Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 (5422 Views)

What Is God's Will Today? Matthew 7:21-23 / Word Of GOD Is Light (proverbs 6:21-23) / Coronavirus: How Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Prophesied In 2014 About COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by Finallydead: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
jiggaz:
Lord Jesus
O
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
Yes Lord
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
Right now
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 6:03am On Dec 03, 2019
Yessss
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2019
The name of Jesus can only be used by a believer. A non christian cant cast out devils in the name of Jesus .
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2019
jiggaz:

The rendering of verse 22 of that Matthew 7 shows us that these false prophets have never at any time done this will of God rather they depended on their own efforts (their prophecies and other good works) as a criteria to enter into Heaven. Little wonder Jesus clearly stated His response to people like that in the next verse. “I never knew you.”

The name of Jesus can only be used by a believer. A non christian cant cast out devils in the name of Jesus .
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 6:33am On Dec 04, 2019
Jigazz, can you address the issue I raised
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2019
petra1:
Jigazz, can you address the issue I raised

petra1:
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
"22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’
"
- Matthew 7:22-23

What issue? So? OK then, who are the people in Matthew 7:22 above then that did exploits in Jesus' name erhn petra1?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’
"

What issue? So? OK then, who are the people in Matthew 7:22 above then that did exploits in Jesus' name erhn petra1?

The authority of the name of Jesus is given to believers. Unbelievers cant Use the power of his name . Remembered the Sons of Sceva . They tried to cast out devils with the name of christ yet they were none of his . The demon even replied them .

Acts 19:15
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
petra1:
The authority of the name of Jesus is given to believers. Unbelievers cant Use the power of his name . Remembered the Sons of Sceva . They tried to cast out devils with the name of christ yet they were none of his . The demon even replied them .

Acts 19:15
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
petra1, forget all that, just tell, and answer the question about, who are the people in Matthew 7:22 above then that did exploits in Jesus' name erhn petra1?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lord Jesus the altogether lovely One...
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 1:38am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
petra1, forget all that, just tell, and answer the question about, who are the people in Matthew 7:22 above then that did exploits in Jesus' name erhn petra1?

They are believers , ministers, but carnal
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by Finallydead: 4:06am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I think my post answers your question.
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by Finallydead: 4:16am On Dec 05, 2019
A
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by Finallydead: 4:16am On Dec 05, 2019
A
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by jiggaz(m): 6:13am On Dec 05, 2019
Good morning Lord Jesus
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2019
Finallydead:
I wanted an answer that is not more than a few words and to be done in not more than a sentence, not to be ferreting through a bail load of post. Can you manage that Finallydead? Give an answer in one sentence, hmm? If yes, then, who are the people in previously mentioned above Matthew 7:22 that did exploits in Jesus' name?

petra1:
They are believers , ministers, but carnal
Thank you for your candid response, lol. Now jiggaz, do you agree and accept that the people in Matthew 7:22 were believers, ministers etcetera but carnal, just as petra1 as succintly put it, hmm?

1 Like

Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by kkins25(m): 10:08am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I wanted an answer that is not more than a few words and to be done in not more than a sentence, not to be ferreting through a bail load of post. Can you manage that Finallydead? Give an answer in one sentence, hmm? If yes, then, who are the people in previously mentioned above Matthew 7:22 that did exploits in Jesus' name?

Thank you for your candid response, lol. Now jiggaz, do you agree and accept that the people in Matthew 7:22 were believers, ministers etcetera but carnal, just as petra1 as succintly put it, hmm?
Would our daddy G'Os fit into this criteria of "carnal", hmm??
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2019
kkins25:
Would our daddy G'Os fit into this criteria of "carnal", hmm??
C'mon on now kkins25, I know you're jesting because you know I aint got no daddy G'Os, so ask another question, but this time be serious and stop slacking.

