Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! (8668 Views)

Subliminal Messages Hidden In Disney Cartoons That Our Kids Watch / Our Kids And Modern Cartoons. / Is It Wise To Allow Our Kids To Speak Pidgin English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by melmbaso: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
i completely agree kids should do more active stuff and i wish i could let me kids do more personally but its not possible at the moment i have 3 kids aged 3, 2 and 2 months old i live in a fflat my kids cant go outside without being supervised and having a newborn, tv is a god send to be honest seeing as i choose appropriate educating programmes im guessing its not too bad as their learning while im busy trying to keep up with housework and the newborn baby and my wifly duties around the house, i always make sure they go to the park or play out for 1 - 2 solid hours if the weather is apropriate but we have a sheltered area they can play out too on bikes so they are not becoming couch potatoes, if i lived in a house with a garden truth be told the back door will always be open and they would be out all day for as long as they want to be there as they love being outside , so sometimes you just have to make best of what you got and be happy that you are trying very hard to give them everything they need physically emotionally and mentally cos it aint easy being indoors with 3 kids that have the energy of a leopard, im new in the are and from another part of the country so i dont have my family and friends here to help and go to have a change of scenary so its just me my husband and 3 kids all day and all night long (my husband works so its basically me thats with them all day all night)

1 Like

Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 16, 2011
get the full dstv bouquet

ceebeebies and disney junior only for the kids

cartoon network is crap for kids, mindless entertainment
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by mrsmbaso(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2011
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by lekside44(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2011
cartoons shown on cartoon network cant match the cartoons i watched on our local stations as a kid
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by AdamuW: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2011
This is an interesting topic. Especially as I love cartoons and I'm part of a production team that's recently released a new Nigerian educational cartoon for kids. I had this same discussion with a friend of mine last night who is a father. Getting the balance right is tough as a parent is tough. First of all getting the right T.V./reading/physical activity balance. Then when children do watch T.V. what type of programmes do they watch? It's not easy.
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by lifesabeach: 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Very interesting topic... Ever watch "2 stupid dogs" ? i had to ban that one in my house because i don't want my children behaving like idiots...huh angry
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by smartmom(f): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2013
I had to seive out the cartoons and shows as they grew older. I discovered that even show meant for preteens really isnt the right stuff if you want your kids uncorrupted. Adventure Time in Nikolodeon has been banned in my house. It is really annoying the way they introduce these subtel sexaul undertones to so many of their cartoons and shows. Yes its a reality of life but for goodness sake what is an 8 yr old watching ICarly learning by watching all the smooching and stuff every day?

Matter of fact, lets steer our kids to reading good stuff and we will see a better generation emerge.
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by qwertyuiop2: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
If you don't want your child doing "extreme superman stunts", or just want him/her to watch something age appropriate, Get Netflix or find out what channel The Hub is on. They can watch tons of kid friendly shows such as (a favorite of mine) My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. The first two seasons were made by Lauren Faust who is an amazing writer, and the next two seasons are just as good. If you wan't, you can even sit down and watch it with them. It teaches important life lessons about Friendship, Love, and Toleration. It is greatly animated, amazing voice acting (Tara Strong just to name one), and it's funny. There are even some references to famous movies like Star Wars and many others. I do watch this show every time it has been on, and it has brought no negativity to my life. So there's my advice, take it or leave it.
Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by egopersonified(f): 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
My kids always feel am being wicked by not allowing them watch carton network, the violence is even more than some adult channels. Some schools even instruct parents not to allow their kids watch it becos the kids come to school to practice what they have seen.

1 Like

Re: What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! by MarryMeee: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
zaliya:
Powerpuff girls, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Samurai Jack, Camp Lazlo, ,

My son thinks the characters in these Cartoons are real!

He just got back from the orthopedics after jumping and breaking his elbow joint.

Pls share your experiences on what this has done to you children (Positively or negatively)

Tanks
make him watch cartoons like Dora the explorer, there are much more educative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

........ / Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.