Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (57426 Views)

Anambra State Delegation Understudies The Operations Of Lagos State Motor Agency / Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / Baru Directs NNPC Retail To Secure 30% Marktet Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Jodesky(m): 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
rusher14:

I know you are not an illiterate.

Spot the difference.

But he's actually a school dropout for persistent failure. So why is he not an illiterate. He thinks one oil well equals ALL oil wells.

You can see his fellows idiots on the thread. To read and understand a simple memo has become a mountain.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by luluosas(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
I pitied the father that gave birth to you
ZombieNation:
This is what Chavez did in Venezuela.

NNPC that can not manage a refinery or even to import fuel is who this goat wants to hand the highly intricate and efficiency driven oil drilling operation.

Once they loot all the money for drilling, let me see where they will get money to maintain operations.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 14, 2019
I notice those supporting Buhari are from West...

Don't blame them shaa

One man cage them with their destiny..

So forgive them for they don't know what there are doing....

Anumanu
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Chestbeaters: 12:34am On Mar 14, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Don't blame them shaa

Anumanu
Igbos no get any sense chai grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jerryvyne(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2019
Pls someone should explain well to me oo..

Is it through out Nigeria or what? Which one oils ogoniland

So, shell is not.gonna be operative again??

Chai.. make we zero our mind off oil money if so o..cause shell dey do bonanza gan
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jerryvyne(m): 1:08am On Mar 14, 2019
OsusuBishop:

Exactly my thought. Unfortunately, we don't have Petroleum Minister and nobody should mention Ibe Kachukwu here.

Who.is d minister of petroleum if not buhari himself
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jerryvyne(m): 1:16am On Mar 14, 2019
couragemurphy:
So many misleading opinions here. Simple memo but people interpreting it like rocket science some because of simple hatred for just one man PMB are condemning this good gesture from the government. While some don't know but will comment in things they have little or no knowledge about

1. First, the OP didn't use the right caption as it is misleading. The literal meaning according to OP says NNPC to take over ownership of the wells (without specifying which OML or OPL)

2. Back to the memo. It is a directive to NNPC to take over operating ownership of OML11( just one oilfield in Ogoniland) via one of its subsidiaries NPDC. Just like SPDC, NAOC, TEPNG etc, NPDC is into crude oil exploration and production activities but solely owned by Nigeria.

3. NPDC currently operates OML26, 34, 13 etc. They have most of their flowstations in Edo and Delta states. But most of these fields are marginal fields formerly owned by SPDC but not annexed or produced due to reasons like low production rate, problems with host communities etc.

4. Indigenous oil companies like Seplat, Platform Petroleum, Pillar oil, Midwestern oil, Newcross oil, etc are all producing most of our marginal fields today. Thereby boosting our daily production, creating more job opportunities both directly and indirectly, etc

5. So is this a welcome development by the government? Except you are an enemy to yourself and the state. I see no reason why all Nigerians shouldn't be happy with this. For many years now, SPDC has not been able to produce this oil field due to her problems with the host communities. Criminals have been vandalising most of these oil wells in bunkering activities, illegal refining of the crude siphoned, and polluting the environment.

So if NPDC commences production,
1. Most of the indigenes will be employed
2. Social economic activities will increase in the land and more job opportunities both directly and indirectly for Nigerians
3. Nigeria's daily oil production will rise
4. Host state allocations will increase and royalties too. Tax to state government will increase
5. NPDC will provide some social amenities for the host communities as contained in their MoU
6. More marriage opportunities for the local indigenes
7. Business will boom for the oloshos ....lol
8. Illegal siphoning of the abandoned wells will reduce or stop. And etc

So in conclusion we should be happy with this directive.
Also the fact that you didn't vote for PMB doesn't mean you should condemn obvious good news like this.

I have one question..hope it doesn't stops shell's commitment to the society n students in higher institution.
You knw what I mean d scholarship schemes
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 14, 2019
farem:
Sai Buhari

Buhari has directed the NNPC to take over the operatorship of the oil wells from 30th April, 2019 and be confirmed 2nd May, 2019

the body of the letter said OML 11 which belongs to SPDC not all oil wells... or are you afoool.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by grandstar(m): 2:13am On Mar 14, 2019
Pavarottii:
I see people with low level of iq every where... This memo just simply means that shell will resume operations... But will do that through nnpc... If ogoni people like let dem think they can fight the govt again... My brother it will not be child's play any longer... The bloodsucking buhari is on ground that has full backing from the US(the owners of shell) and they would ground anybody that tries to stop shell from doing their business.

If only Nigerians know d poo we are in.. you all will weep for ur country.

She'll is Anglo-Dutch and not American

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by afroxyz: 2:14am On Mar 14, 2019
rusher14:

Stop misrepresenting a simple issue.

What is wrong with you lot?

he doesn't understand what he typed sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by wizardus: 2:15am On Mar 14, 2019
Datazone:

Of course, that's why I cannot find it. For you to see the post for what it really is you first have to unwarp and morph your mind from this " Buhari is a Messiah" and all his actions are 100% justified mentality
Ode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Pavarottii(m): 2:25am On Mar 14, 2019
grandstar:

She'll is Anglo-Dutch and not American
it is halfly owned by Britain who are our colonizers.. that's the point am trying to pass.
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Nobody: 3:37am On Mar 14, 2019
jerryvyne:

I have one question..hope it doesn't stops shell's commitment to the society n students in higher institution.
You knw what I mean d scholarship schemes

No it doesn't at all. This OML11 has not been operated by SPDC for long time now. moreover it is just one oil field within Ogoniland. SPDC has many operated assets currently in Nigeria eg Bonga FPSO. SPDC also has much shares in many other oil fields operated by eg TEPNG, NAOC, NLNG, Adax etc. So they are still a major player in Nigeria. Currently their daily production output is around 600,000bopd (barrel of oil per day)
Meanwhile Nigeria's total output per day is around 2.6 million barrels.

