Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4848217 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kevlala: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
baccanista:

Lol.

You are now contradicting yourself in a desperate attempt to make a point. Of course showing good knowledge of the job requirements will impress any panel.

Good luck with your assumptions.

U obviously Dnt get my line if thought.

U talked abt being independent and that asking before an interview u are bugging the coy.

Anyways am out of this argument.

If there is anything u shud take out from this is, if another applicant had the boldness to source for the JD from the coy before the interview he may stand a better chance than u with an only google researched Jd. Being proactive is expected from us all.

Let no one think he doesn't have right to ask before the interview. U all do. Note before the interview and not on the interview day.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by talk2dace(m): 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bros, pls what other way can the OP's question be paraphrased??

Secondly, as I have taken part in several recruitment panels, the impression I get with this question is that you are a person that doesn't pay attention to detail ESPECIALLY concerning a job you long to take either due to passion or survival. What happened to last minute research a day b4 the interview?

I beg do not mislead younger interviewees. What happens to "1st impression matters"?

My candid opinion.

Ndewo!

NigelCundy:
You made an awesome submission boss. However, I think it doesn't warrant the interviewers to be upset.

As the OP stated that they did not previously inform them about the JD prior to the interview. Also, even if they had given the description and responsibilities to be performed by a candidate, it is not out of place for a candidate to ask what the day to day responsibilities of the job is because it gives the candidate a better perspective of what he can expect in the role and it also allows them weigh their strengths against what a regular day on the job looks like.

I am of the opinion that many Nigerians who make up interview panels are not trained for it, that is the reason many of them lack judgment and allow bias in their selection.

OP, you weren't completely wrong. I'd advise that you compose the question in a different manner when next you're faced with such a situation.
Good luck.

Thank you oga Jarus.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
talk2dace:
[Aquote author=NigelCundy post=81577077]You made an awesome submission boss. However, I think it doesn't warrant the interviewers to be upset.

As the OP stated that they did not previously inform them about the JD prior to the interview. Also, even if they had given the description and responsibilities to be performed by a candidate, it is not out of place for a candidate to ask what the day to day responsibilities of the job is because it gives the candidate a better perspective of what he can expect in the role and it also allows them weigh their strengths against what a regular day on the job looks like.

I am of the opinion that many Nigerians who make up interview panels are not trained for it, that is the reason many of them lack judgment and allow bias in their selection.

OP, you weren't completely wrong. I'd advise that you compose the question in a different manner when next you're faced with such a situation.
Good luck.

Thank you oga Jarus.

I think 'irritated' is a more befitting description, however showing it to the candidate right there in the panel room is unprofessional IMHO and this act supports my earlier submission that he prolly has his candidate, hence the overt emotion to sway the decision of the other panelists.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
Who remembers the man in grey as the secretary to GT panel, 2nd July.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Moham553:
Bring down the picture... It is against nairaland rules to upload someone's picture(s) without their consent. Thanks
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
This picture was from an online publication. I believe it is already in the public domain sir

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
We need to pray o cry cry
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by victory148(m): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sempumping:
We need to pray o cry cry September isn't looking clear o embarassed
What's up? let's know how to align the prayer
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by vyke2008: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sempumping:
We need to pray o cry cry
September isn't looking clear o embarassed

Let's organise a "one day" fasting n prayer for this NNPC recruitment. Theme: God please favour local Men n Women.

Those in support click like... otherwise, share!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
victory148:

What's up? let's know how to align the prayer
Prayer point local men and women "God please take control of this process ,every agent of delay in human form,cancel them by fire "Amen
We can start with that ,and add fasting to it grin

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by vyke2008: 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sempumping:

Prayer point local men and women "God please take control of this process ,every agent of delay in human form,cancel them by fire "Amen
We can start with that ,and add fasting to it grin

I agree with @sempumping. Let's agree and choose a date... I suggest Tuesday or Wednesday. Any one with me?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
The question can be rephrased by saying "Asides from the general description of this role, what are the day to day activities expected of me" or "what does an average day on the job look like"?

I say this with all due respect: Your second paragraph emphasizes the point I made about many panels not being trained to conduct interviews because they think "it is just an interview".

With my knowledge of the HR industry both home and abroad, I can tell you that a candidate who asks any of the questions I posted above shows a zeal towards the job rather than someone who just wants to get a job, and this holds for both EH and GT positions. This is simply because organizational environnements differ based on different factors. So, there may be some untold activities that an individual ought to perform daily on the job. Eg Meeting with the COO, or checking in with your supervisor.

