraba State and Abdul Elkanem from Borno State scored 45 and 40 points respectively to emerge 2nd and 3rd positions.
The representative of Kogi State, Abdullahi Omachonu, emerged 1st with 60 points in the North-Central Zone, while the representatives of Benue and FCT Abuja, Egbuiba Chetachukwu and Aimofumhe Eshiobomhe, tied at 2nd position with 55 points apiece.
Utibeabasi Bassey representing Akwa Ibom State emerged 1st position in the South-South Zone with a score of 60 points, while Osayawe Oduwa and Okogbenin Williams of Bayelsa and Edo States respectively scored 55 points apiece to emerge 2nd.
In the North-West, Bashir Al-Bashir from Kaduna State scored 45 points to emerge 1st, while Salisu Bunza of Kebbi State scored 40 and Osagie Jeremiah from Sokoto State scored 35 points to emerge 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
The 18 finalists will represent their various geopolitical zones at the grand finale of the competition scheduled to hold in September, 2019.
The competition is set up as a core element of NNPC Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) package to promote science education in the country; prepare students for promotional and qualifying examinations; and build friendship amongst the participating students.
Other objectives include: to develop students’ competitive spirit; to break down long-held stereotypes and engender a better sense of national being in participating students; and provide a platform for enlightening the students and the public on the activities of NNPC.
Speaking further on the competition, Ughamadu stated: “Every year, the corporation through this programme raises scholars of repute. The exercise has deepened the interest of our young students to study science, and we are encouraged by the quality of scholars and their performances at various leading universities across the globe. We hope the winners of this year’ edition of the will follow on the path of academic excellence”.

Ndu Ughamadu
Group General Manager
Group Public Affairs Division
NNPC, Abuja.
16th July, 2019.

[/b]

As for the Tfare, 6th seems to be the only day that has been processed and guess what 6th was the only Saturday throughout (I don't think there's any correlation between Tfare & APL at all).

6th was scheduled majorly for Lagos, but I dont know if all the Lagos candidates received their tf.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
klassd:

CBT: 70
Interview: 30

Total: 100

Are you sure about this?

I have never heard of this kind policy during recruitment. CBT can never get that high percentage over interview.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
klassd:

CBT: 70
Interview: 30

Total: 100

. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by daprincel(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello house, has Access bank account holders received the tfare?

Did my interview 8th july, Computer eng.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Local man does not love argument....
Enireqx20:

You want to start another argument today.. Init?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
This piece has nothing to do with the matter at hand... it's for school schools....[quote author=identity002 post=80424126][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sempumping:

It should be the other way ,that's if it 'll be considered . lipsrsealed
Lol what makes u think so?
CBT is a structured test (what you do is what you get) while oral tests can be subjected to biased judgment of the interviewer(s). Why do u even think the panel was made up of several members from several geopolitical zones instead of just one person to cut cost?

All organisations are aware that humans emotions cannot be depended on in critical cases that is why they need several people to score you and get an average score from them.

So I think CBT holds a lot of water more than other theories here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wow. IMO, the theories get worse as time goes by.. Haha.. Past CBT being considered along with interview performance for a job position. Haha.. This is so ridiculously funny grin

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
daprincel:
Hello house, has Access bank account holders received the tfare?

Did my interview 8th july, Computer eng.

1.30pm batch?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by floydmayweather: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dear NNPC hopefuls;

I want to test the theory of the "access bank" and the "anti-access bank" as regards the NNPC recruitment.

Rationale : This was the assumptions that has made a lot of things happen to this thread such as over 400 pages yet APL has not show, people valuing no alert to credit alert, people seeing alert and asking questions if this is my portion of the national cake etc.

Option 1 : If you have receive alert, click like.

Option 2 : If you have NOT receive alert, click share.

Going by the number of people that are currently viewing this thread, I am expecting a response of over 100 (active user and guest viewer). Atleast on that basis we can use this as inference on the total population interviewed as a lot of people participated in Jarus interview session which was active on this thread and also had feedback from candidate who were interviewed earlier to better prepare for their session.

I will collate the result whether u give an honest answer or not. Atleast, I will help someone reduce unnecessary tension running trru minds and focus on other hussle.