1 Like

Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by kkins25(m): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
C'mon on now kkins25, I know you're jesting because you know I aint got no daddy G'Os, so ask another question, but this time be serious and stop slacking.
haba, you too are also aware im referring to the current bucnh of pastor-preneurs (as I like to call them). So would you classify the pastors who endulge in earthly, materialistic pleasures as "carnal" and the people jesus was referring to?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by kkins25(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"

A more serious question sir, how would the people in question be able to tap into the Holy spirit's source of power if they were never under its influence or were not recognized as children of God?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2019
kkins25:
haba, you too are also aware im referring to the current bucnh of pastor-preneurs (as I like to call them). So would you classify the pastors who endulge in earthly, materialistic pleasures as "carnal" and the people jesus was referring to?
Would you call the Pope indulging in praying with a rosary Catholic?

1 Like

Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by kkins25(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Would you call the Pope indulging in praying with a rosary Catholic?
by all means yes.. he is the pope isn't he.
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2019
kkins25:
A more serious question sir, how would the people in question be able to tap into the Holy spirit's source of power if they were never under its influence or were not recognized as children of God?
People have been known to want to buy the Holy spirit's source of power even when they were never under its influence. People, equally have been known to want to try tap into the Holy spirit's source of power, even when they were never under its influence and not permitted nor in a position, to in the first place, be tapping into the Holy spirit's source of power. There is nothing new under the sun, all these things will continue to happen until the end of time
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2019
kkins25:
by all means yes.. he is the pope isn't he.
Exactly, so that sorts out your question then, lol. If the caps fits, wear it, lol
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 5:32am On Dec 06, 2019
Finallydead:

Are you jiggaz? If you are , your post rather raise question which you have avoided to answer. At your spare time kindly read my post again and answer it . Or re-assess if what your post teaches is right or wrong
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by petra1(m): 7:00am On Dec 06, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
People have been known to want to buy the Holy spirit's source of power even when they were never under its influence. People, equally have been known to want to try tap into the Holy spirit's source of power, even when they were never under its influence and not permitted nor in a position, to in the first place, be tapping into the Holy spirit's source of power. There is nothing new under the sun, all these things will continue to happen until the end of time

Jesus didnt refer to those who are trying to tap but those who actually Healed others with his name and cast devils out. Jesus said it all below

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by oaroloye(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2019
MISHIGAS!

The greatest Christian Testimony of the modern day should belong to ORAL ROBERTS of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.

KENNETH COPELAND- Outed by ANGLICAN TOM PALMER as a Roman Catholic Undercover Spy the whole time (he was killed in a motorcycle accident two weeks after they posed with the Pope Francis,) his former pilot, testified that he had prayed:

"HOW CAN I KNOW JESUS?"

He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, AND THE BOOK OF ACTS- THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.

At the end of the thirty days, he testified, he "KNEW JESUS BETTER THAN HE KNEW ANY MAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!"

"CRAMMING-IN" THE BIBLE TO THE MAXIMUM, CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH ANY OF THE TOTALLY-STUPID "BIBLE-STUDY PLANS," WHERE ONE READS AS LITTLE AS ONE VERSE PER DAY- AND CALL THAT ONE'S BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY!

jiggaz:

A Bible study by Prince Gabriel Okocha

Like I have always said, there are no controversies in the scriptures. Especially when it comes to the subject of Salvation. No dark sides at all.
The parts of scripture we often have a had time understanding are mostly the ones we have either approached with preconceived notions or not studied within the context.

YOUR SAYING THAT "THERE ARE NO CONTROVERSIES IN SCRIPTURE" MERELY EXPOSES HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE OF SCRIPTURE.

1. Who appointed The Apostles to teach The Church the so-called New Testament?

2. Who invented "GRACE?"

3. What is the Cause of Sin?

4. Are Christians meant to die?

5. Who is more Powerful: Satan or Christians?

6. Why are there seven Churches?

7. Is Circumcision an Everlasting Covenant, or not?

THESE ARE SEVEN EXAMPLES OF "CONTROVERSIES IN THE SCRIPTURES."

