Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,643 members, 7,955,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer (37158 Views)

UK University Admission, 5 Mistakes That'll Make You Lose Your Admission Offer / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / UTME Candidate Rejects Admission Offer To Study Civil Eng. In Unilorin(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by WASMOG(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2019
soul95:

Stop being ignorant. No one pulls out of the military anytime they wish. Your resignation must be approved and one of the criteria is a minimum of 10 years of service or at least 2 tours of duty. Anything other than that is mutiny.
OP have sense .
you are not in the system so I won't argue with you
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

I don't understand.

with your hnd you can apply for officer cadre when the recruitment portal is open. But for non commission officer cadre you can only use your ond and sch cert.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by agent01(m): 8:04am On Mar 17, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.
I want to let you know that Air force salary for Airman (recruit) is about 70k including your allowance. If you are lucky to be involved in Internal Security Operation, you will have another take home of about 46k every month. In this case, you have 116k every month. If you choose Air force, you will only sell your peace and continue until your salary gets to about 200k after serving for not less than 30 years. You can also decide to finish your degree before applying so that you can be an officer with basic salary of about 200k. The decision is yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by anasbroda: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2019
In airforce a private earns 63k but guy u re not yet shortlisted u re only invited to participate in 1week screening after if u re qualified u will be shortlisted. Again to participate in the medical screening if u re fit after that u wait for the final shortlist dats wen u go for training ,as a private if u re lucky to be an engineer u can earn up to 88k so u can still do both if u re lucky u can still be posted very close to ur school bt DNT jst drop d school now u still have alot to do in d screening
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by frozen70(f): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.

You can run both depends on the location and where the training will take place

My advice is take the job then after sometime, apply for a part time study in any of the universities close to where you are stationed

But before then find out if the other officers do apply for permission to study

Once you graduate you apply for upgrade

That's what is obtained

But am sure you have to work for
2 yrs before you can go for any study
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by airprinz(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Your level of reasoning leaves a lot to be desired. A harsh economy is the more reason he should seek for the best rather than settle for the worse. Something tells me this would be hard for you to understand so I'll just let you be.
The something is right. I won't understand, and am not even ready to understand. Thank you
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Gracesofar(m): 10:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Manuel69:
Difficult one I must say but I advise you go with the force. Subsequently you can further and add your result.

After 7 years as a guest, after 2 months being a registered Nlander, my first FTC. I Dedicate this space to you OP.
Use both hands accept this Air Force offer. Tor

He enlisted as a recruit. It will be easier for a carmel to pass the eye of a needle than him getting a presidential commissioning.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by daralubz(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2019
Manuel69:

[color=#000099][/color][center][/center][left][/left]
30-35k kwa.. Na boys scout?
Ordinary civil defence SSCE earn 42k then Air Force official 35k? Don't type for typing sake please

You call civil defence ordinary? You shouldn't have, you should know better
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Manuel69: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2019
daralubz:

You call civil defence ordinary? You shouldn't have, you should know better

Not in the literal sense bro. More of comparing both forces. Didn't mean to belittle NSCDC
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by uchwar1: 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Nurrex:
There are two different sectors, Commissioned those that got employed with their degrees/master Degree, their pay is okay about 160k for Freshers, and the Non-commisioned the one the OP is trying to do, he only needs his SSCE, about (sorry) 55k for Freshers.

The OP should look at the kind of course he got, if its very lucrative, he should forget about Air Force, and be very prayerful. He can still apply for short service of 'Commisioned' after attaining his degree.
u you are wrong with the figures
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by mechanics(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
You have to further now, as a recruit you will be taken to fight BH so your new work won't be that easy.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by kurlz(f): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
Mouthgag:

The guy na mumu
Last month at my place of work, we placed an ads for a driver and 3 MSc holders applied and even a lady.
My guy, things hard for this country ó

Hmm na wa o. May God help us. I studied mass communication, worked with some private firms who frustrated me, at the moment man, I'm not doing any white Colar job o. Just doing my stuffs and freelancing.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by bummyla(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
admission into the university
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by ajayibiodun12: 6:53am On Mar 18, 2019
UTEWUOJO:
Forget that RECRUIT of a thing and enter university, I believe that better day is ahead of you. Since it's not an NDA admission just forget it, you will be subjected to suffering as a recruit.

It will be held on Sun, 21 Apr 2019

Download your NDA past questions for free at https://www.prep.ng/2019/03/free-nda-past-questions-for-all-subjects.html

[url]www. prep.ng[/url]
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by zicoraads: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
joyberry:
An Airforce fresher also called aircraftman earns about 65k monthly, its also depends on ur field and courses you go for, in which certain allowances is added.
Fine officer. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit. With an adequate education, you can soar higher than what you are dreaming of right now. Don't be myopic.

Please I would love to ask you a question bro.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
nelronaldo:
OP. Please go to school. You can try to join the Airforce again after your tertiary education. You will be lucky if you can go to the University when you join the force as a recruit.
They will frustrate you with day and night duty, you won't have time for tertiary education.

But I heard they give people opportunity to study?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
UTEWUOJO:
Forget that RECRUIT of a thing and enter university, I believe that better day is ahead of you. Since it's not an NDA admission just forget it, you will be subjected to suffering as a recruit.

