Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country (43241 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Is KUWAIT A Better Place In Terms Of Hustling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Aaronsrod: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hadampson:
Custom and culture differences

Nigeria culture is totally different from foreign country culture, so it is not advisable to practice their culture because its not endearing to Nigerian.

For example in United kingdom (UK) the pattern children use to greet their parent is totally different from Nigeria's own.

A child can just wake up in the morning and say 'morning mom' while on standing but in 9ja you woke up and kneel down for morning prayer from your parent another one 'hi dad' with handshake. Who born you well in Nigeria.

Also you're not allowed to beat your children at all, if you do so you might land in jail. Where as in Nigeria you can beat, and beat your children and even give them hard punishment though beating is not advisable smiley

This is correct.

Myself, for example, when two of my children were unruly, I beat them full sore, both day and night. A third child who displayed even greater disobedience, I killed her with my own hand.

We could never practice this customs in obodo oyinbo.

Truly, there is no place like home.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 2:04am On Mar 24, 2019
Aaronsrod:

This is correct.

Myself, for example, when two of my children were unruly, I beat them full sore, both day and night. A third child who displayed even greater disobedience, I killed her with my own hand.

while I am not against spanking

moderation is key.

black folks are largely animalistic when spanking their kids (belts, stick and violent beating)

Discipline is non negotiable

But moderation is key.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 2:05am On Mar 24, 2019
Bracha:
I don't think Nigeria has a middle class: i.e a middle class in the strict meaning of the word. Most of the people in that range here are just people one less paycheck away from poverty. In my opinion.

you have said the truth
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 2:09am On Mar 24, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Nigeria is a third world country and is not at par with the developed world.
With money, you can overcome some of these issues to an extent. Some parts of Nigeria has almost 24/7 supply of electricity like Makurdi, Jos, Lokoja (33 kva line)
Health is only poor if you have life threatening diseases and issue of security is low in some cities outside Lagos. The major danger in security is on the highways and those farming in rural areas. If you live in Abuja city centre for example, how is security a threat?

If I were still in my 20s, I would have fled this country long ago. sad

I see
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 2:11am On Mar 24, 2019
greatfa4:

That is a big lie bro. In some western Europe countries, if you are a low earner like 1200 euro a month, you don't pay child welfare money, the government will be paying on your behalf. But if one day you earn up to 2000, they get have a system of calculating it. So in the first place why will you have a child without ready to take responsibility. This is how Nigerian men born full everywhere without taking responsibility.

the setting in Nigeria encourages men to be irresponsible

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 2:14am On Mar 24, 2019
midnighter:

Yes, i would say its a mixture of poor leadership, a culture of self-interest and greed, and an unstable economy. The economy point is an interesting one, because it crashed fairly recently but the bad behaviour was there previously. so it could be even more of an intrinsic problem

Onwards and upwards

keyword: A culture of self interest and greed.

Africa and Africans are still at the primordial /animal stage in development

because that's how animals behave

Humans of the 21st century put interest of community and country FIRST

Third World $hithole failed states like NIGERIA put self and family interest first, and don't mind wrecking the society to achieve that.

Its for this reason ALONE that I don't see Africa as a group moving forward Any time soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by CodaWise(m): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2019
Travelling to a foreign Country with no plan is very bad, immigrating illegally is worse.. I have never travelled overseas but I think it's worth it if you don't earn well in Nigeria... But for those that leave a good job here in Nigeria and migrate there are fools...
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Onyxnaija: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
Very useless write up. Smacks of lack of information which is actually very sad. The writer obviously is living under a rock and knows very little about his chosen topic. Thank God for Nigerians in diaspora who support their families and friends in Nigeria, if not the state of Nigeria would be worse than Syria. Research how much diasporians pour into Nigeria every year, it runs into billions of Naira. Also imagine if no Nigerians left Nigeria, the country would have burst into flames by now. The only way to curb the exodus is for the leadership of the nation are held accountable, and people’s mindset about various issues changed. Till then the only place worse than Nigeria is hell fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Beautyaddy: 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Aaronsrod:

This is correct.

And this is something of pride to admit about.

Treating another human being you cannot create like an animal? It's only a shithole country called Nigeria is this barbaric behaviors acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by midnighter(f): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ugosample:

keyword: A culture of self interest and greed.

Africa and Africans are still at the primordial /animal stage in development

because that's how animals behave

Humans of the 21st century put interest of community and country FIRST

Third World $hithole failed states like NIGERIA put self and family interest first, and don't mind wrecking the society to achieve that.

Its for this reason ALONE that I don't see Africa as a group moving forward Any time soon.

Lol youre too cynical but youre right sha

Even if you try to be altruistic and do the right thing, your family will even be the first ones to curse you and call you "Saint Peter", "goodie" and other such names that are usually a compliment

Na to just get your own spoonful of the national peppersoup! cheesy

Which way, Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by midnighter(f): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
Beautyaddy:

And this is something of pride to admit about.

Treating another human being you cannot create like an animal? It's only a shithole country called Nigeria is this barbaric behaviors acceptable.

Im 70% sure he was being sarcastic. Almost everybody on the thread was

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Ugosample(m): 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
midnighter:

Lol youre too cynical but youre right sha

Even if you try to be altruistic and do the right thing, your family will even be the first ones to curse you and call you "Saint Peter", "goodie" and other such names that are usually a compliment

Na to just get your own spoonful of the national peppersoup! cheesy

Which way, Nigeria!

so you see
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by Beautyaddy: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
midnighter:

Im 70% sure he was being sarcastic. Almost everybody on the thread was

Hmmm...I hope so undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country by stupidmod2: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
how bout now?

MEANWHILE, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) / N.d.l.e.a Drug Clearance / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.