Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4826205 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Local man must say weldone for keeping d thread going... about d list...it's safe... added recently was clifwoods.this is after moogoogaipan and darado...lol
GeniusOla:

Oga gbriels abeg help us to keep that list intact, nothing must do it o...

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mitocyan: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
Gbriels:
It's so so sad bro....but we gonna overcome it somehow with dudes like u and Jiang and many more of like minds

Lool don't see it that way bro. I've always been a patriot and I'm still a patriot. If I ever get an opportunity to go abroad for masters and get a good job that will establish me I will definitely go and I will still come back to put down my own contribution to the development of the country.

Lots of the young minds that are contributing to the development of Nigeria today have support and funding from abroad. Think of Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, founders of paystack, kudi AI, kobo360, One Finance, flyingdoctor, to name a few. If you check the boards of these company you'll find that a large percentage schooled abroad but due to their love for Nigeria and their foresight on the business opportunities that Nigeria has to offer they decided to come back and put something on ground.

There's a saying that goes: before a man can confront what killed his father he must first gather enough resources to fight that thing. This doesn't mean that those that have been in Nigeria haven't had massive contributions too people like Jarus come to mind and also the CEO of sofreshng. You can google all these people/company to find out more.

The important thing is the love and compassion for the struggling people when you have gotten to the top. How you get there shouldn't be what matters as long as it is legit.

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2019
Gbriels:
Local man must say weldone for keeping d going... about d list it's safe... adding recently was clifwoods.this is after moogoogaipan and darado...lol

Lol I ain't supposed to be on that list
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by gwighalo: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
vyke2008:

Did Exxon employ all the graduands? Remember it's not about your friend, it is about you. All man on your own! There may be opportunities out there to get absorbed by multinationals, but have it at the back of your mind that you may not get any offer even 5years post graduation "God forbid". Your friend might be lucky he graduated when there was chance and recruitment exercise. Just be open minded.

I left the UK a couple of years ago having completed an MSc degree, top of my class. I felt quite devastated that I would return to Nigeria not having enough time to apply for jobs. While some of us were busy sorting it out in libraries, a couple of guys were resign to accepting whatever the outcome of studies, and were busy applying for jobs like mad.

I started a good buying and selling hustle, and was able to secure a job with an E&P coy 15 months after returning. I have had funded opportunities to pursue PhD since then but I have declined because they were geared towards addressing problems in Europe. I soon realized that returning back isn’t a death sentence after all. And if I must pursue a PhD or other degrees, it should be one that would solve one or some of the numerous challenges here in Nigeria. Novel solutions including strong regulations that would address issues like waste management problem; how we can all enjoy a clean and healthy environment.

It’s a big shame that the issue of banditry is a mockery because we still adopt archaic approach; that’s why the faceless guys could hit easily and run to the depth of our forest, causing ‘Sevia pains.’ I have imagined the design and implementation of a long range motion detector that could span several kilometers, deploying radar systems/radio wave/etc with several base stations, with high resolution smart cameras with IP addresses and facial recognition. Something that would watch the nooks and crannies of our forest—so much prospects from such projects.

Also, it would shock you to know how some of the major players in our O&G industry are milking us dry due to poor hydrocarbon accounting/non declaration of actual crude produced on daily basis. If one must think of an approach for this country, one must factor-in policies. Non effective policies/no policy at all, and terrible culture are the major problems affecting our country.

I think it’s necessary for one to study this country deeply and decide on an issue to address before thinking of further studies.

I am happy that I came back because I have gone ahead to solving massive massive problems for my family and friends; things that wouldn’t have been easy for me to do if I had remain abroad. The best one could get as entry ( often, your experience in naija dont count) in the UK is about 28k pounds to 36k pounds/annum for high paying jobs ( Jaguar Land Rover, British Petroleum, etc). That comes down to about 25/33k after tax. Factor-in other expenses, then you are very average and basically a backpacker if you reside anywhere near London( London Burroughs, Reading, Cambridge, etc) as accomodation can be very expensive.

Also, anything can happen. An employer may discontinue sponsoring your work permit, it may be difficult to find another. You may become desperate and opt for a lower paying job if you are lucky enough to find one in-time before expiration of your visa. This is applicable in the US and other countries as well.

A Job with NNPC isn’t bad at all if it will still amount to finding a job after earning a foreign degree. You can be on the job and pursue a masters degree, on the side, if you are so keen about it. One will have lot of flexibility working in an organization like NNPC. You will learn a lot including the politics in our energy sector, and if you are observant and smart enough, you will find lot of issues to address. You can then come up with a framework/solution and think of how to implement it by pursuing further degree or by other means.