So you can see they are responsible directly for about 25% of our daily production as a country. meanwhile the other 75%, they are also indirectly contributing because they are share holders with most of the other major IOCs operating in Nigeria.

in conclusion, they are still very much committed to business in Nigeria and also to their Corporate Social Responsibilities in naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by bellotaofeek: 4:00am On Mar 14, 2019
ezenwajosh:
Hahaha Zara BUHARI is also BOARD MEMBER IN NNPC

Are u seeing what I saw ? This is gonna be stealing bybtrick, as he is stylishly pocketing nigeria ...lol
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by tiredoflife(m): 4:57am On Mar 14, 2019
Sirjamo:
Do you really think that the GMD would act on the memo without clearing it with the president who appointed him even if the memo carries the president's signature?

The document didn't carry the president signature
Its that of the chief of staff shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by mildteddy(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2019
The title says: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells

But I'm seeing Abba Kyari's signature and Name on the Memo.
I am confused right now
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by gafsal: 6:12am On Mar 14, 2019
I think is a good decision because how can shell managed it and for the past five years did not produces just a drop of crude oil?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by quickberry(m): 6:56am On Mar 14, 2019
Gandollar:
See mumu... what's wrong with the bolded?

Everything, Mr. Dumbo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Gandollar(f): 6:59am On Mar 14, 2019
quickberry:

Everything, Mr. Dumbo
Stop fooling yourself over what is above you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by quickberry(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2019
Gandollar:
Stop fooling yourself over what is above you.

What is above you, Mr. Megalomaniac?
Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jude33084(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2019
Datazone:

Are you OK? What in the OP's post suggests misrepresentation?

#lalasticlala

I am sure you have a comprehension problem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Jodesky(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2019
mildteddy:
The title says: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells

But I'm seeing Abba Kyari's signature and Name on the Memo.
I am confused right now

Another dunce.

Abba Kyari is the Chief of Staff. The President doesn't sign most of his letters personally especially with the Ministries and MDAs.

If you have sense, you can see that hes conveying a presidential directive.

The level of ignorance being displayed on this thread is appalling.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Jodesky(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Don't blame them shaa

Anumanu

Buhari is the President and he's in charge of the country. If you can't live with that, sniper is within your reach.

He has just given a directive concerning an oil well and you haters are already wailing. More are coming, so start preparing your suicide notes.

BTW, if you have only one Tinubu is your impoverished region, your life would have improved by now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jude33084(m): 7:42am On Mar 14, 2019
kotv:

How a Buhari supporter such as yourself gains access to Internet broadcasting your stupidity is a great disservice to mankind.

Lifeless idiot just like failure you worship.

Please read the memo and comprehend it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by jude33084(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2019
A simple memo Nigerian youths cannot read and comprehend? angry

Instead they are attacking Buhari and Attiku?

Oh man we are in trouble in this country

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by semyman: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2019
ZombieNation:
This is what Chavez did in Venezuela.

NNPC that can not manage a refinery or even to import fuel is who this goat wants to hand the highly intricate and efficiency driven oil drilling operation.

Once they loot all the money for drilling, let me see where they will get money to maintain operations.
If you want to see a goat check among your relatives especially the one that climbed your mother to have you if your mother knows the particular person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by smeag0l(m): 9:08am On Mar 14, 2019
The Shell referred to in this memo is Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria, the Nigerian arm of Royal Dutch Shell.
Pavarottii:

Shell Oil Company is the United States-based wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, transnational corporation "oil major" of Anglo-Dutch origins, which is amongst the largest oil companies in the world. Approximately 22,000 Shell employees are based in the U.S. The U.S. headquarters are in Houston, Texas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2019
simonjo:

Shell Oil Company US is a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell

SPDC NG is a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell

Shell Oil company and SPDC is both owned by Royal Dutch Shell.

Royal Dutch Shell is the parent company and is a British-Dutch Oil company with headquarters in the Hague.

Ten gbosa for you. Educate some uninformed mofos here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by smeag0l(m): 9:12am On Mar 14, 2019
I am surprised that a simple memo like this is generating a lot of comments of hate against the presidency. He is simply doing this because, as part of the leasing contract for an OML, the holder of the lease has to be operating the OML for some time so as not to invalidate his leasing contract. Shell has not done this since 1996 and the crude there has just been lying dormant for years. What a waste!Ogoniland has the highest volume of oil and gas reserves in the whole of Rivers state and I don't see any reason why the president who also doubles as the minister of petroleum shouldn't as for operations to resume there as soon as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 14, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Don't blame them shaa

Anumanu

I'm from the south. This OML 11 is in my state. Buhari has done really well for taking this move. All oil wells in ogoniland must be resurrected. Ogonis cannot be enjoying the largesse coming from crude oil of the other oil producing communities in Rivers State while saving theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless / Former President, Buhari & Wife Land In Daura (photos) / GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.