Where you said that there are none.

Either you lack perceptive ability, or else you are lying.

I AM LEARNED IN SCIENTOLOGY, and one of its Fundamental Teachings is: IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY SOMETHING COMPLETELY, MAKE IT REDUNDANT.

Therefore, if you want to DESTROY peoples' ability to understand, say The Bible, for instance, EXPLAIN IT TO THEM COMPLETELY.

Don't allow them to figure anything out for themselves. Simply mansplain everything away.

jiggaz:

Such is the issue of Matthew 7:21-23 which many people turn to when they want to negate the fact that the believer in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ has been eternally saved.
But what is this part of scripture really about? What was Jesus actually trying to say there?

IT IS SO IRRITATING WHEN PEOPLE MAKE UP BIBLE DOCTRINES THAT HAVE NO FOUNDATION, AND PRESENT THEM AS FACTS.

SALVATION has nothing whatsoever to do with Lord Yeshua's DEATH, nor his BURIAL, nor his RESURRECTION.

Where did he ever say that It did?

jiggaz:

(Mat 7:21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

(Mat 7:22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

(Mat 7:23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

To properly understand what Jesus was saying in these verses, let’s take a closer look at them again. This time, beginning with the verses before them so we can really get the point He was making there.

(Mat 7:15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

(Mat 7:16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

(Mat 7:17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

(Mat 7:18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

(Mat 7:19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

So from verse 15, we see that Jesus was talking specifically about False Prophets. He called them Wolves in sheep’s clothing. Not Sheep turned to Wolves. As their identity never really changed from the beginning. Please pay attention here.

YOUR CHERRY-PICKING OF VERSES GENERATES USELESS MISAPPREHENSIONS THAT DOOM YOU TO DAMNATION!

Whereas you are only aware of the few verses you want to twist to your hernia, it looks ridiculous to those who are aware of the entire three chapters of Lord Yeshua's SERMON ON THE MOUNT.

Lord Yeshua was telling his Disciples what they needed to do in order to attain Ultimate Salvation.

jiggaz:

These prophets were called false majorly because they failed to acknowledge the Saviourhood of Jesus although they worked miracles in His name. They strictly depended on what they did for Him (their own good works or self righteousness) rather than what He did for them for access into Heaven. This is clearly revealed from verse 21-23. See it again.

THAT IS A LIE BASED ON SICK OYINBO THEOLOGY, AND NOT WHAT LORD YESHUA SAID AT ALL.

There was nothing in the entire Sermon, nor any of his latter Teachings, that said that his Followers had to believe that he was going to, or had DIED, been BURIED, or RESURRECTED in order to be Saved.

If that requirement was so important, wouldn't he, the most important Prophet since Moses, have mentioned It?

. JOHN 6:47.

47. "Verily, verily,
I Say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
HATH EVERLASTING LIFE.' "

The only requirement for Salvation is to obey his actual Teachings- not someone's wicked interpretations of them.

. b]JOHN 10:1-10.[/b]

"Verily, verily,
I Say unto you,

'HE THAT ENTERETH NOT
BY THE DOOR
INTO THE SHEEPFOLD,
BUT CLIMBETH UP
SOME OTHER WAY,
THE SAME IS A THIEF
AND A ROBBER.'

2. "But he that entereth in by The Door
is The Shepherd of The Sheep.
3. "To him the porter openeth;
and the Sheep hear his voice:
and he calleth his own sheep
by name,
and leadeth them out.
4. "And when he putteth forth
his own sheep,
he goeth before them,
and the sheep follow him:
for they know his voice.
5. And a stranger
will they not follow,
but will flee from him:
for they know not
the voice of strangers."

6. This Parable Spake Jesus
unto them:
but they understood not
what things they were
which he Spake unto them.
7. Then Said Jesus
unto them again,

"Verily, verily,
I Say unto you,

'I AM THE DOOR
OF THE SHEEP.'

