Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer (35833 Views)

UK University Admission, 5 Mistakes That'll Make You Lose Your Admission Offer / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / UTME Candidate Rejects Admission Offer To Study Civil Eng. In Unilorin(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by TEYA: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
ChiefSupplier55:
It really simple go for the Air Force ofer you can further education then...... forces are Wat people are praying for...... Plz don't miss this chance

Anyway check out my signature contact me if need be
So people are praying for force? As recruit? Which people? Na wa o!
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Abuventure: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
If I were you I will go for university admission. I thank God I wasn't admitted into NAF i would have regretted that

3 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Thomanad(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.
Hope you know much about the Air force bro.
This shortlist is just for the screening which is stage 1. After this stage another list of those who passed will be released for stage 2 screening. Stage 2 is the medical screening at Kaduna. After which the final list would be released, these are the ones that would proceed on training in Kaduna.
I would advice you go ahead with your university admission.
Reasons:
1. You are not even sure of making it to the training stage, unless you have a godfather of course.
2. You would be in the 'other rank' cadre. Do you know the humiliation we go through?
3. When you see officers ( those in the commissioned officer cadre) after you might have joined the service, you will regret joining with an ssce cert.
4. Don't think going to school in the military is very easy o. It is when you join that you will understand. Going to school is very very very difficult.

Go ahead with your university admission, get your degree, then come back and join with your degree. You will be a commissioned officer, and you will command those that joined even before you were born (other rank though).

Just my point of view....... if anyone disagrees, just read and pass.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by obinoral1179(m): 9:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
chibliss212:
my elder bro is a corporal currently serving in markurdi he earn 67,000 including bonus
the highest your brother will earn from corporal to master warrant officer will not exceed 200k per month am trying to be modest here and after that they will pay him 7m or 8millions for 35 years in service if he didn't cross the age limit. The cash will be split into 2 and half will be giving to him and the rest will be spread for 15 years as his retirement money...
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
please take my candid advice and you wont regret it. we use to say "who no come no go know". Better rush and go to school than joining the military. The moment you join your freedom is gone,schooling will be a big problem to you. Postings and other confusing task will ruin you. After graduation you can opt for DSSC, which i still dont buy the idea. Please dont make the mistake of choosing the military against your university.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ubdavis(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
Take full responsibility for ur action when u graduate an become jobless...
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Tonalphs(f): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2019
Listen to those that grew up in the barracks as they dish advice to you. I'm sure they know better in this aspect. As a Naval child �, I'll say, go to the university. Recruit isn't cool mehn. You'll surely regret it if you take the NAF job offer. I can't start explaining because most people have said it all.... Or you should meet graduates that are recruits in the military. Let them give you the bitter truth. Military is sweet if you're an officer. Trust me. You don't want to answer yes sir to a small boy or gal
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by seguntijan(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.

how do you know if you've been recruited, I have a brother expecting the recruitment list
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Administration and planning
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ajiswaggs(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
Im also in my final year (HND2) and also got invite for the screening, though I applied with my ND result, Im planning to defer the section if luckily I'm selected, hope its a nice move or shud I just complete my education first? And I will clock 24yrs this July.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by WASMOG(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
TEYA:

No you can't, WASMOG is right and you are wrong. Why do you people like arguing over things you don't know? Your application to resign may be denied without reason and you cannot go to the regular court to fight, if you have a grouse with that you complain to the same guys that denied you the approval.
you are not in the system so I won't argue with you ]
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
Dude have you thought of being away from from family for like 2 years? Manage and hug university ooo. All those barrack boys will be grazing your daughter while you are serving in another state, within 2 years you can only see your family like just few times. In-fact you child will be calling you uncle. We from the system we know how it roles so take our advice.

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by airprinz(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit.
You for kukuma give am visa make he go study abroad. You know how harsh the economy is presently, why would you advise him to opt for school instead of going for the job? if he's working there, wont he be oportuned to go to school again? Senseless reply
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
EazyMoh:

In the next five years whence he's supposed to graduate from the University and start getting 160k he'd have progressed in the Air Force and eventually surpassed the 160k salary.

Be sincere bro. University education in Nigeria is a huge gamble.
Every 4-5 years that the Lucky and hardworking ones are being promoted, about 12k is being added to their salaries. It would take upto 2O-24 years for the lucky ones or hardworking ones to be paid the same as a Commissioned officer
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Doktajay5: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:

it may sound so good to go for air force job, plus the advise all over in affirmative of your intentions here.

but i talk to u.

see eeh, most times, we find it difficult to embrace reality in our environment, granted, this may be due to circumstances peculiar to our environment so to say.

oga, like some 1 said, and i agree, the NAF has 2 major, sharp and very important division that u must pay attention to. make no mistakes about that.

often most of us assume a lot from the outside. Truth is that u r going in with SSCE. to be the foot soldier brother. There is no 2 ways about it.
ur pay will be peanut 65-70k in this economy bro, make no mistakes about it.

Oremi, any body telling u that u will be in the NAF and get a degree, and then get converted as a recruit, may be a theorist as some of these gist are only correct on paper and gist, in realities, you will hear stuff alike omo we didn't employ you to come and start school under us. there is a procedure to acquire a degree while in service, for it to be recognized and give u the required promotion, that procedure is getting a waiver for for in service training, which must take in account the relevance of such course u are going for and the number of staff available in ur department to serve in ur absence, also in the nigeria setting, who u r and where u come from. however, this doesn't come by in the military anymore especially now.

everyone may be sounding good with what u want to hear, but i will tell u the hard truth.

bro, please go to school.

