Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees (39695 Views)

Toke Makinwa Reacts To Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / 'Fever' Video: Toke Makinwa Reacts After Watching Wizkid & Tiwa Savage Romance / Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Rumor Of Dating 70-Year-Old Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by hitng(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2019
Yesterday, the video of a smart little girl bitterly expressing her anger after the management of her school sent her home over her parents inability to promptly pay her school fees, surfaced online.

While many people applauded the girl for her boldness and wittiness in expressing herself as well as her sheer display of determination to get educated, OAP Toke Makinwa, expressed disgust and anger at the manner in which most school authorities chose to humiliate and shame children over their parents inability to pay their fees. Posting via her IG

I am so sick to my stomach watching this. No child should be put under pressure, no child should be humiliated and made to suffer for wanting a better life. I’ve often wondered why flogging students who can’t pay or chasing them back home or in some cases publishing their names or calling them out on assembly ground is necessary, what point are you trying to prove? Embarrass their parents? Damage their self esteem, make them a laughing stock amongst their peers Of what use is this act exactly? Oh you flog or send them home so their parents can feel bad and embarrassed till they find the money right?

What is the child’s offense? Do they have a source of livelihood? Why do they have to suffer? Did they ask to be born?? It has been happening from time in memorial and I think it’s time we spoke against it.

Why dehumanize them? Why embarrass them? Why flog them when they clearly can’t work to afford the school fees? Why??! I understand schools need money, I understand that some of these schools are not government owned and need funding to stay open but this is a shame, we must do something about it.

What happened to dialogue with the parents? What happened to working out a payment plan? This young princess is the leader of tomorrow and her bravery and enthusiasm broke me, that should encourage them to nurture her and not break her down. Even if we find her confidence funny, her self esteem is being bruised by the school authorities who believe they have to flog her cos her parents can’t pay them to teach her. Sad ?

Pls let’s join hands in saving the situation, pls anyone who can connect with her family or any school interested in giving her a scholarship, let’s stop this barbaric act it’s disgusting”.

https://www.hitng.info/stargist/toke-makinwa-reacts-to-viral-video-of-girl-sent-out-of-school-for-school-fees/

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by decatalyst(m): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2019
Putting the picture of this smart, beautiful, tenacious, focused young girl beside h0eing Toke is distasteful and a disrespect to the future the young girl have in front of her. undecided

428 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by paiz: 10:02am On Mar 15, 2019
Warri I hail ooo

This girl has brought good fortune to her parents
Everyone is just asking of her parents account number

May our children bring good tidings to our homes

Amen

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 15, 2019
Dat place where she say "leader of tomorrow" na in funny pass...U knw wen dem don dey tell us dat kind tin?

Make she help her pay nah abi she no wan make d proprietor buy house for Banana Island too?

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by donstan18: 10:14am On Mar 15, 2019
At the end of her ranting, she ended up doing nothing for the little warri girl.

These hoes no go kill me. Always looking for something to seek attention with.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Nairatrend: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2019
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Gisters: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2019
tongue
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Nbote(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2019
I admired dat gal's courage and strong will... She loves skool so much she's willing to continue to receive beating until she can pay her fees

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by sinaj(f): 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
Everyone want to use her to trend.

There are public schools for her to attend if her parents cant afford a private school.
Its not the school's fault if her parents cant pay her fee, they have teachers to pay and bills to clear too.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by slawomir: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Durhleepee(f): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
oh
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Amuocha: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
APC sef

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by sacx: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
First the girl is from Sapele, not Warri. And she has been found. She is a pupil of a government primary school presently in dilapidated state. She was sent home for failure to pay a paltry sum of N900 exam fees. Please nobody should send money into any account for now. Scammers everywhere.

See the school:

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by bjjose: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
Tell her parent to enroll her in govt school. The private school have Bill's to pay you cannot send you child to get free education in a private school. CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO YOUR SIZE.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by MistadeRegal(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
All Toke said are right. But she just couldn't help based on reasons and some logistics best known to her..
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by stephani33: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
i concur with her
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by BABANGBALI: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
You're just making an organized noise. If e pain you, go pay the school fees.

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Bar1941(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
Can't she just adopt and start paying the poor little girl's school fees? It's not every little issue you throw online for unnecessary public sympathy, make the correction if at your disposal.

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by BABANGBALI: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
bjjose:
Tell her parent to enroll her in govt school. The private school have Bill's to pay you cannot send you child to get free education in a private school. CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO YOUR SIZE.
no mind madam notice me
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Sisqoman(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
I'm seeing something, one bwest is bigger, hope it was not cancer...
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by Joshmodest(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Should the proprietor buy her snacks , or probably give her a standing ovation for not paying school fees, Or do the parents sit down and discuss a payment plan for the teachers salary...or won't the teachers get paid ,it's a school and not a charity institution.
Mind you the school actually pre inform the students that they'll send them home ,but thier parents still send them to school hoping for miracles to happen...if you want to help the girl pls do , without sounding stoopid !!!!!!!