8. "All that ever came before me
are Thieves and Robbers:
but the sheep did not hear them.
9. “I am The Door:
by me if any man enter in,
he shall be Saved,
and shall go in and out,
and find Pasture.
10. "The Thief cometh not,
but for to steal,
and to kill,
and to destroy:
I am come
that they might have Life,
and that they might have It
more abundantly."

LORD YESHUA IS THE DOOR, BECAUSE HE IS THE FIRST AND [i[ONLY ONE[/i] TO PREACH THE NARROW WAY TO LIFE.

Adherence to the Teachings of THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT specifically, are necessary for Salvation.

Anyone breaking any one of them has forfeited Salvation, and can never attain Salvation.

.. MATTHEW 5:16-20.

16. "Let your light
so shine before men,
that they may see
your Good Works,
and glorify your Father
Which is in Heaven.
17. "Think not that I am come
to destroy The Law,
or The Prophets:
I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.
18. "For verily I Say unto you,

'TILL HEAVEN
AND EARTH PASS,
ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE
SHALL IN NO WISE
PASS FROM THE LAW,
TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'

19. "Whosoever therefore
shall break one of these
least Commandments,
and shall teach men so,
he shall be called

"THE LEAST
IN THE KINGDOM
OF HEAVEN:"

but whosoever shall
do and teach them,
the same shall be called

"GREAT IN
THE KINGDOM
OF HEAVEN."

20. "For I Say unto you,

'THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS
OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,
YE SHALL IN NO CASE
ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.' "

jiggaz:

(Mat 7:21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

(Mat 7:22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

(Mat 7:23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Notice how that in verse 21 Jesus said Heaven is for those who have done the will of the Father? The will of the Father there is singular. That would mean while we can do several things for the Father, there is something specific He would have us do in order to enter into His Kingdom.
To know what it is that God would have us do for this purpose, let’s see the below scriptures.

LORD YESHUA DID NOT SAY THAT HEAVEN WAS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DONE THE WILL OF THE FATHER.

You again show your ignorance of The Gospel, and inability to perceive what is right in front of you.

. ECCLESIASTES 8:2-5.

2. I counsel thee to keep
the king's commandment,
and that in regard
of the Oath of God.
3. Be not hasty
to go out of his sight:
stand not in an Evil Thing;
for he doeth
whatsoever pleaseth him.
4. Where the word of a king is,
there is power:
and who may say unto him,

"WHAT DOEST THOU?"

5. Whoso keepeth
the commandment
shall feel no evil thing:
and a wise man's heart
discerneth both time and judgment.

A KINGDOM IS WHEREVER A KINGS WORD IS RECOGNIZED AS LAW.

What, then, is The Kingdom of Heaven?

.. MATTHEW 4:17.

17. From that time
Jesus began to preach,
and to say,

"Repent:
for The Kingdom
of Heaven
is at hand."

. MATTHEW 10:7.

7. And as ye go,
preach, saying,

'THE KINGDOM
OF HEAVEN
IS AT HAND.' "

The Kingdom of Heaven is wheresoever Heaven's Laws are enforced, and respected.

HEAVEN IS CURRENTLY INFESTED WITH BEINGS WHO DO NOT DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER.

Namely, Satan and his Angels.

.    LUKE 10:16-24.

16. "He that heareth you
heareth me;
and he that despiseth you
despiseth me;
and he that despiseth me
despiseth Him
that sent me."

17. And the seventy returned
again with joy,
saying,

"Lord, even the Devils
are subject unto us
through thy Name."

18. And he Said unto them,

"I beheld Satan as lightning
fall from Heaven.
19. "Behold,
I give unto you Power
to tread on Serpents
and Scorpions,
and over all
the Power of the Enemy:
and nothing shall
by any means hurt you."
20. "Notwithstanding
in this rejoice not,
 that the spirits are subject
unto you;
but rather rejoice,
because your Names
are written in Heaven."