One shouldn’t go do a masters/PhD just for the prospects of better jobs or living best live abroad—you may succeed or fail at that, and you would’ve missed the point. You will derive satisfaction knowing that you addressed a problem spot-on or that you tried your best in an attempt.

Lastly, I know a couple of guys who came from the UK and US for this interview, and are praying they get APL. My two cents cool

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2019
I'm fighting hard to avoid ur words but bear with me bro....
Don't see it that way too...
It's not until we go outside the shores of Nigeria and come back that we can make impact...
We can start by changing that mindset....
Good examples u have there ..
Local man say weldone..
Mitocyan:

Lool don't see it that way bro. I've always been a patriot and I'm still a patriot. If I ever get an opportunity to go abroad for masters and get a good job that will establish me I will definitely go and I will still come back to put down my own contribution to the development of the country.

Lots of the young minds that are contributing to the development of Nigeria today have support and funding from abroad. Think of Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, founders of paystack, kudi AI, kobo360, One Finance, flyingdoctor, to name a few. If you check the boards of these company you'll find that a large percentage schooled abroad but due to their love for Nigeria and their foresight on the business opportunities that Nigeria has to offer they decided to come back and put something on ground.

There's a saying that goes: before a man can confront what killed his father he must first gather enough resources to fight that thing. This doesn't mean that those that have been in Nigeria haven't had massive contributions too people like Jarus come to mind and also the CEO of sofreshng. You can google all these people/company to find out more.

The important thing is the love and compassion for the struggling people when you have gotten to the top. How you get there shouldn't be what matters as long as it is legit.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Cochukwu: 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nice

Thanks for this.
gwighalo:

I left the UK a couple of years ago having completed an MSc degree, top of my class. I felt quite devastated that I would return to Nigeria not having enough time to apply for jobs. While some of us were busy sorting it out in libraries, a couple of guys were resign to accepting whatever the outcome of studies, and were busy applying for jobs like mad.

I started a good buying and selling hustle, and was able to secure a job with an E&P coy 15 months after returning. I have had funded opportunities to pursue PhD since then but I have declined because they were geared towards addressing problems in Europe. I soon realized that returning back isn’t a death sentence after all. And if I must pursue a PhD or other degrees, it should be one that would solve one or some of the numerous challenges here in Nigeria. Novel solutions including strong regulations that would address issues like waste management problem; how we can all enjoy a clean and healthy environment.

It’s a big shame that the issue of banditry is a mockery because we still adopt archaic approach; that’s why the faceless guys could hit easily and run to the depth of our forest, causing ‘Sevia pains.’ I have imagined the design and implementation of a long range motion detector that could span several kilometers, deploying radar systems/radio wave/etc with several base stations, with high resolution smart cameras with IP addresses and facial recognition. Something that would watch the nooks and crannies of our forest—so much prospects from such projects.

Also, it would shock you to know how some of the major players in our O&G industry are milking us dry due to poor hydrocarbon accounting/non declaration of actual crude produced on daily basis. If one must think of an approach for this country, one must factor-in policies. Non effective policies/no policy at all, and terrible culture are the major problems affecting our country.

I think it’s necessary for one to study this country deeply and decide on an issue to address before thinking of further studies.

I am happy that I came back because I have gone ahead to solving massive massive problems for my family and friends; things that wouldn’t have been easy for me to do if I had remain abroad. The best one could get as entry ( often, your experience in naija dont count) in the UK is about 28k pounds to 36k pounds/annum for high paying jobs ( Jaguar Land Rover, British Petroleum, etc). That comes down to about 25/33k after tax. Factor-in other expenses, then you are very average and basically a backpacker if you reside anywhere near London( London Burroughs, Reading, Cambridge, etc) as accomodation can be very expensive.

Also, anything can happen. An employer may discontinue sponsoring your work permit, it may be difficult to find another. You may become desperate and opt for a lower paying job if you are lucky enough to find one in-time before expiration of your visa. This is applicable in the US and other countries as well.

A Job with NNPC isn’t bad at all if it will still amount to finding a job after earning a foreign degree. You can be on the job and pursue a masters degree, on the side, if you are so keen about it. One will have lot of flexibility working in an organization like NNPC. You will learn a lot including the politics in our energy sector, and if you are observant and smart enough, you will find lot of issues to address. You can then come up with a framework/solution and think of how to implement it by pursuing further degree or by other means.

One shouldn’t go do a masters/PhD just for the prospects of better jobs or living best live abroad—you may succeed or fail at that, and you would’ve missed the point. You will derive satisfaction knowing that you addressed a problem spot-on or that you tried your best in an attempt.