20 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by safarigirl(f): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Toke should own a school one of these days and she will know how many parents take advantage of a lot of schools.

Which dialogue? Do Nigerians understand dialogue? Instead of her to chastise parents for birthing kids they cannot educate or care for, she is expecting schools to become charity homes. If they give a pass for few people, soon, everyone will want to take advantage.

If you leave these parenrs, most will not pay fees. Even if na #50 per day, they will find a way to dodge it. That is how untrustworthy Nigerians are. They will finish anybody's business with credit, just allow them.

That is how one yeye woman in my area decided she wouldn't pay a whole year's school fees because according to her, when she brought the money at first, the school wasn't ready to take it, so she spent it and doesn't have any to pay. The sheer arrogance of it all.

If you cannot afford to pay fees, teach your chikd at home and save them from embarrassment. The school has to worry about their own funding, they are paying salaries too, and any parent who doesn't pay fees, denies a teacher their pay.

Toke should feel free to open a tuition free school if she is so concerned.

35 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by wink2015(m): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
hitng:
Yesterday, the video of a smart little girl bitterly expressing her anger after the management of her school sent her home over her parents inability to promptly pay her school fees, surfaced online.

While many people applauded the girl for her boldness and wittiness in expressing herself as well as her sheer display of determination to get educated, OAP Toke Makinwa, expressed disgust and anger at the manner in which most school authorities chose to humiliate and shame children over their parents inability to pay their fees. Posting via her IG

I am so sick to my stomach watching this. No child should be put under pressure, no child should be humiliated and made to suffer for wanting a better life. I’ve often wondered why flogging students who can’t pay or chasing them back home or in some cases publishing their names or calling them out on assembly ground is necessary, what point are you trying to prove? Embarrass their parents? Damage their self esteem, make them a laughing stock amongst their peers Of what use is this act exactly? Oh you flog or send them home so their parents can feel bad and embarrassed till they find the money right?

What is the child’s offense? Do they have a source of livelihood? Why do they have to suffer? Did they ask to be born?? It has been happening from time in memorial and I think it’s time we spoke against it.

Why dehumanize them? Why embarrass them? Why flog them when they clearly can’t work to afford the school fees? Why??! I understand schools need money, I understand that some of these schools are not government owned and need funding to stay open but this is a shame, we must do something about it.

What happened to dialogue with the parents? What happened to working out a payment plan? This young princess is the leader of tomorrow and her bravery and enthusiasm broke me, that should encourage them to nurture her and not break her down. Even if we find her confidence funny, her self esteem is being bruised by the school authorities who believe they have to flog her cos her parents can’t pay them to teach her. Sad ?

Pls let’s join hands in saving the situation, pls anyone who can connect with her family or any school interested in giving her a scholarship, let’s stop this barbaric act it’s disgusting”.

https://www.hitng.info/stargist/toke-makinwa-reacts-to-viral-video-of-girl-sent-out-of-school-for-school-fees/

BUT WHAT IS CHIEF GREAT OGBORU DOING CONCERNING THIS WARRI GIRL?

I expect Chief Ogboru to come out and dole out some money to help this small girl.

I think Chief Ogboru should not only be known for politics and contesting the governorship election in Delta state.

It is not too good to see Chief Ogboru to surface only when governership election is getting nearer of which he spend most of his money on billboard etc

Chief Ogboru should take advantage of this moment to do some humanitarian services.

I LEARN THAT CHIEF OGBORU RAN AWAY TO LAGOS IN THE WAKE OF THE FAILURE OF THE APC PARTY THAT HE RAN ELECTION UNDER THEIR POLITICAL PLATFORM.

Where Chief Ogboru dey?

We want to see am help this girl?

Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by BABANGBALI: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
donstan18:
At the end of her ranting, she ended up doing nothing for the little warri girl.

These hoes no go kill me. Always looking for something to seek attention with.
her case tire me. She just wanted to be noticed
Re: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Video Of Warri Girl Sent Out Of School For School Fees by NaijaElba(m): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
Many Nigerians are now offering to assist this little girl online most expecially the fake celeb. Do you know we have so many of that kind of child in our neighborhoods? We have some of them as children of our friends whose parents have come to us for some assistance b4.. Our problem is that we won't assist them because our goodwill won't go viral, nobody will know about your support..Before you go on social media to form philanthropist make sure no one is hungry in your neighborhood. Charity begins at home.. Take care of that young girl/boy on your street who doesn't even have a sandal to wear to school before coming online to join a viral campaign. TGIF

23 Likes 3 Shares

Dewy Oputa And SJ, Her Lesbian Girlfriend In Public Display Of Affection / Davido, Sina Rambo, Asa Asika, Bred And Peju's Throwback Photo / D'banj & His Freshest Beard Land Amsterdam (photos)