23 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teejay1511(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
mosgoon:
Wow. IMO, the theories get worse as time goes by.. Haha.. Past CBT being considered along with interview performance for a job position. Haha.. This is so ridiculously funny grin
Someone said cbt is 70% oral interview 30% grin grin grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
floydmayweather:
Dear NNPC hopefuls;

I want to test the theory of the "access bank" and the "anti-access bank" as regards the NNPC recruitment.

Going by the number of people that are currently viewing this thread, I am expecting a response of over 100 (active user and guest viewer). Atleast on that basis we can use this as inference on the total population interviewed as a lot of people participated in Jarus interview session which was active on this thread and also had feedback from candidate who were interviewed earlier to better prepare for their session.

Just say u dey look for likes and shares.... We go dash freely grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Keemy88(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
God have mercy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
Teejay1511:

Someone said cbt is 70% oral interview 30% grin grin grin

grin grin grin
We all decided to come up with theories.... Make we dey high our tension before nnpc says it is okay cool cool
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
floydmayweather:
Dear NNPC hopefuls;

Going by the number of people that are currently viewing this thread, I am expecting a response of over 100 (active user and guest viewer). Atleast on that basis we can use this as inference on the total population interviewed as a lot of people participated in Jarus interview session and also had feedback from candidate who were interviewed earlier to better prepare for their session.

nice attempt . But as with most online surveys without a control sample, your sample space is prone to lots of data corruption and feedback dishonesty as the result has a tied relationship with human factor bias - confirmation bias being one. Quality online surveys don't have such deficiencies.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
[quote author=bobowaja post=80425186]
Lol what makes u think so?
CBT is a structured test (what you do is what you get) while oral tests can be subjected to biased judgment of the interviewer(s). Why do u even think the panel was made up of several members from several geopolitical zones instead of just one person to cut cost?

All organisations are aware that humans emotions cannot be depended on in critical cases that is why they need several people to score you and get an average score from them.

So I think CBT holds a lot of water ??

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
mosgoon:

Well, I don't think it's ridiculous.
This is copied from quora

"To understand how McKinsey uses the PST you first
need to understand why they bother having such a
test. McKinsey is in the business of solving hard
problems for companies. It is therefore essential that
they recruit the best possible talent every year. If they
failed to hire the smartest candidates for a few years
in a row, McKinsey would probably lose its edge
against Bain or BCG.
The company uses different tools to assess candidates:
CVs, cover letters, case interviews, personal
experience interviews, role plays, etc. The McKinsey
PST is one of these tools and is designed to assess
quantitative and reasoning skills in particular.
In most countries, McKinsey starts by screening
resumes and cover letters. Selected candidates are
then invited to take the McKinsey PST. IGotAnOffer
estimates that 33% of candidates succeed at the PST
in average. Those successful candidates who score
above the 70% passing score are then invited to
participate in 1st round interviews. In other words,
McKinsey mainly uses the problem solving test to
decide if they are going to give you an interview orcocas
not.
Unfortunately, most people think that McKinsey ONLY
uses its PST to decide whether you are invited toCase
interviews or not. This is NOT the case. If you make it
to the last round of interviews, McKinsey will also use
the PST to decide if it should make you an offer or not.
If the company hesitates between you and other
candidates who have done similarly well at their case
interviews, McKinsey will likely choose you if you
scored substantially higher at the PST than they did.
Conversely, if you scored just above the 70%+ passing
score, you will have to do extremely well during case
interviews for McKinsey to extend you an offer.
Candidates tend to prepare much more for case
interviews than they do for the Problem Solving Test.
It therefore seems that investing time to get a very
high score at the PST can be an efficient
differentiating strategy."

So if McKinsey can do it, NNPC may also do it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by floydmayweather: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
bobowaja:

Just say u dey look for likes and shares.... We go dash freely grin grin

Baba abeg let reduce these theories to the barrest minimum.. Let help those who are hypertensive. U dont want to be unhealthy till offer letter go show. U forgot u will need medicals.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by flowwolf09: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
From the archives cheesy

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sempumping:

You have passed the CBT stage and so I think it won't be used .I can't defend what I don't agree with .
By the way ,why would you need to go back to CBT when you already passed (abi them never mark am?)and there are many more variables to be considered .
CBT tested your basic knowledge, you passed ,moved to oral interview, your skill(s)( hard and soft) were tested .You 'll pass to the next stage with that .

You get
So no be everything them go add ba?
Why your schools no dey ignore assignments and tests and just judge based on exams alone? See no one get nnpc evaluation template for hand.... All na guess.