21. In that Hour
Jesus rejoiced in spirit,
and Said,

"I thank Thee,
O Father,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
that thou hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them
unto babes:
even so, Father;
for so it seemed Good
in Thy Sight.
22. "All things are
delivered to me
of my Father:
and no man knoweth
who The Son is,
but The Father;
and Who The Father is,
but The Son,
and he to whom The Son
will reveal him."

23. And he turned him
unto his Disciples,
and Said privately,

"Blessed are the eyes
which see The Things
that ye see:

24. "For I Tell you,

'THAT MANY
PROPHETS
AND KINGS
HAVE DESIRED TO SEE
THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE SEE,
AND HAVE NOT
SEEN THEM;
AND TO HEAR
THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE HEAR,
AND HAVE NOT
HEARD THEM.' "

WHENEVER THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT REVIVAL OF PEOPLE OF GOD DOING HIS WILL, AND NO LONGER THE DEVIL'S WILL, HE AND HIS ANGELS ARE CAST DOWN TO THE EARTH.

Only if those Righteous people return to Sin can he be reinstated to the Seat of Authority he usurped from Man.

If you keep The Law, Satan can no longer be a Heavenly Being to you.

But until then, he has the Power to control your Weather, kill your Family, destroy your Crops and Cattle, and take away your Health.

He can do all that, because he operates From Heaven.

jiggaz:

(Joh 6:28) Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

(Joh 6:29) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John in his epistle repeated this.

(1Jn 3:22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

(1Jn 3:23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

YOCHANNAN WAS A HYPOCRITE AND LIAR, BOASTING OF BEING SAVED, AND HAVING AUTHORITY TO DICTATE LAWS.

He wrote more than everyone else in the Gospels, even the New Testament, about the importance of keeping Lord Yeshua's Commandments, yet he told us less than any other Gospel Writer what they were.

This is like YACUB wrote- about the Hypocrite who PRAYED about Feeding and Clothing the Poor, without actually doing anything.

jiggaz:

Clearly, the will of the Father there is for us to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus of the one He has sent. Not just in the abilty of His name to work miracles but to save us from sin.

. 1st SAMUEL 15:22-23.

22. And Samuel said,

"Hath The LORD
as great delight
in Burnt Offerings
and Sacrifices,
as in obeying The Voice
of the LORD?
Behold, to Obey
is better than Sacrifice,
and to hearken
than the fat of rams.
23. "For rebellion is
as The Sin of Witchcraft,
and stubbornness is
as Iniquity and Idolatry.
Because thou hast rejected
The Word of The LORD,
He hath also rejected thee
from being king."

THE SACRIFICE OF LORD YESHUA IS MEANINGLESS, IF THOSE WHO INVOKE IT DO NOT OBEY HIM.

Get this straight: YOU HAVE NOT UNDERSTOOD THIS, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT ABIDE IN LORD YESHUA'S TEACHINGS!

You follow the made-up Doctrines of sinful men, who thought they could change The Gospel to anything they wanted.

jiggaz:

The rendering of verse 22 of that Matthew 7 shows us that these false prophets have never at any time done this will of God rather they depended on their own efforts (their prophecies and other good works) as a criteria to enter into Heaven. Little wonder Jesus clearly stated His response to people like that in the next verse. “I never knew you.”

“I never knew you” not “I once knew you” like most people erroneously assume that place is saying. In other words, “we have never had a relationship between us,” “you have never been mine. Not at all.”
This is the singular reason anyone would ever go to Hell - because they have never been Christ’s own. They have never had any form of relationship with Him through faith in His finished works.

So when next as a believer someone brings up Matthew 7:21-23 to beat you into doubt and fear as regarding your eternal destination, look at him in the eye and say, “I’m the man in Christ. Where He goes is where I go. Where He is is where I am. And even now, I am seated with Him in the Heavenlies.” Ephesians 2:5-6.