Lastly, I know a couple of guys who came from the UK and US for this interview, and are praying they get APL. My two cents cool

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol...u have one chance to redeem urself....
Confirm from ur sauce and source the validity of enrypech claim....ur call now
Clifwoods:

Lol I ain't supposed to be on that list

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
Gbriels:
Lol...u have one chance to redeem urself....
Confirm from ur sauce and source the validity of enrypech claim....ur call now

Lol Enrypech claim is "fa fa fa foul" grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ginalex(f): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
gwighalo:

Thank you smiley
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
@Enrypech...abeg com si sontin here...
Clifwoods:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by vyke2008: 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2019
gwighalo:

Guy, you've spoken well. Who no go, no go know. I had similar experience... I had to pack my bag after my MSc back to 9ja. I am happy I did. I am praying for my APL to secure my career and contribute to nation building.

All that glitters ain't gold they say...

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
gwighalo:

Thanks so much for this.

I have been battling with myself for weeks now. I have an offer for a fully funded MS (Spring 2020) in US at hand, and I'm almost positive I'll be called for NNPC...I've been continuously battling with trying to make a correct life decision...

I really love this country, and can't think of settling anywhere else. I think I'll just ditch the offer jare, and pick up the letter when it comes, if it comes.

Thanks for this insight.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Clifwoods:

All in the name of redeeming yourself??

Lolzz

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
All these "Abroad guys" competing jobs with us here, E Jo edakun, Han Han... Enu gbe, abegi cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
Gbriels:
@Enrypech...abeg com si sontin here...

Lol

Fingers crossed
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
joobseekar:
All these "Abroad guys" competing jobs with us here, E Jo edakun, Han Han... Enu gbe, abegi cheesy cheesy

Lol.

Me I wanted so ask somebody here if he has received alert.

Nothing serious o, just to check something

But some over productive beings here may advise me to get productive with myself

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Enrypech:

Lol.

But some over productive beings here may advise me to get productive with myself

Lol. Abeg ask o.

It seems you've seen or heard something new. grin grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Enrypech:

Lol

What if e come drop
Flexing things ma guy! grin grin

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by femokleen(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
Enrypech:

Lol.

Have you been paid?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ozoebuka1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
femokleen:

Have you been paid?
checking something? grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
femokleen:

Have you been paid?

Yes

He paid it on the Cross of Calvary

16 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
Enrypech Checking something, 21% Loading...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ah God ! See mindset cry
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Alfrediolu: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2019
talk2dace:

Kindly see attached...from one level to the other you can tell, from 3 to 4yrs....

Thank you!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
cool, well said, you addressed a good portion of the circumstances, interest and person-specific parts of the points I had in mind and this is even using NNPC as a casestudy, there are far better case studies.
gwighalo:

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
Gbriels:
It's so so sad bro....but we gonna overcome it somehow with dudes like u and Jiang and many more of like minds

My guy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
joobseekar:
Enrypech Checking something, 21% Loading...
lol, he/she would be lynched if APL doesn't come in tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by holujay: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Enrypech:

Lol.

Very funny u....I understand u bae, going by some people's records here, one easily finalises they merit d job and their APL is undeniable...I'd find my self in this submission too...

But I'd end up within me that this race isn't for the very swift neither is the battle for the strongest...but to God that showeths mercy...yes, I'd believe many will win the battle on the record of merits/previous achievements, yet, I'd also believe that many will win the battle to be a clear testament to God's mercy

NB: When mercy speaks, protocols/records are broken.
Peace unto everyone that acknowledges his/her inadequacies but yet clinges to the infinite mercy of our Lord

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by scobyy2007: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
deep
holujay:

Very funny u....I understand u bae, going by some people's records here, one easily finalises they merit d job and their APL is undeniable...I'd find my self in this submission too...

But I'd end up within me that this race isn't for the very swift neither is the battle for the strongest...but to God that showeths mercy...yes, I'd believe many will win the battle on the record of merits/previous achievements, yet, I'd also believe that many will win the battle to be a clear testament to God's mercy

Peace unto everyone that acknowledges his/her inadequacies but yet clinges to the infinite mercy of our Lord

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
holujay:

Oil on your head.

You xrayed my mind perfectly. You could never be more accurate.

Just as you said. Our hope is built on nothing less than Christ Jesus our rightousness

Sorry, I'm a guy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AdekunleAkofe(m): 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
Abkhad:
They have started contacting applicants referees so get ready to rumble

Another one. How’s that possible?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
mosgoon:
lol, he/she would be lynched if APL doesn't come in tomorrow
Moosgon Moosgon. Lynching makes us stronger right?

On the other news, isn't it funny there is no way to lynch those who disbelieved us if everything goes as we said?

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.