It may sound harsh, i may sound wrong but las las, i am right. ur degree certificate in NAF eventually, is all u need to be happy in such setting, else u may keep murmuring for the rest of it.

people u got admission with now, may eventually come in to boss u, maybe u will still be in adamawa then and they will detail u to bornu. u can only murmur remember.

it may sound rosy to join, but i tell dude, there is no bread in muab. u may be shocked at what u will find.

please take the pains and go to school now. (sacrifice a little now and enjoy forever).

go to school, this opportunity is sincerely not superior to a university degree if u look at tomorrow well.

Nigeria may not remain spoil u know?.

my candid advise bro. opportunity will always come again bro.

cheers.

4 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by BarristerAlarig: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ajiswaggs:
Im also in my final year (HND2) and also got invite for the screening, though I applied with my ND result, Im planning to defer the section if luckily I'm selected, hope its a nice move or shud I just complete my education first? And I will clock 24yrs this July.

Excuse me, do you know if HND holders can be commissioned?? Are they placed on the same level as degree holders??

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
airprinz:
You for kukuma give am visa make he go study abroad. You know how harsh the economy is presently, why would you advise him to opt for school instead of going for the job? if he goes for the job, wont he be oportuned to go to school again? Senseless reply

Going to school will be very difficult. After like 7 years or so. Except you will be running crash program and be risking your life travelling for only exam. Be sure they will draft you to another state after some few years in one state. Besides going to school need to be approved by an appropriate board constituted by the Arm of service he belongs. The course of study must be related to the military if not it wont be approved or recommended by the committee setup. Military no be him, na scam.

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ajiswaggs(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
Fisher400:
for your air force past question inbox me
Please I need the past questions, can u please drop ur whatsapp number or can you forward it to me @ ajiroba8@gmail.com
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ajiswaggs:
Please I need the past questions, can u please drop ur whatsapp number or can you forward it to me @ ajiroba8@gmail.com

Omo this na major scam oooo, no fall mugu
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
Money is not the issue bro. I work my assignment out to eat, put on nice clothing, pay my rent and still catch some fun.
evil1:

questions u need to ask urself before taking a decision are:
1) can i still further my studies if i am in the airforce
2) if i take the university admission, is the finance there to further my education

ask yourself tese and other questions before taking a final decision
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ajiswaggs(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

Excuse me, do you know if HND holders can be commissioned?? Are they placed on the same level as degree holders??
Don't know mch about it
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Mouthgag: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
kurlz:

OMG!!! Mouthgag in deed.
grin

Well I support you sha.
But Bros na so you dey vex for uni?

Naija! Education the greatest scam. God help us!
The guy na mumu
Last month at my place of work, we placed an ads for a driver and 3 MSc holders applied and even a lady.
My guy, things hard for this country ó
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by vanjos: 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
mosho2good:
*Once you turn 25 and above there’s no need to set an alarm, your problems will wake you up by force�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️���*
You na badt guy.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by prinzedy(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Since you've completed your school registration I will advice you deferred the admission and take up the airforce job then later while still on the job you can lobby to be transferred to the state where you gained admission and continue with your sch that's if you insist on studying full time alongside your job.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by kaliboi94(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nurrex:
they pay well? Do you know how much a recruit earn per month?, seems you are clueless about it
Oga shut up
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by airprinz(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
talkme:

Going to school will be very difficult. After like 7 years or so. Except you will be running crash program and be risking your life travelling for only exam. Be sure they will draft you to another state after some few years in one state. Besides going to school need to be approved by an appropriate board constituted by the Arm of service he belongs. The course of study must be related to the military if not it wont be approved or recommended by the committee setup. Military no be him, na scam.
Oya no long talks. let him accept the job and apply for the military related course shikina
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by TheManOfTheYear: 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
Military recruit?

That hinders one's achievements in life. You can't go beyond a certain rank and salary.
Think well, though it may seem like a wise decision to quickly go for the job and not “waste” four or five years in a certain classroom but it is the long term achievements you should be considering here.

Nonetheless, the choice still lies with you. Pray about it. Good luck
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ajiswaggs:
Don't know mch about it

Yes. After your HND apply for any of the Armed forces DSSC provided your course of study is what they want and you have upper as required by the Navy.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2019
airprinz:
Oya no long talks. let him accept the job and apply for the military related courses shikina
Omo if fund dey to go school bro manage achieve am abeg.. You go suffer for the military job oo, na just power dey the matter thats all. After you finish school you fit think am if u still get the zeal to join. Fela no make mistake wen e sai zombie
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2019
Rawlings120:
Well you are not right with the salary you mentioned though... but like you said this is a great gamble for the Op... I passed through similar situation.. I joined the Army with my SSCE.. after which i struggled to further my Education and today am a presidential commissioned Officer in the Navy. Still have some of my friends struggling with no Job even after Uni. Now my advise: if the course the Uni offered you is Medicine then go for it otherwise Join the Airforce you won't regret. But if i were you... i would try and find a way to secure my admission until i am fully enlisted into the force... cos it can be dicey at times. And always seek the face of God and i wish the OP the best.
Nice one bro.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by TheManOfTheYear: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit. With an adequate education, you can soar higher than what you are dreaming of right now. Don't be myopic.
My thoughts exactly. God bless your wisdom sir
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2019
kaliboi94:

Oga shut up
Why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.