I hope this blesses you.
Glory to God our Saviour and King!

https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/lord-prophesied-name-matthew.html?m=1

YOU ARE IGNORANT OF THE WORKINGS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Lord Yeshua only recognizes those who keep his Commandments.

Those who commit Sin, he knows nothing about.

. EZEKIEL 18:20-32.

20. "The soul that sinneth,
it shall die.
The son shall not bear
the iniquity of the father,
neither shall the father
bear the iniquity of the son:
the righteousness of the righteous
shall be upon him,
and the wickedness of the wicked
shall be upon him.
21. "But if the wicked
will turn from all his sins
that he hath committed,
and keep all My Statutes,
and do that
which is lawful and right,
he shall surely live,
he shall not die.
22. "All his transgressions
that he hath committed,
they shall not be
mentioned unto him:
in his righteousness
that he hath done he shall live.
23. "Have I any pleasure at all
that the wicked should die?"

Saith The Lord GOD:

"and not that he should
return from his ways,
and live?
24. "But when the righteous turneth
away from his righteousness,
and committeth iniquity,
and doeth according
to all the abominations
that the wicked man doeth,
shall he live?
All his righteousness
that he hath done
shall not be mentioned:
in his trespass
that he hath trespassed,
and in his sin that he hath sinned,
in them shall he die.
25. "Yet ye say,

[b][]'THE WAY OF THE LORD
IS NOT EQUAL.'

Hear now, O house of Israel;
Is not my way equal?
Are not your ways unequal?
26. "When a righteous man
turneth away from his righteousness,
and committeth iniquity,
and dieth in them;
for his iniquity
that he hath done shall he die.
27. "Again, when the wicked man
turneth away from his wickedness
that he hath committed,
and doeth that
which is lawful and right,
he shall save his soul alive.
28. "Because he considereth,
and turneth away
from all his transgressions
that he hath committed,
he shall surely live,
he shall not die.
29. "Yet saith The House of Israel,

'THE WAY OF THE LORD
IS NOT EQUAL.'

O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
30. "Therefore I will judge you,
O House of Israel,
every one according to his ways,"

saith the Lord GOD.

"Repent, and turn yourselves
from all your transgressions;
so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
31. "Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed;
and make you a new heart
and a new spirit:
for why will ye die,
O House of Israel?
32. "For I have no pleasure
in the death of him that dieth,"

Saith The Lord GOD:

"wherefore turn yourselves,
and live ye."

THEREFORE, AS FAR AS THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS CONCERNED, UNRIGHTEOUS PEOPLE WHO HAVE REPENTED ARE NO LONGER THAT PERSON, AND RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE WHO HAVE FALLEN INTO SIN ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON AS THE SINNER.

As the Righteous person, who has repented of Past Sins, is totally divorced from that record, so too the Sinner who used to be Righteous is separated from that Record, too.

That is the Basic Message of The Gospel.

How can you be a Christian, and be ignorant of that Truth?
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by MuttleyLaff: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2019
petra1:
Jesus didnt refer to those who are trying to tap but those who actually Healed others with his name and cast devils out. Jesus said it all below

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
petra1, the question kkins25 asked me didnt say anything about Jesus refering or not to those who are trying to tap and so there is no correlation between his question and your comment with that Matthew 12:26 verse
Re: Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 by Finallydead: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2019
petra1:

Are you jiggaz? If you are , your post rather raise question which you have avoided to answer. At your spare time kindly read my post again and answer it . Or re-assess if what your post teaches is right or wrong
I'm not. Read my post on this thread of his where I attempt to explain the real meaning of that scripture and refute his misconception. It may give you an accurate perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

72 Virgins In Paradise Or Hell For Suicide Bombers ? / Is The Black Race Cursed In The Bible? / He Used Al-qur'an Paper To Smoke Cigarettes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.