I am in the same shoe bro.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
nelronaldo:

A Master warrant officer which is the highest rank you can get to as a recruit earns just a little above 100k. An Air craft man, which is the rank he will start with is about 50k. Please don't advise this young man wrongly.

A recruit is different from an officer.

OP, please go to the University, spend four years in school, do NYSC and try the Air Force again. Then you will earn well.
If you join the Air Force as a recruit, I bet you won't have the chance to go to the University in the next five years; you might have the chance much later if you are lucky.

I heard they recruits chance to study?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
M
MaziOmenuko:

So 55k is bae for you? Try renting an apartment, pay children's school fees and maintain a family with that amount. You guys be giving advise from a disadvantage position.

You are doing well bro.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
M
MaziOmenuko:

So 55k is bae for you? Try renting an apartment, pay children's school fees and maintain a family with that amount. You guys be giving advise from a disadvantage position.

You are doing well bro. cool

May I ask please?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Emyben:
Go for your education. Don't for any reason think that you will easily further your education after you get the Airforce job. Easier said than done.
You won't have the time.

Go and grab your degree, develop a side hustle to make some money for yourself while you study. You can join later if your are lucky enough as a commissioned Officer with your degree.

Don't say I didn't tell you. I know fully well what is involved.

So does the "you can further your education" used by the NAF a scam? Please explain to me bro.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by themaestro08(m): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
BabbanBura:

This is the best advise I have seen here. I have brothers (same parents), uncles and aunties and plenty friends who have taken both options and believe me those that enter with ssce are greatly regretting, many have finished their degrees now, with CAN and Masters/PGDs but couldn't get converted to officer cadars. They are now at staff sergeants, airmen/airwomen, after 15 - 17yrs of service both in the Army and Airforce. On the flip side, their counterparts that entered with degrees as officers are now majors. The youngest with about 10yrs of service are now lieutentnts earning over 200k per month.

NEVER ENTER MILITARY WITH SSCE, DO YOUR DEGREE, EVEN IF NA IRK OR CRK, THEN JOIN SHORT SERVICE. send me PM if you want us to talk more. I can even connect you to both categories so you can hear from them directly.

Alot of Nairalanders are ignorant, they will advise u on what they know nothing about.

Shalom

Good evening
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by BabbanBura(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
themaestro08:

Good evening

Hi Bro
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by offset67(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bros you better go for air force ooo no say I no tell u
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by MrNice04(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2023
Rawlings120:
Well you are not right with the salary you mentioned though... but like you said this is a great gamble for the Op... I passed through similar situation.. I joined the Army with my SSCE.. after which i struggled to further my Education and today am a presidential commissioned Officer in the Navy. Still have some of my friends struggling with no Job even after Uni. Now my advise: if the course the Uni offered you is Medicine then go for it otherwise Join the Airforce you won't regret. But if i were you... i would try and find a way to secure my admission until i am fully enlisted into the force... cos it can be dicey at times. And always seek the face of God and i wish the OP the best.
sir is it possible to get the airforce job,go to school and still reapply for short service
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Mhychael: 11:04pm On Jul 28
BabbanBura:

This is the best advise I have seen here. I have brothers (same parents), uncles and aunties and plenty friends who have taken both options and believe me those that enter with ssce are greatly regretting, many have finished their degrees now, with CAN and Masters/PGDs but couldn't get converted to officer cadars. They are now at staff sergeants, airmen/airwomen, after 15 - 17yrs of service both in the Army and Airforce. On the flip side, their counterparts that entered with degrees as officers are now majors. The youngest with about 10yrs of service are now lieutentnts earning over 200k per month.

NEVER ENTER MILITARY WITH SSCE, DO YOUR DEGREE, EVEN IF NA IRK OR CRK, THEN JOIN SHORT SERVICE. send me PM if you want us to talk more. I can even connect you to both categories so you can hear from them directly.

Alot of Nairalanders are ignorant, they will advise u on what they know nothing about.

Shalom

hi can i dm too
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Mhychael: 11:07pm On Jul 28
BabbanBura:

Shalom
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Mhychael: 1:15am On Jul 29
Thomanad:

Hope you know much about the Air force bro.
This shortlist is just for the screening which is stage 1. After this stage another list of those who passed will be released for stage 2 screening. Stage 2 is the medical screening at Kaduna. After which the final list would be released, these are the ones that would proceed on training in Kaduna.
I would advice you go ahead with your university admission.
Reasons:
1. You are not even sure of making it to the training stage, unless you have a godfather of course.
2. You would be in the 'other rank' cadre. Do you know the humiliation we go through?
3. When you see officers ( those in the commissioned officer cadre) after you might have joined the service, you will regret joining with an ssce cert.
4. Don't think going to school in the military is very easy o. It is when you join that you will understand. Going to school is very very very difficult.

Go ahead with your university admission, get your degree, then come back and join with your degree. You will be a commissioned officer, and you will command those that joined even before you were born (other rank though).

Just my point of view....... if anyone disagrees, just read and pass.

word

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ejim Chinazom Judith Graduates As A Medical Doctor In A Wheelchair In Enugu / JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.