Dear All, I will once again reiterate my first point that it is not out of place to ask about some of the day to day activities you are expected to perform in a role. Whether you are changing industry or coming in as a graduate.

talk2dace:
Bros, pls what other way can the OP's question be paraphrased??

Secondly, as I have taken part in several recruitment panels, the impression I get with this question is that you are a person that doesn't pay attention to detail ESPECIALLY concerning a job you long to take either due to passion or survival. What happened to last minute research a day b4 the interview?

I beg do not mislead younger interviewees. What happens to "1st impression matters"?

My candid opinion.

Ndewo!

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Our labour law, just like many of our laws are outdated and ambiguous. There are labour and employment laws in the US and Europe that guide against such practices. As a matter of fact, HR audit is a key activity that must be carried out by organizations to ensure they are complying with the laws of the land in terms of recruitment and selection. In Nigeria, it's a case of "anything goes".

I pray we get there some day. Amen

BenFlash:

I think 'irritated' is a more befitting description, however showing it to the candidate right there in the panel room is unprofessional IMHO and this act supports my earlier submission that he prolly has his candidate, hence the overt emotion to sway the decision of the other panelists.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
vyke2008:

I agree with @sempumping. Let's agree and choose a date... I suggest Tuesday or Wednesday. Any one with me?

No be only fasting, na slowing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
vyke2008:

Let's organise a "one day" fasting n prayer for this NNPC recruitment. Theme: God please favour local Men n Women.

Those in support click like... otherwise, share!

Come again

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

No be only fasting, na slowing
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
This guy seems to have information... cos he doesn’t talk much . Have checked all his previous post.

Mon-weds...

Chibusoil:
As from tomorrow, miracles will happen. Smiles everywhere. Mon - weds

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by andrewtosin(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sempumping:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Honestly, I have the feelings APL won't exceed this month
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kachii77: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
I was also about to search for u ....as u had info about when d interviews would begin...any news on apl
Aremolomi:

This guy seems to have information... cos he doesn’t talk much . Have checked all his previous post.

Mon-weds...

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by gragz8701: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Moham553:
Why can't you just learn to respect people's privacy for God sake?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chibusoil: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
For those who did not get TF alert, be prepared to receive ur APL. For those that got, u will not b able to gain access to ur portal anymore as from 4pm tomao.

This NL page is coming to an end soon.

Happy Sunday my people. Be encouraged

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chibusoil:
For those who did not get TF alert, be prepared to receive ur APL. For those that got, u will not b able to gain access to ur portal anymore as from 4pm tomao.

Who axe you?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
My issue with local men and women is that.....
They give credence to alien like chibusoil by quoting them....
4pm tomorrow is 24hours away....I hope he will be completely ignored after that....

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chibusoil:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chibusoil:

I assume you had your interview on either the 3rd or 5th. That is why you just spilled that out. Most of us have passed that level!!! You don't have details!

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chibusoil:

This is bold statement, you know?

Let's see how this plays out
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
I'll quote you by your word soon! Prophet Chibusoil

Chibusoil:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
@local man jarus.....
I missed checking something oooo...
And I wantu to check pls
That "next week" way u be talk since....abeg e never reach?
.....@beeam,souljar, chasteguy, teaser4, bobowaja, mathology, benflash,Steve55, Number5, Jiang,larride, enrypech, olasunky, adeebiwa09, RealisticJ, and rest local men......I hail ooo

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by daima: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
Violence is never the solutions.. Be nice... cry
And mr 4pm. Time will tell

[quote author=Rafiq2 post=81595271][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RealisticJ: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gbriels:
@local man jarus.....
And I wantu to check pls
.....@beeam,souljar, chasteguy, teaser4, bobowaja, mathology, benflash,Steve55, Number5, Jiang,larride, enrypech, olasunky, adeebiwa09, RealisticJ, and rest local men......I hail ooo

I sight u boss...this APL wait don tire me self. Hope it ends soon...How service today na abi u be Muslim
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gbriels:
@local man jarus.....
And I wantu to check pls

I hail baba
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gbriels:
@local man jarus.....
And I wantu to check pls
Lol I hail baba..... My mind is not on it tho. Anytime it drops. But I know it will be success story for me and other local men and women here. Happy Sunday fellas

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.