But be sure that the 3 three domains will all be put to test.... The cognitive (cbt), affective (oral) and psychomotive (training) will all be summated later to determine who get what and what at last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
joobseekar:

Well, I don't think it's ridiculous.
This is copied from quora

"To understand how McKinsey uses the PST you first
need to understand why they bother having such a
test. McKinsey is in the business of solving hard
problems for companies. It is therefore essential that
they recruit the best possible talent every year. If they
failed to hire the smartest candidates for a few years
in a row, McKinsey would probably lose its edge
against Bain or BCG.
The company uses different tools to assess candidates:
CVs, cover letters, case interviews, personal
experience interviews, role plays, etc. The McKinsey
PST is one of these tools and is designed to assess
quantitative and reasoning skills in particular.
In most countries, McKinsey starts by screening
resumes and cover letters. Selected candidates are
then invited to take the McKinsey PST. IGotAnOffer
estimates that 33% of candidates succeed at the PST
in average. Those successful candidates who score
above the 70% passing score are then invited to
participate in 1st round interviews. In other words,
McKinsey mainly uses the problem solving test to
decide if they are going to give you an interview orcocas
not.
Unfortunately, most people think that McKinsey ONLY
uses its PST to decide whether you are invited toCase
interviews or not. This is NOT the case. If you make it
to the last round of interviews, McKinsey will also use
the PST to decide if it should make you an offer or not.
If the company hesitates between you and other
candidates who have done similarly well at their case
interviews, McKinsey will likely choose you if you
scored substantially higher at the PST than they did.
Conversely, if you scored just above the 70%+ passing
score, you will have to do extremely well during case
interviews for McKinsey to extend you an offer.
Candidates tend to prepare much more for case
interviews than they do for the Problem Solving Test.
It therefore seems that investing time to get a very
high score at the PST can be an efficient
differentiating strategy."

So if McKinsey can do it, NNPC may also do it.
haha.. You went to go and pick McKinsey as an example.. A company I worked in and have first hand experience of the recruitment process as well as relationship with one of their regional HRs. You culled that from Igotanoffer.com right?

Lee me put it straight to you. The scenario you posted in your culled text is EXTREMELY! rare.. And even non existent most of the time. When that comes is and why it even comes in at all is cos the PST is structured differently to many other job recruitment tests. Mcks PST has in it on the job style categorized questions.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
mosgoon:
haha.. You went to go and pick McKinsey as an example.. A company I worked in and have first hand experience of the recruitment process as well as relationship with one of their regional HRs. You culled that from Igotanoffer.com right?

Lee me put it straight to you. The scenario you posted in your culled text is EXTREMELY! rare.. And even non existent most of the time. When that comes is and why it even comes in at all is cos the PST is structured differently to many other job recruitment tests. Mcks PST has in it on the job style categorized questions.

Extremely rare doesn't rule it out.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
bobowaja:

So no be everything them go add ba?

Ok
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
floydmayweather:

Baba abeg let reduce these theories to the barrest minimum.. Let help those who are hypertensive. U dont want to be unhealthy till offer letter go show. U forgot u will need medicals.
But is is not really out of point....
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
joobseekar:

Abeg leave the dude.... Na loud mouth

So to some the cbt is just to weed out some people? I laugh sha
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Voice234: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nostradamus:
hmmm...

Do you have any idea their salary?
yea... thou one can never be too sure. But if you have a contrary opinion, you are welcome to share
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
joobseekar:

I explained why it would even be considered at all for Mck. Mck being a unique style case. And even for Mck It doesn't happen 99.99% of the time. Trust me
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gianluigizona(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Voice234:
Chevron and Total

Actually NLNG pays more Chevron n Total.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
bobowaja:

Abeg leave the dude.... Na loud mouth

So to some the cbt is just to weed out some people? I laugh sha
in structured recruitments, you would know when an aptitude tests feeds into your interview performance. I'm not being a loud mouth. This is facts. It's actually funny that this is being discussed

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nostradamus: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Voice234:
yea... thou one can never be too sure. But if you have a contrary opinion, you are welcome to share
how much is it?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gianluigizona(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
klassd:

Right, only GM and GGMs have influence over this recruitment.

GMs don't... GGMs na only the ones wey get relationship to the inner circle...n in talking presidential inner circle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.